AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 19:28   Link #1
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Akane Maniax game? Kiminozo Expansion?

I read from somewhere that there was an 'expansion pack' for Kiminozo, feature much more character development on Akane.

Just like to ask whether anyone who's more informed can give us Akane fans some insight on the nature of the game, and whether how it fits into the KGNE storyline

Note: Some pic that someone posted, and I borrowed the link.
(Credits to the person who uploaded the picture to his/her server.)

*EDIT: Just like to thank in advance those who will enlighten my ignorance. ^_^

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2003-12-10 at 22:43.
Old 2003-11-30, 20:05   Link #2
Key Board
Carbon

It takes place after Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Akane is the main character.

It tells how she gradually loosens up and lets go of her past.
Old 2003-11-30, 21:17   Link #3
IPv6
blastos.com

:droooool: at akane's picture :droooolll:
Old 2003-11-30, 22:10   Link #4
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
It takes place after Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Akane is the main character.

It tells how she gradually loosens up and lets go of her past.

OIC

So which ending does this 'sequel' assume in KGNE? Mitsuki's?

hmm... sounds cool...
Old 2003-11-30, 22:44   Link #5
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
OIC

So which ending does this 'sequel' assume in KGNE? Mitsuki's?

hmm... sounds cool...

It follows

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 22:57   Link #6
qksita

Send a message via ICQ to qksita
You can pretty much consider this a 'fans disk' which means it's for fun mainly. Akane is the only character from Kgne to appear in it. As I remember the story doesn't even mention any other names from Kgne. Other characters are from another game produced by Age also.
Old 2003-11-30, 23:01   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V from someone who asked a similar question:

age, the company that made the game, released "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" in 2001. This year, they released a new game called "MuvLuv," a story with the same setting of Hiragi-cho and Hakuryo Hiragi High School. In this game, though the settings are same, is a totally different story from KGNE. However, for those who have played KGNE, there are several characters that make cameo appearances - Suzumiya Akane and Fumiocchi (the taller, sexier nurse)

Now, the release of "MuvLuv" was given in 2002. Everyone wanted to know what kind of game it was going to be. However, age gave everyone a special treat...the filler-game "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden - Nagareboshi Densetsu Gohda, Akane Maniax" (KGNE extra, the legend of the shooting star Gohda, Akane Maniax." Very long title indeed, therefore, any mention of that special game will be referred to as "AM" from now on.

"AM" was released in 5 separate episodes as a bonus CD on the eroge- magazine "TechGian." Basically, it was a story about a transfer student named Gohda, (who is given a very stereotypical drawing of someone who is very annoying and sporty) who comes to Hakuryo Hiragi in the last semester before graduation (which is also pretty amusing, because in Japan, only idiots transfers schools at the end of the semester before graduation ^^ Well, Gohda falls in love with a character from KGNE - yep, Suzumiya Akane. However, Akane is still distraught from her ordeal that she went through (obvious). Will Gohda be able to get the girl of his dreams?

There is only one outcome (well several endings, but those are gags anyway) "AM" is like a post-episode of Akane while being a filler for age's next game "MuvLuv." Therefore, while the story revolves around Gohda and Akane, this game also introduces characters from "MuvLuv" as well (except for the afro wearing dude...he's just a gag character in this game alone).

Anyhow, due to "AM" being included in the bonus CD of "TechGian," that magazine sold like hotcakes (for those five months that "AM" included each episode ^^ age, then went further by releasing a special "AM" for the people in the age fanclub - "AM" with full voice.

As I mentioned in a different thread, age, for some reason has connections to large "in the light" seiyuus. "AM" reinforced that by shocking everyone that Gohda was played by Seki Tomokazu (a very prominent voice actor, recently played the role of Isaac in Gundam SEED) and the afro-dude by Ueda Yuuji (Keitaro of Love Hina).

To keep a long explanation short: "What is AM?" - the answer will be "A special fan CD distributed by age, that was meant to be part post-story for Akane, and part filler material btwn KGNE and MuvLuv." Good marketing tactic.
Old 2003-11-30, 23:05   Link #8
Key Board
Carbon

Gohda is obviously a parody of G-Gundam's Domon Kasshu

He looks AND talks like him.

And as Kj1980 mentioned, he's voiced by Seki Tomokazo, who also plays Domon in G-Gundam.
Old 2003-12-01, 00:16   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

There is also another fan disc called "Daikuuji Kiki-ippatsu" featuring...Daikuuji Ayu. Cameos from MuvLuv make an appearance, but the main story is....well it's a very funny and erotic parody of Saint Seiya ^^;
Old 2003-12-01, 11:41   Link #10
bluemist
i am the mist

So if KGNE deems successful, will we see an anime conversion of those other games?

Cause I wanna see more Akane!
Old 2003-12-01, 13:02   Link #11
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
After playing it through, Age's "MuvLuv" seems like it would be relatively easy to port over to an anime. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if they announced it. I think it would be quite suited for TV anime conversion.

I havn't played Akane Maniax, or the latest one, although a friend is getting me the latest issue of TechGian .

Doddler
Old 2003-12-01, 15:38   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
After playing it through, Age's "MuvLuv" seems like it would be relatively easy to port over to an anime. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if they announced it. I think it would be quite suited for TV anime conversion.

I havn't played Akane Maniax, or the latest one, although a friend is getting me the latest issue of TechGian .

Doddler
Have you started on the "unlimited episode" yet ? ^^;
Old 2003-12-01, 23:13   Link #13
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Have you started on the "unlimited episode" yet ? ^^;
I finished both meiya and sumika on the first scenerio, so I have access to unlimited, but have yet to play it. ^^;

Still, the first part was really good :P

Doddler
Old 2003-12-03, 00:24   Link #14
ZGMF-10A

i can't see the picture of akane..... link?
Old 2003-12-03, 00:32   Link #15
Thorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
i can't see the picture of akane..... link?
Here it goes
Old 2003-12-03, 00:41   Link #16
wao
OK.

Is that Gohda in the bg of htat picture? Looks like Takayuki.... I guess the character you play in such games always has his eyes hidden. By hair.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:57   Link #17
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Is that Gohda in the bg of htat picture? Looks like Takayuki.... I guess the character you play in such games always has his eyes hidden. By hair.
Exactly, that's like the tradition for AVG
Old 2003-12-03, 01:13   Link #18
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler

Doddler
Hmm...

It's an Age game alright (that blue haired girl looks almost exactly like Mitsuki with sharpened hair or something)... Looks generic but if they make an anime out of this I'll definitely watch it...

BTW from the character list for the game http://www.muvluv.com/Muvluv/characters.htm I guess Akane appears in MuvLuv too?
Old 2003-12-03, 01:28   Link #19
wao
OK.

The first two charactrs look almost exactly like Haruka and Mitsuki, just in a sharper style... I dunno the reading of the kanji for the mitsuki-like person, though the first two characters look like Mitsurugi (like the Mitsurugi from Hitenmitsurugi... from Kenshin.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sexy doctor and the green-haired nurse still seem to be there. I think it's the same green-haired nurse because her name was Manami, and that could be a reading for the 2 kanji at the back of her name...

EDIT: Ok, the names for the green haired nurse in MuvLuv and KGNE are different, though I might still be correct. I dunno..
And for the sexy doctor, the given name is different, but the character design is similar and so are the surnames I think.

It looks so boring though. :|

Last edited by wao; 2003-12-03 at 01:38.
Old 2003-12-03, 02:48   Link #20
footy

Ah, the pic posted of the Akane Maniax game looks similar to the one I posted on Keep's BB, LOL. Thanks for mirroring it, since the IT guys were asking about all the sudden hits. In any case, I took a close-up, you can indeed see Gohda's eyes.

Closed Thread