AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-29, 23:43   Link #1481
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
finally read enough spoilers to have a somewhat complete picture of book 9, lotÂ’s of good stuffs, but there is no way I will do another complete spoiler, consider the time and energy just not worth it, (even just translate the spoiler is too much, that is how much info there is.)

This is fine. The main points are enough to tell me what I can expect.

The books have a nice release speed as well these days, so I can just wait for the release.
Volume 9 would roughly appear next year, until then I can enjoy 6, 7 (yay!) and 8.
With luck they throw in some spin off books as well, so there is enough to cover until volume 9.

To tell the truth though, I am not THAT eager to read the books past volume 7 anymore.
From all the previous spoilers I can gather that there is a lot of focus on Priestess and Goblin Slayer, which starts to get old. Cow Girl is not very interesting since she mostly sits at home doing farm work and therefore is too passive.
I miss some character exploration for the other party members like the dwarf or the lizard, or other countries they could visit like Elflands. Why not visiting Dwarf Shaman's home?

Priestess getting badass is nice, but I have seen enough 'from zero to hero' stories where a beginner grows up, it is not interesting anymore. I assumed Priestess growing up would be done on the side while we focus on Goblin Slayer, but it seems to be a core feature in volume 8 and 9.
To sum it up, I came for Goblin Slayer and not for Priestess. She is a nice contrast and support, but as a main character she is boring.

But back to Hata, thank you for the spoilers, they sure helped to ease the pain during the time I had to wait forever for the next book because of the anime.
And on top of that, thanks to you I know book 8 and 9 are not that important to me, now that I know what kind of story they will be.
Taking away my anticipation is a kind of help, too.

For me I only need book 7, then I can wait out the other books without problems.

Last edited by Questman; 2018-12-29 at 23:56.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 02:31   Link #1482
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
finally read enough spoilers to have a somewhat complete picture of book 9, lot’s of good stuffs, but there is no way I will do another complete spoiler, consider the time and energy just not worth it, (even just translate the spoiler is too much, that is how much info there is.) so let’s hit the main points.

the stars of the book:
cow girl: getting the full wife treatment, once people comes to term the main heroine doesn’t have to be paired with the main hero all the shipping question is just fool’s gold.

priestess: without a doubt the main female character of the whole series if you can’t tell by now, imagine a steel ranks giving GS like commands to the other 3 silver rank while saying GSism quotes? that is how far priestess has come in two years under the tutelage of GS.

worthy notes and development
Spoiler:

Chinese book 7 will be out Jan 19th btw.
Can you at least please share with us what happened with Cow Girl meeting Burglar?
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 20:10   Link #1483
couchpatato

im interested and that to just wait a wile it show up here or on reddit not sure which be first but i honestly hope he there retrain gs
couchpatato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 15:13   Link #1484
Bajanprincess

I read volume 9 via translator so take what I am saying with that in mind. There is a fair amount of GS development and to me that was the most interesting part. This volume was great to me, but I would love, love, love to see the home worlds of the Dwarf and the Lizard Priest. I didn't understand that Bulgar part so if someone could explain that would be great.
Bajanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-04, 06:54   Link #1485
Mediconsite99

As for priestess part, it just served as a meter stick for readers to have a grasp of Priestess character growth under GS influence. The exciting parts have been mentioned by Hata, nothing more.

Personally went to japan just for this. Slightly satisfied with some developments. Read it as soon as I purchased it. No regrets. Plus I've found some new fix, Kaguya-sama. Really good things happen this year
Mediconsite99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 03:33   Link #1486
zibi88

Can you tell some more about the "GS master" thing ? was the kidnapping his doing to test GS growth or did he appear at the end of the story when GS & CG returned to the farm.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 00:18   Link #1487
Wheeljack83

Yeah really wish someone could explain what happened with Burglar.
Old 2019-01-10, 11:26   Link #1488
couchpatato

wait his master kidnapped cow girl ?
couchpatato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 19:12   Link #1489
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpatato View Post
wait his master kidnapped cow girl ?
We have no idea what happened.
Old 2019-01-13, 21:16   Link #1490
Questman

I found a character entry for Burglar on the TV Trope website. It mentions the scene in volume 9.

According to that the scene is not that climatic. Basically Burglar just shows up to check how Goblin Slayer is doing after 6 years.

Burglar still has the habit to talk about Goblin Slayer in a negative and belitting way, similar to how he talked when he trained him, he never really stopped beeing a dick even after training him.
That is why Cow Girl is upset, because she does not like it in general when people badmouth GS, exspecially when it is as extreme as Burglar does it.

When Hata provides spoilers, he/she highlights the important parts or the climatic parts in those spoilers, but Burglar was left out.
So I assume Hata left it out, because that moment was not noteworthy enough to share it.

Considering Hata not mentioning it and the TV Trope entry, I think Burglar showing up has no important meaning on it, yet...
It might change in the next volume, until then I would disregard the Burglar appearance as unimportant for now.
Old 2019-01-14, 04:47   Link #1491
Wheeljack83

Whether it was noteworthy or not, I want to know what happened because Burglar is one of my favorite characters.
Old 2019-01-14, 18:01   Link #1492
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
Whether it was noteworthy or not, I want to know what happened because Burglar is one of my favorite characters.
The problem is, until someone is willing to fantranslate it, you will never know what happened with Burglar. You need to read every line, every word, to understand everything. A spoiler just can't deliver it. You may get the context, but it is not the same as reading that scene for yourself.

I read volume 5 spoilers here and then the book, and it is a huge difference. The way the party members talk, argue, or act is another experience compared to reading a spoiler about it.

You simply have to wait it out I am afraid. You have the context, but no one here will translate the entire content/page word for word. Hata already lost motivation just to write a summary because it is a hassle.

And to be honest, Burglar at the moment is just a background character. Speaking for myself, I will read that part and I will just take note of his appearance. I can't imagine that he does something awesome or has a 'big reveal' dialouge in that scene when no one posts spoilers for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Quite true, even in my country. Rarely do I find anyone reading at least a LN Series, it's usually simply Manga.
And if I even make the slightest mention of LNs, some people seem to get triggered

But I gotta admit that only during this last year did I start picking up a handful of LNs, at best.
Especially because I've been, for years, working an an original story of mine, in a LN-style nonetheless

I only started to read Goblin Slayer recently, because it is a story that manages to hook me up for once. For me over 90% of LN are a waste of time.

Since I am not a regular reader of books, I had to get used to the wall of text. Sometimes I still get stuck on pages where the author writes in vague terms and I have to interpret everything.
Recently in book 5, When GS and HEA argued with each other because of Noble Fencer screwing up their plan, there was a part where HEA started to ponder why she was angry to begin with and what changed between her and GS.
I had no idea what was going on and I had to reread it several times before I understood what was going on (or rather what HEA was thinking).

And getting stuck or having a hard time to understand everything is the reason people pick mangas. I was annoyed myself, the lack of names (making it difficult to determine who 'he' and 'her' is at times), and the authors tendency to hint at stuff instead of explaining it is at times too much for my taste.
It feels like you are not reading, but deciphering the book at times. It is a pace killer.
Old 2019-01-16, 02:31   Link #1493
Wheeljack83

I still like Burglar
Old 2019-01-16, 10:45   Link #1494
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Priestess san, are you gonna purified ogre blood into water, like what you did in your former quest, or did you have another trick to tried out?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 13:11   Link #1495
The Green One

Going to have to be something else. From what I heard the Earth Mother visited her in a vision and informed her if she does the blood purifying thing again she'll be cut off from further miracles.
Old 2019-01-16, 15:30   Link #1496
Twi

Which is a shame, because that would pretty much make any battle against a non-magic user or without magical protection a walk in the park. Because let's be honest, if not for the threat of her losing her miracles, there's no reason GS wouldn't have her use it when the threat gets too big. Earth Mother had to come down with the nerf bat.
Old 2019-01-16, 17:01   Link #1497
Eclar
Avid reader

If I'm not wrong, every time Priestess used her spells, it was to indirectly kill / trap the goblins, which is probably why the Earth Mother was mad when she induced water poisoning on a goblin.

Pretty much any character in the series who has a circulatory system is gonna die from Purify (including the Heroine).
Old 2019-01-16, 18:49   Link #1498
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
I still like Burglar

Nobody likes Burglar. You are lying to yourself, and you know it.
Old 2019-01-16, 18:59   Link #1499
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Going to have to be something else. From what I heard the Earth Mother visited her in a vision and informed her if she does the blood purifying thing again she'll be cut off from further miracles.
probably all the other Gods players have their ruleslawyer filing a complaint with the Overgod GM
Old 2019-01-17, 00:51   Link #1500
The Green One

Well Earth Mother is supposed to be a Goddess of healing and mercy. Priestess herself questions why Earth Mother keeps granting her miracles when she's using them to help Goblin Slayer to kill Goblins. She's already pushing the boundaries as it is killing them indirectly. I think this was the first time she directly killed a Goblin with a miracle and that's when Earth Mother put her foot down.

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?