AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 23:37   Link #1141
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Given Lynette's seiyuu has already gotten married, I'm guessing the staff is willing to recast someone new to replace her. Just for that, I now have no interest in watching the movie at all.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 00:29   Link #1142
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
Given Lynette's seiyuu has already gotten married, I'm guessing the staff is willing to recast someone new to replace her. Just for that, I now have no interest in watching the movie at all.

According to Nazuka Kaori-san's blog, she's still been active with Strike Witches. ADR stuff is done in the early production phase anyway. She's also been busy dubbing over foreign dramas.

Lately though, she's been pumping Strike Witches Ticket Information. This has been going on for the past few months now.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 00:31   Link #1143
Midonin
Last Engage

I've... never heard of marriage being a cause to quit voice work before.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 00:44   Link #1144
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I've... never heard of marriage being a cause to quit voice work before.

Work usually slows down once the seiyuu starts settling down even more like pregnancy. Which is what eventually happened to Chiba Saeko. Seiyuu agencies usually prefer them single and some of the time they sign contracts that prevent them from getting into relationships since they think it will "interfere" with their career (promotional events, etc.) However, an agency won't kick married seiyuu out to the curb. There are plenty of married Seiyuu still signed on to their agencies.

However in Nazuki's case, she's actually a freelance Seiyuu (there's actually quite a few of them). And this is actually a good thing since it means that she doesn't have some silly clause or policy to follow.

According to her stats Nazuki-san turned 26 in April and she got married in February so she probably attempted to do what us typical asians do LOL...looks like she made just in time for the "Christmas Cake" phase.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:24   Link #1145
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How many of you enjoy ogitsune(ankakecya-han) doujins/fanart of strike witches?

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...kakecya-han%29
Old 2011-11-22, 11:55   Link #1146
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

I really don't care about the seiyuu change as long as the replacement does a good job. The transition from Saeko Chiba to Saori Seto was practically not noticeable.

Although somehow I hope the fanbase (at least from Japan) won't be as nutcase as some of those in K-ON or Haruhi.. It's really a painful to see pictures of destroyed character goods just because some of them found out the seiyuu for those titles already have a boyfriend and stuff like that...

Unless, they're trolling, an expensive form of trolling.. LOL

Regarding Ogitsune's, I do like his doujins specially the 1991 Gulf Neuroi stuff. Although he/she could use improvement on the anatomy/proportion side. Some of them (especially the earlier ones) looked like them have very short spinal columns.. But hey I also suck at drawing so yeah.. ignore ^^

Although some people disliked Ogitsune's works. It was pretty apparent in some imageboard that I was looking at.

Who knows this illustrator would somehow catch Humikane's attention and let him/her do some sort of semi-canon doujin like what Takeshi Nogami does...

Last edited by pauldy; 2011-11-22 at 21:43.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 13:27   Link #1147
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
I really don't care about the seiyuu change as long as the replacement does a good job. The transition from Saeko Chiba to Saori Seto was practically not noticeable.

Although somehow I hope the fanbase (at least from Japan) won't be as nutcase as some of those in K-ON or Haruhi.. It's really a painful to see pictures of destroyed character goods just because some of they found out the seiyuu for those titles already have a boyfriend and stuff like that...

Unless, they're trolling, an expensive form of trolling.. LOL

Regarding Ogitsune's, I do like his doujins specially the 1991 Gulf Neuroi stuff. Although he/she could use improvement on the anatomy/proportion side. Some of them (especially the earlier ones) looked like they have very short spinal columns.. But hey I also suck at drawing so yeah.. ignore ^^

Although some people disliked Ogitsune's works. It was pretty apparent in some imageboard that I was looking at.

Who knows this illustrator would somehow catch Humikane's attention and let him/her do some sort of semi-canon doujin like what Takeshi Nogami does...
Wait. You mean Ogitsune had the blessing of the original creator? That's great!
Old 2011-11-22, 21:42   Link #1148
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Wait. You mean Ogitsune had the blessing of the original creator? That's great!
No, not yet.. ^^
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:37   Link #1149
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Something I've noticed as SW2 aired, that there was a lack of discussion regarding the second season compared to season 1. Though the way it turned out, I can't say I'm all that surprised, especially after reading this...

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2010...ike-witches-2/

Almost sums up my opinion about SW2.
Old 2011-11-25, 00:13   Link #1150
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

question about the movie..

is miyafuji in it?

The most crap thing about sw2 miyafuji loses all her powers just by using that sword once, while that other girl used it for out the entire s2
Old 2011-11-25, 16:18   Link #1151
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
question about the movie..

is miyafuji in it?

The most crap thing about sw2 miyafuji loses all her powers just by using that sword once, while that other girl used it for out the entire s2
Judging by the posters and whatnot, yeah, I think Miyafuji will be returning for the movie. She is the star of the 501st JFW series. And I definitely agree with you on that. That more than anything else killed the series because Sakamoto stole it.
Old 2011-11-30, 01:47   Link #1152
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Strike Witches 2 Box to Include English Dub/Sub in Japan
Old 2011-11-30, 23:20   Link #1153
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

How can the dubs be out in japan before the US and who going to spend all most 500 bucks to get it
Old 2011-11-30, 23:46   Link #1154
RJ TAYLER

Ex-pats with a bottomless wallet perhaps?
Old 2011-12-02, 19:39   Link #1155
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
How can the dubs be out in japan before the US and who going to spend all most 500 bucks to get it
They want to learn English.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 02:10   Link #1156
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This sort of amuses me, being that the R1 releases haven't come out yet. Perhaps, the cast had just finished the dubbed version and have contributed it to not only the to-be-release Funimation version but to the Japanese BDs as well. But, then again, this is Funimation we're talking about. Granted, I'm big a fan of the series, that I spent about $60 on the complete first season. But given the way this second series went, I'm not going to bother spending a dime for such a half-ass second season (if you could even call it that.) Emo Sakamoto isn't worth it.

Let's hope the movie becomes so good to the point where we could forget SW2 ever happened.
Old 2011-12-12, 20:48   Link #1157
einhorn303

Quote:
Funimation: Alright, we've finished the dub. And we want to release the show on Blu-ray, too.
Kadokawa: That's funny. We're just about to release our BD box. So, you're gonna have to wait until after it's released, because we're afraid of reverse importation.

I am tempted to buy the JP BD box, but with my current financial situation I really can't afford it. I hope the US BD doesn't take too long to get Japanese permission, though. I can't wait to rewatch the show.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 03:47   Link #1158
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I found this at Strike Witches wikia. It's the timeline of the Strike Witches universe.
Old 2011-12-29, 23:04   Link #1159
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Haazaa Strike Witches 2 may have a release date feb 21

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Witches...4349128&sr=8-3
Old 2012-01-15, 13:22   Link #1160
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I manage to get Vol 1 to 3 of the Witches of the Sphinx doujins. And i most say, i'm enjoying these doujins very much. Now to find the 1943 photo book, the Witches of Africa Comic Collection and volume 4 of the Sphinx doujin.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume