AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 04:03   Link #3081
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I'm trying to recall- is there a single character in this show that has managed to amass hate as QUICKLY as Luciano has? It's his first appearance, and already people will consider Rolo redeemed if he kills him. Between his attitude, the epic-failed attempt on Suzaku's life, the attempt to do who-knows-what to Kallen, and his contradictory insults in back-to-back scenes to Suzaku and Gino, I don't think anyone's made as bad a first impression. XD
Hah, him and Nina are fighting for it.

Hell, that whole bit had me thinking that Animesuki should have an awards ceremony and give out some half-assed awards (and some serious ones) to the animes that were highlighted that that year! It would be the most hilarious thing ever!

We could give the, "Most Hated Anime Character."
The, "Most Recycled Footage." (*Cough* Macross Frontier *Cough*)
Maybe even, "Most Likely To Succeed As a Pimp." That'd be a tough one, a bit battle between all the harems... My vote is on Lelouch. He has one hell of a backhand!
Old 2008-07-28, 04:03   Link #3082
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Imagine if Suzaku wasn't so hacked and got killed there lol....wonder what would Bismark do.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:04   Link #3083
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I'm trying to recall- is there a single character in this show that has managed to amass hate as QUICKLY as Luciano has? It's his first appearance, and already people will consider Rolo redeemed if he kills him. Between his attitude, the epic-failed attempt on Suzaku's life, the attempt to do who-knows-what to Kallen, and his contradictory insults in back-to-back scenes to Suzaku and Gino, I don't think anyone's made as bad a first impression. XD
He really has made one of the worst first impressions a person can. He's really managed to get everyone angry at him. He failed to kill Suzaku which got the Suzaku haters upset. Trying in itself to kill Suzaku would get his fans angry. Those who liked Euphy can get upset at using "Genocide Princess" as a taunt. Pretty much ignoring Nunnally and that his presence wasn't wanted which can get the people who like her upset. What he was going to do to Kallen can get her fans upset. To finish it off with being rude to Gino and his presence causing mention of the dreaded GinoxKallen pairing which got the LelouchxKallen fans angry. The man has in a little over 2 minutes (8:35-10:47) gotten most of the Geass fans wanting him dead. No wonder he made Knight of Ten with that kind of talent .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Imagine if Suzaku wasn't so hacked and got killed there lol....wonder what would Bismark do.
The hax of Suzaku is as usual something to marvel at. Arthur gets angry, he glances over, moves his head to dodge and catches the blade easily. All that after getting beaten up by Kallen.
Old 2008-07-28, 04:06   Link #3084
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
the guy
in the frame of two scenes
1)almost killed suzaku (just for LOL's)
2)insulted euphie
3)disobeyed nunnaly
4)pretty much told kallen that he was going to rape her (with nunnaly there to hear him)
and from the look on kalles face when she heard who he was i can only assume that he's well known for doing things like these

i can see why he'd be hated
Old 2008-07-28, 04:10   Link #3085
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
He was basically introduced to us as quite the "rape the dog"-character, indeed...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:10   Link #3086
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Surely there must be some group of Code Geass fans out there that likes him... maybe Charles fans? Or perhaps diehard fans of Grimmjow from Bleach since they're basically the same person but with opposite colour schemes.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:11   Link #3087
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
He really has made one of the worst first impressions a person can. He's really managed to get everyone angry at him. He failed to kill Suzaku which got the Suzaku haters upset. Trying in itself to kill Suzaku would get his fans angry. Those who liked Euphy can get upset at using "Genocide Princess" as a taunt. Pretty much ignoring Nunnally and that his presence wasn't wanted which can get the people who like her upset. What he was going to do to Kallen can get her fans upset. To finish it off with being rude to Gino and his presence causing mention of the dreaded GinoxKallen pairing which got the LelouchxKallen fans angry. The man has in a little over 2 minutes (8:35-10:47) gotten most of the Geass fans wanting him dead. No wonder he made Knight of Ten with that kind of talent .
Fuck that... He should be EMPEROR...
Old 2008-07-28, 04:12   Link #3088
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

why would he have fans
he has no redeeming qualities what so ever

he looks like the kind of person who joins the army for the looting
the kind you hang as an example to the rest of the men
Old 2008-07-28, 04:17   Link #3089
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why would he have fans
he has no redeeming qualities what so ever

he looks like the kind of person who joins the army for the looting
the kind you hang as an example to the rest of the men
The man was created to be hated. Figure the only people who would like him are the types that have to go against everything and those who seriously like jerks. Which is why I said the majority rather than some foolish statement like all of them .
Old 2008-07-28, 04:19   Link #3090
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

I thought I'd add one more group of fans he could potentially already have pissed off: Wearing all that orange makes it seem like he's some poser trying to get the colour orange associated with him. I, as an Orange-kun fan, find this simply unacceptable, so he annoys me in that capacity as well.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:20   Link #3091
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The man was created to be hated. Figure the only people who would like him are the types that have to go against everything and those who seriously like jerks. Which is why I said the majority rather than some foolish statement like all of them .
I probably would like him if he wasn't just a jerk. A villain needs a certain flare to them to spark likability. If he is just a jerk and twisted, he comes off as no redeeming qualities. This guy just kills for the sake of killing, but unlike other characters like that, he doesn't have that flare that the likes of Kefka or Joker have. My two cents on that matter anyway.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:30   Link #3092
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I don't see Kallen getting the upgraded Guren only to get saved by Gino.
Yeah, I think the new Guren will appear as things are going poorly and then just freakin' OWN everyone, but the battle comes to abrupt end when Suzaku uses the bomb, for whatever reason.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I just can't see Suzaku willingly using that bomb. I give Suzaku a lot of crap, justifiably so; but I can't see him being that low. I mean, even if ordered to. Lloyd had it spot on. By using that bomb both Nina and Suzaku would both kill their ideals of Euphimia.
That's what I never quite got about Nina and Suzaku. They both claim their actions are for Euphimia, but you don't honor the will and ideals of the dead by doing what they would never approve of. Nunnally is the one who's closest to Euphy's ideals.
Only way I can see Suzaku actually using that bomb is by either accident, which seems unlikely; or in some blind rage, like what happened end of last season.
Though to get that kind of reaction I would think that Lelouch would REALLY have to push his buttons by mocking Euphimia. I don't see that since Lelouch also cares for her.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 04:36   Link #3093
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the guren got pimped up to the point that no pilot can fly it (like the shen hu,before li)
i get a sense that kallen will steal it
pull the most epic CMOA in the show so far
make it back to the ikaruga
and then collapse to the point where she has to be treated by medic's

Spoiler for match the spoilers:
Old 2008-07-28, 09:23   Link #3094
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quick question about Luciano. He's Knight of Ten, right? Kallen has always been able to keep up with Suzaku, who's Knight of Seven. So in a Knightmare fight, would Kallen totally kick Luciano's ass?
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:26   Link #3095
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Numbers are not indicative of skill. And, as much as Kallen has been able to keep up with Suzaku in a Frame fight, she has always been bested by him, one way or another.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:27   Link #3096
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Quick question about Luciano. He's Knight of Ten, right? Kallen has always been able to keep up with Suzaku, who's Knight of Seven. So in a Knightmare fight, would Kallen totally kick Luciano's ass?
Trust me Lucanio's asking for it and he'll be the first one to test out Guren Ganesha's new features up close and personal if you know what I mean
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:03   Link #3097
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Trust me Lucanio's asking for it and he'll be the first one to test out Guren Ganesha's new features up close and personal if you know what I mean
I wouldn't be too sure of that - Gino apparently wants his duel/re-match with her and he might get the chance later on - if I may speculate, I think he might become the first one to get a taste of the new guren's power, which'll mess up the Tristian which'll mean the need for the update/change of it that we see in the OP... So Luciano might not be the first oen to get a taste of the new guren's power.. but who knows?
Old 2008-07-28, 10:07   Link #3098
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I wouldn't be too sure of that - Gino apparently wants his duel/re-match with her and he might get the chance later on - if I may speculate, I think he might become the first one to get a taste of the new guren's power, which'll mess up the Tristian which'll mean the need for the update/change of it that we see in the OP... So Luciano might not be the first oen to get a taste of the new guren's power.. but who knows?

That's true, however it seems like Lloyd and Cecile had completed all necessary upgrades needed since you can see in the background that the Lancelot does not have its flight pack and in the foreground a shadow of the Guren's golden claw can be shown.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:10   Link #3099
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

from the looks of it the lancelot has been upgreaded after the guren was
since it can be used but the guren "cant"
guess it means we know which machine is the stronger one (based on specs)
Old 2008-07-28, 10:12   Link #3100
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post

That's true, however it seems like Lloyd and Cecile had completed all necessary upgrades needed since you can see in the background that the Lancelot does not have its flight pack and in the foreground a shadow of the Guren's golden claw can be shown.
A flight pack should be easily enough attached though, and it's hard to belive that the Lancelot wouldn't partiparticle in a batte as important as this one... Well, all that show that the new Guren is just about done, but that's it...