AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 19:09   Link #261
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its really only the colour sets and scarves you cant buy (or the sentinel stuff) without platinum, the alternate helmets for each frame usually turn up in alerts fairly regularly, as for catalysts and reactors they do pop up now and then but not really that often outside of events.

That said in my opinion the original colour set should be free and entirely unlocked from the off set, its a little cheap to only give you a little snippet of such a simple colour palette.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 00:41   Link #262
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, the color palette is particularly grating. Excalibur is bland enough on its own. It's a shame they discontinued Excalibur Prime, it was one of the few designs I was semi-okay with.
Old 2013-12-15, 09:35   Link #263
KBTKaiser

Most people seem to abhor the Excal Prime default helmet though.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 14:24   Link #264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I prefer it over the default Excalibur and the Avalon helmets. Otherwise my only option is the Pendragon helmet, and I'd still have to combine it with the Immortal skin so the overall armor doesn't look so damn bland.
Old 2013-12-15, 21:06   Link #265
KBTKaiser

I dunno, the way the immortal skin's color bleeds into each other kinda turned me off. I liked the original skin's crisp-cut feel.
Old 2013-12-16, 18:26   Link #266
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The banshee's immortal skin is pretty boss, especially when tastefully colored.

I really like the banshee its a pretty fun frame to use, and the difficulty in acquiring all the parts mean you rarely seem them.

Also finally getting the gist of the 2.0 damage combo's (radiation/blast/viral and such) and have managed to pick up a few poison mods for my pistols which should be useful for those damn corpus.

Old 2013-12-16, 20:13   Link #267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm getting annoyed with some bosses in this game. Even the low-leveled ones like Vor and Alad V are outrageously overpowered, to the point they're causing total party wipes even if there's a full complement of players.
Old 2013-12-16, 22:32   Link #268
KBTKaiser

Vor you treat like a heavy grineer, headshots headshots headshots. Lots of puncture helps too.

Alad V you need a mainly Impact and Puncture, I think.

But yeah, multi-phase bosses? kind of a pain, not completely though.
Old 2013-12-17, 03:27   Link #269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It doesn't matter what kind of weapons we had. My brother has a Soma tweaked to hell and back so that it's nothing more than a constant stream of critical hits, and in a fully modded rank 30 Rhino or other hard-hitter Warframe, along with others with max-rank weaponry and Warframes. Even now I have a fully ranked Excalibur and Braton, and nearly maxed Dual Ethers.

And instead we get early, supposed-to-be-low-level bosses spawning at level 40 to 50 and utterly wrecking a full team of veterans (not counting me) on normal difficulties several times in a row.

So I call bullshit.
Old 2013-12-17, 05:09   Link #270
KBTKaiser

Sounds like someone screwed with the boss spawning algorithm. Might wanna fire off some official forum feedback or check if it's something else entirely.
Old 2013-12-17, 09:33   Link #271
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Does sound a bit strange, I could solo all the bosses up to Everest's without much trouble using Excalibur but that was way before they changed a lot of them and beforethe 2.0 damage update. Bringing a valkyr along on boss raids is a good choice now a days since she can revive during her hysteria (invincible) state.

My Nyx should be finished today ! need to go and find her power mods before she finishes.

Old 2013-12-18, 00:08   Link #272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Finally took down Alad V. Took my brother spamming a Penta for crowd control, and he still downed everyone at least once, one person (surprisingly, not me) got downed nearly half a dozen times. It was insane. Alad and Zanuka spawned at level 46.
Old 2013-12-18, 01:59   Link #273
KBTKaiser

wait, level 46!?

Okay, something has to be very very wrong with the system.

Since you weren't around, prior to the damage 2.0 update, the enemy scaling went up past 100.

level 100 enemies in damage 1.0 == level 40 on the damage 2.0 scale...so you were effectively fighting a level 120 boss...

Okay, now I'm curious, can you check the profiles of the people who ran with your and check their mastery rank? I'm wondering if it has to do with that.
Old 2013-12-18, 02:20   Link #274
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't know what the others were, but my brother's mastery rank was that of 8. My own is at 3.

EDIT: One of the other guys was rank 0. Can't check the 4th person, because his name started with "Rock" and my Recent Players list is in alphabetical order for whatever stupid reason... and only lets me scroll down to D.
Old 2013-12-18, 02:43   Link #275
KBTKaiser

Okay, something is very fucked up with the boss levels then...
Old 2013-12-18, 03:10   Link #276
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Captain Vor was doing the same thing, and the Elite Lancers he spawned during that fight were also level 30+, while the other enemies in that level were of normal levels. So yeah, like I said, there's definitely something wrong with the bosses lately, but it's not all of them--the Jackel I can stomp with ease.
Old 2013-12-18, 03:55   Link #277
KBTKaiser

checking around the forum, apparently the enemies scale up to conclave rating in the boss room or something...
https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...el-change-bug/
Old 2013-12-18, 20:37   Link #278
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I started warframe a few days ago and I'm gunning for getting a nyx. I heard that Phorid is no longer a constant post certain update, so where do I go to farm for her parts?
Old 2013-12-18, 21:49   Link #279
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My brother and I just did a Tower 3 Exterminate run together. Man, that was grueling. And we didn't even get the Dakra Prime Blade we wanted--that's all either of us need to build it (excluding the cells, which are easy enough for us to get).
Old 2013-12-18, 23:28   Link #280
KBTKaiser

Try for the 1% chance on Exterminate 2 instead. I got lucky and earned it that way.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja