Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-02-23, 19:13   Link #1
Chosen_Hero

The 100

Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
When nuclear Armageddon destroys civilization on Earth, the only survivors are those on the 12 international space stations in orbit at the time. Three generations later, the 4,000 survivors living on a space ark of linked stations see their resources dwindle and face draconian measures established to ensure humanity's future. Desperately looking for a solution, the ark's leaders send 100 juvenile prisoners back to the planet to test its habitability. Having always lived in space, the exiles find the planet fascinating and terrifying, but with the fate of the human race in their hands, they must forge a path into the unknown.
Didn't see a thread for this so I fixed that error.

For those of you that don't know about this series, this is basically what happens when Lost, Fallout and Game of Thrones have a threesome, grade A pure awesomeness.

I still can't believe that when it first aired I thought it would be yet another shitty drama and now it's my favorite show and that's saying something.

Last edited by LKK; 2016-02-25 at 08:27. Reason: added images tag
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 23:26   Link #2
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I still can't believe that when it first aired I thought it would be yet another shitty drama and now it's my favourite show and that's saying something.
I have to agree, at first I thought it was teen drama and was going to be about who's sleeping with whom.

I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing the show has been in 2 seasons. I've yet to watch season 3.

Season 2 was very dark, great plot and hope it continues in Season 3.
Old 2016-02-24, 01:23   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

^It's even darker and there's only like 5 or so episodes out and let's just say that war, war never changes and leave it at that.
Old 2016-02-26, 16:23   Link #4
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I've been wondering if it's not too dark for my nieces (at least the 15 years old one), especially season 2 which amped the blood quite a few notches.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 00:30   Link #5
Chosen_Hero

^Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead still have that locked in, it's dark not for the sake of bloodshed but more to try and convey how people would react in those kinds of situations, personally while I do find it dark it's in a comfortable medium where it doesn't go overboard and is just right for the story it's trying to tell.

------------

As for the episode:

So now we have two AI's... let's hope the other one isn't worse than Miss Skynet in a dress.

I think we might have a Sky Crew three sided civil war at some point, if they don't pisse off the clans even more and end up getting destroyed in the process (someone needs to put a bullet in between Pike's eyes, he is just pissimg me off the more he talks and Bellamy isn't doing any better).

I agree with Clarke letting him live, it's pretty much a worse fate than death but you kust know he'll probably be back for revenge at some point.

And I have to say that at least he got a pretty cool title out of it, I mean The Last Mountain Man is one of those names that ends up becoming well known myths, so at least he jas that gpong for him... right?

Jasper dude, just stop making the wrong choices.

Bellamy and Octavia... well, what can I say other than one of them is going to end up either killing or seriously harming the other at some point.

And last but not least Clarke, Lexa... just do it already or something, the damn sexual tension between you two is too damn strong.

Damn the 100, y u so gud?
Old 2016-03-04, 13:06   Link #6
Chosen_Hero

And now I understand the meaning behind the two zeroes in the title screen crashing with each other, they form the symbol for the grounders (or Trikrus -Tree Crew-) religion Polis and not only that Polis holds a bigger secret than one would think. Also that was a very interesting look at the day the world ended, it was a pretty sad scene to watch and yet another major character death.

So now I have to change my description of this show to Lost x Fallout x Terminator x Game of Thrones.

Ok, so let's get started:

- So we finally get to learn about the Nightblood, the 13th station Polaris, Alie 2 and the origins of the Commander.

- So we have one cold hearted bitch of an AI that ended the world (Alie) and now we have a second AI that assimilates itself into those with the Nightblood and learns about human emotion through them, interesting.

- So the first Commander was from Skyekru and the very same person that created the world ending AI and it's sister.

- Murphy has been getting his ass beat all season long, being Murphy is suffering.

- The Grounder army is now encircling Arkadia and have kill orders on anyone from Skyekru that dares to cross it... you just know Pike is going to fuck it all up somehow.

- Indra may be an asshole but she is pretty badass and has my respect.

- Badass Titus is badass.

- FINALLY! Sheesh, Clarke and Lexa have been eyeing each other all season long, finally the payoff...

-... Well damn.

Well, now we have to wait and see what happens when the blockade and Pike's stupidity clash, he is single-handedly destroying everything the was worked on since the 100 first arrived in Earth, can't wait to see him get knocked down a few pegs and as for Bellamy, I think he might die by the end of this season, if he doesn't end up killing Pike himself.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-03-06 at 12:30.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 14:05   Link #7
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Crazy episode.

Question now is what the World ending AI wants with it's sister.

I think Pike's one of those characters that will die at the end but, won't go quietly into the night.
Pike and the rest of his gang are hurt, emotionally. They want payback, but right now he's too one dimensional. Anything to do with grounders he'll resent. Eve if it/he can help.

I finding it hard to understand Bellamy right now, he will come good eventually but, he's not that interesting right now.
Old 2016-03-08, 17:10   Link #8
Chosen_Hero

After last season finally made me like Bellamy I can't stand his stupidity in this season, sure I get that his girlfriend died and that that one grounder chick betrayed him after he saved her last season but he just turned into the Finn of this season, wait we have two with Jasper being basically mentally broken, damn it.

I hope that Bellamy either kills Pike himself or that Olivia kicks his ass so hard he reverts back to being likeabale and that Jasper stops makong stupid decisions, I think it might be time that eother Olivia or Lincoln took him and trained him (like Indra did to Olivia) so that he can find peace with himself by doing something that matters.

And don't even get me started on Monty's mom, after the thing with the grounder kid I lost all pity and respect for her... Monty himself is still cool.
Old 2016-03-11, 22:45   Link #9
Chosen_Hero

Another amazing episode, now i'm sure that someone will read my posts and just think that i'm sounding (more like reading) like a broken record but that is legitimately how good this series is and trust me that if there was anything that I found was bad, you would see me bitch about it to no end, I promise you that.

Now on to the episode:

- Episode begins and already my pissed off meter is through the roof thanks to Bellamy.

(So before I continue I have to let you know that Arkadia divided into three factions at this point, the Pike faction, the Kane faction and the Jaha faction, each with different goals and designs for Arkadia.)

- I feel bad for Monty since he is only on Pikes side because of his mother.

- Man, so many twists and turns on both sides plans that halfway through the episode I was wondering if I was accidentally watching a spy thriller.

- More focus on secondary characters is always good especially when they are part of the original 100, makes the characters feel real instead of just throwaway lackyes to the "important" characters.

- Interestingly enough no Clarke or Olivia throughout the whole episode and it was still a pretty badass episode, goes to show how good the writing for this show is.

- Jasper accidentally doing something good by making Tacen freak out about forgetting Finn and weakening Alies control over her is another great thing to see, I wonder if the two of them will be the ones to oppose Alie and Jaha while Pike vs Kane happens in the other side.

- Also two storylines taking place in the exact same (confined) place, at the exact same time and yet they don't clash with each other in a negative way is also another great thing to notice in this episode.

- Pike (as they would say in the show), Float you.

- Alie and Jaha nervous due to Raven and Jasper is good to see.

- (Sees the last few minutes of the episode) FINALLY! Redeem yourself you idiot, now this is going to get even more interesting.
Old 2016-04-01, 00:01   Link #10
Chosen_Hero

Well, that just happened... now where do I begin? Let's see:

Spoiler for Stealing Fire spoilers:

What else can I say, but yet another week of the 100 being amazing and shattering the expectations of what a CW show is.
Old 2016-04-29, 17:24   Link #11
Chosen_Hero

Its been a few week since my last post schoolwork kind of got in the way. So i'll just make this quick, especially since these episode need to be seen to be believed, so i'll just summarize them with a sentence or a few word that will make you understand what kind of episode it was:

Episode 10: Fallen

Redemption, comeuppance and an ending reminiscent of the children of the corn.

Episode 11: Nevermore

Basically the exorcist with character development ending with the 100 (more like the 10 or so bit still) being reunited under the same goal once more.

Episode 12: Demons

Teen slasher vibes.

Episode 13: Join or die

... well damn, what CAN i say about this episode... Crucifixions, roads literally soaking in blood, very very biblical, flashback of the arc two weeks prior to the 100 touching ground, *GASP* Pike getting character development?, being Murphy truly is suffering whether on the arc or on the ground (and who can blame the writers, he has a very punchable face), sea grounders.

Man, the more I watch the more I keep thinking that this truly is post apocalyptic Game of Thrones.
Old 2016-05-13, 12:50   Link #12
Chosen_Hero

Episode 14: Red Sky at morning

- Luna is found and refuses to become Heda (Commander)
- Monty gets laid
- Raven is obsessed with destroying Alie
- Chipped grounders attack Lunas peaceful oil rig village
- Jaspers new friend dies but not before freeing Octavia, Clarke and Bellamy who were imprisoned by the chipped grounders... (being Jasper is still suffering)
- Monty kills his mom, for the second time... (being Monty is suffering)
- Indra, Pike and Murphy join forces and almost destroy Alies server.
- Raven and Monty also almost destroy Alie through a killcode.
- Alies keikkaku is coming to fruition.
- Luna yet again refuses to become Heda even after what happened at the oil rig... (hopelessness intensifies)

Episode 15: Perverse Instantiation part one

Wow, this has gotten dark AF.

I Won't say much since this is an episode that needs to be seen, can't wait to see how they fix all of this hopelessness.
Old 2017-02-10, 11:33   Link #13
Chosen_Hero

So season 4 has begun and already there is an impossible situation that they are going to face. In 6 months nuclear reactions will cover the planet and will last for 5 years, so they have to find a way to survive for those 5 years while also trying to find a way to save everyone else they can.

Their answer, the Arcadia itself, so now they have their own shelter against the radiation but, it can only sustain a population of, you guessed it, 100. It will be interesting to see how they solve this seemingly impossible situation, maybe they can find and use the many part of the 13 stations that fell to Earth, or at least the ones close enough. If there is one thing that I am sure of, it is that many are going to die after all of this is said and done.
Old 2018-05-16, 02:43   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Season 5 has begun and boy are things already high tension between the convict crew, Wunkrew and Bellamy and Clarke's group.

Calling it now from the start of the season, in the season finale (if the ship isn't destroyed) they will use the cryo pods to freeze a selected group to either search for other lost ships/installations and they will return years later when the earth is once again green and those left behind have repopulated it to some extent.