AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-09, 16:30   Link #881
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wondering why the whiners are still watching maybe.
Hehe...

I have no problems with the pace of the show and I don't mind the "lack" of action. I'm just enjoying "To Aru Majutsu no Index". I like the dialogues and I like the plot, that doesn't just start with the first episode, then we see 20 episodes of filler and the last two episodes give us the conclusion like most other animes.

Episode 6 was fantastic. The fight was well animated and if you remember the preview of episode 6, then Touma running for such a log time to reach Index isn't so illogical. "St. George's Sanctuary has created an infinite amount of distance between me and Index. But just one more step... if I can take one more step I will definitely reach her!".

The scene between Touma and Index in the hospital was really heart-touching.
Old 2008-11-09, 17:08   Link #882
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wondering why the whiners are still watching maybe.
There is nothing wrong with complaining, you know? This is a discussion forum. Nothing much to discuss if everyone only agrees. People complain because there is something to be pointed out. You might not think it was a problem, they did. And not everyone has the policy of stop watching an anime because they find something wrong.
Well, in the first place, there is something wrong with basically telling people to stop complaining or don't watch... Look through the Nogizaka Haruka thread. There were several pages focused on people watching anime/complaining.
If you find people saying negative things about the anime you like so annoying, a fanclub or somewhere like that is a better place to look... Peop

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-09, 17:30   Link #883
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There is nothing wrong with complaining, you know? This is a discussion forum.
It's one thing when people complain about a show, it's another when after six weeks, the same people are still saying the same thing even though they're watching the same show.
Old 2008-11-09, 17:52   Link #884
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Found this fandub on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_wkDvOImY

For a fandub, this is very good and at first i thought it was Yuri Lowenthal that was dubbing it. Now i wish they did Misaka voice too.
Old 2008-11-09, 18:36   Link #885
Zippicus

I was liking this show a lot more before the dreaded amnesia reared it's ugly much overused head, but I'll stick around to see how it plays out for a while.
Old 2008-11-09, 19:53   Link #886
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, so I'm complaining, if anything, I'd try to refute or counter their so called reason for hating the show. My idealology here is that I really got into the manga, and the anime isn't satisfying me as much. Yes, I prefer the manga version over this one, but that doesn't mean that every episode or every arc is gonna be like that. Also, those who liked the manga know that the next anime arc isn't in it, so we'd at least stick around to check that out.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:17   Link #887
rg4619

Quote:
It's one thing when people complain about a show, it's another when after six weeks, the same people are still saying the same thing even though they're watching the same show.
I think what bothers fans most isn't what's said, but rather how it's said.

Few mind if someone criticizes an episode or show. However, what's potentially annoying is when week after week, they portray themselves as being on an intellectually superior level, whether it's by repeatedly hammering the same points like a broken record, making disparaging remarks about the staff, or implying that fans are somehow dumb or lacking in taste by liking it (opinion expressed as truth or pseudo-intellectual discussions on a staff's ability). Occasionally, we get cases of clear narcissism (i.e. Nodame 2 + Key/KyoAni threads).

Ultimately, I don't think there's any point worrying about it though, as that's the nature of any discussion forum. IMO, things are relatively good here.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:29   Link #888
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If the same problems exist and create the reason for the same complaints, then OK. Mah, personally, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I think what bothers fans most isn't what's said, but rather how it's said.

Few mind if someone criticizes an episode or show. However, what's potentially annoying is when week after week, they portray themselves as being on an intellectually superior level, whether it's by repeatedly hammering the same points like a broken record, making disparaging remarks about the staff, or implying that fans are somehow dumb or lacking in taste by liking it (opinion expressed as truth or pseudo-intellectual discussions on a staff's ability). Occasionally, we get cases of clear narcissism (i.e. Nodame 2 + Key/KyoAni threads).

Ultimately, I don't think there's any point worrying about it though, as that's the nature of any discussion forum. IMO, things are relatively good here.
Yes, it's pretty good here. There have been complaints, but I don't recall anyone going overboard like that.

Rather, we should soon focus more on this anime on this thread. Not this non-ending battle over whiners and the ones who whine over them. It's not exactly a pleasant topic either, yes?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-09, 20:34   Link #889
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yes, let's get back to wondering why we have this dude floating upside down in a tank orchestrating things. I'm guessing the upside-down part is for the lulz. It must get boring in that room. I didn't see a television, but maybe They only roll one in when he has been on his best behavior.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:47   Link #890
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
oooo did the anime just break apart from the manga at the end there?
Old 2008-11-09, 20:50   Link #891
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Yes, let's get back to wondering why we have this dude floating upside down in a tank orchestrating things. I'm guessing the upside-down part is for the lulz. It must get boring in that room. I didn't see a television, but maybe They only roll one in when he has been on his best behavior.
You know, if we see that guy the right way up, i'm not going to be very happy.

He is up side down-kun, and he better stay like that.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:54   Link #892
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
oooo did the anime just break apart from the manga at the end there?
It's been said before: the manga skips the entire second novel (or something like that).
Old 2008-11-09, 20:55   Link #893
NakedAngelX

Such a good show is being ruined by the way they animated it

First half of this episode is ridiculous

First Toma talked for 4 minutes straight while holding Index's dragon breath lol....
Then index shot down a bloody satellite.
Then Toma ran for about 20 seconds in a 6m wide room to reach Index xD

Cut Cut!!
Fire Toma and Hire Mikoto!!
Old 2008-11-09, 21:12   Link #894
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

If you think of the show as a comedy everything makes sense and your enjoyment factor will increase x10.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:18   Link #895
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to try and avoid the discussion about people complaining about complainers and the complainers complaining about the complainers complaining about their complaining....

Overall I'm enjoying the series and that's enough for me. Besides not a problem for me to ignore those complaining. I feel bad for the satellite. Just flying around minding its own business, and then that's the end for it . Clearly anyone that happens to by flying over that city has to take extreme caution. Magical blasts, lightning storms, and god only knows what else might end up taking you down.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:31   Link #896
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm going to assume that st. george Sanctuary can also distort space/time like in the manga to extend the distance.

The other alternative is that because JC Staff wants to show off Necklace's ability to adapt it's magic to counter any other magic; So during that entire phase, it wasn't done in real time.

...Which doesn't sound as cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I was liking this show a lot more before the dreaded amnesia reared it's ugly much overused head, but I'll stick around to see how it plays out for a while.
It's not amnesia my friend, Touma's brain cells were completely destroyed. There is no getting them back.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:44   Link #897
NakedAngelX

Episode 1 is the best so far for me, i only read a couple vols of manga. And it seemed a lot better, guess cause it gives you unlimited imagination haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to try and avoid the discussion about people complaining about complainers and the complainers complaining about the complainers complaining about their complaining....
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Old 2008-11-09, 21:54   Link #898
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Episode 1 is the best so far for me, i only read a couple vols of manga. And it seemed a lot better, guess cause it gives you unlimited imagination haha.
Well imo, ep 1 was very well balanced, it had the comedy, a bit of drama, and some action, and most importantly, Mikoto. It didn't do any one thing too long, and that's really the shows biggest weakness.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:14   Link #899
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.6:

this show needs to have some Mikoto and co. next episode.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:38   Link #900
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

this needs its own thread
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen