AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-23, 07:09   Link #5561
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
What are you talking about? Many fans actually praised Rudiger of how incredible his tactics was against Issei's team.
Not on here but somewhere else I saw people railing against Issei losing that match.

But as with most MCs, people tend to praise Issei way too much and tend to look down on others by using Issei as a measuring point. Rias tends to get degraded a lot by people doing that. First, It's how her team stands no chance against Issei's despite their teams being largely equal in strength. Still people were acting as if Rias had entirely no chance to win. Then Rias isn't a tactical fighter and using Issei as a comparison despite Rias barely having any fights in the series that have been fully shown. Now It's how Rias fell into Ravel's hands despite not having all of the details on the match and acting like there weren't any mistakes on Issei's part or anything. Just because Rias lost the match doesn't really mean she made a whole lot of mistakes and Rabel' s plan worked perfectly.

People tend to use Issei to really degrade Rias, even doing it indirectly.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 07:57   Link #5562
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Not on here but somewhere else I saw people railing against Issei losing that match.

But as with most MCs, people tend to praise Issei way too much and tend to look down on others by using Issei as a measuring point. Rias tends to get degraded a lot by people doing that. First, It's how her team stands no chance against Issei's despite their teams being largely equal in strength. Still people were acting as if Rias had entirely no chance to win. Then Rias isn't a tactical fighter and using Issei as a comparison despite Rias barely having any fights in the series that have been fully shown. Now It's how Rias fell into Ravel's hands despite not having all of the details on the match and acting like there weren't any mistakes on Issei's part or anything. Just because Rias lost the match doesn't really mean she made a whole lot of mistakes and Rabel' s plan worked perfectly.

Rias doesn't just get compared to Issei dude but also other characters. As a tactician It's widely known that Sona is a better than Rias. And Ravel, who only started to show her worth in Volume 22 onward has shown better tactical skills than Rias despite Rias having far more screen time than both.

People favored Issei's team would win not only because of their team's performance but also Issei arc is more important to the story than Rias.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 09:39   Link #5563
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:

But she never really had a chance to win. She was never going to win the match. The author himself stated he was going to view the main stage of the tournament through Issei and Vali's matches.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 10:36   Link #5564
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
But she never really had a chance to win. She was never going to win the match. The author himself stated he was going to view the main stage of the tournament through Issei and Vali's matches.
That's really pretentious though for anyone that's not the author to say. That's like saying Diehauser had no chance to win against Zeno. It's fine to make predictions but to say one team has entirely no chance to win when you have entirely no proof of such an assertion is really pretentious.
Old 2018-12-23, 10:43   Link #5565
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

The author pretty much said it himself, is what I'm saying. Hell he's pretty much hinted at Issei vs Vali will be the final if your paying attention.
Old 2018-12-23, 11:46   Link #5566
Lucidrago

Quote:
The author pretty much said it himself, is what I'm saying. Hell he's pretty much hinted at Issei vs Vali will be the final if your paying attention.
He never really did that though.
Old 2018-12-23, 12:01   Link #5567
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

For 20 plus volumes he has been building up a big Issei vs Vali fight what are you talking about? He put Issei on one side of the bracket and Vali on the other. He said the main stage of the tournament will be viewed through Issei and Vali's matches? The clues, hint, etc are right in your face. I know you like to complicate thinks, but this is shonen a series it's really not hard to see what's going on.
Old 2018-12-23, 13:34   Link #5568
Lucidrago

Quote:
For 20 plus volumes he has been building up a big Issei vs Vali fight what are you talking about? He put Issei on one side of the bracket and Vali on the other. He said the main stage of the tournament will be viewed through Issei and Vali's matches? The clues, hint, etc are right in your face. I know you like to complicate thinks, but this is shonen a series it's really not hard to see what's going on.
That doesn't equate to the finals being Issei vs Vali. There's going yo be the legendary fight between the 2 Heavenly Dragons but there's no proof It's going to happen in the Azazel Cup is what I'm saying.

Unless you have 100% evidence or a statement from Ishibumi making a statement about Issei vs Vali being the finals match, you're just making a prediction.
Old 2018-12-23, 13:43   Link #5569
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
Since Rias team lost to both of the Heavenly Dragon, which one do you think her team performed best against?
Difficult to say until we read the full translation but from the spoilers looks like she fared better against Vali.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 13:56   Link #5570
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
That doesn't equate to the finals being Issei vs Vali. There's going yo be the legendary fight between the 2 Heavenly Dragons but there's no proof It's going to happen in the Azazel Cup is what I'm saying.

Unless you have 100% evidence or a statement from Ishibumi making a statement about Issei vs Vali being the finals match, you're just making a prediction.
Well of course it's a prediction when did I say it was fact. Unlike you I stand behind my predictions, I don't just say stuff to be on the other side of the argument because it might become a echo chamber
Old 2018-12-23, 14:09   Link #5571
XFire
150% done

Personally predicting Issei vs Vali in the finals, with Issei taking the win as champion. A vanilla ending to be sure, but at this point the odds are enough against him for a win to be a subversion of expectations.
Old 2018-12-23, 14:21   Link #5572
Lex79

I personally want Issei to win the tournament. If in the future is going to fight beings stronger that Great Red, it's time for him to be crowned as the strongest.
Old 2018-12-25, 02:41   Link #5573
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I personally want Issei to win the tournament. If in the future is going to fight beings stronger that Great Red, it's time for him to be crowned as the strongest.
Only really 3 beings we're talking about that are stronger than Great Red.

And being a king and winning Rating Games is very different from being very strong as an individual. For example, Balberith is a Super Devil and has the potential to fight a Dragon God. Does that make him a good king that will manage to win Rating Games which is a whole other game compared to fighting one-on-one battles?
Old 2018-12-25, 04:56   Link #5574
Lex79

More reasons for Issei to win, since the story is pushing him to become not only a very strong fighter but also a capable leader.
Old 2018-12-25, 06:47   Link #5575
Lucidrago

Quote:
More reasons for Issei to win, since the story is pushing him to become not only a very strong fighter but also a capable leader.
Still pushing him to defeat others who surpass 'capable leader' status is far-fetched for someone who only just became a king like half a year ago. That's like saying that Issei should be able to defeat Great Red after a year of training.
Old 2018-12-25, 07:32   Link #5576
Lex79

Quote:
Still pushing him to defeat others who surpass 'capable leader' status is far-fetched for someone who only just became a king like half a year ago. That's like saying that Issei should be able to defeat Great Red after a year of training.
We are talking about a guy who went in one year from being a normal perverted student to being able to defeat chief gods. Becoming a good leader in a few months pales compared to that.
Old 2018-12-25, 07:38   Link #5577
B214

Quote:
We are talking about a guy who went in one year from being a normal perverted student to being able to defeat chief gods. Becoming a good leader in a few months pales compared to that.
There's the thing call limitation too, if you don't put a halt at one point then things would get out of control. Would you call it a good thing if Ise's next servant turn out to be more powerful than Ingvild, then the following servant would be more powerful than the previous one and so on.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 07:40   Link #5578
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
Since Rias team lost to both of the Heavenly Dragon, which one do you think her team performed best against?
Against Vali.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 08:42   Link #5579
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
There's the thing call limitation too, if you don't put a halt at one point then things would get out of control. Would you call it a good thing if Ise's next servant turn out to be more powerful than Ingvild, then the following servant would be more powerful than the previous one and so on.
I already think that Ingvild is a bit too overpowered, so no, I don't want even more powerful girls to appear. But Issei is the main character of a battle series, he is supposed to be the strongest or at the very least among the strongests by the end.
Old 2018-12-25, 09:05   Link #5580
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I understand what you are saying (and I agree with you), but people have different opinions about what "is too much" or what is the "limit" in this series. When I told my opinion that Kiba reaching a speed similar to a Heavenly Dragon in a year and a half of training "is too much," some people disagreed with me (and some even attacked me). Ishibumi has 3 arguments that allow him to develop the power of the characters as much as he wants.

1- SG develop according to the user's emotions and desires.
2- Those who live together with the Heavenly Dragons develop in unexpected ways.
3- Heavenly Dragons attract powerful people.

Using these 3 arguments he can make the characters as powerful as he want without any limit, and many fans have accepted these arguments long ago, so he will hardly be able to do something that the DxD community will generally say "wait, that's too much". He really does not have a "limitation" on what he can do.

Last edited by Palmito; 2018-12-25 at 09:25.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote