AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-01-17, 14:17   Link #2921
Dragon_Slayer_X

^I am worried because of their shitty track record and their glorious takeover (with power of friendship and money) with a typo of the games name tbh............

Not having a pc version announced is just more annoying.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 17:51   Link #2922
Dextro
He Without a Title

If NISA does actually go and hire all the folks who left XSEED and previously worked on the trails series then maybe I'll have some hope for the end result but having NISA attached to this is incredibly disappointing.

Anyway I'll still buy it. I'm desperate to know how the whole story ends :$
Old 2019-01-17, 18:04   Link #2923
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If NISA does actually go and hire all the folks who left XSEED and previously worked on the trails series then maybe I'll have some hope for the end result but having NISA attached to this is incredibly disappointing.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, exactly. If there really are ex-XSEED staff involved, cool. But NISA's handling of Ys 8 leaves me quite cautious of the end result, sadly....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 18:08   Link #2924
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
^So you're godly enough to never do typo?

You guys are salty as hell. You can have the same staff as the one who did the localisation in XSEED, but just because it's NISA you don't even care anymore...
Just read this: https://pastebin.com/1pVMS6Xk < someone "kinda" updated list of NISA failures. You really think few persons from XSEED would change anything? Even if this are translators that worked on other trails games, I simply don't trust NISA to not change anything after translating part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
^I am worried because of their shitty track record and their glorious takeover (with power of friendship and money) with a typo of the games name tbh............

Not having a pc version announced is just more annoying.
Even if this gets PC port, looking at quality of previous ports from NISA...

One more thing, we got Steel 3 but still missing Zero and Ao that are needed to understand story*... Good job

*Story go like this: Zero > Steel 1 > Ao > Steel 2 > Steel 3 & 4
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 18:21   Link #2925
Rinvelt

^I'll still think the same. I think it's unfair to say that when the staff will be different just because it's the same company.
I totally agree with all the problems you pointed and all, but from the moment the people, as in the actual persons working on the localisation, the humans not the company, are different from the usual guys, then being salty about a game that isn't even out saying it'll be bad is wrong in my opinion.

Also, Sen 3 and 4 have better engine compatibility for localisation (said by Kondo) so as long as the "bad guys" in NISA don't touch them, it should be fine.

For the last point, would be the same with XSEED to be fair.

Anyway, people should wait for the panel tomorrow, and if what's shown here (hopefully some footages and information about the staff) is bad, then yeah, people can complain. But until then, people shouldn't whine like it's the end of the world.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 19:07   Link #2926
Sacredus

Quote:
^I'll still think the same. I think it's unfair to say that when the staff will be different just because it's the same company.
I totally agree with all the problems you pointed and all, but from the moment the people, as in the actual persons working on the localisation, the humans not the company, are different from the usual guys, then being salty about a game that isn't even out saying it'll be bad is wrong in my opinion.
Quote:
But until then, people shouldn't whine like it's the end of the world.
https://pastebin.com/1pVMS6Xk
Give. Me. Reason. To. Be. Even. Slightly. More. Optimistic. Or actually, this not have any point, we will not convince each other to our points anyway. For me Kiseki series is as good as dead.
Old 2019-01-17, 19:12   Link #2927
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Quote:
WITCH AND 100 KNIGHT
o Game-crashing bugs (rumor about a GameFAQs user fixing everything and mailed such solution/file to NISA. Still no official support a year from release, nor token mention of any such thing.)
o PS3 overheating (Confirmed to be replicable by person who originally made the post)
HOLY MOTHER OF
Yeah, now I'm quite scared.
Old 2019-01-17, 19:15   Link #2928
Rinvelt

I gave some, but it seems you don't care...

Anyway, I won't care anymore either. Seeing people everywhere freaking out about it was just plain dumb so I wanted to say something, but in the end it's not like I care as I play them in Japanese anyway...
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 19:50   Link #2929
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They did an acceptable job with games like the Danganronpa series. If they can at least put that amount of effort on it and notch botch it like recent Y's releases then it should be fine.

Also, Sean Chiplock (who voices Rean) himself says that he trusts the script as it is, as he's returning to voice him. No news if the other characters will be voiced by their original VAs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 22:41   Link #2930
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They had a shitty job back then for Ys VIII, but they did huge amount of effort in retranslating it at the end and that's enough for me to give them a chance. For all their shortcoming, these guys actually tried to make up for it. Also it's not like XSEED did a perfect translation either... I still remember they mistranslate important lines in FC, translator bitching about Tita x Agate pairing, took large amount of liberal translations for some lines in Sen (like Crow Rean fight at the end of Sen 1) etc.

Anyway I'm just glad that it's not Aksys tbh. Their translation for Xanadu was pretty hilarious but there are more translation error in it compared to NISA YS VIII. Also I would be more worried for the upcoming PC port I don't think I can be at least slightly optimistic about it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 23:53   Link #2931
The Green One

Lets actually get Sen III over here and actually CONFIRM that NIS did a shit job before we start bashing them for it.
Old Yesterday, 00:28   Link #2932
KikeLyne

Trust in Nisa is just.. low given their spotty track record.

People are setting the bar low because it be a miracle if the game gets released with quality, bug free and no content removed.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:27   Link #2933
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
I gave some, but it seems you don't care...

Anyway, I won't care anymore either. Seeing people everywhere freaking out about it was just plain dumb so I wanted to say something, but in the end it's not like I care as I play them in Japanese anyway...
Unlike everyone else I'm quite excited. I'm way happier to get this at all than not to get it. And I really hope that in the future, when the Calvard arc comes out, we'll be able to play the games shortly after release. THAT sounds pretty awesome. I think that given all the new projects that Kondo said he was starting for the Kiseki series it's totally possible that some of those will be localized by XSeed still or maybe the point is just to have a lot of content come out both in the West and in Japan. Personally, I think it's a stupid idea to not buy the game and scream and groan just because it's NISA. This is a FALCOM game.

And they've got Rean's VA. I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for the best and yes I will play this on release day with the $99 package from the NIS store because I love the Kiseki series and I'm not going to let people's petty vendetta against NISA prevent me from enjoying this game.

All I want is for this series to be good and popular in the West. Stop accomplishing the opposite of what you all want by pointlessly complaining about something that is still in production and that we have barely seen anything about.

And for people complaining about a lack of Zero/Ao, Zero's editing is going to be done within a few months and then they'll do the same for Ao, so I mean, it's not like we won't have great localizations for those either eventually one way or another.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:32   Link #2934
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still waiting for when we can preorder though.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33   Link #2935
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Still waiting for when we can preorder though.
Yep... I found out literally 5 minutes ago about this so I'm still excited, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old Yesterday, 12:42   Link #2936
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
They had a shitty job back then for Ys VIII, but they did huge amount of effort in retranslating it at the end and that's enough for me to give them a chance. For all their shortcoming, these guys actually tried to make up for it.
There is a funny little story about that. They were FORCED to re-translate because Falcom pressured them AFTER fans complained directly to Falcom. Not BEFORE..............they brought in Durante and other people to clean up their mess with Y8 and that's not considering the delays. Also there are still game beaking bugs Nisa never fixed (check the list). Saying that they "tried to make up" is debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Also it's not like XSEED did a perfect translation either... I still remember they mistranslate important lines in FC, translator bitching about Tita x Agate pairing, took large amount of liberal translations for some lines in Sen (like Crow Rean fight at the end of Sen 1) etc.
They also added extra english voiced lines, several improvements like turbo mode and recently patched the JP voices back to CS 1 and 2 after they got the licenses. Nisa has a lot to live up to if they want to come close to the effort XSEED staff did for CS series.

I honestly don't want a TrailsOfMemeSteel.................and Nisa's track record is quite quite bad with localization even without Ys8. Tokyo Xanadu did have some meme translations but the game was quite smooth other than the misplaced new game plus options.
Old Yesterday, 13:01   Link #2937
Sacredus

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/the-lege...working-on-iii

Other staff (found on some discord):
Quote:
Eric Budensiek [Editor]
Moet Takahashi [Translator]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
There is a funny little story about that. They were FORCED to re-translate because Falcom pressured them AFTER fans complained directly to Falcom. Not BEFORE..............they brought in Durante and other people to clean up their mess with Y8 and that's not considering the delays. Also there are still game beaking bugs Nisa never fixed (check the list). Saying that they "tried to make up" is debatable.
I don't think Durante actually worked on Ys 8... You have any info about that?

Last edited by Sacredus; Yesterday at 15:20. Reason: removed screen of returning staff, added link to news instead and added info about rest localization staff
Old Yesterday, 15:48   Link #2938
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm actually very happy to know that Hatsuu (Britanny Avery) is on board again. Some fans call her the Kiseki queen for a reason. I'm now much more optimistic about the translation but I'm still skittish about the quality of the actual software side of the equation but let's see. Falcom has mentioned that they planed CS3 and 4 in a much more localization friendly way so maybe this will turn out smoothly after all.
Old Yesterday, 16:10   Link #2939
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I don't think Durante actually worked on Ys 8... You have any info about that?

https://www.dualshockers.com/durante...-mid-december/

Well i found something even more interesting, apparently NISA even threw away his adjustments and later brought in Rob Wyatt and still messed up.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/57918...7088109912136/

Oh we also have a "Legacy of Heroes" typo now boys and girls. I honestly wonder how many memes will we get?
Old Yesterday, 18:12   Link #2940
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm actually very happy to know that Hatsuu (Britanny Avery) is on board again. Some fans call her the Kiseki queen for a reason. I'm now much more optimistic about the translation but I'm still skittish about the quality of the actual software side of the equation but let's see. Falcom has mentioned that they planed CS3 and 4 in a much more localization friendly way so maybe this will turn out smoothly after all.
Sounds pretty sweet!

Also, lol at the legacy of heroes. The memes begin...

Tags
falcom, nice story, pc/steam, ps4, rpg elements, story rpg, trails series, xseed, zemuria