AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 15:24   Link #1
nfsac

Our Thoughts on the manga series that are ending now

Guys, first I'm not sure if this is the best section to talk about, but since its purely about manga... Anyway.

So many good series are ending by now, all of them in a row that makes me wonder if authors share their pace

I've dived into manga/anime world in 2008 where I start to read/watch many great series. I did not pick any by the start, I simply got up to date and kept waiting new releases. So many good series: Rosario + Vampire, Omamori Himari, Sora no Otoshimono, among many others. With thoose 3 the same feeling, all strong on start but all lost their tracks and had rushed endings or axed. I'm not working with spoilers but all who have seen the end of thoose 3 can relate to what I'm feeling.
We all hate when our favorite series end but I kinda feel a let down on all of them, it seems to me this years were wasted due to the way things moved on ( sales, profits, critical opinions)

I'd like to know what you guys also think about it and if you have any other series that is ending by now please feel free to talk about it too.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 15:55   Link #2
Homura7

Sora no Otoshimono wasn't rushed at all, and there's still the epilogue left. And I disagree, SnO was excellent from the beggining to the end.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 16:05   Link #3
nfsac

Well on that point I agree with you, thanks for comming by this topic
I just feel sad about Rosario vampire, my fav series ever, going down during beggining of its season 2. In that point I felt, here we go, loosing focus on the school and ..
Old 2014-02-01, 16:10   Link #4
Homura7

Yeah, I have to agree on that one. Slowly lost interest in the series the more it headed to the action path rather than the balanced one that also had a lot of humor. I hate when that happens, but oh well, nothing that can be done if the author feels is better that way.
Old 2014-02-01, 16:46   Link #5
nfsac

In the end I can't forget they have to meet the profit out of it, well mangaka's need to pay the bills too ;P. Its just sad that we get so much into such a series that when it ends, we feel at a real loss, either a good or bad ending, the the feeling remains.
Old 2014-02-01, 18:05   Link #6
Hokoga

These are the only ones I can think of at the moment and this is how I feel about them ending.

Kimi no Iru Machi - Its about time

Rosario+Vampire - => => => =>

Beelzebub seems really abrupt

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-02-01 at 23:16.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 23:12   Link #7
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Naruto: Needs to die

Bleach: Should've died back in the FKT arc.
Old 2014-02-01, 23:39   Link #8
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Bleach???? is that still ongoing?? Lol....

the problem is that there are many great mangas that are axed because they aren't popular at all but definitely an interesting one.... In case of wsj like Beel, popularity is the mere case wherein a manga will be ended abruptly.

In case of R+V I really liked the manga's action theme/scenes since they're all have a high quality of depiction. It's just the ending is the problem in there.

Sora no Oto... what's rushed in a 100+ ending with an epilogue coming? It will all depend on the epilogue if this will be stamped to a good end or abrupt end.

Deadman Wonderland which ended last year is also a disappointing one but not that much, it depends on the mindset of the reader wherein what you will think about they're future.

If I'm not mistaken Claymore is giving a vibes of ending too... but not expecting to end immediately considering it is a monthly manga.

Soul Eater also ended last year... and I think IMO it ended in a good way.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-02-02, 01:01   Link #9
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
These are the only ones I can think of at the moment and this is how I feel about them ending.

Kimi no Iru Machi - Its about time

Rosario+Vampire - => => => =>

Beelzebub seems really abrupt
What!? Beelzebub is gonna end too?
Old 2014-02-02, 01:15   Link #10
larethian

Beel should end. I'm not surprised at all. I stopped following it about 100+ chapters into it. It's just not hooking at all (to me). Same goes for the anime (to me). And with its shit ranking in WSJ for the past year, I'm not surprised at all. Oops, I said it twice. Was it axed or the story just is coming to an end naturally (by volition of author)? Haven't really been keeping track of WSJ news for quite a while.

Bleach should have ended when it was in bottom five consecutively for god knows how long. Its plotholes are way too glaring. Even now, it's still hovering near bottom five.

As for Naruto, from its ranking, it's still going strong with readers. Haven't been following it for a year, but at least, it doesn't have glaring WTF moments, inconsistent setting, and boring round-robin fights like Bleach.

RV is ok, considering it's the author's first piece of work (IIRC). Don't find it too fantastic. The art is good and the flow of story does have a certain draw to it however.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 01:32   Link #11
n0m@n
C-Z

I guess Weekly Shounen JUMP won't shine as much from now.
This was the Golden Age of JUMP:

Old 2014-02-02, 01:34   Link #12
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Apparently no one can ever be satified... either a series is ending too abruptly, or is dragging on way too long

For the ones that are ending, yes, it's sad to see, but all things must come to an end. I look at it as a case "see what comes to replace it"- in fact, although I'll always love R+V, Dragons Rioting is relatively new (barely over a year old), and while a bit heavier on certain elements, it's quite fun. I'm also starting up a series called Seven Sisters, though I've only read the first chapter to it.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 01:54   Link #13
Kioras

R+V is ending roughly were the author wanted it to. I just feel that he let his arcs drag on too much, with the fighting taking up too much space. In the last arc or so he gave way too much space to background and art detail while letting the fights drag on a little too much.

We had too little time to concentrate on the characters and there interactions and it devolved into pure combat. It was obvious however that this season was going to concentrate on resolving Tsukunes transformations, Alucard and inner/outer Moka. They have been resolved so it is natural to finish the series/season off.

He obviously has another series planned, and might do a senor year, series 3 as a partial reboot down the line.

SnO was another long runner that ended. However just like R+V it feels like a planned ending. Most of the main story threads were tied up, and we had 10-11 plot heavy chapters, almost a years worth where he wound the series up. Ending feels rushed but we should have seen it when the harpies died.

The final one i'll touch on Omamori Himari, was another long runner, that wrapped itself up more or less completely. Ever since Tama was handled the series was heading towards a wrap up, and they answered the main remaining question in regards to Himari. That was again 12 chapters, or a years worth of releases.

Monthly release may have a ~2-6 chapter warning on ending, while weekly releases may have a ~10-15 chapter warning. Enough for either one to mostly fill up a single volume. The less chapters just means they feel more rushed when they often are not.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 04:28   Link #14
hamazura
whatever

Gantz - shit
Rave - rushed at the end
Old 2014-02-02, 07:06   Link #15
nfsac

It was a fun ride, sure was. Strange point is: I dived when I started college and all ended when I graduated
Old 2014-02-02, 09:00   Link #16
nfsac

To put it on simple terms: Omamori Himari: I hate that it ended, but the ending was ok. R+V I hated how it ended and the fract it ended Double pissed off!
Old 2014-02-02, 15:06   Link #17
Homura7

With all the still ongoing good series there are out there I don't think it will be that difficult for you to find something that can replace one that just finished.
Old 2014-02-02, 15:40   Link #18
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Felt kinda sad with Omamori Himari ending. Hope the epilogue includes a fitting end to the other girls too.
Sora no Otoshimono ended at the right time on the right note.
Soul Eater was one I followed from the start to the end and that was a sad moment for me.
Rosario+Vampire, the last chapter should've been a bit longer but lets see what the epilogue says.
And I agree with many that Bleach should've ended a long time ago.
I always enjoyed Beelzebub and it seemed like it had a good story arc still to go with a possible inclusion of heaven and other stuff.
Naruto I think should've ended last year but hopefully it ends before May, that should give it a good time to wrap things up
Old 2014-02-02, 16:46   Link #19
nfsac

It's the same feeling I had when part 2 of Guilty Crown started. I ignored the signs that things were doing down and kept following it. Both disasters GC and R+V.

Omamori Himari I finished reading it from 60 to 75. Well it's at least acceptable such ending.
Old 2014-02-02, 19:23   Link #20
BW95
Banned

You know it's kinda strange. When I first ask myself what manga series ended I can't remember any, but the fact of the matter is that I've seen a bunch end, but as I'm writing this the only one that comes to me is Soul Eater.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, naruto, omamori himari, rosario + vampire, sora no otoshimono