AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-29, 13:41   Link #1201
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Also, we've seen Dal Dal lay off of Moon once she switched to another guy - she's not nearly as antagonistic to the pink haired boxer as she once was.

I think all of Dal Dal's jealousy of Queen is going to come out next chapter. She's tired of having to compete with her when she's only half-trying or rather - half-committed, to pursuing JaeGu. Dal Dal doesn't want to lose in a haf-assed way - she's going to lose, then the other side will have to pull out everything and lay it on the line. She's probably going to tell Queen that in a not-so-nice way.
Old 2014-06-29, 19:47   Link #1202
ShiroiRyu

Oh man !
Our queen goodbye was perfect !
This smile ...
Old 2014-06-30, 10:15   Link #1203
nosaer

This was the most interesting chapter in recent memory. Queen dal dal's appearance was pretty sweet. I don't think that side of her has ever been shown lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 19:11   Link #1204
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Actual character development you say?
Old 2014-07-02, 13:09   Link #1205
nosaer

^ yes actually. Queen gets some character development.

Jae gu gets schooled on girls which has the potential to move the plot some (it remains to be seen if he'll actually develop or act the same)

Dal Dal is...a surprise at the end of the chapter lol. If you haven't read it yet, its one to see. The whole bully plot is finally being left alone for the time being.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 13:02   Link #1206
Johnny
Working the bags...

New chapter seemed to be off and not just the horrible Dal Dal drawing with the one she was first crying at...

At least we might see some plot movement. Ah, who am I kidding. Queen will probably take Dal's talk to heart and tell him no and he will go back to thinking he doesn't stand a chance...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 13:30   Link #1207
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
New chapter seemed to be off and not just the horrible Dal Dal drawing with the one she was first crying at...

At least we might see some plot movement. Ah, who am I kidding. Queen will probably take Dal's talk to heart and tell him no and he will go back to thinking he doesn't stand a chance...
Dal aside, all I could think was "Not smooth Jae gu, not smooth at all. Now it's awkward."
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:31   Link #1208
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anyone else felt Dal overacted with Queen? I bet she didn't stay long enough to hear the whole deal with Jae gu/Queen either.

and I hope this isn't a rush ending or something, otherwise I enjoy the twist.
Old 2014-07-12, 18:55   Link #1209
ShiroiRyu

Wow ...
We never have that much development in one chapter ...
Old 2014-07-12, 19:32   Link #1210
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anyone else felt Dal overacted with Queen? I bet she didn't stay long enough to hear the whole deal with Jae gu/Queen either.

and I hope this isn't a rush ending or something, otherwise I enjoy the twist.
Overact? I dunno, imagine really being in love with someone, trying everything you can daily to make that person like you back but it's obvious that that person likes someone else, who in turn seems to like that person back but is all quiet about it and allows no room for development. It's just an incredibly frustrating situation she's in and when Queen talked to her it was like the dam broke in her mind and all the frustration came out at once.
She's the hardest working character in the series in terms of pursuing her love, yet no matter how much she tries, the guy she likes still seems to like the girl that literally does nothing to develop the relationship more than her. Imagine how she feels...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 19:54   Link #1211
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Yeah i can imagine how she feels.
I mean, there is this guy that is so totally not interested in her, but in someoneelse and instead on accepting it since long ago she still was throwing herself at him for god knows how long. Somtime it's for the best to just accpet things how they are and move on.

And about her Love for him. I think she was more into the idea of being in love than being really in love with him, but that is just my humble opinion

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2014-07-12 at 20:08.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 21:28   Link #1212
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Overact? I dunno, imagine really being in love with someone, trying everything you can daily to make that person like you back but it's obvious that that person likes someone else, who in turn seems to like that person back but is all quiet about it and allows no room for development. It's just an incredibly frustrating situation she's in and when Queen talked to her it was like the dam broke in her mind and all the frustration came out at once.
She's the hardest working character in the series in terms of pursuing her love, yet no matter how much she tries, the guy she likes still seems to like the girl that literally does nothing to develop the relationship more than her. Imagine how she feels...
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I used to see Dal Dal as a minor annoyance way back when, when Jae Gu was still in woman-hate mode, and liked Queen much better(well, when she was moe about Jae Gu anyways), but after all this time, and how much work she put into trying to make Jae Gu happy(working at the shop, cooking him and his siblings dinner, the recent hard work with the karate team), I have to say, I'm preferring Dal Dal get SOME kind of fruition to her hard work, at the very least, some kind of thanks from Jae Gu. Not that I hate Queen, but I feel that Dal Dal is more deserving.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 01:44   Link #1213
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I used to see Dal Dal as a minor annoyance way back when, when Jae Gu was still in woman-hate mode, and liked Queen much better(well, when she was moe about Jae Gu anyways), but after all this time, and how much work she put into trying to make Jae Gu happy(working at the shop, cooking him and his siblings dinner, the recent hard work with the karate team), I have to say, I'm preferring Dal Dal get SOME kind of fruition to her hard work, at the very least, some kind of thanks from Jae Gu. Not that I hate Queen, but I feel that Dal Dal is more deserving.
I'm in a similar boat here. I never liked her overly affectionate female character type when a sensible human being would've figured out way before that the guy's complete indifference to her feelings are an obvious sign. Then again, she really worked hard to appeal to him again and again only to lose to someone that basically only wins because of her "destined" status, which is a way too common theme I feel.

I also agree that it would be nice if she had some kind of positive outcome, if even it was the author showing her to come out stronger personality-wise. Depending on how long the series is going to run she might become the character with the most depth (ever since Jae Gu's hate for women has been magically cured).
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 09:01   Link #1214
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's that "destined" status that always gets me in these kinds of series (it's even worst in pure harem manga). There's always at least one girl that actively pursues her love for the main character, yet the main character always seems to fall for that one girl that is obviously the destined final girl, who secretly also likes the MC but does jack all to further the development. It's quite rare to see a harem manga without a destined final girl that is as obvious as having a big sign saying "Final Girl" over their heads. It's also rare to see a destined final girl that actually does anything romance wise...you know, earns her romantic development.
Sadly, I always like that one girl that works hard for what she wants, yet is destined to fail much more than the one that's already destined to win...just because...
Old 2014-07-14, 23:59   Link #1215
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
It's that "destined" status that always gets me in these kinds of series (it's even worst in pure harem manga). There's always at least one girl that actively pursues her love for the main character, yet the main character always seems to fall for that one girl that is obviously the destined final girl, who secretly also likes the MC but does jack all to further the development. It's quite rare to see a harem manga without a destined final girl that is as obvious as having a big sign saying "Final Girl" over their heads. It's also rare to see a destined final girl that actually does anything romance wise...you know, earns her romantic development.
Sadly, I always like that one girl that works hard for what she wants, yet is destined to fail much more than the one that's already destined to win...just because...
that's the disappointment in harem series the girl who work for love never wins
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 00:26   Link #1216
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Just like Kurumu of R+V. So sad it is.
Old 2014-07-15, 06:03   Link #1217
Top Sergeant

Dal Dal is still WAY too obsessive for me to cheer for her. She's never asked Jaegu to go out with her, or talked with him about a relationship. It just seems she's half assumed he will like her for doing all this stuff for him, and half trying to guilt trip him when the other girls are around.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:49   Link #1218
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Dal Dal is still WAY too obsessive for me to cheer for her. She's never asked Jaegu to go out with her, or talked with him about a relationship. It just seems she's half assumed he will like her for doing all this stuff for him, and half trying to guilt trip him when the other girls are around.
Agreed. Queen actually spent more time talking to Jaegu then the other girls. Dal Dal spent too much time obsessing about him, when he wasn't around. But that isn't actually something that brings you closer together. Dal Dal may have early on decided on that she liked Jaegu and thus didn't need to find out anything more about him, while the clueless Queen had a lot to ask him. But intereaction gets you closer then sitting across the room making cow eyes.

And in the end so isn't the important part who is the most deserving, it's who makes the target's heart go bump.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 16:53   Link #1219
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

When has Queen asked him anything? They barely know eachother, most of what they know about eachother comes from their siblings.
Old 2014-07-15, 17:51   Link #1220
Top Sergeant

Quote:
When has Queen asked him anything? They barely know eachother, most of what they know about eachother comes from their siblings.
True, they haven't sat down and discussed their feelings or futures together. However IIRC their first genuine interaction was in Chapter 11 or so when Queen got a sharp slap of reality, and also realized that she had no way of communicating the emotions which she was surprised to be experiencing. They have spoken with each other (although it seems as if its only about once every ten chapters ) but I appreciate the fact that Queen, even though she has no good idea of how to express her true emotions, hasn't built up a fantasy as Dal Dal has.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom