AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-12-30, 09:43   Link #21
Slayerx

Y'know i can't help but feel like knuckle duster is what you would get if you took batman, but took away the wealth. No wealth means no fancy training, no advance education, and no high tech gadgets. Just raw, improvised brute force

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
we also got new news about the MCs quirk
his quirk isnt limited to only bike-speed,
he could go a lot faster but he must limit himself because of injuries, he doesnt have a brake afterall
but the more i see of this quirk the more i think it could become a really useful one,
rescue-operations would be possible even on flaming skyscrapers,
and in close range fights the user would need to train his body into agile movements with strong hits, and since "only" 3 points are needed to activate this quirk it shouldnt be impossible to only use ones legs for it,

actually, in a healthy persons foot soles there can also 3 points be created, it would be hard to keep ones balance but with training and experience it should be possible to make this unflashy support-type quirk into a really hard-to-deal weapon
I'm just wondering why taking a knee would not work. Knee and two feet creates three points of contact and it would allow the MC to keep his hands free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
and here the detective and his cat wATSON also made his appearance here, he mentioned "improptu villain" is that organization name or villain classification?
Classification. Impromptu, as in improvised. Its the term they are using to describe the drug users. They are individuals who were not considered villains, but suddenly became villains after they went mad on drugged up power.
Old 2016-12-30, 10:54   Link #22
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I'm just wondering why taking a knee would not work. Knee and two feet creates three points of contact and it would allow the MC to keep his hands free.
agree, the only explanation is can think of is that the MC would be far less "stable" and that he would be less aerodynamic with a straight upper body
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 13:10   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know i can't help but feel like knuckle duster is what you would get if you took batman, but took away the wealth. No wealth means no fancy training, no advance education, and no high tech gadgets. Just raw, improvised brute force
I've been thinking for a while that Knuckle is to Batman what All Might is to Superman.
Old 2017-01-14, 15:46   Link #24
LevelSeven

ch 4

yup, the MCs quirk is actually quite a convenient power, i would even say more convenient to have than some of the class A powers

we got another drug-villian, it was a slimy hardcore fan

there was cyclops and wolverine wannabe cameo too, and interestingly cyclops-wannabe is actually quite powerful he actually seems more powerful than the navel-laser-boy from class a at least from the size of their beams >_>

in any case, we saw popstars real self too, she is a super plain school girl

the old man has a proper job and he looks more or less like a midthirty average guy

PS: kind of hard college life the MC has
Old 2017-01-14, 18:37   Link #25
Twi

He does not look 19, but I guess it's easier to explain why he's out late at night compared to a High School student. And clearly Pop-Step's true Quirk is how she goes from normal to pop-star.
Old 2017-01-14, 20:02   Link #26
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah I'm starting to enjoy this series more and more. Granted it's still starting, but I prefer this kind of atmosphere.
Old 2017-01-15, 01:17   Link #27
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

That pent house really suspicious as heck, the abandoned apartment probably inhabited by homeless and ghost.
I am starting to enjoy this too, vigilante is not failed to the purpose to tell the live of civilians who walk the path of vigilante.
I am glad we see again the wolvy and cykes cameo it seem the author take my cup of tea to make them as recurring side characters.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 13:43   Link #28
Slayerx

Our wanna-be hero's first instinct to seeing an invader in his home? Call 911 XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ch 4
in any case, we saw popstars real self too, she is a super plain school girl
I thought she had an adorably mousey appearance
Honestly want to see her school life just to see how she behaves around people normally

Quote:
the old man has a proper job and he looks more or less like a midthirty average guy
Ya, i wonder about that. Probably doesn't pay much given how often he steals other people's food
Old 2017-02-11, 22:30   Link #29
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Chapter 5
- And here we have our villain to be introduced finally, things looking bad the poor boy with the insect girl now. I hope she will not dispose him.
- AM, Endeavour, Midnight and pro heroes made their appearances here
Old 2017-02-12, 04:49   Link #30
LevelSeven

ch5

nice chapter, didt even realise it was out

koichi and co have a slice-of-life chapter,

and we get to see a person that claims to a "part time villian", her power is to release bees from her left eye (yes, creepy) and they contain the drug that increases ones quirk,

she uses it on some people who than get beaten to a mess by pro-heroes (seemed rather rushed, i thought pro-heroes would think a bit more before hitting people :/),

and right before wolverine was about to be hit knuckleduster catches the bee and smashes it (which seems to hurt the user quite a bit),

all in all a nice chapter, the plot is rather well build up

PS: im not the only one who roots for a anime right? obviously we wont get one right now but maybe summer 2018 (if this arc is over) we could get this animated (and since this plays way before AM lost his powers AND before ingenium lost his legs we can already be sure that there wont be any spoilers about future events in this series)
Old 2017-02-12, 10:27   Link #31
Twi

Is it me, or did they age the characters up artificially? I mean, they call that guy from the last chapter a kid despite being 19 according to his file. He looks like he's borderline 10. All of them look young as Deku.

And the heroes basically attack everyone before actually confirming they're villains. I mean, they just popped up. Oh man, that's going to be a PR nightmare.
Old 2017-02-12, 11:44   Link #32
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Is it me, or did they age the characters up artificially? I mean, they call that guy from the last chapter a kid despite being 19 according to his file. He looks like he's borderline 10. All of them look young as Deku.
that boy was 19??
holy ****, guess a part of his quirk makes im age slower
Quote:
Oh man, that's going to be a PR nightmare.
so true!!
i thought that too but i dont think we will get to see the aftereffects of their fast "hit than talk"
Old 2017-03-12, 00:41   Link #33
Twi

New chapter of Vigilantes is out. Leaving aside Crawler's progressive ideas (I mean, I have nothing against the kink but actively stealing them off women?), Knuckleduster's pretty good alright.
Old 2017-03-12, 02:11   Link #34
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Nobody want to bother the trio perverts
Spoiler for LOL:

At first i thought they were power ranger cameo XD, this manga just getting interesting since they are approaching hero society aspect and i am glad it not fail to not disappointing.
Now then this chapter confirmed the bee girl has a comrades in arm, judging from the conversation the villain could be villain organization, my thought was Overhaul at first but for sake world expand i want to think for other possibility likes mad scientist.
About time we see that villain archetype now.
Old 2017-04-10, 18:57   Link #35
Twi

Just updated. Remember Iida's brother who got manhandled by Stain and crippled? He's in this chapter pre-Stain.
Old 2017-04-11, 13:01   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Man, fucking Stain. Couldn't he have found an actually horrible hero? Ingenium's a great guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 14:04   Link #37
Twi

Yeah, that was a blunder on Stain's end. At least we can firmly place the story pre-Festival now.
Old 2017-04-11, 22:10   Link #38
Wandering Soul

There might have been a few heroes that Stain was right about, but Ingenium definitely wasn't one of them.
Old 2017-04-12, 10:31   Link #39
Slayerx

It actually is nice for vigilante to give us some characterization for Ilda's brother. Granted he technically shouldn't really be encouraging vigilantism

Ya i've been wondering why Stain might have targeted Ingenium. My guess would be merchandising. With his multiple sidekicks and large support team, Ingenium's operation would probably cost a lot more than other heros. The best way he could pay for this would be through merchandising. Turn himself and his sidekicks into toys, endorsing products, etc. That kind of blatant merchandising could easily lead to Stain believing he was an impure hero. Basically, Stain mistook him for a hero who desired fame and fortune. Now granted, All Might did the same thing, but that could lead us into the nit picks. I mean All Might is so popular that it seems like he could live like a rock star, but he seems to have a more humble life style. If i had to guess his heroic nature would lead to him donating the lion's share of what he might make through merchandising... Another possibly could be that Ingenium's side kicks might not be as upstanding as he is. The fact that Ingenium associates himself with them and keeps them around would reflect poorly on him

On a different note, i'm actually disappointed that nothing came up from the heroes beating up all those people in the earlier chapter. I was sure the fact that beat up a bunch of people who were not actually villains but civilians who lost control of thier powers was gonna into some kind of PR nightmare.
Old 2017-04-12, 21:01   Link #40
Twi

There's nothing you said that I didn't agree with. Stain could be only looking at it from a surface level.