AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 21:37   Link #981
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I say drop the princess and co. and focus on Luke, Cecily, Aria and of course, Lisa. At least the princess has added to Cecily's growth a little.
Old 2009-11-18, 21:49   Link #982
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Drop the princess and co. and major part of the audience alongside with them.

Fixed.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 22:04   Link #983
blewin

um..... I'm thinking of dropping this anime. Just can't see a good story coming, and none of the characters are interesting except Lisa and Luke (but they don't get much screen time). So long, "The Sacred Blacksmith".

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 01:06   Link #984
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Since when did Luke become a secondary character? He's the only one who makes this show worth to watch.
Since Cecily is the main character, he has always been secondary to her, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
Drop the princess and co. and major part of the audience alongside with them.

Fixed.
You say it as if a large part of the audience came from the princess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 01:17   Link #985
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
um..... I'm thinking of dropping this anime. Just can't see a good story coming, and none of the characters are interesting except Lisa and Luke (but they don't get much screen time). So long, "The Sacred Blacksmith".
I actually watch this anime every week with my friend, and I am ashamed to say that we're only watching it for the chicks.

I've never done this for an anime before, I blame the lack of quality anime this season (apart from Darker than black 2 which I'm enjoying so far).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 01:53   Link #986
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I say drop the princess and co. and focus on Luke, Cecily, Aria and of course, Lisa. At least the princess has added to Cecily's growth a little.
Amen. Charlotte's Angels suck and need to go - they're an anchor around the neck of this series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 10:00   Link #987
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You say it as if a large part of the audience came from the princess.
I say that the largest part of the audience watch Seiken no Blacksmith because it's moeblob, and care very little about plot.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:
Old 2009-11-19, 10:03   Link #988
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I say that the largest part of the audience watch Seiken no Blacksmith because it's moeblob, and care very little about plot.
Yeah that's your thought, though going by the large collection of posts in this thread, i'd say you're wrong.
Old 2009-11-19, 11:03   Link #989
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah that's your thought, though going by the large collection of posts in this thread, i'd say you're wrong.
I'll rephrase meself. There're two clearly seen parts in Seiken no Blacksmith episodes sequence - episodes 1-3 were pretty "normal", plot-oriented, while eps 5-7 were characters focused, typically moeblob episodes. (Ep. 4 is kinda special, action/plot/characters all in one.)

I claim that the largest part of the audience prefer the direction that the series took in the 5-7 episodes.

As for me, I too prefer moeblob of exceptional quality over quite generic fantasy story, and I will be disappointed if they "drop the princess and co" (it will mean that they switch direction from moeblob back to plot).
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-11-19 at 11:04. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-11-19, 11:09   Link #990
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Since Cecily is the main character, he has always been secondary to her, I feel.
You are wrong too! Cecily boobs are the main character!

I saw in 1 blogue calling this Seiken no Boobsmith
Old 2009-11-19, 11:15   Link #991
LKK

Quote:
I'll rephrase meself. There're two clearly seen parts in Seiken no Blacksmith episodes sequence - episodes 1-3 were pretty "normal", plot-oriented, while eps 5-7 were characters focused, typically moeblob episodes. (Ep. 4 is kinda special, action/plot/characters all in one.)

I claim that the largest part of the audience prefer the direction that the series took in the 5-7 episodes.

As for me, I too prefer moeblob of exceptional quality over quite generic fantasy story, and I will be disappointed if they "drop the princess and co" (it will mean that they switch direction from moeblob back to plot).
It would make for an interesting poll to see who here in the thread prefers the plot-oriented direction versus the moeblob direction. (To use your classifications.)

Me, I'd vote for the plot direction. I wouldn't mind the princess & company storyline except that I feel they're taking what limited time there is away from the Luke, Lisa, Cecily, Aria & the god fight storyline which is where my interest lies.

Now if the princess's storyline leads into and contributes to the god fight story, I'll accept the time spent on her as time spent wisely. But so far, I don't see her storyline being connected to the god fight storyline.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 11:33   Link #992
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I think Luke is being set up to fall for Cecily, though.
I have a strong feeling that it won't happen. But we'll see ^^
No guessing after ep. 7.
Spoiler for :

They showed us the start of the feeling in Luke, now I'm anxious to see how it will go, in what way Luke and Cecily relationships will develop. One thing I'm certain about - it won't be your usual romance story
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:
Old 2009-11-19, 11:35   Link #993
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Seiken no Blacksmith for the moe? Yeah, like we don't have enough of that this year/season. Obviously people are watching for the plot, there's nothing "moe" here, just some Cecily boob jokes that are getting pretty annoying.
Old 2009-11-19, 11:47   Link #994
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Me, I'd vote for the plot direction. I wouldn't mind the princess & company storyline except that I feel they're taking what limited time there is away from the Luke, Lisa, Cecily, Aria & the god fight storyline which is where my interest lies.

Now if the princess's storyline leads into and contributes to the god fight story, I'll accept the time spent on her as time spent wisely. But so far, I don't see her storyline being connected to the god fight storyline.
You're right here, but we're talking not about these two storylines, but rather about two trends (or two directions), moeblob- and plot-oriented. Moeblob direction doesn't take screen time from Lisa, Cecily and Aria for the simple reason that it's they who are the main moeblobs here in Seiken no Blacksmith. So moeblob direction = more focus on characters, including the secondary moeblobs, the princess' bunch, and it actually means more focus on Lisa, Cecily and Aria in "everyday" life, more Lisa, Cecily and Aria fanservice; while plot direction = more action, more battle scenes with the same characters.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
Natsuru:
Old 2009-11-19, 12:37   Link #995
TrueKnight

Episode is so bad that after 10 minutes I skipped right through the end, well a rather interesting plot twist. Shit they need stop on focusing the moe crap and give us more insights on the knights, Black Coat guy/Siegfried and Luke.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 22:51   Link #996
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I actually watch this anime every week with my friend, and I am ashamed to say that we're only watching it for the chicks.

I've never done this for an anime before, I blame the lack of quality anime this season (apart from Darker than black 2 which I'm enjoying so far).
Er, Kimi ni Todoke is very, very good but if you don't like shoujo then I agree that pickings so far are quite slim, aside from Needless which is good idiotic fun.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 03:12   Link #997
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I fail to see the shame in this... (*^_^*)

Normally I can't stand fantasy because it's the same old horribly hackneyed generic Tolkien rip-offs. However I have a high tolerance for generic hackneyed J-RPGs because they generally come with a good supply of cute chicks (and there's nothing more satisfying than defeating God with an army of meido sword maidens).

Blacksmith surprised and delighted me by taking the successful RPG formula and applying it to fantasy! I just don't get why it took Japanese studios so long to bring us heaping does of moe in fantasy. Sci-fi anime's been lousy with it for years!

I don't really care whether they focus on uninspired fantasy plot or on the pointless and stereotypical slice-of-life. Either way the story and the characters are not going anywhere I find very compelling. However, in either case. please keep up the stream of cute moeblobs and lolis - they are mostly made of WIN.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:09   Link #998
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
For me, any moeblob no matter how well done will always be generic to me. So this turn of affairs isn't all too pleasing to me.

I really like western fantasy stories. I love reading High Fantasy. I prefer Low Fantasy more but I don't mind the generic Fantasies. So to me it seems like Isao Miura has gone and butchered the genre with moe and crap and clearly couldn't stand the thought of a medieval fantasy without some obviously superior Japanese culture to compare and contrast...

I joke by the way.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-11-20 at 14:16.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 03:19   Link #999
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Bare hands >>>>>>>>>> Sword

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 05:05   Link #1000
Key Board
Carbon

holy crap, Cecily leveled up like crazy
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen