AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-02, 03:08   Link #61
drsypher

I absolutely ADORE Isana especially in these last few chapters! Considering I've been supportive of Yumeji x Isana already, I just loved that hug scene at the end. Yumeji is seriously one of the coolest male MC's for this type of story (with Isana's dad being the coolest dad, of course). If this series is going to have Yumeji end up with someone, I really hope it's Isana even though I really like Merry too. I've always felt that Yumeji and Merry should just be bros since they work perfectly like that already.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:25   Link #62
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for 34:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 06:05   Link #63
Bordix

chapter almost gave me a hard attack. It's hard to root for one specific girl when the two are pretty much likable characters. So I guess I'll have to cheer both, which is pretty rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for 34:
Did found that a bit awkward. Oh well, more Engi and Yui screentime is always welcome.
Old 2011-04-07, 07:50   Link #64
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
chapter almost gave me a hard attack. It's hard to root for one specific girl when the two are pretty much likable characters. So I guess I'll have to cheer both, which is pretty rare.
Yeah, they're both great so I'm really fine with whoever wins in the end. I'm personally edging towards Isana though, as I feel she'll take it better if she didn't win in the end. But under regular circumstances, like if the rival is only Yui and Engi and whoever, I'll definitely support Merry more. Also, I got the feeling that the mysterious relation between Yumeji and Merry that Isana is feeling is going to play a huge part too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for 34:
I think the next arc will focus on Yui a bit more, possibly with her friend Nao as well. Let's just see how it goes then.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:24   Link #65
Shadow5YA

Since nightmares are created by humans, perhaps Merry and Yumeji were part of the same dream. They could be two different sides to a dream Isana had as a child. That would be so sweet.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 11:56   Link #66
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I am sticking by Yumeji was Merry's vessel when they were younger...

I am personally leaning towards Isana IF Yumeji is really human than the only option is Isana I don't think a nightmare can have a relationship with a human and we must remember that Merry's original goal is to return which as the series goes Will probably happen at least in my opinion. I usually am biased towards the childhood friend... In most cases
Old 2011-04-07, 11:57   Link #67
drsypher

How many chapters is Yumekui Merry up to in the magazine? I'm curious now, seeing as we're caught up with the volumes.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:38   Link #68
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

... Good question I actually want to know too I'm assuming it would be somewhere in the 40 region... And definitely Isana for the win -_-
Old 2011-04-07, 15:39   Link #69
lightbringer
M9000

Haven't looked at the magazine but given that it's a monthly and volume 6 was released back in February, I'm assuming the magazine is currently around six to eight chapters ahead, which would place it in the early 40s.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 15:42   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I am sticking by Yumeji was Merry's vessel when they were younger...

I am personally leaning towards Isana IF Yumeji is really human than the only option is Isana I don't think a nightmare can have a relationship with a human and we must remember that Merry's original goal is to return which as the series goes Will probably happen at least in my opinion. I usually am biased towards the childhood friend... In most cases
I don't see why someone can't have a relationship with a dream, especially in Merry/Yumeji's case. It definitely would be a problem for normal nightmares, but at least Merry has her own body. If a nightmare like Merry can get her own body, then it's possible that others can as well.

Considering the scene at the very beginning of the series where we see a younger Yumeji and Merry running towards the gate, the two could be childhood companions from the same dream and went to the real world to see something or someone.
Old 2011-04-07, 15:54   Link #71
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
How many chapters is Yumekui Merry up to in the magazine? I'm curious now, seeing as we're caught up with the volumes.
Latest chapter was REM36.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 20:31   Link #72
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oh wow, and that was 34, is it a monthly manga then?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 23:44   Link #73
drsypher

Yeah, it's unfortunately monthly.
Old 2011-04-08, 00:33   Link #74
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't see why someone can't have a relationship with a dream, especially in Merry/Yumeji's case. It definitely would be a problem for normal nightmares, but at least Merry has her own body. If a nightmare like Merry can get her own body, then it's possible that others can as well.

Considering the scene at the very beginning of the series where we see a younger Yumeji and Merry running towards the gate, the two could be childhood companions from the same dream and went to the real world to see something or someone.
Yumeji always had the affinity with dreams and I think that Yumeji is kind of like the gate to the dream world... Having the ability to enter others dreams, is kind of like him creating a gate into the other persons dream world he even forcefully opened a gate for John doe to enter the other nightmares dream so yeah.. I don't think the author going for nightmare and human relationship at least until he establishes what Yumeji is...

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2011-04-08 at 09:42.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:59   Link #75
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I started reading the manga just now and liking it a lot.

Completely makes up for that...ugh...horrible anime ending I saw today.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 11:29   Link #76
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I just noticed that in the opening it is shown that Yumeji has the scar on his hand meaning that he already Met Isana at the playground with him saving her from the fall, notice that Merry does not have the scar... In my oppinion I think that Yumeji meets Merry in that dream, the grey area is why Merry can grow up, Mightmare's can't grow up unless some part of her is human hence why she can exist in the human world without a vessel, every thing from here is just guess work

It has been established that she is the gate keeper, I'm willing to bet that perhaps Yumeji and Merry are siblings who are born from a perhaps a human and nightmare, probably the nightmare being the previous gatekeeper so when Pharos entered the real world he proably killed the gatekeeper in essense passing the torch to Merry who inherited half the skills with the other half going to Yumeji. Thats just what I think and even I doubt myself.
Old 2011-04-13, 08:25   Link #77
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I just noticed that in the opening it is shown that Yumeji has the scar on his hand meaning that he already Met Isana at the playground with him saving her from the fall, notice that Merry does not have the scar... In my oppinion I think that Yumeji meets Merry in that dream, the grey area is why Merry can grow up, Mightmare's can't grow up unless some part of her is human hence why she can exist in the human world without a vessel, every thing from here is just guess work

It has been established that she is the gate keeper, I'm willing to bet that perhaps Yumeji and Merry are siblings who are born from a perhaps a human and nightmare, probably the nightmare being the previous gatekeeper so when Pharos entered the real world he proably killed the gatekeeper in essense passing the torch to Merry who inherited half the skills with the other half going to Yumeji. Thats just what I think and even I doubt myself.
Maybe there's a different kind of vessel possession.

Perhaps Yumeji gave up some of his humanity in exchange for Merry to become human enough to have her own body in the real world. They did something together. The fact that both of their earlier memories are hazy at best can't be just a coincidence. Also, the fact that both of their personalities are similar can't be a coincidence either. For Merry who repeatedly says "I have no hopes or dreams," she may not initially have had a personality either. She may have been nearly catatonic and unemotional until Yumeji did something with her as a child and given her his personality.

Also, the fact that Merry received a powerup in the same battle Yumeji developed his Lucid Gadget against Landsborough and Noir can't be just a coincidence either. I don't believe that Yumeji is totally unrelated to Merry.
Old 2011-04-22, 05:29   Link #78
elvibez

This is currently my favourite manga, too bad it's a monthly one. Really appreciate DKThias for scanlating this.

By the way, any thoughts one chapter 35? I thought it was pretty nice, probably because I LOVE Yui.
elvibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 09:57   Link #79
MAR Phantom

Btw,there's a 4-koma Anthology manga of this out,it 's funny.
MAR Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 10:09   Link #80
Shadow5YA

I don't think it's by the mangaka himself, since I see the name of who made it at the beginning of each chapter.

But yeah, it's pretty funny. "Suddenly, donuts aren't so tasty"

Tags
action, supernatural