AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-17, 10:56   Link #2681
Tru3Ph03niX

More than incest itself the Japanese have a tendency to like romance stories in general. Not caring about pairings and leaving it to the imagination is what makes some stories good (also what began the doujin market.) Harem and romance stories tend to have one protag guy with a whole bunch of options for pairings, leaving all pairings up into the air until the end where the creator finally chooses one.
I myself have thought of many scenarios with Tats x Miyuki, Tats x Mayumi, Tats x Honoka & Tats x Lina (My Tats x Erika died after Vol 6. GO LEO X ERIKA)
So instead of dropping the topic just let people think what they want (don't bother arguing a pairing because true fans will always think of a way to make it work) so let's all enjoy the story and see what happens.
BTW my choices are in the same order above in bold.
Old 2013-02-17, 11:09   Link #2682
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
say...
is womb transplant possible to do..?
if so, then shouldn't at the novel's ages they could practice that on Maya's,
or why at her dying miya didn't make a will for donate her womb to her sister so she could give a birth..
well as along she's above 40YO yet, then the ovarioum shouldn't decrease its quality for reproduction yet...

so what dya think..??
you'd actually only need to transplant eggs. It's a common practice even in our day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3Ph03niX View Post
More than incest itself the Japanese have a tendency to like romance stories in general. Not caring about pairings and leaving it to the imagination is what makes some stories good (also what began the doujin market.) Harem and romance stories tend to have one protag guy with a whole bunch of options for pairings, leaving all pairings up into the air until the end where the creator finally chooses one.
I myself have thought of many scenarios with Tats x Miyuki, Tats x Mayumi, Tats x Honoka & Tats x Lina (My Tats x Erika died after Vol 6. GO LEO X ERIKA)
So instead of dropping the topic just let people think what they want (don't bother arguing a pairing because true fans will always think of a way to make it work) so let's all enjoy the story and see what happens.
BTW my choices are in the same order above in bold.
I agree. I am a MayumixTatsuya fan but thinking of other scenarios is fine since there is no guarantee on what will happen going forward.
Old 2013-02-17, 11:45   Link #2683
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
you'd actually only need to transplant eggs. It's a common practice even in our day and age.
Non non, there are congenital defects in which the womb or vagina (or both) do not properly develop.
Old 2013-02-17, 12:14   Link #2684
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Non non, there are congenital defects in which the womb or vagina (or both) do not properly develop.
even if the womb or vagina have issues, as long as the eggs are good they can still be used. taking one of those eggs, fertilizing it, and placing them in another woman is a medical procedure today. Considering what happened to make her that way, it sounds like it was severe damage to the womb that was too old by the time someone got to her to be properly repaired. Even Tatsuya's powerful restoration has a limit to have far back it can be restored.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-17 at 12:28.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:08   Link #2685
kagato3

At best, given the DNA test resualts Tatsuya has seen (and possably did himself just to be sure), they could be half siblings. This assumes that Maya's overies were not destroyed Which most likely they were hence why it is impossable for her to have children.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:14   Link #2686
Shorya
::>_<::

Though I really love TatsxMiyuki pairing But for some reason reading the novel sometimes it feels *to me atleast* that the Author himself is opposed of it.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:23   Link #2687
NeutralZero

Indeed the Tatsuya x Erika ship sunk after volume 6...
Still hope for a Mayumi route...
Hope the double seven has more to come Mayumi scene with Tatsuya...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-02-18 at 02:54. Reason: correction
Old 2013-02-17, 13:42   Link #2688
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Indeed the Tatsuya x Erika ship sunj after volume 6...
Still hope for a Mayumi route...
Hope the double seven has more to come Mayumi scene with Tatsuya...
I agree. I want a Mayumi route. I'm not adverse to looking into the other options if it doesn't go that way though.

btw, people said Tatsuya seems to slowly be getting back some emotions. I haven't really seen anything of this yet or I missed it. so where are people seeing some of this?
Old 2013-02-17, 14:00   Link #2689
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I agree. I want a Mayumi route. I'm not adverse to looking into the other options if it doesn't go that way though.

btw, people said Tatsuya seems to slowly be getting back some emotions. I haven't really seen anything of this yet or I missed it. so where are people seeing some of this?
I think getting "back" his emotions is incorrect at this standpoint. We still don't see any of the major hallmarks of emotions like fear, love, wrath, etc. What we do see from him is rise in expression. He was more robotic in the beginning of the series with his social interactions. Now, we see him befriending and defending people who are outside of his primary objective (read: Miyuki). I think the most tell tale sign was in a recent chapter where Miyuki almost kissed Tatsuya, and when Tatsuya came up to make sure she was OK, he was seriously embarrassed. That, for me, indicated that he's healing bit by bit on the emotional landscape.

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-02-17, 14:01   Link #2690
malason13
Forsaken

I'm still hoping for a mayumi route even after all the upgrade in the story.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-17, 14:20   Link #2691
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
I think getting "back" his emotions is incorrect at this standpoint. We still don't see any of the major hallmarks of emotions like fear, love, wrath, etc. What we do see from him is rise in expression. He was more robotic in the beginning of the series with his social interactions. Now, we see him befriending and defending people who are outside of his primary objective (read: Miyuki). I think the most tell tale sign was in a recent chapter where Miyuki almost kissed Tatsuya, and when Tatsuya came up to make sure she was OK, he was seriously embarrassed. That, for me, indicated that he's healing bit by bit on the emotional landscape.
oh yeah. also come to think of it he did specifically call the others his friends. whereas recently he just considered them acquaintances. He may consider his emotions gone so they are unable to be repaired but that might just be because he doesn't understand emotions since he never actually felt them.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-17 at 14:33.
Old 2013-02-17, 14:27   Link #2692
malason13
Forsaken

Time can change everyone. Even Tatsuya can also change.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-17, 15:57   Link #2693
kagato3

I don't think they were ever gone just realy muted. Also the question of just how much of it is from damage and how much is from the training he underwent if you notice few of the more negative emotions (fear, anger, hate), that are likely to get you killed in a fight, have shown thier heads as he seems to be stuck in kinda a zen combat state. Given the kind of trianing he has been put through even someone with full emotions would likely be just like he is.

A question do we know anything a bout Tats before his mind was messed with?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-02-17, 16:12   Link #2694
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I don't think they were ever gone just realy muted. Also the question of just how much of it is from damage and how much is from the training he underwent if you notice few of the more negative emotions (fear, anger, hate), that are likely to get you killed in a fight, have shown thier heads as he seems to be stuck in kinda a zen combat state. Given the kind of trianing he has been put through even someone with full emotions would likely be just like he is.

A question do we know anything a bout Tats before his mind was messed with?
Pretty sure Tatsuya doesn't even remember. It does bring up a question of how much is because of the procedure and how much was he just born with.
Old 2013-02-17, 16:20   Link #2695
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

One thing I'm curious of is if he doesn't remember what happened before he was changed. Who told him about it? Was it his mother? If so how much was true? I havn't read childhood one but it makes me wonder.

Anyway I like the Tatsuya Mayumi pair, and I think Erika is grabing up Leo to strengthen the blood line... she's such a dutiful girl . Leo is the kind of guy who follows his instincts so it's only a matter of time before he needs to mate....
Old 2013-02-17, 16:32   Link #2696
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilch100 View Post
Finally, Tatsuya doesn't have a drop of romantic interest in Miyuki. She's his little sister who he pampers and who is very important to him. It seems like he thinks she makes him human due to the singular, sibling love he has for her. Romantic love is completely out of Tatsuya's understanding. There's numerous examples of this.
Technically, not out of his understanding intellectually, it's just that he doesn't feel that kind of things. And as for romantic interest, well that last Halloween story summary I gave did have him flustered after Miyuki made a direct, intimate, move on him (granted, not as much as the almost blue-screen response Miyuki suffered after her daring nibble onto Tatsuya). It's a matter of how heavy the stimulus needed to make him feel like this I suppose, he doesn't bat a eye at seeing Miyuki in only her underwear but if she gets very close physically then it might be another matter.

This is by the point of Tatsuya regaining his emotions anyway, before this point like back in 9 School Battles he and Miyuki slept in the same bed and he still didn't feel anything.
Old 2013-02-17, 16:42   Link #2697
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Technically, not out of his understanding intellectually, it's just that he doesn't feel that kind of things. And as for romantic interest, well that last Halloween story summary I gave did have him flustered after Miyuki made a direct, intimate, move on him (granted, not as much as the almost blue-screen response Miyuki suffered after her daring nibble onto Tatsuya). It's a matter of how heavy the stimulus needed to make him feel like this I suppose, he doesn't bat a eye at seeing Miyuki in only her underwear but if she gets very close physically then it might be another matter.

This is by the point of Tatsuya regaining his emotions anyway, before this point like back in 9 School Battles he and Miyuki slept in the same bed and he still didn't feel anything.
By regaining emotions are you refering to what happened in the vampire arc? I want to see him get them back but there is alot that could happen from that. If he suddenly one day got every emotion back, just think of experiencing all of that rage, love, hate, regret, and so on and so forth all at once. It'd probably drive him a little insane for a little while.... I'd kinda like to see that for some reason but I'm scared the shool, town, and the ten families would all be gone by the time he recovered.

Also if I remember correctly he also
Spoiler for do not open!:
in that one and didn't feel anything a brother shouldn't feel from it.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:22   Link #2698
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
By regaining emotions are you refering to what happened in the vampire arc? I want to see him get them back but there is alot that could happen from that. If he suddenly one day got every emotion back, just think of experiencing all of that rage, love, hate, regret, and so on and so forth all at once. It'd probably drive him a little insane for a little while.... I'd kinda like to see that for some reason but I'm scared the shool, town, and the ten families would all be gone by the time he recovered.

Also if I remember correctly he also
Spoiler for do not open!:
in that one and didn't feel anything a brother shouldn't feel from it.
no, it should be
Spoiler for open!:
Old 2013-02-17, 17:32   Link #2699
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
no, it should be
Spoiler for open!:
are you refering to the
Spoiler for Open!mabey:
Old 2013-02-17, 18:05   Link #2700
bobmeow

everyone was so focused on the mother they forgot about the father
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings