Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 09:57   Link #1
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Hanayuko Maids Tai La Verite Discussion

Consider this article (from AnimeonDVD):

Another Geneon License? (07:00 AM EST): Add this one to the potential category along with Koikaze and Tenjou Tenge as irc regular Star Creator has found out that Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite, which just started airing (and appears to be a remake of the first series according to some who've seen it) lists Geneon Entertainment (USA) in the production credits both in the opening and closing sequence. As said with the other two titles, this does not guarantee that Geneon USA will pick it up but it's in the highly-likely category.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 12:08   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Geneon does a lot of animation and production, just like bandai
there's a lot of stuff done by bandai visual in japan that ADV or Geneon have in the states for instance, and stuff by pioneer (now geneon) is held by a number of companies
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 12:39   Link #3
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Geneon does a lot of animation and production, just like bandai
there's a lot of stuff done by bandai visual in japan that ADV or Geneon have in the states for instance, and stuff by pioneer (now geneon) is held by a number of companies
Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite, Koi Kaze and Tenjou Tenge are all co-produced by Geneon USA per OP/ED credit, not just Geneon. So, there you go...
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:21   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Correct. It's not like it just mentioned Geneon Entertainement as for example they
did with Tsukihime. The thing is they specifically mention the ~USA part.

To bad though it's licensed already, I wanted to see at least 1-2 eps of it to see how
much different or similar it is. I guess I'll have to wait...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 18:06   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Damn no fair. I wanted to see a few eps of it also.
Old 2004-04-05, 23:26   Link #6
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
It's already licensed?
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 02:48   Link #7
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

oh well...hopefully Geneon won't sit on the license until the show's over -_-
maybe they'll even sell broadcast rights to the Anime Network
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 03:26   Link #8
AnimeLover2004

It is licensed??? Oh well, when is the DVD is going to come out in Malaysia, anyone?
AnimeLover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 04:30   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Can't speak for Malaysia, we're discussing the fact that it is licensed in America. That doesn't have too much to do with the Malaysian market. As for when the DVD will come out in America I'd say not very soon, since the company has not set a date yet. Probably not for at least another year.... quite possibly more.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 06:06   Link #10
AnimeLover2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Can't speak for Malaysia, we're discussing the fact that it is licensed in America. That doesn't have too much to do with the Malaysian market. As for when the DVD will come out in America I'd say not very soon, since the company has not set a date yet. Probably not for at least another year.... quite possibly more.
c this smiley... well not even smiling at all. that's how i feel atm. n e way I wonder if those who have watch a few episodes of it, plz share a few thoughts and comments of this new series.

Oh someone mentioned it is the same as first one just that they enhance it? How? Storyline the same?
AnimeLover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 06:15   Link #11
emessen

from the first episode...

it's a remake apparently.. the first season has no bearing on it at all...

the first episode is just an intro... and just an extended 20 minute version
of the first episode from season 1

except without
1. the grandfather's video
2. taro's color-chaning women allergy

Spoiler:

still.. alot of nudity and alot of sexual innuendos,
everything that made the first series popular

so far
Old 2004-04-07, 11:03   Link #12
Eufotic

Hanayuko Maids Tai La Verite isn't licensed in the USA yet. Just because Geneon Co produced the series doesn't mean that they will air it in the usa. Likely Geneon will license it and air it eventually. Princess_of_hell mentioned. Check the article on Amineondvd.com. If you check out any site animenfo.com,animesuki.com,animenewsnetwork.com None of them list this anime licensed. The first season also coproduced by geneon usa but has not been listed as licensed.
Eufotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 11:47   Link #13
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eufotic
Hanayuko Maids Tai La Verite isn't licensed in the USA yet. Just because Geneon Co produced the series doesn't mean that they will air it in the usa. Likely Geneon will license it and air it eventually. Princess_of_hell mentioned. Check the article on Amineondvd.com. If you check out any site animenfo.com,animesuki.com,animenewsnetwork.com None of them list this anime licensed. The first season also coproduced by geneon usa but has not been listed as licensed.
Geneon USA Co produced the series mean it is licensed.If you can find a series that is Geneon USA Co produce but not licensed by them then you can talk otherwise it is licensed.(not that I am happy about it)

animenewsnetwork.com is going to list it because they did it with tenjo tenge and koikaze but it take time

The first season is not co produce by geneon usa but by rondo robe.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 13:07   Link #14
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

That's right. It is licensed so I guess we will have to wait for the DVDs then. They still have the original first series on Animesuki though. It just started airing on TV in Japan so I wouldn't expext the DVD to come out in the US until some time late next year (2005).
Old 2004-04-07, 14:06   Link #15
Eufotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
Geneon USA Co produced the series mean it is licensed.If you can find a series that is Geneon USA Co produce but not licensed by them then you can talk otherwise it is licensed.(not that I am happy about it)

animenewsnetwork.com is going to list it because they did it with tenjo tenge and koikaze but it take time

Another Geneon License? (07:00 AM EST): Add this one to the potential category along with Koikaze and Tenjou Tenge as irc regular Star Creator has found out that Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite, which just started airing (and appears to be a remake of the first series according to some who've seen it) lists Geneon Entertainment (USA) in the production credits both in the opening and closing sequence. As said with the other two titles, this does not guarantee that Geneon USA will pick it up but it's in the highly-likely category. (From animeondvd.com)

To obtain a license is to hold the copyright. The copyright is held by the original creator. Geneon has to buy the copyrights from the Hanaukyo maids creator or the current copyright holder. Until that transaction has been made by geneon and the copyright holder, the title is not licensed. A company that helps produce a show isn't always the copyright holder. The copyright holder hired Geneon to do some production work on the title and that is it. I believe M.O.E is currently holding the copyrights until geneon or another company buys the copyrights from them it is not licensed. I have not found any press releases that states the geneon bought the copyrights to Hanaukyo maids.

With that all said. Geneon has a reputation to buy the copyrights of material that they help produce in japan. And I believe they will eventually buy the copyrights from them.

Please if anyone knows of a source claiming that geneon bought the copyrights please post a reply here. But I have not found any.
Old 2004-04-07, 14:22   Link #16
Eufotic

And another thing Animenewsnetwork.com doesn't even have Geneon listed as a production company unlike Tenjho Tenge (TV). But the credits in the show does list geneon as one of the production companies.
Old 2004-04-07, 14:48   Link #17
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing

Everything co-produced by Geneon USA (formerly Pioneer USA) is licensed becuz I have not seen an anime series that was co-produced by them not licensed. Kaleido Star was co-produced by a US company and was licensed before it even aired.

M.O.E probably doesn't own it anymore but sold it and let someone else produce it, like Geneon, under the same title. It does look more like something Geneon would create anyways.
Old 2004-04-07, 15:00   Link #18
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eufotic

With that all said. Geneon has a reputation to buy the copyrights of material that they help produce in japan. And I believe they will eventually buy the copyrights from them.

Please if anyone knows of a source claiming that geneon bought the copyrights please post a reply here. But I have not found any.

And another thing Animenewsnetwork.com doesn't even have Geneon listed as a production company unlike Tenjho Tenge (TV). But the credits in the show does list geneon as one of the production companies.
Uh, who says ANN is god? ANN gets ALOT of stuff wrong. Infact they used to be known for being not a credible news source 2-3 years ago. Infact, the offical site does not even list Geneon as co-producing it. But how do you think they got into the credits then. You do not have to put your name anywhere if you Co-fund anything. It is up to you and the other production companies whos names go on the series. Geneon has licensed every single co-funded series before or after they co-funded it. The proof of the license is their name in the credits. No US distrobution company is stupid enough to co-fund a series and not take the rights while they are at it (or sell the rights to another company). This has happened many many times already and nothing has happened to the contrary, therefore there is no reason to doubt the name is the same as a license.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:17   Link #19
Eufotic

No one has yet showed me proof saying they purchased the copyrights to Hanaukyo maids. I am not saying that they are not going to get the copyrights. of coarse it is stupid to have a usa company co produce a show and not obtain the license to it but no credible source has yet claimed that Geneon has obtained the copyrights to Hanaukyo maids.

Production doesn't equal having the copyrights.

All I am saying that Geneon Currently has not come forward and claimed that they bought the copyrights.
Old 2004-04-07, 15:41   Link #20
emessen

ok maybe it IS liscenced but not yet announced

or

it isn't OFFICIALLY liscenced...

but BECAUSE it is co-produced by Geneon Ent USA, and THEY DO liscence shows
it is LIKELY to be liscenced by geneon usa

that is ALL anyone is really saying...