AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 12:13   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it's not really a contradictory point...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:15   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I see. It's more the fact that we all assumed (myself included) that Madara rebelled recently after Hashirama became the Hokage rather than several years later as is apparently the case.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:23   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh I see. It's more the fact that we all assumed (myself included) that Madara rebelled recently after Hashirama became the Hokage rather than several years later as is apparently the case.
I assumed that, and realistically it makes more sense. But, I guess Kishimoto has decided differently (which is why I said he massaged the timeline a little).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:51   Link #24
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

How old is Oonoki exactly?

Chapter reminded me of Yamato, Will he still have a part in the war?

Lol Sasuke is probably gonna be jealous that Itachi is hanging around with Naruto.
Old 2012-02-22, 13:54   Link #25
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Itachi spotted Sasuke, what will he do?
1) Protect Konoha - tell Sasuke (kill him if he goes nuts).
2) Kill Sasuke.
3) Stop Kabuto and ask Sasuke to wait for him there.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:30   Link #26
Ero-Senn1n

Madara simply left the village after the 1st hokage was chosen, when he left the statue of the 1st hokage was already on the mountain. But we all know that when he attacked the village he already had a plan and had Zetsu and/or Tobi with him. Here i'm assuming that he was not a scientist type that can sample Hashirama's genes and then store them and grow the cells, etc... and most importantly he can't just fake his death without any help, and then survive some very serious damage. Ninja make sure that the opponent is dead, and until now only Zetsu is able to make a perfect clone of a corpse that can fool even sensory and medical ninjas. So i assume here that he travelled the world and he met Zetsu and/or Tobi along his travels, and knowing their powers he formulated a plan. We see in one of Oonoki's earlier flashbacks that Madara attacked him and he didn't expect it because he thought that they are allied with Konoha, that shows that Madara was one of the first S-class missing ninja that caused serious trouble between villages. Maybe he also caused a war by attacking the tsuchikage and Oonoki, probably it was his plan to cause a war between the hated Konoha and other villages.

It's interesting that Edo-Madara didn't yet use the powers of Pain, instead it seems he relies on his EMS and Hashirama's powers implanted by Kabuto. So even if he had his rinnegan when he died, it doesn't seem like he can do all that Nagato could do. Or maybe Kishimoto will use those powers in the next chapter, Kabuto is very confident, so i guess that is the case.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 15:02   Link #27
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Nice with the Stone village's symbolism about the stones. Yeah, they're all just rocks, but having the equal fervor to polish every one of them without tiring says it all. A will firm enough to be made of stone. Never giving an excuse not to give the same amount of dedication to every adversity.

The cell merger makes more sense as an Orochimaru project too. I had doubt about the entire story of Madara stealing the First's cells from the beginning, but Kabuto (or rather Orochimaru) could've altered the Edo Tensei bodies in any way he saw fit since he had the DNA, just like he altered the Zetsus. I still wish we could see what exactly made them stronger though. We already know Oro had the First's DNA in his collection, and with an Edo Tensei body, it would probably be a more likely successful merger rather than the limits of a physical body and the chances of it not working (Yamato being the only out of dozens of children that survived that was infused with Hashirama's DNA). The story about him awakening the Rinnegan may still be true, but I'm doubting it now.

Itachi was right; Madara is a bitter, defeated loser who will make up whatever lies he wants to put himself in a good light. He just happened to be talking about the wrong one when he said it. Or maybe they are one and the same. We still don't have the answer for the Tobi/Madara mystery yet, but for now, I'm more convinced they are either two parts of his soul split among his current Zetsu-like body and of course his real physical body that died. Ero-Sennin's theory makes sense too.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 15:11   Link #28
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's interesting that Edo-Madara didn't yet use the powers of Pain, instead it seems he relies on his EMS and Hashirama's powers implanted by Kabuto. So even if he had his rinnegan when he died, it doesn't seem like he can do all that Nagato could do. Or maybe Kishimoto will use those powers in the next chapter, Kabuto is very confident, so i guess that is the case.
When he first awakened them, did he not use the chakra absorbing path on a Rasenshuriken, and then use the gravity path to bring down a huge freaking meteor?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:06   Link #29
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When he first awakened them, did he not use the chakra absorbing path on a Rasenshuriken, and then use the gravity path to bring down a huge freaking meteor?
He used the god path to repel a rasenshuriken attack, that's when he switched to rinnegan, apparently the EMS was not enough to survive that. But after that he didn't use the 6 paths. He summoned a meteor, that is an elemental jutsu, made fire and wood element jutsu too. But we didn't see him stopping a ninjutsu by absorbing it or using Chibaku Tensei to suck all the 5 kages into some mini-moon, he didn't summon all sorts of giant animals, etc. We have seen the real rinnegan power of Nagato when he beat both Naruto and Bee in an instant by using all 6 paths on them. Of course this might be just the first half of the fight, also there was a timeskip, and also it might be Kabuto wanting to try out Hashirama's powers combined with Madara's powers, just to make sure his creation works fine. Sure this feels like those poor kages being used only as measuring sticks for the future powers of Naruto and Sasuke.

I wonder if the old tsuchikage will survive his flashback
This war is now looking too good for the alliance, it's probably death time now, some named characters should die to maintain the tension. And since Gaara and Mei have plot shield i think it's more and more likely that Itachi and/or Sasuke will interrupt this battle before Madara kills them all. That is Itachi going towards Kabuto and Sasuke following Itachi, then Kabuto being in trouble and summoning Madara to save him and capture Sasuke, which also means Tobi going there too...
Naruto should be quite exhausted by now, so i don't see him having a major role for now. Unless Kishimoto decides that Naruto has become a fighting machine that magically gets chakra and stamina all the time, i mean he now has a small amount of chakra from all the demons.
Old 2012-02-22, 19:19   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Unless Kishimoto decides that Naruto has become a fighting machine that magically gets chakra and stamina all the time, i mean he now has a small amount of chakra from all the demons.
He did it once with Sasuke using "hate" as an excuse, so he should be able to do it with Naruto using "will" as an excuse.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:12   Link #31
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
I wonder if the old tsuchikage will survive his flashback
At one time this was a guarantee of a character's death. But Kirabi and A already survived theirs. So I am not sure anymore. Seriously, Onoki should die. Hell, take Tsunade and A with him. Move out the old guard. But Kishi has been gun-shy since Danzou ate it. We have not had one name death for the Alliance in this war. Ridiculous.

Onoki seems to be the strongest one there. The other Kages are fodder against Madara and would be long dead if he wasn't there. So let him give his life to save the others one last time before Madara gets summoned away. Cause as you said, unless Kabuto has gone haywire, he should summon Madara back if Itachi or Sasuke get near him. Given that we now know Madariama was his trump card.

Quote:
Naruto should be quite exhausted by now, so i don't see him having a major role for now. Unless Kishimoto decides that Naruto has become a fighting machine that magically gets chakra and stamina all the time, i mean he now has a small amount of chakra from all the demons.
Naruto should sit on the sidelines and let his friends actually do something. Wait, who am I kidding? Not in this manga where only god level characters matter. Naruto will magically get chakra from their love and blow right by them to fight again.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 01:52   Link #32
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

lol, first off, props to Ulquiorra.

Second...Does anyone else just feel so...trolled this week? Like...even the chapter with Karin was better than a flashback. A flashback...about a rock. *facepalms*

Seriously. Madara needs to kill somebody and Itachi needs to say "wazzup" to his lil' brother. It needs to happen. NOW.
Old 2012-02-23, 03:08   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
A flashback...about a rock.
It sounds so lame when you say it like that
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 05:18   Link #34
HasuMasu
*Artist

Elemental jutsu? I thought the meteor was Universal Pull.
Old 2012-02-23, 08:17   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Unless Kishimoto decides that Naruto has become a fighting machine that magically gets chakra and stamina all the time
What do you mean by "unless"? It has been the case since chapter one.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 09:01   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
What do you mean by "unless"? It has been the case since chapter one.
Mostly he had one very strong opponent and after the fight he was exhausted (Gaara, Pein, Kakuzu, Sasuke, Orochimaru). Now he has been fighting for almost a day, against a huge number of opponents, heavily using clones and rasenshurikens. Can he now fight against a 100% Sasuke? If he does no matter what the outcome, most of the readers will complain about it. But who knows, in this war it seems to me that even people like Kakashi have infinite chakra and stamina when the plot requires, so i guess i might very well be wrong here.
Old 2012-02-23, 10:47   Link #37
james0246

^Chakra reserve has always been dependent on plot, so Naruto will always have the amount of chakra Kishimoto needs to enhance dramatic tension. (Not that the series is ever particularly tense.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 13:45   Link #38
23 gundam fan

now that was a good chapter. we finally get back to the kage vs madara fight, and just as i thought madara has the upper hand. i got to say i think that onoki is gonna buy the farm at some point very soon. i just feel it is going to happen, also i kinda love watching the kages get there ass kicked by madara, the fact that they think they are all that kind of bugs me. and after what kabuto said about the first hokage power, and the fusion of madara . the fact is there is no way the kages are gonna win this fight.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 17:34   Link #39
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Elemental jutsu? I thought the meteor was Universal Pull.
i'm pretty sure it was universal pull with rinnegan. meteor tech isnt so much an elemental rock tech as it is a gravity tech. its a mixture of both for sure, but moreso gravity (push and pull), and therefore a rinnegan tech
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:17   Link #40
strategos

Quote:
Madara simply left the village after the 1st hokage was chosen, when he left the statue of the 1st hokage was already on the mountain. But we all know that when he attacked the village he already had a plan and had Zetsu and/or Tobi with him. Here i'm assuming that he was not a scientist type that can sample Hashirama's genes and then store them and grow the cells, etc... and most importantly he can't just fake his death without any help, and then survive some very serious damage. Ninja make sure that the opponent is dead, and until now only Zetsu is able to make a perfect clone of a corpse that can fool even sensory and medical ninjas. So i assume here that he travelled the world and he met Zetsu and/or Tobi along his travels, and knowing their powers he formulated a plan. We see in one of Oonoki's earlier flashbacks that Madara attacked him and he didn't expect it because he thought that they are allied with Konoha, that shows that Madara was one of the first S-class missing ninja that caused serious trouble between villages. Maybe he also caused a war by attacking the tsuchikage and Oonoki, probably it was his plan to cause a war between the hated Konoha and other villages.

That would make the most sense of all..
Madara was trying to bring the war toward the Konoha.
Probably every war that Konoha had to get into was Madara fault, until Madara's death.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion