AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-22, 17:04   Link #81
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

as usual, skipped over all the other reincarnated human scenes (and will keep skipping even if I rewatch this episode). They annoy me.

Kumoko being chased again by humans. Funny, how appraising only says the human name. lol
Good thing those dinosaurs were there to block the way.

Araba vs snakes and wasps. Those things did not stand a chance, even if they ganged up on him.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 17:13   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Kumoko's side is as fun as always (nice Spider-man reference), so I can only hope that the human side starts to pick up a bit. Some things do seem to be happening with the student's parents becoming monsters, though I hope the bully doesn't become too insufferable.
My interpretation there wasn't that Fei's human parents have become monsters. Rather that she assisted in killing one of the monster parents of her monster body. Which of course brings all kind of weirdness to the table. How is a person to even feel about that? Fei was a human first so she may not be that shaken up. But she was also reborn in this world and if that was one of her new parents that's...a weird situation to be sure.

Safe to say the idiot bully is going to remain insufferable. Or rather I'm just waiting on him to start a war so he can prove how much better he is than everyone else...
Old 2021-01-22, 18:23   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder how closely related to that Earth Dragon Fei was. It doesn't have to be a parent. (Kumoko got it from eating a sibling, right?) Do they have to be related at all or just in the same evolutionary tree?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 04:45   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Looking at how she looks as arachne, I can imagine what her spider-self looks like.

That being said... It would have been really ironic if Kuro had managed to eat the Egg
Come to think of it.....since her bottom half Arachne also has eyes in addition to the human top half.....Her visual field must take all kinds of getting used to lol
Old 2021-01-23, 04:48   Link #85
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm more interested in the fact that people aren't reacting to a talking Spider. Unless she's not actually speaking an understandable language, but that doesn't seem an issue for Fei. Unless of course only reincarnated people can understand their speech. Not that a talking Spider wouldn't be scary anyways, but I figure those people would react to that first.
It's all internal monologue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder how closely related to that Earth Dragon Fei was. It doesn't have to be a parent. (Kumoko got it from eating a sibling, right?) Do they have to be related at all or just in the same evolutionary tree?
I'm pretty sure they have to be blood-related. As how many degrees of relationship... I'm sure the author wouldn't have even thought about it.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 09:48   Link #86
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Fei couldn't have eaten one of her siblings in the first place because...

Spoiler for Fei, birth info skipped/Not made clear enough.:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 10:34   Link #87
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Fei couldn't have eaten one of her siblings in the first place because...

Spoiler for Fei, birth info skipped/Not made clear enough.:
She got it from biting into that big Earth Dragon. It's not a mystery. And that big Earth Dragon could be anything. One of her parents, siblings, cousins...
Old 2021-01-23, 12:45   Link #88
X207
Gamyūsa

I hope the pace of the show will slow down soon enough, it's funny and enjoyable to see her struggle and win over higher level monsters but the montage scenes are starting to get old. I would like to see the human side story more also but I hope the quick pace is just to get up to speed and have plenty of time for the first 2 arcs or how many there would be.i don't know if it's just a funny joke or an anime thing but Kumoko using her mouth to bite and tear meat in order to eat is till a bit wierdvif you thing about it. Not like an actual spider but maybe she didn't consider cacooning her prey before eating it.

Has anyone tried watching the original Batman series? The one with big BANG! SOCK! POW,! Exclamations, it was interesting but they jumped around from 1 plot to another much like Kumoko's current agility.

Last edited by X207; 2021-01-23 at 12:59.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 13:36   Link #89
Rasty

Webnovel reader there (actually read the earlier arcs about 3 times) and I am pretty impressed with the adaptation (which is rare). I wished for it to get adapted for a long while, but feared it is going to end terribly (especially as if they kept the novel chronology it would be just 12ep of Kumoko monologues). And Yuuki Aoi is just great, period. Though I wonder whether her voice doesn't get tired, it's like 70% of only her speaking.

I also like Fei's character as a good counterpole to compare with Kumoko (both got the "bad" lot in reincarnation, but one of them is clearly much, much luckier).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 14:51   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
Kumoko using her mouth to bite and tear meat in order to eat is till a bit wierdvif you thing about it. Not like an actual spider but maybe she didn't consider cacooning her prey before eating it.
Spiders will wrap their prey if they want to store & eat it later (which Kumoko did to some of her prey). Also, most spiders usually "drink" the meat of their prey:
Quote:
As a first step in eating, the spider will literally vomit digestive fluid over the prey. Then the prey is chewed with the "jaws" (chelicerae), and the fluid is sucked back into the mouth together with some liquefied "meat" from the prey.
I guess both the novel & the anime are not too concerned to portray such eating mechanism of spiders. Also, they can just brush it off as "Kumoko is a fantasy spider species, not IRL".
Old 2021-01-23, 16:35   Link #91
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Spiders will wrap their prey if they want to store & eat it later (which Kumoko did to some of her prey). Also, most spiders usually "drink" the meat of their prey:
I guess both the novel & the anime are not too concerned to portray such eating mechanism of spiders. Also, they can just brush it off as "Kumoko is a fantasy spider species, not IRL".
I'm not really getting stuck on how she choses to eat, it's just a little side note that irks me a bit. Given she does like the taste when biting, I don't think drinking them up would be any better by a large margin. Maybe liquidating them would remove some aftertaste but I don't know if we will find that out.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 20:18   Link #92
grecefar

Well I hope that earth dragon is as kind and tsundere like veldora.

Kumoko started as kin-eater, dragon girl is starting the path, the human side could be interesting if they show the progress of bully girl like kumoko. (not as much thought)
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 21:09   Link #93
Alchemist007
*Author

Have to say the human characters sideplot is kinda dull. When kumo isn't on screen I'm asking where is kumo?
Old 2021-01-23, 21:37   Link #94
Chosen_Hero

As a manga reader, I am still enjoying the classmates scenes, they are a good complement to Kumoko's struggles in the cave.
Old 2021-01-23, 22:31   Link #95
Marina2

Classmates part is a lot more enjoyable in ep.3 I like Sue for her comically murderous intend toward others people around her brother.

Can LN/manga reader enlighten me why Fei get warned for shooting that water bullet? Was that's suppose to be a strange thing?

However....... Kumoko part is a just too short.
Old 2021-01-24, 00:19   Link #96
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Can LN/manga reader enlighten me why Fei get warned for shooting that water bullet? Was that's suppose to be a strange thing?
I don't remember that exact part, but the little dragon used magic without the need for the wand or using any incantation. Consider that it basically beat the large earth dragon mostly by itself, so are the little cute dragon most likely much stronger then it looks and needs to hold back or else it may scare people.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 21:24   Link #97
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
How cute. This world doesn't work the same as that jellyfull of flower inards slime.

That earth dragon is real deal that would bring fear to enemies.

They have lots of screen time for the side characters during this episode. With how the pacing went, they would play a insignificant part for the 2nd cour part.

They skipped a lot of stuff on kumoko but I'm still liking it so far. I just felt that somethings aren't explained well.
Old 2021-01-24, 22:04   Link #98
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
How cute. This world doesn't work the same as that jellyfull of flower inards slime.

That earth dragon is real deal that would bring fear to enemies.

They have lots of screen time for the side characters during this episode. With how the pacing went, they would play a insignificant part for the 2nd cour part.

They skipped a lot of stuff on kumoko but I'm still liking it so far. I just felt that somethings aren't explained well.
Knowing that Fei is actually hinted to be the egg Kumoku tried eating earlier, the events shown might not actually be ordered chronologically. So the parts length might be dependent on how far those events are away from one another.

My theory is that the Human side of the story is set in the present, while Kumoku's is set in the past, at least for the time being.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 00:53   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

Kumoko started as kin-eater, dragon girl is starting the path, the human side could be interesting if they show the progress of bully girl like kumoko. (not as much thought)
It would make the human side more interesting if they go there. Showing a kind of parallel development between Kumoko and Fei. Although can't imagine there will be such constant battling going on that she'd level up and evolve anytime soon.
Quote:
Knowing that Fei is actually hinted to be the egg Kumoku tried eating earlier, the events shown might not actually be ordered chronologically. So the parts length might be dependent on how far those events are away from one another.

My theory is that the Human side of the story is set in the present, while Kumoku's is set in the past, at least for the time being.
I'm curious if that was the case with the egg. Talk about things getting really messed up. Or it would have gotten that way if the egg hadn't been so intensely tough.

Curious to see if Kumoko's events are set in the past or closer to the present. If it is in the past then it's kind of crazy to imagine how insanely powerful Kumoko should be in the present day. Years and years of survival, evolution, and who knows what creating a crazy powerful spider. Not sure when or how these plots are going to intersect, but it will be interesting when they do. Regardless of whether that happens during this anime or not.
Old 2021-01-25, 01:29   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought of it more as Kumoko in the present, humans in the future...