Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 20:49   Link #3141
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Square root of one minus two? Another form of writing it would be SQRT(1)-2.
Yeah. I think it is not a checkmark ✓ but a root √.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 06:36   Link #3142
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought about it as well, but it's a biology result, so a non-real number is not likely (square root of (1-2) ), if it's only square root of 1 then what's the point of square root 1, xD

My best guess is the result is: from 1 to 2 and it fit into a certain range, that's why it has that tick. But it seems not possible .....

Thank anyway. Do not chat much so thought it's one of those "teen abbreviation" (sometime i do not understand what my younger sister type when she chat with friend -_-')
Old 2009-09-05, 11:28   Link #3143
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Is there any company involved in making the commercials for LG?

I can't figure out anywhere if there is a specific company doing these things for any of the big cellphone companies
I don't know how cellphones are advertised in Europe, but, here in the US, the manufacturers rarely if ever advertise their phones directly to consumers. The manufacturers develop phones in concert with the carriers, and the carriers market them to consumers. Even Apple doesn't seem to spend much on advertising the iPhone; they let AT&T handle that.

That might change if the American regulatory agency, the Federal Communications Commission, introduces rules that would prohibit or limit device bundling in the wireless marketplace as we did earlier for wireline devices. I'm dubious whether they'll do something so drastic, though, even with a majority of Democrats on the Commission.

Nokia might advertise directly in Europe since they sell some other products. The only LG ads I see here are for consumer electronics like TVs and even those are pretty rare. Most LG advertising in the states is corporate PR in magazines that target engineers or executives.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:14   Link #3144
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
so in the states you rarely see a commercial on TV for the latest <LG/Nokia/ whatever phone brand> model?
atm we have commercials going for the LG <insert name> with the see through number pad, what we rarely see anything else made by LG all we see is cellphones

darn so basically when it comes to TV commercials does anyone know a random company that does these kind of assignments (Tv commercials for a product)? as long as the website is in English then its cool D:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:46   Link #3145
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Any1 have any idea what is this means? Any sort of ideas are welcomed

✓( a number) - another number

For example: ✓(1) -2

It support to be a result of something...
✓(marks obtained) - marks available?

ie. there are two possible marks for the question, you only met the criteria for one.

When you're dealing with small numbers it's hard to see it being any more complicated....
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 15:12   Link #3146
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
so in the states you rarely see a commercial on TV for the latest <LG/Nokia/ whatever phone brand> model?
atm we have commercials going for the LG <insert name> with the see through number pad, what we rarely see anything else made by LG all we see is cellphones

darn so basically when it comes to TV commercials does anyone know a random company that does these kind of assignments (Tv commercials for a product)? as long as the website is in English then its cool D:
You could try searching this particular website: AdForum.

It appears to have a large library of award-winning TV ads from around the world. Unfortunately, you need to be a subscriber to view the ads in its archive. However, it does list the names of a few ad agencies that created some of the commercials.

They include BBDO, McCann-Eriksson Worldwide and Brand Buzz, with regard to LG ads.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 15:52   Link #3147
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You could try searching this particular website: AdForum.

It appears to have a large library of award-winning TV ads from around the world. Unfortunately, you need to be a subscriber to view the ads in its archive. However, it does list the names of a few ad agencies that created some of the commercials.

They include BBDO, McCann-Eriksson Worldwide and Brand Buzz, with regard to LG ads.
thank you very much for the links =)
I really appreciate it
Old 2009-09-08, 18:11   Link #3148
Akat_Suki

Need help or info!

i am traveling to the USA soon and i am going to be staying there for a while so i thought about bringing my 4 hard discs with me, that contain my animations.
some are licensed and some are not but what i need to know is will i face troubles getting in there ?
Akat_Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 18:52   Link #3149
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akat_Suki View Post
i am traveling to the USA soon and i am going to be staying there for a while so i thought about bringing my 4 hard discs with me, that contain my animations.
some are licensed and some are not but what i need to know is will i face troubles getting in there ?
CBP directly prohibits:

Spoiler for list...:

That being said, laptops (and presumably external harddrives) are randmoly searched, and certain materials (like fansubbed licensed anime) are illegal in America.

I know you can register certain materials before you travel, so if you think you might have problems, you can visit their website before hand.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-08 at 19:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 19:00   Link #3150
Akat_Suki

thanks but,
can i get a more clear answer please,
and what is meant by:

Merchandise from Embargoed Countries
Game and Hunting Trophies
Trademarked and Copyrighted Articles
Old 2009-09-08, 19:08   Link #3151
james0246

^I edited my above text to include additional info.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 23:08   Link #3152
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Merchandise from Embargoed Countries
No Cuban cigars, for instance. The list of countries includes places like Iran and North Korea.

Game and Hunting Trophies
I'd leave that mounted lion head you collected from Africa at home.

Trademarked and Copyrighted Articles
I suppose if you were carrying a bag from Louis Vuitton as personal luggage you'd be fine; importing a crate of them would probably raise a few eyebrows.

As James says, all Japanese anime are copyrighted; whether they're licensed or not is irrelevant. If you brought along a legitimately purchased DVD or two, you'd probably be okay. In your case there's a good chance your hard drives would be impounded if searched. If you're lucky you probably wouldn't face more serious charges, but you never know, especially if your collection includes shows about teenagers engaging in sexual activities. My advice is to leave them all home.

The issue of travelers having the laptops and other media searched is a serious one. Businesses outside the US now equip travelling executives with clean laptops without any confidential information to avoid problems at the US border.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 04:42   Link #3153
Tiberium Wolf

Does anyone know a site with applet or alike that draws a 3d line given 2 points (x,y,z) coordinates in a x, y and z axis?
Old 2009-09-12, 12:10   Link #3154
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w38258982

silly question, I would like to know if anyone can make out what the button says
I'm not sure how yahoo auction works so I have some questions about it
when there is an auction does the page let you know if there are bidders for this product, I figured that you had a price of the product and that when you press the bid thing that this price would go up and would rise if more people would bid on it
Why my interest, it is a book I am interested in and someone was going to buy it from me however the bidding price stayed at the same amount the entire week it was on auction so now I am curious if it is visible on the auction site if people are bidding on it, is my theory right?
The auction has ended but does the page say anything about someone winning the auction or just that the auction has ended?
Old 2009-09-12, 17:37   Link #3155
Woopzilla
Desensitized

The grey button at the top just says 'Login' and beside it is asking for the winning bidder to login. The big brownish image says the auction is closed I think.

The price stayed the same because there seems to only be one bidder on the item.

But then again your japanese is probably as good as mine... I had similar worries 1 or 2 years ago when buying something. :S
Old 2009-09-13, 06:24   Link #3156
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
The grey button at the top just says 'Login' and beside it is asking for the winning bidder to login. The big brownish image says the auction is closed I think.

The price stayed the same because there seems to only be one bidder on the item.

But then again your japanese is probably as good as mine... I had similar worries 1 or 2 years ago when buying something. :S
alright, thank you for letting me know this
it eases my nerves XD
Old 2009-09-15, 12:53   Link #3157
Akat_Suki

ok since i am not going to take my hard disc to america is there a way to watch anime there ?
and is live stream videos legal,
thanks in advance
Old 2009-09-15, 14:15   Link #3158
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The issue of travelers having the laptops and other media searched is a serious one. Businesses outside the US now equip travelling executives with clean laptops without any confidential information to avoid problems at the US border.
Not just executives, also engineers and (software) developers... its not so much to avoid problems but to secure corporate know how and confidential information. For the engineer/executive/developer this procedure is very inconvenient because you have to access your data remote then (encrypted).
Old 2009-09-15, 14:27   Link #3159
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akat_Suki View Post
ok since i am not going to take my hard disc to america is there a way to watch anime there ?
and is live stream videos legal,
thanks in advance
There are a number of different streaming sites, some legal, some not.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 17:26   Link #3160
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

EDIT: Found it myself.

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Anju-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious