AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 15:42   Link #221
Grey

Irritates me that Akatsuki criticized Himeragi for "striking first." The guys were the ones who escalated first by grabbing her, and they were already pushy jackasses before that. She simply one-upped their aggression after the initial physical encounter, meeting grabbing with striking, striking with magic strikes, and then magic with magic weapon.

That said, the show somehow doesn't grab me. Well. Will wait a couple episodes and see.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:21   Link #222
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Irritates me that Akatsuki criticized Himeragi for "striking first." The guys were the ones who escalated first by grabbing her, and they were already pushy jackasses before that. She simply one-upped their aggression after the initial physical encounter, meeting grabbing with striking, striking with magic strikes, and then magic with magic weapon.
He didn't criticize her for striking first, he criticized her for trying to kill the guy.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:47   Link #223
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
He didn't criticize her for striking first, he criticized her for trying to kill the guy.
She said the demon violated some treaty and couldn't complain even if he was killed; he countered that she struck first. It was a criticism that her action was inappropriate. His criticism about killing also falls flat though if she is correct about the severity of their actions and he only has an indefensible counter that "she struck first."
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:27   Link #224
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
She said the demon violated some treaty and couldn't complain even if he was killed; he countered that she struck first. It was a criticism that her action was inappropriate. His criticism about killing also falls flat though if she is correct about the severity of their actions and he only has an indefensible counter that "she struck first."
Just because the guy can end killed it doesn't means he has to be killed.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:49   Link #225
Marina2

Policemen in the real life also get a complain if they go stright to kill a criminal insted of trying to capture them alive.

It's all about the morality.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:58   Link #226
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 11:37   Link #227
Marina2

Spoiler for Ep.2:

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-10-11 at 12:00.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:16   Link #228
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
The guy only released his kenjuu because she struck first and remember that by "struck" I mean smacked the therianthrope into the nearest street lamp. In light of this, his release of a kenjuu could be seen as self-defense. All that just for flipping up her skirt. That's just ridiculous.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:17   Link #229
SQA

I like the way they composed the fight scenes with Himeragi. They're obviously working on a smaller budget than other shows, but they went for the fast-angle changes on the spear. It actually works really well and feels appropriate for a magical spear to move like that.

I also appreciate a MC with a functional family life, decent understanding of the reality of his powers and some consideration for those around him. Akatsuki is actually a pretty good guy, which is rare to say about a shounen series MC. Normally you want to slap them right before cheering for them.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:20   Link #230
ginger02

I swear the music alone is going to make this the show of the season for me. I could do without the massive amounts of blood in that fight though.

Loving all the characters so far which is wonderful. Haven't encountered one that I find annoying.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:30   Link #231
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

>Sword Shaman
>Wields a spear

*Ahem*
No complaints about the second episode. If anything, it was an improvement over an already decent premiere. Assuming nothing goes awry, this one's a keeper.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:37   Link #232
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This episode is a really smooth watch.
EDIT: Almost as smooth as Yukina's fresh-from-the-bath skin.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:41   Link #233
erika4dsl

I was really ready to drop this after the rather dull first episode, but after watching the second episode, it's a nice improvement.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:03   Link #234
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
The guy only released his kenjuu because she struck first and remember that by "struck" I mean smacked the therianthrope into the nearest street lamp. In light of this, his release of a kenjuu could be seen as self-defense. All that just for flipping up her skirt. That's just ridiculous.
Pretty sure they were going to do more than just flipping her skirt if she's just a weak girl....
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:06   Link #235
Iron Maw
Banned

ep1+2

Not surprised impressions are gradually getting more positive on this show after the first episode. I thought the first couple chapters of manga adaptation were mediocre despite the setting when I first read them too. The anime doesn't change much of my view here, but the series does get better. Not enough to say "OMG AWESOME" or anything, but it enough to get a bit more invested in things. Helps that music (both the OP and the general BGM) is really nice and animation is pretty decent.

Hopefully when the anime gets into the later novels the various religious factions and cast will intermingle more rather than just turning into another LN harem in disguise.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:57   Link #236
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Watched both episodes, and episode 2 was more enjoyable than episode 1. There is actually a purpose to this show while at first it seemed more of a fanservicy kind with a very generic characters to carry out a flimsy plot development. This might turn out to be a pretty good show. Looking forward to episode 3.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:39   Link #237
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
After he pulled out his Kenjuu he attacked her with it, believing her to be incapable of defending against it. These guys probably hunt for human girls and then after they're done they kill them. The release of a Kenjuu seems like a serious escalation, as the city detects it immediately and issues a lockdown and evacuation order for the area. The citizens are terrified of the announcement.

Frankly, it didn't seem like the D-types were in any danger in the first place. Sure the other guy was beat up a bit but they seem like they can handle the damage pretty easily. Not to mention, after seeing his friend get punched, he didn't have a fearful expression, but rather that of a someone who wanted to cause pain and fear.

I mean, with normal humans if someone flips a girl's skirt with her boyfriend there they can expect to be punched in the face. If they then decide to pull out a grenade launcher they'd be arrested, or shot on sight if the cops are around.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:53   Link #238
whitecloud

The index vibe is really getting stronger with each episode with now involvement of astartes
Old 2013-10-12, 02:13   Link #239
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
The index vibe is really getting stronger with each episode with now involvement of astartes
I thought I was the only one.

No seriously, a city (or an island in this case) where a bunch of people are specifically gathered because of their supernatural powers, different factions at odds with each other, a loli teacher, a middle schoolgirl of genius level of ability who pretty much stalks the protagonist, and a protagonist whose great power is something of mysterious origin. It's like Index without Index, until this episode where we get her VA lol.

That said, StB > Index if only because pantsu > short shorts lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 02:18   Link #240
whitecloud

Dont forget the priest guy too, that beside astartes! Hes basically like styll, the evil version...im hoping touma to come and punch his light out, only for astartes to counter, and to be countered back, and crumbled by imagine breaker

Tags
supernatural, vampires