AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-06, 02:13   Link #2401
moncikoma

march pools :
10. Alto Saotome (MacrossF)
9. Tomoki Sakurai (Sora no Otoshimono)
8. Archer (Fate/stay night)
7. Kyosuke Kōsaka (OreImo)
6. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
5. Kira Yamato (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
4. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
3. Kyon (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2. Touma Kamijo (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
1. Takuto Tsunashi (Star Driver)

10. Kirino Kōsaka (OreImo)
9. Ika Musume (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
8. Ranka Lee (MacrossF)
7. Kuroneko (OreImo)
6. Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
5. Shiki Ryogi (Kara no Kyoukai)
4. Sheryl Nome (MacrossF)
3. Mio Akiyama (K-ON!!)
2. Retarded moeblob Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!!)
1. Saber (Fate/zero)
Old 2011-03-06, 03:28   Link #2402
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaHayase View Post
MACROSS ACE

TOP 5

There is no reference to publication of the magazine, the forum where it was posted.
The news was posted in early February/2011
Issue #7, which came out in December.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:35   Link #2403
magnuskn

What the hell is Saber doing randomly at number one? Is there some new Fate/Stay anime out that I should know of?
Old 2011-03-06, 06:01   Link #2404
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
What the hell is Saber doing randomly at number one? Is there some new Fate/Stay anime out that I should know of?
Not yet out, but FATE/Zero. /plugging

Still hasn't read that original novel despite seeing it frequently in Digi-shop (since it was written by none other than Urobuchi), but actually I'm wholly more interested in Zero's summary than UBW movie's. I'm Saber-con, so yeah... Even though I like Rin, I just want to kyaaa at lotsa Saber.

Anyway, the list did say in particular that it's Zero, not Stay night so...

Back on topic: Betting my lunch Sheryl will reach higher rank in this month (okay, April.) Newtype. I call my hunch.

Old 2011-03-06, 06:07   Link #2405
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not yet out, but FATE/Zero. /plugging

Still hasn't read that original novel despite seeing it frequently in Digi-shop (since it was written by none other than Urobuchi), but actually I'm wholly more interested in Zero's summary than UBW movie's. I'm Saber-con, so yeah... Even though I like Rin, I just want to kyaaa at lotsa Saber.

Anyway, the list did say in particular that it's Zero, not Stay night so...

Back on topic: Betting my lunch Sheryl will reach higher rank in this month (okay, April.) Newtype. I call my hunch.
Could I ask for a short summary what it'll be about and in what form and when it'll air?
Old 2011-03-06, 06:20   Link #2406
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Could I ask for a short summary what it'll be about and in what form and when it'll air?
It's a bit Off Topic, but sure.

Spoiler for Off Topic:

Old 2011-03-06, 06:38   Link #2407
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
It's a bit Off Topic, but sure.

Spoiler for Off Topic:
Thanks, Natsu. Well, not sure if I'm that interested in a prequel.
Old 2011-03-06, 09:18   Link #2408
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
march pools :
10. Alto Saotome (MacrossF)
9. Tomoki Sakurai (Sora no Otoshimono)
8. Archer (Fate/stay night)
7. Kyosuke Kōsaka (OreImo)
6. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
5. Kira Yamato (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
4. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
3. Kyon (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2. Touma Kamijo (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
1. Takuto Tsunashi (Star Driver)

10. Kirino Kōsaka (OreImo)
9. Ika Musume (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
8. Ranka Lee (MacrossF)
7. Kuroneko (OreImo)
6. Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
5. Shiki Ryogi (Kara no Kyoukai)
4. Sheryl Nome (MacrossF)
3. Mio Akiyama (K-ON!!)
2. Retarded moeblob Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!!)
1. Saber (Fate/zero)
Hey, there's no need to bash Yui!

Anyway, glad to see Sheryl ranking in the Top 5.
Old 2011-03-06, 12:08   Link #2409
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Hey, there's no need to bash Yui!

Anyway, glad to see Sheryl ranking in the Top 5.
sorry it is not me...someone post it...i just copy paste..

more sheryl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmo48...eature=related
Old 2011-03-06, 14:09   Link #2410
Irisiel

Okay, so the Romance thread is going off-topic because we centre discussions around Sheryl, so I thought we could move here now.

So, how does anyone think it would feel like to have fold sickness, jet lag and V-type infection at the same time?
Old 2011-03-06, 14:15   Link #2411
magnuskn

Pretty damn sucky. Sucky enough to be not in the mood for a maybe dangerous distraction during your upcoming concert.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:35   Link #2412
Father Hentai

V-type was surpressed by the pills she has taken.
Fold sickness - maybe some fresh air?
And jet lag. Well some coffee should help and then some rest. But if she plans all the same day... her own fault or incompetent manager to schedule some hours for regeneration.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:37   Link #2413
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
And jet lag. Well some coffee should help and then some rest. But if she plans all the same day... her own fault or incompetent manager to schedule some hours for regeneration.
Being cranky for being jag-legged doesn't make you someone bad... just someone human.
Old 2011-03-06, 15:06   Link #2414
wisteria233

Quote:
isn't it normal for people get cranky after being jet lagged though? I mean I once flew from France to America and by the time I made it back I was tired as they come, and cranky as heck because I just wanted to sleep. Grace even asks Sheryl to take a rest after the flight, because she was tired. Coffee doesn't really help when you're jet lagged trust me; your inner clock is messed up, and your disoriented, on top of being tired, coffee just makes it worse.

Even though the pill suppressed the V-type virus, every pill has its side affects, and it also certainly didn't help her constitution much in the later episodes.
Old 2011-03-06, 15:20   Link #2415
Darthtabby

I wanted to chime in on the issue of Sheryl's personality changing over the course of the series:

Sheryl's personality does change, but I don't think it quite as extreme a change as some people make it out to be. She displays a number of not so nice personality traits at the start of the series -she's haughty, arrogant, demanding, and at times rather selfish. But on the other hand she's quite kind to Ranka and shows a lot of concern for the fate of the people of Galaxy despite having plenty of reason to hate the place. So personally I wouldn't say that later events led to her having a complete change of personality as much as they brought the better parts of her personality to the forefront and maybe smoothed some rough edges.

I also think that it's worth noting that while she demands a lot of the people she works with, she also demands a lot from herself.
Old 2011-03-06, 15:33   Link #2416
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I wanted to chime in on the issue of Sheryl's personality changing over the course of the series:

Sheryl's personality does change, but I don't think it quite as extreme a change as some people make it out to be. She displays a number of not so nice personality traits at the start of the series -she's haughty, arrogant, demanding, and at times rather selfish. But on the other hand she's quite kind to Ranka and shows a lot of concern for the fate of the people of Galaxy despite having plenty of reason to hate the place. So personally I wouldn't say that later events led to her having a complete change of personality as much as they brought the better parts of her personality to the forefront and maybe smoothed some rough edges.

I also think that it's worth noting that while she demands a lot of the people she works with, she also demands a lot from herself.
That's just the thing Sheryl's personality did change.

But like you said it wasn't her becoming any nicer (she was pretty nice at the beginning of the series too if people didn't rub her the wrong way). Though it should also be noted that we the audience only really see her crass side when it comes to her performances. Which one could attribute to her being a perfectionist. Any other time she's nice to pretty much everyone around her.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:15   Link #2417
Father Hentai

[Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
isn't it normal for people get cranky after being jet lagged though? I mean I once flew from France to America and by the time I made it back I was tired as they come, and cranky as heck because I just wanted to sleep. Grace even asks Sheryl to take a rest after the flight, because she was tired. Coffee doesn't really help when you're jet lagged trust me; your inner clock is messed up, and your disoriented, on top of being tired, coffee just makes it worse.

Even though the pill suppressed the V-type virus, every pill has its side affects, and it also certainly didn't help her constitution much in the later episodes.
It is normal to be cranky but my question here is have you been on a business trip from the FR to the U.S. or was it private purpose. Basically I say that on business trips you have to stay polite. So a basic mistake why she is cranky is that she has not scheduled more time to rest.

Btw. I had flights from Germany to the Philippines and even also to the U.S. I agree about the jet lag, but as an asian: azn style, always smile. Always be polite.

And about the pills. We do not know about any side effects that it changes the mood. Only that it stops spreading any further but it does not fully cure the v-type disease. Dont believe it's not like an anti baby pill which pumps her up with hormones.

And a point where I say that she is being very selfish:

Quote:
Alto: Hey! What's the meaning of this? Wait! There are still people inside! Are you just going to sneak off on your own?!
Sheryl: Let the professionals take care of it. Amateurs need not to worry.
Alto: What?! All of them came to see you! And you are just going to run away by yourself?! You call yourself a professional?!
Cathy: Hey, come back here!
Sheryl: Foolish boy...
Two points what nagged me here:
- Cathy seems to be twisted between soldiers duty and being her personal host for the tour (her eyes were glancing)
- Sheryl mixes personal feelings about amateurs (especially Alto) and that she forgets that she services the fans and in cases of an evacuation she should have helped out by just having some civilians drive with the limo.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2011-03-07 at 07:34.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:34   Link #2418
wisteria233

Quote:
It is normal to be cranky but my question here is have you been on a business trip from the FR to the U.S. or was it private purpose. Basically I say that on business trips you have to stay polite. So a basic mistake why she is cranky is that she has not scheduled more time to rest.

Btw. I had flights from Germany to the Philippines and even also to the U.S. I agree about the jet lag, but as an asian: azn style, always smile. Always be polite.

And about the pills. We do not know about any side effects that it changes the mood. Only that it stops spreading any further but it does not fully cure the v-type disease. Dont believe it's not like an anti baby pill which pumps her up with hormones.
And your basic mistake is not taking account that flights aren't exact when it comes to time. A flight could come in late or on time, so even if you are a master planner sometimes things don't work out that way. Also one thing to remember is that before she came to Frontier Sheryl had told them that they should use professionals for the job, Cathy the one in charge didn't listen to her used students. Of course Sheryl is going to be crass with her when she is the customer whose order did not come out correctly. Not only that but she was right to be worried.

Also Sheryl isn't asian. Her mother is Mayan and her father seems french.

And something you need to remember is that Sheryl is also a civilian. Even if she had stayed at the concert hall what would have come out of it? Remember after the first wave of attack, Cathy grabbed her back stage so its not as if she had a choice to sit and wait. Also remember what Cathy said beforehand if anything happened to Sheryl it would have caused an intergalactic incident, which she was trying to avoid. The movie basically answers our question on what would happen if Sheryl stayed in the concert hall, and the answer is absolutely nothing, nothing would change, well Sheryl would just get injured but that's about it.

Also remember at the beginning of the series that Alto at the beginning of the series had a habit of assuming what could be done without really knowing whether or not something could be done.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:48   Link #2419
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
And something you need to remember is that Sheryl is also a civilian.
Only because she is civilian does not mean that she cannot help and that is the point what makes her looking so selfish (at the beginning).

Yes, you get hurt. But wounds heal. But isn't it better to have some wounds than having more persons dying because of taking no action or at least have them have a ride with the cab to the next shelter point?
Old 2011-03-07, 08:56   Link #2420
Irisiel

Quote:
Only because she is civilian does not mean that she cannot help and that is the point what makes her looking so selfish (at the beginning).

Yes, you get hurt. But wounds heal. But isn't it better to have some wounds than having more persons dying because of taking no action or at least have them have a ride with the cab to the next shelter point?
There is one very, very good reason why Sheryl should not stay on stage and direct the evacuation: Split and wavering authority.

Panicked people, lets face it, will followed the most assertive person (if they'll follow anyone at all), however, if that assertive person must always ask another person what to do in-between orders, their authority level decreases and chaos breaks out.

If Sheryl stayed and tried to help with the evacuation, people would be split between following/waiting for her orders and that of the security guards. That's why cabin personnel in planes are trained to be assertive, but also to say and do the same thing, in case of an evacuation.

Panicked people just can't cope that well with different orders at the same time.

Plus, it wasn't as if Cathy would let Sheryl stay in the building, and instead of creating a scene and potentially holding up the rest of the evacuation, Sheryl decided to follow a person who was trained/was supposed to know what she was doing.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters