AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 23:27   Link #881
wingman32x

Excellent episode. They really hit a home run with the Natsuno/Toru dynamic this episode. Things like Toru hiding his face, the various flashbacks throughout the episode, and the emotions felt by both Natsuno an Toru all made this confrontation special. They really did a good job with it. TBH, I didn't see the end of the episode coming. With the way Tatsumi and Megumi were approaching Natsuno with the camera panning out looked like that was the cliffy, but then Toru came out of nowhere and bit him. That was a pretty good fake out IMO. On a side note, I love Shiki-Megumi's character design. It's simply perfect. Overall just a really great episode. This series has been great so far.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 23:42   Link #882
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
lol my God. Series ratings would drop so hard so fast
Nah, it would prob sell more if it had more BL. That's why Tooru is on a cover with Yuuki.
Old 2010-09-11, 23:49   Link #883
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, it would prob sell more if it had more BL. That's why Tooru is on a cover with Yuuki.
It certainly seems like there's been more activity in the thread after this past episode and most of the Shiki fanart I've found has been of either Tooru or Natsuno so I think orion is on the right track. I mean, look at this recent spread, if that's not fanservice then I'm not sure what it is.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 00:31   Link #884
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^Oh my...where's my yuri action?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 00:37   Link #885
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It certainly seems like there's been more activity in the thread after this past episode and most of the Shiki fanart I've found has been of either Tooru or Natsuno so I think orion is on the right track. I mean, look at this recent spread, if that's not fanservice then I'm not sure what it is.
Oh my... those 2 are getting wet....

Quote:
Sorry. BL is the new untapped financial frontier in animation.
Old 2010-09-12, 02:12   Link #886
Kakkou
Tch.

Seeing their favourite characters get wet seems to be an effective strategy for any kind of fanservice it seems. I'm glad this time there's no Masao to sour the image and instead Aoi got brought in lol. Yet somehow I get the feeling that behind one of those trees, Megubitch is stalking Natsuno while thinking "Why doesn't Yuuki-kun ever spray water on me?". Further back behind another tree would be Masao sulking thinking "Why does everyone like Natsuno? Even Tohru-chan!".

Quote:
Sorry. BL is the new untapped financial frontier in animation.
I'd say the industry's been tapping into it for quite some time already .
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 02:59   Link #887
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wish we knew how many tracks will be on this mini release, but heck it's better the nothing.

Still hoping we get an actual full soundtrack release at a later date.
Well, truth be told the soundtrack to this show is not that expansive, it's just many versions of the same tracks (full ver, +violin ver, +vocal ver, acappella, instrumental etc). Could be a hard sell as a standalone CD, so I think the mini soundtracks with every other DVD/BD will be everything to come out for this show music-wise. Of course I hope they put as many track variations they used in the show on CD as possible... but don't really believe it.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 03:29   Link #888
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Well, truth be told the soundtrack to this show is not that expansive, it's just many versions of the same tracks (full ver, +violin ver, +vocal ver, acappella, instrumental etc).
Oh i already know that, though that doesn't stop me from adoring the score, and wanting to own ever part of it . But yeah, you're probably right about a full soundtrack release, so we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2010-09-12, 10:09   Link #889
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
This

The scan is <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192
At the moment Megumi doesnt have another hot vamp girl to make out with
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 10:10   Link #890
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You're watching the wrong show if you want some of that to happen.
Old 2010-09-12, 10:53   Link #891
mikoo
Banned

Freebies:

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 11:00   Link #892
Silverwyrm

Spoiler for .:

changing my avi a lot these days >.>
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 11:22   Link #893
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
wondering why only Megumi change her clothing taste after becoming vampire...
More so than the others, it almost seems that vampirism has been a liberating experience for Megumi. It's like being killed and rising has liberated the inner rebel she always wanted to be, but could never outgrow the limitations of her upbringing to become.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 12:12   Link #894
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay I'm going to bring this up again because I really want to know what others think about this.

Earlier, I brought up the fact that it seems strange that the kirishiki (sp?) family seems a bit "small" to me. Perhaps there are others to be revealed? My point is, taking this village as an example, it seems like the chance of becoming a risen/vampire is pretty high...so unless this is like the first or second time these vampires have done something like this, it just seems a bit off to me. What happened to all the other human-turned vampires/risens? Where are they? Did a previous village manage to kill most of them? Or were they somehow manipulated/used?

It's just that it seems like they really want to take care of these new Risens, so if they are treated like family, then what exactly happened to everyone else. Or maybe we'll get to see a bunch more in the castle later??
Old 2010-09-12, 13:16   Link #895
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Okay I'm going to bring this up again because I really want to know what others think about this.

Earlier, I brought up the fact that it seems strange that the kirishiki (sp?) family seems a bit "small" to me. Perhaps there are others to be revealed? My point is, taking this village as an example, it seems like the chance of becoming a risen/vampire is pretty high...so unless this is like the first or second time these vampires have done something like this, it just seems a bit off to me. What happened to all the other human-turned vampires/risens? Where are they? Did a previous village manage to kill most of them? Or were they somehow manipulated/used?

It's just that it seems like they really want to take care of these new Risens, so if they are treated like family, then what exactly happened to everyone else. Or maybe we'll get to see a bunch more in the castle later??
one thing to remember about the "rerising rate" is that not only are there more people that die we don't see (they tend to make vampires out of the characters we know than the ones we don't, as they would have little to no impact) but also the "moving families" that are likely kidnapped by the estate and used as fodder for the new vampires, they aren't marked in the deaths at all while they almost positively are dead.

I really think there are more people dying than we know, but due to not seeing that combined with only the people "we know" rising it makes it seem artificially high they will come back.

On another note, there is likely more to the family, as we've seen the little girl who wasnt included in the "husband wife child and servant" that moved in. Its quite probable there are more we havent seen.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:27   Link #896
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
one thing to remember about the "rerising rate" is that not only are there more people that die we don't see (they tend to make vampires out of the characters we know than the ones we don't, as they would have little to no impact) but also the "moving families" that are likely kidnapped by the estate and used as fodder for the new vampires, they aren't marked in the deaths at all while they almost positively are dead.

I really think there are more people dying than we know, but due to not seeing that combined with only the people "we know" rising it makes it seem artificially high they will come back.

On another note, there is likely more to the family, as we've seen the little girl who wasnt included in the "husband wife child and servant" that moved in. Its quite probable there are more we havent seen.
That's a good point, forgot about all those people that mysteriously left the village with no traces whatsoever.

As for the most recent episode, did anyone find that one line about "We can't let hunters do what they want" or w/e to be kind of interesting? I mean, from his perspective, natsuno certainly is a hunter and the vampires can't let him get away, but at the same time, to Natsuno, the vampires are the hunters as well. Just kinda interesting...
Old 2010-09-12, 13:34   Link #897
Silverwyrm

someone earlier mentioned how vampires can actually be rather easily defeated after they/their lair is found and brought to attention, hunted can quickly become hunter and they will quickly be put in a more compromising situation (especially with only 1 of them active in the day so far). Knocking Natsuno off is obvious, Seishin spared(?) is likely a sunako thing, so the most interesting point would actually be why Toshio was also to be spared, despite that he is just as aggressive about the vampires as Natsuno.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:41   Link #898
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
someone earlier mentioned how vampires can actually be rather easily defeated after they/their lair is found and brought to attention, hunted can quickly become hunter and they will quickly be put in a more compromising situation (especially with only 1 of them active in the day so far). Knocking Natsuno off is obvious, Seishin spared(?) is likely a sunako thing, so the most interesting point would actually be why Toshio was also to be spared, despite that he is just as aggressive about the vampires as Natsuno.
I think Toshio was spared simply because Sunako is interested in the Seishin-Toshio dynamic...Well the preview for next episode with Sunako makes me wonder what's going to happen >.<!!!
Old 2010-09-12, 14:16   Link #899
Dop
Mmmm....

Whaaa......? I totally wasn't expecting that. I was expecting that the significant water might have some kind of 'holy water' effect, like we saw a few episodes ago when the charm worked like a cross.

Mind you, Natsuno was being incredibly stupid wandering around at night unarmed looking for his friend who's now one of the 'risen'...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:29   Link #900
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Mind you, Natsuno was being incredibly stupid wandering around at night unarmed looking for his friend who's now one of the 'risen'...
He's in complete shock, so it's understandable that he's forgotten about everything and is focused just on Tooru.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire