Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Oh, and let's not forget about our beloved Platinum:

YES!! I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE playing as Platinum. *w*

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 15:28   Link #1923
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

So is she going to be like Megaman in TvC or Zelda/Shiek in SSB?

That'd be interesting. Plus, having her use meter to transform would help prevent Platnium from being able to counter a lot of other characters.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 17:39   Link #1924
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've put this game on the backburner (didn't help that getting a game in ranked took so long and from what I've heard is even worse now) to focus on SSFIV for my upcoming major, Battle Arena Melbourne 2. Seeing that the upcoming balance change is going to completely change combos around again I guess I'll just wait for that... I hope their timing is good.. get it out a few months before MvC3 at least...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 02:24   Link #1925
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i've stopped playing since i got back to school, but apparently this game is deathly popular in japan. go figure.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:47   Link #1926
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan

Platinum footage at the end.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 11:53   Link #1927
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The lack of...'shorcut' for special sometimes still gets me ;( I guess this is the price for being ignorant to train my skills lol
....And why is it that Hazama unlimited mode is just too strong ? D:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:53   Link #1928
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-1ql...ayer_embedded#

character usages for SBO. come december, bye bye bang and litchi.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-09-14, 15:41   Link #1929
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The lack of...'shorcut' for special sometimes still gets me ;( I guess this is the price for being ignorant to train my skills lol
Same here, I miss CT's controls for that.

Quote:
A little slow, aren'tcha He is the boss character of Continuum Shift, period. So of course he is seriously strong. Not too surprised either considering his insane reach with his drive. Aerial dash and attacking is just suicidal.

Going through Rachel's arcade and fighting him is THE biggest pain in the ass I've ever seen.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 19:18   Link #1930
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

he's relatively simple to beat if you know how to abuse the AI. just bait out his 3 or so DPs and you'll have a reasonable chance to do some damage. playing /\ against him was great practice because it made me work on my zoning lock down soooooo much.

Old 2010-09-15, 03:56   Link #1931
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
A little slow, aren'tcha He is the boss character of Continuum Shift, period. So of course he is seriously strong. Not too surprised either considering his insane reach with his drive. Aerial dash and attacking is just suicidal.
I played the leaked version before, and I think he's...stronger in the console for some reasons

Quote:
ust bait out his 3 or so DPs and you'll have a reasonable chance to do some damage.
A.. what ? o.o;
Seriously, every tme I need to beat him, I need to tone the difficulty down to beginner ;_;

...And, can someone explain what Continuum Shift means ? I'm only in Litchi's path at the moment and I still don't understand this..thing. Is it an another definition of 'parallel universe' ? And uh...while it's a parallel universe, it's different than the one in CT (time-loop paradox etc), right ?

Old 2010-09-15, 05:16   Link #1932
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I played the leaked version before, and I think he's...stronger in the console for some reasons
The console version gave the Unlimited versions of all characters new/altered moves. Like how Unlimited Ragna has 2 follow-ups to Dead Spike.
Old 2010-09-15, 05:19   Link #1933
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yeah, I noticed that he can do a mini jayaku houtenjin without using the heat gauge

Old 2010-09-18, 17:54   Link #1934
Westlo
Lets be reality

SBO Results

Blazblue: Continuum Shift:

1st - Tsujikawa (Taokaka) / Chou (Litchi)
2nd - Satoshi (Bang) / Hiroshi (Jin)
3rd tie - Goro (Lambda) / Fumo (Arakune) & Dora (Bang) / Hima (Arakune)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:47   Link #1935
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

goro and fumo got shafted with faulty equipment (so they say). lame.

Old 2010-09-19, 04:51   Link #1936
iamthechamp

grats to tsujikawa and chou, very sad that they WERE the ones to knock out buppa/dio
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 13:20   Link #1937
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Translation of changes listed here: http://blazblue.jp/info/BB15CS_Information_100919.html

PS3 patch - 9/20 Valk - 9/21 (JPN time)
360 patch/Valk - delayed

System changes & bug fixes
- Trophy/Acheivement update w/ Valk DLC
- Faster matching speed in Ranked Matches
- Fixed a problem where some effects didn't disappear, which made the game have to process more info.
- On Kagatsuchi Port (Rain) stage, fixed a problem where an environmental sound effect didn't play correctly
- Fixed a problem where under certain circumstances if you choose Makoto in Player Matches the character select screen glitched.
- Fixed a problem in training mode where sound effects may not stop under certain conditions.
- Game now autosaves after completing each mission in challenge mode, you no longer have to go back to the main menu to save progress for that.
- Now when clearing score attack, your final score is displayed (this wasn't done before? never played score attack)
- Fixed the problem where in Legion mode DLC character portrait icons appeared, even though they're unusable in Legion mode.
- In network mode it remembers the last character you chose, and defaults to them.
- On network mode results after matches, "Used character PSR" and "Top PSR" information is displayed.
- Fixed a problem where in Ranked Matches / Quick Match the matching system would lock up and not advance.
- When training in ranked / player matches, on the character select screen you can now hit select/back to return to the room.
- Fixed some typos.

Character adjustments & bug fixes
- Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl's Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.
- Fixed a problem where when using Taokaka's DLC colors, the displayed effects became distorted.
- Fixed a problem where icons sometimes did not display correctly near the health guage when Nirvana dies.
- In challenge mode, when using Λ-11's gravity well, the gauge auto-refills (I guess after dropping the combo, so you no longer have to wait for it to recharge)
- Fixed a problem which caused v-13's ghost merging with Λ-11 during her intro vs. Ragna to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem where if you pause during Tsubaki install the sound effect loops (or if you reset in training mode lol)
- Fixed a problem where under certain conditions after using Hazama's Jakou the effects didn't disappear properly after the move executes.
- Fixed a problem where Hazama didn't use the correct voice set vs. certain characters in Network Mode.
- Fixed a problem with V-13's voice set in Network Mode.
- Changes made to how Makoto's Space Counter (Parry) input functions. (Probably goodbye parry loop imo)
- Changed something about how holding the D button to charge Makoto's Big Bang Smash and Planet Crusher.
- Changes made to Makoto's beginner mode.
- Fixed a problem where during Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral her crest effect didn't display.
- Fixed the problem where after getting hit by Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral you could still move around sometimes.

PS3 Specific fix:
- Fixed a problem where after clearing score attack and uploading your score, it wasn't registered.

360 Specific fix:
- Fixed a problem where PSR was added during Player Matches.
Well, not sure if it's accurate or not, so if anyone sees any mistranslation, feel free to correct me.
Old 2010-09-19, 14:29   Link #1938
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's just the Valk patch right? not the patch patch..

Old 2010-09-20, 00:32   Link #1939
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that's just the Valk patch right? not the patch patch..
The vast majority of these changes are bug fixes and system refinements, the only character changed to any extent is Makoto. Ofcourse it's the Valk patch, not the rebalance patch. Rebalance patch won't be here until December.
Old 2010-09-20, 01:16   Link #1940
Thino

whoa sucks for xbox360 players
Thino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360