AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 25.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 23.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-10, 09:52   Link #81
eiyuuou

They were... stupid.
Threatening and harassing someone is an offence.
Old 2014-10-10, 09:52   Link #82
The Green One

Not like that stops bullies in real life.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 13:54   Link #83
eiyuuou

yeah, many schools also turn a blind eye to bullying. It'll probably take a berserk gunner before they'll take action.
Old 2014-10-11, 13:58   Link #84
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Japan has a bigger than usual issue when it comes to bullying, as oftentimes (IIRC) they let kids get away with it, due to that whole "the nail that sticks out" thing they have in their culture. The kids who go to the teachers and such about bullying end up getting shamed more, or something along those lines, from how it was explained to me.
Old 2014-10-11, 21:44   Link #85
The Green One

Just the other day I read a news article about a girl who killed herself after being bullied at school for over a year and a half. Depressing stuff. Kids truly can be animals sometimes, not that grownups are any better.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 19:22   Link #86
PreSage
Hoodwinked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
...Wow, not sure if that was just poorly adapted or if the novel was that bad too, but man:

1) Show Kirito get stabbed and injected in solar plexus, then imply he was instead stabbed in the left nipple. This I assume is 100% on the anime, but still. Why not just, you know, have Sinon save him before he gets injected rather than forcing a deus ex machina 1 in a million saving throw?

2) "Girl I've been macking on for the last few weeks, I want to introduce you to some people. These are my friends from SAO." Yeah Kirito, because Asuna isn't your girlfriend/pseudo-wife or anything. Go ahead and introduce her as a friend and nothing more.

My thoughts exactly! I was confused because I was so sure he was not stabbed there initially.

Also, I was waiting for Kirito to introduce his girlfriend and see Sinon's reaction but no...I'm surprised Asuna didn't smack him for hit.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 19:49   Link #87
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Also, I was waiting for Kirito to introduce his girlfriend and see Sinon's reaction but no...I'm surprised Asuna didn't smack him for hit.
The reason for this has been explained half a dozen times in this thread already...
Old 2014-10-12, 20:09   Link #88
dotdotslash

Since this thread is still active, I'd like to thank those who did contribute to explaining for of the cultural differences and also the different translations on the introduction. I've wondered from time to time what I'm missing, so thanks for filling in a bit of that.
dotdotslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 18:15   Link #89
ButterCakes_
Professional Otaku

Ending of arc!

Anyone else notice it ended exactly like the first Alfheim arc?! Just saying, main girl character in trouble, Kirito does some bad ass swordsmanship and then cuts the bad guy in half. Obviously it's not over, Kirito rushes to main girl's side in real life. He ends up fighting the bad guy again but in real life and wins.
Also both Asuna and Sinon were almost raped.

Hoping the next arc isn't the exact thing
Old 2014-10-14, 18:24   Link #90
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... I'm sorry, where did you see Kirito winning that real life fight? Because I'm pretty sure he got overpowered and almost killed, only for Shino to clobber Kyouji with a boombox.
Old 2014-10-19, 05:35   Link #91
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... I'm sorry, where did you see Kirito winning that real life fight? Because I'm pretty sure he got overpowered and almost killed, only for Shino to clobber Kyouji with a boombox.
the anime didnt show every thing but he did trade punchs .

on the same note i would say owning a 3 monitor rig is pretty winning in life. Even kids rich country like US can only dream of it. Not mention he has a motorbike at the age of 16 when people need until 18 to get a driving license.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 06:11   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
the anime didnt show every thing but he did trade punchs .
Yeah... punches from a guy who spent years in a coma, and who was never that athletic to start with...

Quote:
on the same note i would say owning a 3 monitor rig is pretty winning in life. Even kids rich country like US can only dream of it.
It's the future! Monitors are cheaper!

Quote:
Not mention he has a motorbike at the age of 16 when people need until 18 to get a driving license.
16, in Japan. For motorcycles.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 06:04   Link #93
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I thoroughly enjoyed this arc from start to finish., and this last episode did well to bring Sinon full circle, but this time with her coming out as stronger, with her bullies being overpowered by sheer mental strength. I like how she practically tossed it aside, while shaking like a leaf afterwards.

Also, good job of Kirito to bring the woman she saved when she killed the robber. The part with the little girl was especially touching, as that brought even more power to how much of a lifesaver Sinon was back then.

As for that part in the bar, I glossed over the fact that he talked to Liz and Asuna in advance, so they were already in who Sinon was. Was still funny that Liz doesn't take kindly to being called a rip-off blacksmith and how Asuna glared at him when he seemed to become a little too buddy-buddy with Sinon. I wonder if the latter picked up on that bit of tension, and realized they're more than just friends/comrades/whatever.

Looking forward to what's next.
Old 2015-03-08, 20:21   Link #94
Willster328

Hey everybody, first post here.

Ive been binge watching SAO the past week, and finally needed to make an account for what I consider an egregious error in this episode. Crushing, even.

So, I understand there's some aggravation from the AsunaxKirito pairing due to the writing of her character since the original SAO Arc, but I still recall their relationship fondly, as well as Asuna's original character temperament. So to me, they're a legit canon couple, and even MORE than a couple, they've already established some real deep feelings that even your typical anime doesnt even put into words.

When Kirito introduces Shinon to Asuna and Lisa, I was offended that he introduced them as "These are my friends from my SAO days". My jaw DROPPED that Asuna was not introduced as something more serious, and COMPLETELY shocked that she was totally fine with that introduction. As if her and Lisa were on equal footing in their relationship with Kirito.

It was honestly one of the weakest moments I've seen in the show so far. Just needed to say something about it. ESPECIALLY because although Kirito often gets paired up with lots of females, he's never been less than a gentleman about it, and always held Asuna closest to him. To give an introduction like that was painful.
Willster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 22:59   Link #95
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's good reasoning as to why he didn't introduce Asuna as his girlfriend--nevertheless, the term he used was 'nakama', which is still quite a strong association for someone, and still indicates that Asuna is important to him. You can look through this thread to hear all of the reasoning and details of said reasoning. Keep in mind that Western etiquette and Japanese etiquette are quite different, and what Kazuto did was quite appropriate for the situation.
Old 2017-01-18, 23:17   Link #96
AnimeFangirl

A bit late for me to be asking this but, WHY DOESN'T ANYONE EVER CALL THE POLICE IN THIS SHOW?!!!! They just sat around crying for like 15 minutes after Shino knocked the guy out, what if he woke up and attacked you again? IIIIDIOOTTTSS.
Old 2017-01-19, 05:02   Link #97
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
A bit late for me to be asking this but, WHY DOESN'T ANYONE EVER CALL THE POLICE IN THIS SHOW?!!!! They just sat around crying for like 15 minutes after Shino knocked the guy out, what if he woke up and attacked you again? IIIIDIOOTTTSS.
*sigh*

Episode 13, 09:54.

Kirito: "Then when I log out, I'll contact my employer and have him send the police."

Ergo, Kirito had to call someone, who had to call the police and explain the situation in a manner that won't be considered insane. That'll take some time, and that's not accounting for however far away the nearest officer is to Shino's residence. Kirito mentions earlier that Shino lives close by to the hospital he was currently logged in at, hence why he was able to get there so soon.

Please pay more attention to the details given in the show.
Old 2017-01-20, 10:19   Link #98
AnimeFangirl

I watched it and remember it full well. And I remember Shino asking him not to come and him offering to send the police instead. I remember all that. Which is why I'm asking why he decided to uselessly play Big Damn Heroes and why they just sat around in the apartment with a would-be murderer lying a few feet away afterwards. If he'd already called the police, what did he go there for? And alone without any weapons or backup (Asuna? Nurse?) to boot?
Old 2017-01-20, 15:30   Link #99
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He probably went there on a hunch. And if they just managed to fend off and subdue a would-be murderer, of course they're going to stick around--they'll want to make sure he doesn't escape before the cops arrive to arrest him. And weapons? Where would he get any weapons? And if he could, wouldn't that just delay his arrival if he felt something was wrong and Shino might be in danger? Dragging Asuna along would definitely delay him.