AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-04, 06:21   Link #3961
Kyuu
=^^=

http://www.chargers.com/news/article..._breaking_news

In the news: Chargers owner won't admit to the biggest mistake he made.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 08:28   Link #3962
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

article went poof o.o
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 09:06   Link #3963
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
article went poof o.o
Essentially the decision to keep Norv Turner and AJ Smith.
Old 2012-01-04, 22:18   Link #3964
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Essentially the decision to keep Norv Turner and AJ Smith.
I'm surprise they're keeping Norv. The AFC West isn't getting any worse and I could easily see SD missing the play-offs again next season.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:11   Link #3965
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Rex is a blabber mouth who is finally reaping what he sowed, but he was still right when he pointed out Norv Turner's shortcoming with a team as talented as SD. I bet Rex went the distance if Phillip River and Antonio Gates were playing for him.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 01:44   Link #3966
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'm surprise they're keeping Norv. The AFC West isn't getting any worse and I could easily see SD missing the play-offs again next season.
That's what I was thinking as well, given how disastrous this season was for The Raiders and The Chiefs, it will be very difficult for them to be worse in 2012 than they were this season.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:07   Link #3967
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Penn State has decided to cancel its athletics program, but not immediately. To oversee the cancellation, Penn State has hired New England offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, who will systematically run Penn State's football program into the ground over the course of several sub-.500 seasons with abysmal fan attendance. The resulting financial losses will necessitate the closure of all Penn State athletics programs after a few years. The plan is expected to be fool-proof and have a 100% chance of success.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 19:51   Link #3968
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Penn State has decided to cancel its athletics program, but not immediately. To oversee the cancellation, Penn State has hired New England offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, who will systematically run Penn State's football program into the ground over the course of several sub-.500 seasons with abysmal fan attendance. The resulting financial losses will necessitate the closure of all Penn State athletics programs after a few years. The plan is expected to be fool-proof and have a 100% chance of success.
Good. If they want any extra help burning the campus to the ground let me know. Any organization that harbored a monster like Sandusky should be jettisoned into a supernova.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:15   Link #3969
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Good. If they want any extra help burning the campus to the ground let me know. Any organization that harbored a monster like Sandusky should be jettisoned into a supernova.
You must subscribe to ESPN the Magazine if you make comments as ridiculous as that.

Old 2012-01-07, 02:49   Link #3970
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
You must subscribe to ESPN the Magazine if you make comments as ridiculous as that.
Perhaps you can elighten us all since we don't have those insider information!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:31   Link #3971
Kyuu
=^^=

OK, what manner of bullcrap is this? I mean, are you kidding me? A team can be crowned champion despite losing the championship game? BCS is crappy; but this sinks it even further...
Old 2012-01-07, 09:42   Link #3972
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK, what manner of bullcrap is this? I mean, are you kidding me? A team can be crowned champion despite losing the championship game? BCS is crappy; but this sinks it even further...
I don't follow college football, but I've never understood the notion that the BCS somehow produces a national champion. Without a real tournament, winning the so-called "national championship" game seems like a hollow victory to me.

And, other than people associated with LSU and Alabama, who really cares which of these schools is crowned "champion?"
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:33   Link #3973
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Perhaps you can elighten us all since we don't have those insider information!
Yes, everyone in the organization harbored a child molester. We're all guilty. It wasn't just a couple administrators who everyone hated with which to begin. The entire University deserves to be punished and everyone associated with it should suffer.

Old 2012-01-07, 15:16   Link #3974
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

The enviroment here in Houston is amazing first playoff game since 1993 going to habe a hard time getting out the arena.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:33   Link #3975
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Never read it so I wouldn't know what point you're trying to make. What I can say is, you're coming off as whining about your stupid sports program that was integral in the complete destruction of several young children's lives. So yeah, not everyone was guilty, but am I going to bat an eyelash if they completely dismantled the sports program for a few years? Nope, I'd applaud a prudent decision so as to respect the children who had their lives ruined by that monster. Sometimes, you know, children's lives weigh a bit more heavily than "WE ARE... PENN STATE..."

Besides, that's not even what they're doing, they just decided to hire a non Penn-state (aka sleazeball college) alum. Which, if you stopped your fanboyism for a lil bit, you'd also realize is a prudent and sensitive decision following the worst scandal, arguably, in the history of sports.

So yeah, take a few years off, that would be nice. Those kids will never get their unsullied futures back.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:19   Link #3976
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Never read it so I wouldn't know what point you're trying to make. What I can say is, you're coming off as whining about your stupid sports program that was integral in the complete destruction of several young children's lives. So yeah, not everyone was guilty, but am I going to bat an eyelash if they completely dismantled the sports program for a few years? Nope, I'd applaud a prudent decision so as to respect the children who had their lives ruined by that monster. Sometimes, you know, children's lives weigh a bit more heavily than "WE ARE... PENN STATE..."

Besides, that's not even what they're doing, they just decided to hire a non Penn-state (aka sleazeball college) alum. Which, if you stopped your fanboyism for a lil bit, you'd also realize is a prudent and sensitive decision following the worst scandal, arguably, in the history of sports.

So yeah, take a few years off, that would be nice. Those kids will never get their unsullied futures back.
I cannot even begin to describe how ignorant you are. How the heck do you get off blaming a family of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people between students, staff, faculty, and alumni over the acts of just a few people?

I am very disappointed in McQueary's apparent lack of action, but no one can say they'd have done differently in his shoes. Sociological studies shows that what people say they'd do and what they actually do in traumatic situations are FAR different things. I am also disappointed in Joe Paterno for what I think may have been a moral (but not legal) failing on his part It does not change, however, what he did for this town and this University. He will always be loved for the incredible amount of good he did.

I am beyond livid with the actions of Curley, Schultz, and Spanier. They were the ones who really covered this up. (Okay, I take that back, in part; from a law student's perspective, McQueary seems more likely to be the one who's lying and Curley, Schutlz, and Spanier may actually be telling the truth, at least with regards to their Perjury charges).

Sandusky doesn't even deserve mention. I'm sure he won't be living much longer, whether at the end of his own hand or by someone else, as child molesters aren't treated particularly well in American prisons.

But what you're saying is a truckload of ignorance. You are blaming hundreds of thousands of people for something about which they had no idea until the entire public knew. Why does the University deserve to burn to the ground, along with the livelihoods of many? How was the sports program "integral" to the complete destruction of several lives? I must have missed the part where players were involved or the tens of staffers in the Athletic Department who, like you and I, only found out about this via the news a few months ago.

How the hell are all hundreds of thousands of us alumni sleazeballs? What about the millions of dollars PSU alums have raised for child abuse charities since the news broke (not to mention the millions of dollars we raise every year for pediatric cancer research)? Or the tens of thousands of people who attended the candle-light vigil for the victims the Friday after this scandal broke? They're all sleazeballs in your broken mind.

You are an amazingly ignorant person, or just a very effective troll for whose bullcrap I have fallen very hard.

***BREAK***

Now, this is a football topic. So let's get back to it.

People who watch the NFL more than I do... what are your opinions on O'Brien? I am not impressed.

Old 2012-01-07, 16:34   Link #3977
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

donations are tax write offs, just saying.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:40   Link #3978
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I know nothing about O' Brien. All I know is that every New England Patriot assistant coach that have tried to take off on their own, whether it be NFL or college, have failed. Don't really understand why anyone bothers with them anymore.

The Army All-American Game took place today, I watched to see where Barry Sanders Jr. will go, he went to Stanford. I wonder if he knows that Andrew Luck won't be there anymore?

Also:

Lol
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:40   Link #3979
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Personally I watch most of all the pats game and i don't see what was so special about O'Brien he seems like another product of Bill and Brady's system and talen like Josh McDaniels.

But where there any other option since the boise coach resigned and Munchak was worried if he should leave The Titans.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 18:12   Link #3980
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

damn, JJ Watts with two big plays before the end of the half O_O

- interception ran in for a TD
- sacked Dalton to end the first half

Tags
american football, sports