AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-25, 13:35   Link #61
Birdway
Banned

But never will act on that and be "nice" to him. Even if she shows a sign, it will derail to her usual self (NT series). No such things as improvement, just status quo.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:38   Link #62
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yet that is not exclusive to her. Zapped, constantly bitten on the head, slapped, have things thrown at him, even just in dialogue. She should not be singled out for it.

That is why I only count it when it gets serious, because that is actual development to me. She and others realize and appreciate what he does.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:41   Link #63
Birdway
Banned

To me Mikoto hasn't changed so far. She stills gets into other's problems but refuses those people's will to help and treats people the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark
That is why I only count it when it gets serious, because that is actual development to me. She and others realize and appreciate what he does.
Yeah, zapping him when he was injured wasn't serious? ...
Old 2014-04-25, 13:45   Link #64
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That's fine. I'll agree to disagree since I think she has and a lot more in store for her.

Also, she felt bad about that.
Old 2014-04-25, 13:48   Link #65
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
That's fine. I'll agree to disagree since I think she has and a lot more in store for her..
This is the fate of the tsundere type character Mikoto belongs to.

Quote:
Also, she felt bad about that.
Yeah, and she messed up again the very next volume lol.

So no, to me is like Mikoto's character and "mature" can't just go in the same line unless you put "can't", "didn't" or a "doesn't" in between .
Old 2014-04-25, 14:13   Link #66
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

No that one was justified. But no point in continuing since I think the exact opposite lol.
Old 2014-04-25, 17:46   Link #67
Birdway
Banned

Justified, not when it's against her own words from the previous volume(thus people calling its regresión).

Let's leave its here.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:21   Link #68
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Since it's out... thought I'd give some thoughts on it:

Spoiler for regarding Chapter 70:
Old 2014-04-27, 12:27   Link #69
Haigon

Inb4 it isn't Full Tuning and she'll be forever a SS2 teasing for Kamachi.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 12:39   Link #70
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That would suck. I'm betting on Will though.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:49   Link #71
Chosen_Hero

Jeez, some people just love to make a big deal about a situation, just one scene in NT where it was supposed to have a comedic effect and some people take it too seriously even when both characters involved state it was their own fault what happened.

I bet if another character did what Mikoto does she would be praised.
Old 2014-04-27, 12:50   Link #72
LG-MAX

Quote:
That would suck. I'm betting on Will though.
do you have any basis for this theory or is it just personal desire? always thought in Will as a "ghost".

Quote:
Very few people complain about the attitudes of Mikoto through history, in fact, for the vast majority of the public she is someone above good and evil,
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 13:12   Link #73
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Forget it, guys. just don't make it personal, at least.

And my basis is completely far fetched but given Dolly is a prototype. She ended up as a remnant and thought entity after dying of the Network. She has a very similar personality to Will.

Though Full-tuning is probably more realistic since
Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-27, 13:18   Link #74
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Forget it, guys. just don't make it personal, at least.

And my basis is completely far fetched but given Dolly is a prototype. She ended up as a remnant and thought entity after dying of the Network. She has a very similar personality to Will.

Though Full-tuning is probably more realistic since
Spoiler:
Where did you read the spoilers?
Old 2014-04-27, 13:22   Link #75
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You don't even believe your own words. People will be bitching even more if that was Index, heck some did for the Epilogue on NT when she complained about food .
Old 2014-04-27, 16:18   Link #76
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So, just to make it clear, I've believe that every girl with Touma is a psychopathic nutcase that tries to kill him, and he's super lucky he survives every time they attack. With the newest character that might join this is extremely obvious.

There are only a few that aren't completely terrible or ridiculous in some way to him. Index/Mikoto etc... are jerks. I've always felt more sympathy for him, then for them in those situations. Maybe, almost always...

I've just gotten used to how mean they are by now... But... honestly... I think much less highly of some of the female cast then I did before... (in terms of being a good match for Touma lol).

Yes, powerful tomboyish girls are usually best... but Tsundere usually goes too far for me... it's nice because when they are dere... it's "worth it" but you end up getting pissed off most of the time...

I just noticed this was a stupid post but anyway I think Mikoto was great, and then became... meh because of her fanbase being overly annoying and Kamachi reacting to that. I think Index in the books is much better than her portrayal in the anime, and she's improved but she's still meh. The only character who hasn't pissed me off yet is
Spoiler:

So we'll have to see... Touma's just way too nice for his own good... he should just leave some of those girls on the street after how they treat him after he constantly saves their lives, I swear to Othinus.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 16:47   Link #77
Miraluka
Banned

She was good to me once upon a time (just check my first posts in the character and anime thread) but after that it went downhills(to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway
You don't even believe your own words. People will be bitching even more if that was Index, heck some did for the Epilogue on NT when she complained about food .
People usually goes hatedom when there is character that stands in the way of your favorite ship. Example: Kazumi got so much hate from Shana's fans even if that "triangle" had no basis nor future ever to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv
Yes, powerful tomboyish girls are usually best... but Tsundere usually goes too far for me... it's nice because when they are dere... it's "worth it" but you end up getting pissed off most of the time...
There was at least one time where she was dere to Touma? Because when she usually is Touma is no where to be seen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So we'll have to see... Touma's just way too nice for his own good... he should just leave some of those girls on the street after how they treat him after he constantly saves their lives, I swear to Othinus.
And dumb, or maybe he is playing Kodaka here in the series?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 18:13   Link #78
Death Usagi
Banned

But Touma has friends
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:59   Link #79
zaeraal

Finally got to read the chapter.

It seems Shirai is out of question, as in mind-controlled by Misaki (it was indirectly stated).
Mitori had some sad past, but that was already expected.
The fact that she learned about Parameter List on a whim was a bit too much.. that should have been top classified information.
Given that they now go to a "certain institute" (about which Misaki didn't knew before examining Gensei), I can suppose they will soon meet the LU hostages.
Also Dolly was prototype for Sisters, therefore her first clone is most likely Full Tuning.

Anyway, it were nice 28 pages.
Now I wonder for how many chapters will the act last.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:01   Link #80
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Given that they now go to a "certain institute" (about which Misaki didn't knew before examining Gensei), I can suppose they will soon meet the LU hostages.
Wouldn't that pose a huge backslash on Railgun anime?