AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 17:47   Link #181
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

By judging for the polls results , it seems that its another Endless episode XD so its direct a 1/10
Old 2009-07-30, 17:48   Link #182
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, they have every right.

Their reputation will just suffer, is all.
They can make what they want to make. I won't buy it. And hopefully dozens of thousands of others will follow suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
By judging for the polls results , it seems that its another Endless episode XD so its direct a 1/10
Well done sir. That's pretty much what I did as well Didn't even have to watch the episode - a quickie 1/10
Old 2009-07-30, 17:51   Link #183
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Well done sir. That's pretty much what I did as well Didn't even have to watch the episode - a quickie 1/10
See, this sort of thing is sort of like hypocrisy, but not exactly... what would you call it?
Old 2009-07-30, 17:53   Link #184
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Voting without watching defeats the purpose of voting.

It was average. The art quality was as good as the original run of the series and there was some nice fanservice plus at least one good background joke thrown in. If they did more I'd half expect KyoAni to be trying to pull a SHAFT on us. But other than that and a few interesting effects, the rest of it was rather dull.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:58   Link #185
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If the DVDs for this season sell downright terribly... then this anime, and possibly the Haruhi franchise as a whole, is dead.
This reasoning is weird.

I mean, the backlash about E8 is already famous, even among the producer themselves. They chose to ignore it (or at least to stick to their schedule despite it), but they know it isn't popular.
If the DVD sell terrible, the reason would be pretty obvious : E8.

I don't why they would shut down one of their best-selling franchise just because a KNOWN idiocy have made a particular season's sales plummet.

The obvious deduction would be : E8 was a flop, let's not try to troll people in the future.
Because if it sold well before, and sold bad with E8, they would certainly understand that the Haruhi franchise can still produce money... Only not with idiotic ideas.
As such, disastrous DVD sales could be a GOOD thing for the franchise, by making them understand "quality pay, trolling doesn't". And as such, I hope for a total, complete, utter disaster for the E8 sales. If only to bring justice on the heathens

Of course, you have to be an idiot beyond all reason to even think about producing eight time the same episode, and even more idiotic to actually do it, so counting on them not being total imbeciles is perhaps a flaw in my reasoning, but well...
Old 2009-07-30, 18:00   Link #186
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

It was average. The art quality was as good as the original run of the series and there was some nice fanservice plus at least one good background joke thrown in. If they did more I'd half expect KyoAni to be trying to pull a SHAFT on us. But other than that and a few interesting effects, the rest of it was rather dull.
Was there any new plot development/content? No? Then that is enough to warrant a 1/10 vote. Although I do wish there's a 0/10.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:02   Link #187
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

The thing is, they might not care if the Endless Eight DVDs don't sell. BLR gets its own DVD and that will probably sell well. If Sigh does take up the last 5 episodes or whatever, those will probably sell. And heck, maybe the last Endless Eight DVD will sell just so people can watch the last loop and forget about the rest. Anyway, they probably figure that the ones that do sell will still bring in a profit, and if the other Endless Eight DVDs sell some, too, then that's a bonus.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:08   Link #188
Akka

Quote:
Seriously, fans, if you have any common sense, do not buy the Endless Eight DVDs when they come out (R1, R2, whatever region of DVDs you buy).
Honestly, I was shocked to learn that there was DVD sold with a SINGLE ep on them.

My common sense would dictate to never buy a DVD with less than at least four ep on it. So I guess that common sense has already lost the battle a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
The thing is, they might not care if the Endless Eight DVDs don't sell.
Nobody in the industry ever NOT care about his goods sellings. You're kidding yourself here. The VERY POINT of selling something is to... well, sell it ?
Even if BLR and Sigh sell well, they will lose money (or at least lose a profit) if E8 doesn't.

Of course they might not care a lot, but you don't shrug and don't care about bad sales in the industry. Not if you actually survived in the industry past the first year, though
Old 2009-07-30, 18:09   Link #189
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
the last week is the only thing left for us.

If endless 8 hasn't ended for the VIII time....

all the otakus will charge and smash KyoAni like what Minoru did to Lucky Channel XD
Old 2009-07-30, 18:12   Link #190
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Of course, you have to be an idiot beyond all reason to even think about producing eight time the same episode, and even more idiotic to actually do it, so counting on them not being total imbeciles is perhaps a flaw in my reasoning, but well...
Exactly. They're complete fucking morons.

I wonder if they even realize how stupid they are.

Quote:
Was there any new plot development/content? No? Then that is enough to warrant a 1/10 vote. Although I do wish there's a 0/10.
Again, the sorta-hypocrisy thing.

You should at least view before you vote. It's why I haven't been voting these last two episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Honestly, I was shocked to learn that there was DVD sold with a SINGLE ep on them.

My common sense would dictate to never buy a DVD with less than at least four ep on it. So I guess that common sense has already lost the battle a long time ago.
R1 DVDs will have 4 eps on each. Bandai knows that American otaku won't just buy anything.

In Japan, however...
Old 2009-07-30, 18:13   Link #191
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Usually this is true, but I feel that epic trolls like this can be an exception.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:16   Link #192
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The way i see it, they can do whatever that want as long as they spend their own cash doing it.
And we in turn can complain about it as much as we want.

Everyone wins! Except for well, everyone, but at this point, who cares?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:20   Link #193
Jintor

It's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnneeeeeeee
beforrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 2009-07-30, 18:21   Link #194
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
As far as the Home Video Release is concenred ether two things are going to happen

1) Kadokawa gets a very rude awakening when the volumes don't sell.

2) Japan is confirmed to be a country of stupids who will eat whatever swill is shoved in their faces.

and by christ I do NOT want it to be #2.
Knowing the crowds who buy hundreds of copies of same single, 174 of the same figurine and 6 K701 just because Mio use one. It will probably be #2.

It all a matter of who is more fanatic, ^^ or:
Old 2009-07-30, 18:22   Link #195
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
It's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been
This is why we need to change the discussion to the only noteworthy new thing about the episode: the closeup of Haruhi's butt.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:23   Link #196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
It's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been done
woo-hoo-hoo-hoooo
it's all been
At least you have new material, huh?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:23   Link #197
yeahreally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You better hope it's not. Because it says that Endless Eight will run for 12 episodes
Well if they did do 12 episodes of Endless Eight, the arc wouldn't end until the end of August. Which makes a certain twisted kind of sense.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:29   Link #198
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahreally View Post
Well if they did do 12 episodes of Endless Eight, the arc wouldn't end until the end of August. Which makes a certain twisted kind of sense.
The same kind of sense that motivates idiots to do stupid things, no doubt.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:45   Link #199
marcosv

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Odds of that being the real answer are as high as the possibility of the next loop being a To Love Ru crossover, I'd say. No, these things had to be animated with months of anticipation. It's not as easy as you are proposing.
It could be do-able if they deliver a bunch of never ending episodes and the conclusion and was able to direct the stations to jump to the conclusion episode the day before the air date...

Highly unlikely like you're saying, but, at this point, I *wish* it was true. Then that would mean that there was purpose to our suffering.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:46   Link #200
Jintor

Accept that we suffer because a bunch of suits somewhere decided we should!
Closed Thread