AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 05:09   Link #38741
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The weapon creation is probably a mutation of Tabane's initial design of the Fold-out Armor. That or Izuru is really using the shonen pull super powers out of nowhere trope where the new weapon is just literally pulled out of nowhere.

New weapons are only indicative of 2 things as far as canon was concerned, manual upagrades or shifts.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:25   Link #38742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well she described that Akatsubaki can do anything, she 'forgot' to tell Houki how energy consuming it is, AND how Houki already have a solution for that...

Tabane always 2-3 step ahead of everyone else...
Old 2012-12-18, 05:29   Link #38743
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
That or Izuru is really using the shonen pull super powers out of nowhere trope where the new weapon is just literally pulled out of nowhere.
And when no one knows where it comes from, it's always assumed to be from the ass. Hence the term "Asspull".

Anyways, Athena's tech desc:

Spoiler for Athena:
Old 2012-12-18, 05:41   Link #38744
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The weapons are still weapons. Take a few notes from dead space for improvised weapons from sci-fi engineering tools.

propositions:
-Meteor break drills
-cutting lasers
-sub-unit arms with built in high intensity welding torches

Mostly along those lines. Not necessary but with the current lay out of the Athena, one cannot really call it an IS built for space exploration, you're expecting combat after all.

EDIT: and remote units are never humble weapons. Trust me, I thought Qubeley wasn't much for a final boss machine but it practically steam rolled everyone with little more than a saber and 8 bits. At least that's what I read in multiple pages of wikia.
Old 2012-12-18, 05:48   Link #38745
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But... if it's for extended space exploration.... what about pilot support? accommodation? living supplies?

(Do note same problem present on Calion, the reason it's successor Vegalion become so XBOXHUEG is not only heavy armament)

Then again, Athena is supposed top be self-operating so....

EDIT: also, the remote units might also function as attack reflector. One hell of a defense system that is (non-ferromagnetic I.S. grade projectile will crush it soundly though)
Old 2012-12-18, 05:53   Link #38746
Eratas123

What's up everyone? Anything new?
Old 2012-12-18, 05:54   Link #38747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Stratos' new unit
Old 2012-12-18, 05:58   Link #38748
Eratas123

Just updating my archive. Hope to finish before the world supposedly ends on friday or some other such nonesense.
Old 2012-12-18, 06:05   Link #38749
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When the world ends... I will probably still be laughing.
Old 2012-12-18, 06:12   Link #38750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

bullshit to the core
Old 2012-12-18, 06:22   Link #38751
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I hereby officially cancel the apocalypse!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 06:25   Link #38752
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
The weapons are still weapons. Take a few notes from dead space for improvised weapons from sci-fi engineering tools.

propositions:
-Meteor break drills
-cutting lasers
-sub-unit arms with built in high intensity welding torches

Mostly along those lines. Not necessary but with the current lay out of the Athena, one cannot really call it an IS built for space exploration, you're expecting combat after all.

EDIT: and remote units are never humble weapons. Trust me, I thought Qubeley wasn't much for a final boss machine but it practically steam rolled everyone with little more than a saber and 8 bits. At least that's what I read in multiple pages of wikia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But... if it's for extended space exploration.... what about pilot support? accommodation? living supplies?

(Do note same problem present on Calion, the reason it's successor Vegalion become so XBOXHUEG is not only heavy armament)

Then again, Athena is supposed top be self-operating so....

EDIT: also, the remote units might also function as attack reflector. One hell of a defense system that is (non-ferromagnetic I.S. grade projectile will crush it soundly though)
Least I got that off my chest. I do have other variations of equipments the Athena can be given.

Thanks though.
Old 2012-12-18, 07:50   Link #38753
Eratas123

The world won't end yet. If fate has any sense of dark humor, it'd realize that ending the world seems pretty merciful in hindsight.

That and NASA disproved it already.

Anyway, I have a question Senpai: Need to change the clothes Irish wears when fighting. While the skull suit still looks like an MGS rip-off, he wears something on top of it to not garner attention. Any suggestions?
Old 2012-12-18, 07:52   Link #38754
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@wave: Really? I already took preparations. too... *drops bags labelled GUST, Nippon Ichi and other* Oh crud, this too *crow bar and lock pick tools are dropped*
Old 2012-12-18, 07:58   Link #38755
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

End of the world, heh. Mayans just ran outta papers to print a new calendar...

Jokes aside, most of these guys do make ideal inspirations for armor designs in for me fanfic. I could only wish I could describe or even draw like that..
Old 2012-12-18, 07:59   Link #38756
Eratas123

Quote:
@wave: Really? I already took preparations. too... *drops bags labelled GUST, Nippon Ichi and other* Oh crud, this too *crow bar and lock pick tools are dropped*
The world won't end. There's been three "prophecies" this year alone, and during 1994, all of which are bunk spread by overtly superstitious people with no life or scam artists who trick people into giving them their stuff.
Old 2012-12-18, 08:00   Link #38757
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I always did love the knights in digimon. The armored digimon are just so awesome that *drools*
Old 2012-12-18, 08:01   Link #38758
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The world won't end yet. If fate has any sense of dark humor, it'd realize that ending the world seems pretty merciful in hindsight.

That and NASA disproved it already.

Anyway, I have a question Senpai: Need to change the clothes Irish wears when fighting. While the skull suit still looks like an MGS rip-off, he wears something on top of it to not garner attention. Any suggestions?
Baggy sweater jacket + pants, cap or wool hat optional

Like the right one

Quote:
Ah, I shouldn't have killed that guy and burn his loli rape doujin collection for menial things like protection bunker...

Quote:
I always did love the knights in digimon. The armored digimon are just so awesome that *drools*
I'm a fan of metalic dragon line instead (Metal Greymon, Dark Tyrannomon etc)
Old 2012-12-18, 08:05   Link #38759
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Is loose clothing really a good idea when fighting in full contact?
Old 2012-12-18, 08:06   Link #38760
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh yeah, opinion please.

Dan in Cake eater is supposed to be the *pervert but I'm using that loosely and he's relatively so compared to more or less jaded Ichika. He's also good with his fingers.

I mean he's good in videogames and guitar, I swear I didn't mean anything inappropriate. :O

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest