AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-20, 11:53   Link #81
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
How do you play Fate/Stay Night? Is it like...another one of those click and read games (like X-change) or is like....RPG? Action? Is the story spectacular or is it just lots of fight and very little H scenes? Is it licensed...? Would it be illegal if I asked where you find your copy?
I didn't play it myself but it seems like somewhat a combat h-game although I'm sure anyone who would have played it might tell you more and if I'm right or wrong
As for the links, they are not allowed, so you've got 2 choices : Buy it or search it yourself
Old 2004-06-20, 15:28   Link #82
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
All I gotta say about X-change is.......PART 1 SUCKED!! The way the H-scenes were displayed disgusted me especially the BUS scene.The artwork also didn't do it for me either. X-change 2 was alot better then part 1 in my opinion.In X-change 2 the artwork was a little better and their wasn't....too much Unnessecary H scenes and I actually liked how the story was told compared to part 1.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 01:40   Link #83
Saber
イバー

Quote:
How do you play Fate/Stay Night? Is it like...another one of those click and read games (like X-change) or is like....RPG? Action? Is the story spectacular or is it just lots of fight and very little H scenes? Is it licensed...? Would it be illegal if I asked where you find your copy?
Yep, click and read, so if u cant read Jap, it'd suck like hell.
Right again! 95% Combat+almost no H scenes.
Licensed huh...well of course it is.
Go look for it urself, but er...u may not be able to find it on Eng sites. ANyways, good luck ;P
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 01:57   Link #84
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Unfortunately I could never find the Tsukihime game....so i gave up and started to look for Fate/Stay Night.

It is highly unlikely that you will find a copy of Tsukihime (unless a CD image on the internet) since it was a doujin game. The actual Tsukihime game is hard to find even in Japan, and it sells for a whopping 30,000+ yen on Yahoo Auction now.

As for games, no I actually buy these games at my local Sofmap and stores in Akihabara. I can't help you where foreigners can buy their games that sells internationally, but some people in the past have suggested a place called himeyasoft and fromnippon.com
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 02:12   Link #85
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Never cared about Sakura or Rin in anyway, just totally loathed the scene that i had to kill Saber with my own hands, man that hurt that hell.
kj1980: sorry if i talk a retard, but what is a fan disk?
A fan disc is something like an append disc that many softhouses sell once they notice that a game has had tremendous success. Something as a "thank you" appreciation to fans, these special games are sold relatively cheap and have tons of extras and mini games, wallpapers, musics, and the like packed into a CD-ROM.

Some fan discs are hard to find since they only give those out to members of the softhouse fan members (which you can join for an annual fee).

Some fan discs are sold only as a limited edition at special conventions such as Comic Market.

And others are sold as regular ero-games in stores at a feasible price of 2000-4000 yen (whereas a normal ero-game can cost 6000-8800 yen).

What is inside the game varies from softhouse to softhouse. Some may give out a glimpse of the upcoming games (as Age did in "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Gaiden~ Akane Maniax - Nagareboshi Densetsu Gohda," which showed a preview of "MuvLuv"). Some softhouses pack several past games into one tremendous minigame (which Leaf is known for as they did in "Aruru to Asobo" which includes side stories, mini games, and tons of extras from "Routes," "Utawarerumono," and "Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu"). Or some softhouses just give a special scenario that people can play which maybe an after story of the game you've just played (as CIRCUS did in "D.C.~Da capo~ White Season")

Why did I say TYPE-MOON is probably working on a fan disc for "Fate/stay night?" Well, because of two reasons: they did that for "Tsukihime" when they were still a doujin group with the "fun" disc game titled "Kagetsu Touya," and two, because Mr. Nasu Kinoko apparently gave out hints that they are probably working on one in the results of the "favorite character poll" for "Fate/stay night" on their HP - "Man, I never knew Ilya would get such high ratings! Maybe in the fun disc, we'd have to put in her scenario that was cut off from the original game..."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-06-21 at 13:04.
Old 2004-06-21, 08:43   Link #86
Saber
イバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Man, I never knew Iria would get such high ratings! Maybe in the fun disc, we'd have to put in her scenario that was cut off from the original game...
o.O yada~ that girl's a demon...(Gomen to all Ilya fans, is it ILYA or IRIA?)
Hmm...if there really is going to be a fan disk, is it possible to get it on BT?
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 12:46   Link #87
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I LOVE ILYA (I think it's ILYA is on the official website)!!!! but then I'm not really that enthusiastic about an Ilya scenario...

on the topic of tsukihime, anyone has any idea what are the stories in the current games considered canon? Are Kagetsu Touya, Melty Blood and Melty Blood Re Act considered part of the official storyline in Tuskihime universe?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 13:16   Link #88
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Aside from probably every game ever made by KEY, I'd say some of my favorites are:

To Heart

Mizuiro
D.C.~Da Capo~
Kana~Imouto~
Kazoku Keikaku
Comic Party
Inagawa de Ikou!
Wind-a Breath of Heart-
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
MuvLuv
Phatom~Phantom of Inferno~

... and the list goes on ...

A some of my older favorites would be:

Custom Mate 3
Lovers
True Love
VR Date - May Club Gogatsu Kuchibi
Abunai Bunkasai
Ningyo -Rako-
Only You
Three Sister Story
Nocturnal Illusion
DiviDead

Ah, the glory days of the PC-98XX system... how I miss them. >.>;
With the remake of Lovers out I'll probably have something to do for a while.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 13:21   Link #89
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I LOVE ILYA (I think it's ILYA is on the official website)!!!! but then I'm not really that enthusiastic about an Ilya scenario...

on the topic of tsukihime, anyone has any idea what are the stories in the current games considered canon? Are Kagetsu Touya, Melty Blood and Melty Blood Re Act considered part of the official storyline in Tuskihime universe?
Ilya's full name is: Ilyasviel von Einzbern

Well actually, Ilya's scenario was originally in the story, but TYPE-MOON decided to cut it seeing that the game will become too long as it already was.

As for "Tsukihime universe," they are more likely to be considered to be part of Kinoko-world (the author's imaginative world). Hence they all revolve under Kinoko's definitions of "mahou" vs. "majutsu" and "mahoutsukai" vs. "majutsushi." You can say that most of TYPE-MOON (Kinoko/Takeuchi collaborations) all somewhat involve related characters. For example:

"Kara no Kyoukai novel" - notable references: Ryougi Shiki, Fujou Kirie, Aozaki Touko, Araya Souren

"Tsukihime" reference to above novel:
A. Nanaya family is similar to the Ryougi family that they both are clans that kill "things of un-human nature."
B. Kohaku and Hisui were brought over from the Fujou family to control Tohno family curse
C. Shiki's "sensei" who gave him his glasses is Aozaki Aoko - the younger sister of Aozaki Touko. While Touko couldn't become a "mahoutsukai," Aoko did.
D. Roa mentions in one part "that majutsushi 'Araya' " in one certain episode

Technically since Tsukihime's official end is Arcueid's "true end" in which she goes away (as seen in the anime as well) it isn't possible that "Kagetsu Touya," "MELTY BLOOD" and "MELTY BLOOD ReACT" actually falls into the timeline. As Mr. Kinoko explained, stories in Getcha (PLUS-DISC) and Kagetsu Touya is somewhat like an all inclusive storyline in which Shiki has gone through all the characters and all the stories. Yes, yes, I know that can't happen in real life, but it's more fun and you can do more that way.
Old 2004-06-21, 15:16   Link #90
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, what I'm really wondering is that will there be a consistent official timeline/chronology in the tsukihime universe/Kinoko-world... it seems there won't be one I guess... I've seen many fan-made consistent timelines (most with Arcueid staying) for fanfics and such but of course they are not official...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 16:06   Link #91
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I'm currently trying to beat VR Date - May Club Gogatsu Kuchibi..
I love ero-bishoujo games, though.. (is a closet pervert)
They're so cute. Nothing wrong with a girl liking hentai, is there?
One of my favourites was True Love. There was actual movement.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:42   Link #92
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I'm currently trying to beat VR Date - May Club Gogatsu Kuchibi..
I love ero-bishoujo games, though.. (is a closet pervert)
They're so cute. Nothing wrong with a girl liking hentai, is there?
One of my favourites was True Love. There was actual movement.
Heh.

I loved Custom Mate 3. You have to play an entire year (365 days) through the game and keep your wife happy without cheating on her. ^^; It seems easy until your boss says you won't get that raise you need so you can afford to eat lunch everyday unless you go drinking with him. Next thing you know your wasted and the ladies wont leave you alone. By far though, the best part is when you wife gets moody and makes you sleep on the couch.
Old 2004-06-21, 19:57   Link #93
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Heh.

I loved Custom Mate 3. You have to play an entire year (365 days) through the game and keep your wife happy without cheating on her. ^^; It seems easy until your boss says you won't get that raise you need so you can afford to eat lunch everyday unless you go drinking with him. Next thing you know your wasted and the ladies wont leave you alone. By far though, the best part is when you wife gets moody and makes you sleep on the couch.
Actually that is a real dillemma for Japanese salarymen. I can't count how many times I have had to go out drinking with my boss as part of "social duty" after work when I want to come home.

Like I said before, Japan is a crappy society when it comes down to what restrictions that your boss can place on you even after work - and if you refuse, you can be reprimanded and you have little say what to do. Mandatory overtime, mandatory "after hour" service and socialization with your co-workers, etc etc. And the same shit happens day after day. All I want to do is clock out at 5:00PM, return home, take a nice shower and relax. But no...my boss expects me to work well into 6-7PM, expects me and my co-workers to go out with him to drink and eat at the local izakaya, etc. etc. Why the fuck should I have to pay for beer (which I abhor since I hate barley) and food when I didn't want to come here in the first place? It's because I don't want to get fired nor reprimanded on my job.

Such things are one of the main reasons (other than I don't have any special someone) that I don't see myself being married anytime soon... I've seen my father come home drunk from work because he was forced to by his superiors while my mother was waiting past 11PM countless of times and it isn't a good sight to see.

Why do I keep on living this life? Perhaps, as I said before, is because I have an escape from reality - anime and ero-games.
Old 2004-06-21, 21:23   Link #94
DingoEnderZOE2

Whoa Kj1980 thank you for that detailed explanation on the faults of being a Salaryman in Japan. That was a new subject for me and I thought it was very Educational. By the way are those same rules you mentioned before the same for OfficeLadies(OL)?

And Custom Mate 3 sounds interesting.Could someone explain to me what its about and what its like? Any idea where I can get it?
Old 2004-06-21, 22:54   Link #95
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
And Custom Mate 3 sounds interesting.Could someone explain to me what its about and what its like? Any idea where I can get it?
"One night going home, you see a place called Custom Mate. Wondering what the store is, you walk in. In front of you appears this girl. You soon find out that this store is just like the name "custom mate". You can customize your mate. You choose what kind of girl you like: her hairstyle, her figure and even her "experience". You and your mate gets married and thus starts your life being married."

The basic premise of the game is very much different from most ero games. Instead of trying to sleep with as many women as possible, you have to remain faithful to your wife. If you stay out late drinking, she gives you the cold shoulder treatment. Forget to complement her too much and she becomes angry, etc. It's really quite different form most ero games out there in that it portrays you wife as a pleasant virtious woman and all the women who try to seduce you as cheap street walkers. Of course, it also helps that you determine your wifes appearence, age, personality, sexual experience, etc.

Don't misunderstand, this is still very much an ero game. It is possible to sleep with your wife nearly every night of the game... if she's in the mood. But there is a catch hidden within the statistic system of the game. Everyday there are certain things you must do to earn points. They could be things like telling your wife you'll be home late then suprising her by coming home early, saying she looks beautiful or even talking to her after dinner. These points build up her personality, temperment and tolerance. However, sleeping with her reduces these points and she can get very mad very quickly in the game. Of course, if you don't sleep with her for long enough she'll get desprite and offer herself to you.

Anyway, there is a very good review of the game here: http://www.densetsu.com/display.php?...e=alphabetical

Unfortunately, the game has been out of print for some time now and is very hard to find by conventional means. The most I can say is, good luck hunting.

[Edit: After some digging, it seems I still have the original game disks. Now I just have to see if they still work... ^^;]
Old 2004-06-21, 23:40   Link #96
Arwyn

Quote:
Actually that is a real dillemma for Japanese salarymen. I can't count how many times I have had to go out drinking with my boss as part of "social duty" after work when I want to come home.

Like I said before, Japan is a crappy society when it comes down to what restrictions that your boss can place on you even after work - and if you refuse, you can be reprimanded and you have little say what to do. Mandatory overtime, mandatory "after hour" service and socialization with your co-workers, etc etc. And the same shit happens day after day. All I want to do is clock out at 5:00PM, return home, take a nice shower and relax. But no...my boss expects me to work well into 6-7PM, expects me and my co-workers to go out with him to drink and eat at the local izakaya, etc. etc. Why the fuck should I have to pay for beer (which I abhor since I hate barley) and food when I didn't want to come here in the first place? It's because I don't want to get fired nor reprimanded on my job.

Such things are one of the main reasons (other than I don't have any special someone) that I don't see myself being married anytime soon... I've seen my father come home drunk from work because he was forced to by his superiors while my mother was waiting past 11PM countless of times and it isn't a good sight to see.

Why do I keep on living this life? Perhaps, as I said before, is because I have an escape from reality - anime and ero-games.

Wow, I guess thats the one thing thats the same no matter where you go. At least I never had to socialize with my boss after work. While you can get stuck working the crappy hours (exempt employee status SUCKS) your boss cant force you to hang out with him after hours. Hell my last boss would have liked it if we had, since we couldnt stand him.

But I'm in the same boat as you on the lifestyle thing. After getting laid off just before 9/11, I am working a job for 1/3rd of what I used to make, in a dying town in the middle of nowhere. So I to go for the anime/games route and contemplate where to find a woman that doesnt weigh 300 pounds or have 4 kids. (Note to you kids reading, 30ish and single sucks, you were warned!)

After finally trying some of the ero-games, I have liked most of the one I have tried, but its pretty obvious that to really get into the market, you must know Japanese, and where I am, thats not going to happen except by self-study.

I do find its interesting that the ero-games I have seen have so much tied up into the story and characters, which is NOT like most conventional games. Not that I dont think there have been good games here, but it is interesting to compare the focus on story vs flash that these two genres have.

As alienating and lonely as modern society is, it is surprising that these types of games havent been more popular here yet. I guess time will tell.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 10:18   Link #97
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:

While I know that that is the reality of the the situation, I found it somewhat humourous that a game designed to be an escape from reality would have such elements in it. It is like trying to escape from reality into reality itself; giving one a certain feeling of detachment from reality. While most games in the genre are designed to be fanciful escapes, this game was more realistic in the monotinous day to day chores you had to complete. In most games you don't have to worry about if you'll get a bonus during a month or if you'll have enough money to pay the bills, eat and still take your wife on that trip you promised her.

It's probably because of these things that I love the game so much. With the obvious exception of having your ideal woman, there is very little of the game that is fantasy.
Old 2004-06-24, 09:21   Link #98
roro

I tend to stay more leaf/aquaplus based.

*such the leaf fan-girl*
roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 23:05   Link #99
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinniku_man
Ummm... You know that posting pics like that are against the forum rules, right? Right?
Old 2004-06-27, 01:35   Link #100
DingoEnderZOE2

That was....inappropriate and unnessecary. And it completely goes againest what I was trying to talk about in this topic.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel