AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 00:05   Link #381
commando

so I just finished the anime series, loved it, what are the chances of another season? Nevertheless I am interested in the light novel, where did the anime left off?

also, I still feel a little confused about the ending of season 2. Can someone direct me to a detailed plot summary of the anime series?
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 17:13   Link #382
jte742

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
so I just finished the anime series, loved it, what are the chances of another season? Nevertheless I am interested in the light novel, where did the anime left off?

also, I still feel a little confused about the ending of season 2. Can someone direct me to a detailed plot summary of the anime series?
The first season of the anime covers volumes 1 and 2 of the novels (I think episode 7 is one of the side stories from volume 7). The second season covers volumes 3 and 5, with episode 0 being a side story from volume 7 as well.

So, out of the novels translated into English so far, volumes 4 and 6 will be new to you if you've only seen the anime.

As for a third season, I wouldn't get my hopes up, though anything is possible.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 23:32   Link #383
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
The first season of the anime covers volumes 1 and 2 of the novels (I think episode 7 is one of the side stories from volume 7). The second season covers volumes 3 and 5, with episode 0 being a side story from volume 7 as well.

So, out of the novels translated into English so far, volumes 4 and 6 will be new to you if you've only seen the anime.

As for a third season, I wouldn't get my hopes up, though anything is possible.
has the novel ended?
Old 2012-08-06, 23:59   Link #384
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
has the novel ended?

Yes, there are 17 light novels in total, 6 of which released. All of the volumes will be translated by Yen Press as they license and release them, this much is assured as they've licensed up to Volume 9.
Old 2012-08-07, 07:23   Link #385
commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes260 View Post
Yes, there are 17 light novels in total, 6 of which released. All of the volumes will be translated by Yen Press as they license and release them, this much is assured as they've licensed up to Volume 9.
dang that's a lot...

thanks
Old 2013-01-05, 02:11   Link #386
Koyomi

well i have bought 3 of the mangas 5-7 i still need 1-4 and im wondering where this is compared to the anime its kinda the same question form the above guy expect the manga version and i cant figure it out
Koyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 02:39   Link #387
jte742

The first season (excluding episode 7) corresponds to manga volumes 1-6. The last chapter of volume 6 corresponds to "episode 0" of the second season. The rest of the second season has not been covered in the manga so far, and volume 7 is an adaptation of the fourth novel, which the anime skipped.
Old 2013-01-05, 15:43   Link #388
Koyomi

Quote:
The first season (excluding episode 7) corresponds to manga volumes 1-6. The last chapter of volume 6 corresponds to "episode 0" of the second season. The rest of the second season has not been covered in the manga so far, and volume 7 is an adaptation of the fourth novel, which the anime skipped.
Ok Thank you very much
Koyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:45   Link #389
Kraim

and the 8th manga(currently JP only) finishes the story of the 4th LN and then jumps to the part where the 2nd season ended. it also shows elements from the 2nd anime season in it but i wont spoiler too much. theyre not strictly following the LN.
Kraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 16:09   Link #390
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraim View Post
and the 8th manga(currently JP only) finishes the story of the 4th LN and then jumps to the part where the 2nd season ended. it also shows elements from the 2nd anime season in it but i wont spoiler too much. theyre not strictly following the LN.
I'm actually glad to hear that -- manga adaptations would take "forever" if they drew everything that happens in a light novel. That's why they're called 'adaptations'.
Old 2013-01-08, 17:48   Link #391
X207
Gamyūsa

That's a good deal of novels. I have all released so far in english. The summary of the most recent translated one had me worried the series was coming to an end. Knowing there's ten more is good news.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 12:19   Link #392
Scarlet

I'm thinking about getting the manga instead of the light novels. Does each volume of the manga cover one novel? Also is the manga still ongoing in Japan?
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 13:32   Link #393
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I'm thinking about getting the manga instead of the light novels. Does each volume of the manga cover one novel? Also is the manga still ongoing in Japan?
No, the manga would have to be several times thicker to actually cover the contents of one novel. However, the manga does a pretty good job of doing what it does best (provide nice art to tell the story in another way).

The manga is still ongoing in Japan.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:20   Link #394
X207
Gamyūsa

how do the manga and novel compare storywise? where is the point that the manga story would coincide with the light novels? i do find the novel easier to go with than the manga. i tend to read the manga rather fast and dont focus so much on the art and focus more on the dialogue. i can easily notice that bc i noticed that habit while i read the R+V se2 manga.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:29   Link #395
jte742

The first six manga volumes are pretty faithful to the novels - of course there are a few changes here and there but the dialogue and story are very similar.

The seventh manga is more different from the corresponding novel, because it is told mostly from the perspective of Elsa (one of the other characters) instead of Lawrence, so more of the main duo's interactions occur "off-camera". Many of the main events are the same though, and it is still a great read (and I always enjoy alternate perspectives).
Old 2013-01-12, 23:17   Link #396
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
The first six manga volumes are pretty faithful to the novels - of course there are a few changes here and there but the dialogue and story are very similar.

The seventh manga is more different from the corresponding novel, because it is told mostly from the perspective of Elsa (one of the other characters) instead of Lawrence, so more of the main duo's interactions occur "off-camera". Many of the main events are the same though, and it is still a great read (and I always enjoy alternate perspectives).
ty very much Jte. i knew the manga had some differences though i didnt expect them too be too different. i dont mind seeing someone else's POV but i never was too good in economics so the first player pov helps me follow the story better. i didnt much like my macro economics class but this manga/novel is an big exception.
Old 2013-08-24, 05:39   Link #397
xnub

Strange question but when holo say's "tabak" what does it really translate into to ?

Ive seen it translated as fool, idiot, you idiot etc, but i always thought that was just "baka".

If you want a example go to last episode in season 2 at around 21:30.
xnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 09:15   Link #398
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I think the word you are looking for is "tawake"... it conveys someone as an idiot or fool or an act as being foolish or silly
Old 2013-08-24, 09:37   Link #399
xnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I think the word you are looking for is "tawake"... it conveys someone as an idiot or fool or an act as being foolish or silly
with that i found this thread : P

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=233881

TY very much don't know why i though it was "tabake" hehe
xnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 15:54   Link #400
Darkshadowrogue
Pyromaniac

Hey, so, it's 2015, the tenth of February, and, no Spice and Wolf Season 3.
Are you guys still here, and, have you given up?
Darkshadowrogue is offline   Reply With Quote