AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-20, 11:47   Link #21
mrShady

Great chapter, lots of plot development and Oda has introduced an almost infinite (possible) story arcs and background stories with all these different groups.
With this chapter he really expanded on the once piece universe (which was already pretty broad for a shonen to begin with). Can't wait to read how things are going to turn out.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:17   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Doflamingo is taller than an admiral? That doesn't look consistent with how Oda has drawn the admirals before. Not a big deal, anyways.
Actually, Dofla has always been portrayed as insanely tall, even from his first appearance.
Since the Kuzan was around Brook's height, which is a whole 20cm shorter than Dofla, it's not really off.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:53   Link #23
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I personally found it more amusing that Kinemon was so jealous of his own son. Aren't fathers usually more supportive of their boys being popular with women?

And Doflamingo was a king eh? Well former one now. Of course this isn't the first time we've had royalty as an arc antagonist. (Wapol)

You do need to wonder just what is going through his mind right now though. It's hard to believe at the moment that Doflamingo would keep his word so easily, but then there may be more to his character than we realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
TThough something interessting: He is already back in Dressrosa, while the Strawhats were still shown to be in the open sea.
I think that can be chalked up to flight being a faster mode of travel than by ship. It didn't take Buffalo and Baby 5 long to get to Punk Hazard either.

Or the Strawhats and Law decided to stay out at sea until they got a confirmation on Doflamingo's course of action.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:54   Link #24
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It's probably be Kaidou calling so maybe we'll finally get to see the silhouette of the guy.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:03   Link #25
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
It's probably be Kaidou calling so maybe we'll finally get to see the silhouette of the guy.
Probably not,now that The Small One mentioned it,the Den Den Mushi has Law's hat on top :/

But i would expect something involving Kaidou in the next chapter.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:14   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Actually, Dofla has always been portrayed as insanely tall, even from his first appearance.
Since the Kuzan was around Brook's height, which is a whole 20cm shorter than Dofla, it's not really off.
Doflamingo is 10'0". Blackbeard is 11'3", which is basically twice as tall as Luffy's 5'7". Aokiji has been shown in the past as twice as tall as Luffy, which would put him around Blackbeard's height and thus taller than Doflamingo.

Oda isn't exactly the most consistent with sizes and proportions in this manga.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:49   Link #27
SeanQ

Where was it shown that Aokiji was twice as tall as luffy?
Old 2013-02-20, 14:03   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ See chapter 319. Hawkins, who's 210cm (7'0" basically), was depicted as basically half of Kizaru's height in Chapter 508, and we know the admirals are all more or less the same height. Like I said before, Oda isn't consistent with sizes and proportions in this manga.
Old 2013-02-20, 14:41   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The confusion at Dressrosa certainly makes one think if Doflamingo really did resign shichibukai status. Not to mention that he doesn't look concerned at all; quite the contrary, he looks totally calm. Perhaps this is a set-up to throw Law and the strawhats off. With everything that birdman has at stake, you'd expect him to have contingency plans.

Yeah, I said something similar last page. I very much doubt that he'll give up everything that easily..... Law even points out himself the enormous sacrifices that have to be made just to get back Caesar. That's why I'm led to believe that Dofla is just using the news article as a bluff to lure out Luffy and Law into a trap.... basically playing by Law's rules, in other words. Heck, the fact that the government has yet to react to the news of the alliances is a pretty big hint that those papers are most likely fabricated.......

Oh, and obligatory "MOMO FOR NAKAMA" post while I'm at it.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:21   Link #30
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-02-20, 15:38   Link #31
marvelB

^BTW, that reminds me: Kinemon certainly doesn't strike me as the world's best dad if he even gets jealous over HIS OWN KID'S good fortune.
Old 2013-02-20, 15:44   Link #32
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I only have one thing to say... DAMN YOU MOMO!
Old 2013-02-20, 16:09   Link #33
ellifeedn
Thinker

I bet whoever wrote that news story is part of the group that are able to get pictures for bounty posters without being noticed.

EDIT: Before I forget, I love how on Law's poster Bepo is in the same position as Usopp is on Luffy's poster.
Old 2013-02-20, 16:13   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^BTW, that reminds me: Kinemon certainly doesn't strike me as the world's best dad if he even gets jealous over HIS OWN KID'S good fortune.
Put yourself in Kinemon's shoes.
Old 2013-02-20, 16:51   Link #35
Rainbowman

How long ago did Doflamingo quit being a shichibukai? That would mean someone else would be taking his place if it hasn't been filled already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
One thing's for sure, Doflamingo isn't as tall as Kuma.
Old 2013-02-20, 17:17   Link #36
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

whoa, so Doflamingo arrived at Dressrosa already? While SH & Law was still trying to get there.

honestly, I've no idea what's the next arc will be about.

Maybe straight to Dressrosa, or maybe New World Version of "little garden" and "Drum Kingdom" before epic conclusion in Arabasta Dressrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
How long ago did Doflamingo quit being a shichibukai? That would mean someone else would be taking his place if it hasn't been filled already.
he just quit, not even a day passed since his resignation
Old 2013-02-20, 17:28   Link #37
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for Usopp and Bepo are pitiful:
Old 2013-02-20, 17:53   Link #38
rpgman1

In the newspaper, Law has a bounty now along with Luffy due to the alliance? That shouldn't be since Law is a Shichibukai. As for Momo, you lucky bastard ha ha! Things are finally heating up, but I think Dofla probably set a trap for them. He wouldn't give up everything he had built these past 10 years unless he has his own motives. I was surprised that Dofla was actually royalty.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:02   Link #39
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
In the newspaper, Law has a bounty now along with Luffy due to the alliance? That shouldn't be since Law is a Shichibukai. As for Momo, you lucky bastard ha ha! Things are finally heating up, but I think Dofla probably set a trap for them. He wouldn't give up everything he had built these past 10 years unless he has his own motives. I was surprised that Dofla was actually royalty.
Probably due to cooperating with Luffy.
Old 2013-02-20, 19:35   Link #40
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Law's bounty should be inactive atm right?

It's probably just the media trying to hype things out by putting their bounty side by side
(and I'm pretty sure Doflamingo is the one behind all of this)
Marine hasn't made any move yet, with regards to this matter or Doflamingo resignation