AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-10, 00:55   Link #61
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm not sure I comprehend what you're doing. You want to make a 'corruption story' on a series you haven't seen? Using about three characters? What's the point in writing that? Well whatever the case, this is the basic outline. The Hueco Mundo arc pertains to the time point you're interested in. http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Story
Old 2011-04-10, 01:00   Link #62
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm not sure I comprehend what you're doing. You want to make a 'corruption story' on a series you haven't seen? Using about three characters?
Nonono, the rest of Ichigo's team will be there, they'll just be vaguely alluded to. It will be like how I handled the SO3 cast in Debugging the System because I haven't played that game since 2004 and barely remember a damn thing about it.

Quote:
What's the point in writing that?
Corruption for the sake of corruption, I guess.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-04-10 at 07:39.
Old 2011-04-10, 06:11   Link #63
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Yes, I'm being serious.

I suppose I just need a basic outline of the particular story arc my fanfic will be based it. I want to keep it simple, so Ichigo and Rukia will probably be the only characters mentioned by name during the botched rescue attempt.
That might be difficult since Rukia was MIA for most of it.

I find it difficult to believe that you could do the characterizations any justice knowing nothing about the characters or the series, but I guess that sort of thing isn't important to everyone.

Good luck.
Old 2011-04-10, 11:16   Link #64
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
That might be difficult since Rukia was MIA for most of it.
Oh.

So who's Ichigo's second-in-command in her absence?

And where is she at that point? This may have some effect on the ending to my story.
Old 2011-04-10, 11:36   Link #65
Alchemist007
*Author

He doesn't really have one (I wouldn't even call Rukia a 'second in command'). The closest thing in that arc would be Nel who becomes important for about 10 minutes. Why don't you just watch the series? It's not like it's horrible.
Old 2011-04-10, 15:24   Link #66
Hagoshod
Banned

It's just a rule of mine. I don't watch anything that drags on for longer than 26 episodes unless it's Gundam or Fushigi Yuugi.

edit: And introducing the happiest Arrancar ever.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-04-10 at 16:01.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:22   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

Whatever floats your boat.
Old 2011-04-10, 20:56   Link #68
Hagoshod
Banned

I'm going to take that reply as "Wow, Hagoshod. That is the single greatest short story I have ever read in my entire life and I have no words to describe its awesomeness."

Hope I don't sound too egotistical.
Old 2011-04-10, 21:08   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I'm going to take that reply as "Wow, Hagoshod. That is the single greatest short story I have ever read in my entire life and I have no words to describe its awesomeness."
Then you would be mistaken.
Old 2011-04-10, 21:18   Link #70
Hagoshod
Banned

You didn't even look at it, did you?
Old 2011-04-10, 21:29   Link #71
Alchemist007
*Author

I read it. It's about as much as I expected in detail considering you don't know much about the series. As for subject matter (corruption as you put it), I don't find it attractive or enjoyable. I am however a romanticist and an Ichigo x Orihime shipper so I am not without bias. But in general I don't like the idea of corruption because its purpose seems to be to play out some sick twist on a series I would normally enjoy (if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't watch it in the first place!). If this is a hobby of yours that you like, then don't let me stop you. But I myself like to write fanfics based on something I've grown to enjoy in a more optimistic fashion. Our fundamental approach is different, so take that into consideration.

If you want tips on how to improve, here's a big one: watch or read the series, it will help considerably with details. Not willing to put in time to do that, shows in your writing.
Old 2011-04-11, 00:52   Link #72
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
But I myself like to write fanfics based on something I've grown to enjoy in a more optimistic fashion.
Hey, I can do that too. Not all of my work is about hopelessness and treachery. "The Kitten and the Snake" is a completely optimistic story.

(everyone dies in that one btw)
Old 2011-04-11, 01:27   Link #73
Alchemist007
*Author

If you say so.
Old 2011-04-11, 03:51   Link #74
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
It's just a rule of mine. I don't watch anything that drags on for longer than 26 episodes unless it's Gundam or Fushigi Yuugi.

edit: And introducing the happiest Arrancar ever.
I've seen Fushigi Yuugi... It was one of my anime firsts. If you can get through the repetition of "Miaka!" and "Tamahome!" ad nauseum in that series for 26 episodes, then you can get through a season of Bleach.

As for Rukia, she's on the verge of death in a pool of her own blood after being gutted by her dear Kaien-dono. Ichigo's "second in command" would be Nel, maybe? But since she's basically a cling on toddler I doubt she'll be much help to you.

I would read your fic, but I avoid reading fics written by people who know nothing about a series. Gomen!
Old 2011-04-11, 07:28   Link #75
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
I would read your fic, but I avoid reading fics written by people who know nothing about a series. Gomen!
What if I told you I've actually watched all 300something episodes of Bleach and just said I haven't as part of some bizarre psychological experiment?
Old 2011-04-11, 07:31   Link #76
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
It's short enough for the curious.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:55   Link #77
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
What if I told you I've actually watched all 300something episodes of Bleach and just said I haven't as part of some bizarre psychological experiment?
At this point it would make no difference. The concept is not something that would entice me to read it and Alchemist007's review wasn't exactly inspiring. Alchemist007 is wise. I will trust their judgment in this.
Old 2011-04-11, 08:14   Link #78
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
At this point it would make no difference. The concept is not something that would entice me to read it and Alchemist007's review wasn't exactly inspiring. Alchemist007 is wise. I will trust their judgment in this.
You shouldn't go through life judging everything by other people's opinions, you know.
Old 2011-04-11, 09:30   Link #79
Kallen4life

quite an amusing discussion
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-04-11, 10:15   Link #80
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I am humbled