AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-03-04, 15:09   Link #24041
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Overlap certainly has the sixth volume of Zero scheduled for April, there's too this synopsis:
――これは“ハジメ”に至るゼロの系譜。
【あらすじ】
ミレディの元に集った“解放者”たち。神への攻勢をはかり、変革せんと狼煙を上げる。神代を終わらせ、人の 時代を呼ぶ決戦が今、始まろうとしていた。

This is Zero's genealogy leading to Hajime.

The Liberators gather under Mileidi. Preparing the attacks to the Gods, Raising the signal to change. The final batlle for changing the God's age to the human's.ç is about to begin.

I find strange too the small gap between publications, but that sentence of the synopsis mentioning Hajime makes me think maybe there are things on Zero's final volume that need to be shown before the next volume of the main story for the sake of its plot.

Maybe the author is adding some extra info or the final battle of the main series that mirrors what happened when the Liberators failed their final assault on Ehit.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 11:31   Link #24042
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Yeah, i guess that's also possible.
But considering the 13 month gap between the release of LN v10 and v11, i thought that they would take a slightly bigger gap for the v12 (and possibly v13). So, like they used the in-between to release a "Short Story Collection", i thought they might do it again this time.

Well, its more to do with the fact that working on "Short Story Collection" is probably less tiring than working on the main volumes, like "Zero" or "Main Story"; so maybe Shirakome would do that next for a low pressure workload, because he seemed quite tired (atleast his words in the last WN chapter we got), after he finished working on the Zero LN's.
There is also the fact that i think its time for their to be some sort of movement from the Anime production side as well, since its been over an years now since Season 1 ended, and we got confirmation of Season 2.

As for another "Short Story Collection", i was thinking that maybe it would be a "Zero" focused one, rather than the Main Story.
I mean, the first SSC we got was completely focused on the Main Story, with nothing from the "Zero", except for that original crossover special.

And since LN v06 is going to end the "Zero" plot, it would be best to completely wrap-it-up by releasing a SSC volume with all the bonus SS from the 6 Zero LN volumes (plus some extras, maybe like a story about the "first Summoned Hero on Tortus who fought the evil god but failed", as a connection to the After Story, since "Zero" does cover the story about the past, so it shouldn't be odd to contain a SS about a lost lore of that plot).
I think the gap was mainly due to the anime. Volume 10 came out right before the anime aired, during which time Shirakome would have been busy with consultation and promotional work, so we got the short story collection just as the anime was wrapping up. Then he had to spend more time writing Zero volume 4 and the Eternal Artifact novella from scratch before finally getting enough breathing room to work on volume 11. I'd personally be pretty surprised if we saw another short story collection of any kind before the conclusion of the main story, but you never know.

Given how tight lipped they are about the production, it's hard telling when we'll get any news on season 2 of the anime. AnimeJapan or Comiket would have been my best guesses for most likely times of an announcement, but Overlap may very well wait until after Realist Hero airs before they give any updates on Arifureta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Overlap certainly has the sixth volume of Zero scheduled for April, there's too this synopsis:
――これは“ハジメ”に至るゼロの系譜。
【あらすじ】
ミレディの元に集った“解放者”たち。神への攻勢をはかり、変革せんと狼煙を上げる。神代を終わらせ、人の 時代を呼ぶ決戦が今、始まろうとしていた。

This is Zero's genealogy leading to Hajime.

The Liberators gather under Mileidi. Preparing the attacks to the Gods, Raising the signal to change. The final batlle for changing the God's age to the human's.ç is about to begin.

I find strange too the small gap between publications, but that sentence of the synopsis mentioning Hajime makes me think maybe there are things on Zero's final volume that need to be shown before the next volume of the main story for the sake of its plot.
They actually use that Zero genealogy leading to Hajime line above the synopsis for pretty much every volume of Zero from what I recall. It doesn't have anything to do with the plot of the book. It just indicates that the events of those books are what led up to the main story. Though, given Miledi's role in the upcoming final battle of the main story, it wouldn't be too surprising if the author packed in some more parallels or other Easter eggs for us.

***Edit***
It looks like Overlap is pushing back the release of Zero volumes 5 and 6. Volume 5 is now set for 4/25, and volume 6 is to be determined.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2021-03-08 at 05:52.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 06:45   Link #24043
Huh...?

Wonder why the sudden delay, when even the Cover Art was finalized.
Did Author want to maybe change some content?
Or was there some production issue?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 07:13   Link #24044
borisdrakoni

As usual, it was the typical "for various reasons" non-answer for the delay. At this point I imagine it's either an issue with the printing and distribution, or they decided to change the release schedule to match something else they have planned. For instance, if Zero 6 gets moved back a month or two, then they could potentially do a simultaneous mass release with volume 12 and/or the next volumes of the manga adaptations.
Old 2021-03-08, 08:01   Link #24045
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
At this point I imagine it's either an issue with the printing and distribution, or they decided to change the release schedule to match something else they have planned. For instance, if Zero 6 gets moved back a month or two, then they could potentially do a simultaneous mass release with volume 12 and/or the next volumes of the manga adaptations.
I agree that Zero LN v05 delay is probably because of printing & distribution issues.

As for push back of Zero LN v06, i think its probably because maybe Author wanted to update on some material for it as a connection for the Main Story (i know that he worked on these two upcoming Zero volumes for over 3 months now, but that doesn't mean he can't change or add stuff). And if i am right, Author should have been free for a month now (unless he is busy with something else). So, it should have given him some extra time to review the content of Zero LN v06.

As for the Manga, i think that the next volume would be for "Zero", which already has 6 chapters released by now after v05 (they had released 6 chapters per volume for v04 and v05, so probably v06 would also have 6 chapters), and it would probably happen in April 2021 (next new chapter of Zero would also be released in April).
"Main Story" only has like 5 chapters released after v07 (it had been covering 6 chapter per volume since v03), with the next new chapter releasing in April. So, i don't see a new volume for it until June or July 2021.
There is not enough material to compile the next "Gakuen" Volume yet (v01 compiled 9 monthly chapters and contained it into 5 chapters, and we only have 5 monthly chapters released after that). So, i don't see a new volume for it atleast until September 2021.

By the way, what are the chance of Arifureta Season 2 starting around October 2021, since Shield Hero Season 2 is also scheduled for October 2021.

Old 2021-03-08, 08:37   Link #24046
borisdrakoni

Quote:
By the way, what are the chance of Arifureta Season 2 starting around October 2021, since Shield Hero Season 2 is also scheduled for October 2021.
I'd say fairly slim since we haven't even seen so much as a key visual for it yet. If we still haven't heard anything by the time the summer season kicks off in July I would upgrade that to impossible. The announcement vs release schedule last time around got fairly ridiculous due to the production problems, but there would normally still be a few months between the announced release date and when it airs. By this point, I would be satisfied just finding out whether they've made any changes to the production companies or staff. Both Asread and White Fox appear to have other work on their hands at the moment.

***Edit***
Looks like Overlap's site is listing new volumes of the main story and Zero manga for an April release now too.

***Edit 2***
New chapter is out. Looks like the author finally got some free time. We might be getting Abyssgate-Kyoto arc once the empire segment of Tortus Travel wraps up.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2021-03-20 at 08:02.
Old 2021-03-22, 02:14   Link #24047
Huh...?

An Overlap live-stream is going to happen on April 17, 2021, featuring the VA's of Arifureta Anime & the Realist Hero Anime, and is supposed to provide new information about something.

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/stat...42469415088136

Old 2021-03-22, 06:14   Link #24048
borisdrakoni

Quote:
An Overlap live-stream is going to happen on April 17, 2021, featuring the VA's of Arifureta Anime & the Realist Hero Anime, and is supposed to provide new information about something.

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/stat...42469415088136
Worst case scenario, it’ll be something like, “Hey everyone, we’re finally starting production now! Cross your fingers for 2022.”

Going by the previous programs they’ve done, at the very least we can probably expect announcements regarding any changes in the production company or staff and maybe some new cast. On the upper end of hopefulness, there would be a new key visual, drama cd with volume 12, actual release date, or even a trailer. Of course, if they really wanted to throw a curveball, they’d announce an anime for Zero.

***Edit***
Funny chapter this week. Regular updates really help tighten up the writing. The addition of the significance of the girls' dresses from volume 7 was a nice touch. The girls, and especially Yue, have taken a lot of damage in this Empire arc of Tortus Travel. Myuu casually shattering the hopes and dreams of the two princes was a great way to wrap things up until the next installment sometime down the road.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2021-03-27 at 08:35.
Old 2021-04-01, 01:55   Link #24049
Huh...?

Upcoming Manga Volume Covers

Old 2021-04-01, 05:48   Link #24050
borisdrakoni

They look great. It's nice to see Kaori getting a cover all to herself after so long, and I find the finger gun poses of Miledi and Meiru to be funny and ironic considering the future that's in store. It's also worth noting that the Zero volume 6 LN wasn't included in May's announced releases, so there's no telling when that will come out now. My money is still on a simultaneous release with volume 12.
Old 2021-04-01, 18:03   Link #24051
haseo0408

Dear gods! Kaori looks stunning on the cover! I demand she is made the cover girl for volume 12 of the light novel!.
Old 2021-04-01, 19:21   Link #24052
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Dear gods! Kaori looks stunning on the cover! I demand she is made the cover girl for volume 12 of the light novel!.
Unlikely, as vol 12’s cover probably will be Adult Yue
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 23:16   Link #24053
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Unlikely, as vol 12’s cover probably will be Adult Yue
I know but man! Kaori deserves some more love! Even Shizuku got 2 covers all for herself, if the author decides to adapt the after story into a light novel form I hope she gets a few covers.
Old 2021-04-01, 23:21   Link #24054
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I know but man! Kaori deserves some more love! Even Shizuku got 2 covers all for herself, if the author decides to adapt the after story into a light novel form I hope she gets a few covers.
Or just hope author decided to split the final battle into 2 volumes with one for Hajime party side and one for human army side then we may have a cover for Kaori
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2021-04-02, 05:51   Link #24055
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Or just hope author decided to split the final battle into 2 volumes with one for Hajime party side and one for human army side then we may have a cover for Kaori
There's only 15 (long) chapters of the main story left to adapt, of which only 2 covered the united human front in the final battle. Unless volume 13 started in on the after story partway in, they would need a fair amount of original content to fill two more books. I also have a hard time imagining ending the main story halfway into a book.

Incidentally, it looks like a site called Ota-kuji is going to be selling a bunny girl collection for Arifureta.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Just from the announcement image, I look forward to seeing what they come out with.
Old 2021-04-02, 08:21   Link #24056
darkofficer
just a devil

yue and a bunnysuit doest really work wel if you put her agianst the other girls

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 09:25   Link #24057
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
yue and a bunnysuit doest really work wel if you put her agianst the other girls
Well, she does lack the necessary curves to pull-off that look nicely.
Guess, have to wait until Adult Yue debuts.

Old 2021-04-02, 11:27   Link #24058
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
There's only 15 (long) chapters of the main story left to adapt, of which only 2 covered the united human front in the final battle. Unless volume 13 started in on the after story partway in, they would need a fair amount of original content to fill two more books. I also have a hard time imagining ending the main story halfway into a book.

Incidentally, it looks like a site called Ota-kuji is going to be selling a bunny girl collection for Arifureta.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Just from the announcement image, I look forward to seeing what they come out with.
or the author can add additional content like how he did with previous boss fights
Old 2021-04-02, 12:35   Link #24059
borisdrakoni

Quote:
or the author can add additional content like how he did with previous boss fights
I fully expect some additional scenes to be written for Yuuka and all the other minor characters following the buildup given to them in volume 11. That being said, I don't think it will extend beyond how the other volumes used new and revised material to supplement the existing content from the web novel. Considering what the author just went through to wrap up Zero, he also might not necessarily want to repeat that process for the main story.

If he does get stuck having to write an additional volume to end the main story, I'd personally prefer he use that to explore the one month time skip following the final battle rather than dragging the fight on any more. In that case, we could see how the harem is finally fully established and get a gradual transition to the daily life antics that are largely prevalent in the after story.
Old 2021-04-02, 13:14   Link #24060
jagt

Quote:
I fully expect some additional scenes to be written for Yuuka and all the other minor characters following the buildup given to them in volume 11. That being said, I don't think it will extend beyond how the other volumes used new and revised material to supplement the existing content from the web novel. Considering what the author just went through to wrap up Zero, he also might not necessarily want to repeat that process for the main story.

If he does get stuck having to write an additional volume to end the main story, I'd personally prefer he use that to explore the one month time skip following the final battle rather than dragging the fight on any more. In that case, we could see how the harem is finally fully established and get a gradual transition to the daily life antics that are largely prevalent in the after story.
Aside from that one month gap the author could use a little of the after story too if he has to make a second volume. In my opinion the scene of Hajime returning home and introducing the heroines to his parents should be included, the trip isn't over until you're back home.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel