AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 21:44   Link #17901
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Holy Right meaning is "Divine right" like a blessing (kinda like a law term) or its a reference to the sacred arm (The right hand)
I think people are just mincing words at this point.

Spoiler:

Ultimately it's a matter of flavor, and admittedly there is some difference, but in my opinion the translators wouldn't mistake the word "Divine" for "Holy" after giving us "God's Divine Punishment" and "Divine Mother's Mercy" before they gave us "Holy Right."

Where's Teh_Ping when you need him?
Old 2012-03-26, 21:49   Link #17902
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The full power of Holy Right and Aeonic shift are two separate concepts.

Aeonic has its list of requirement to be fulfilled before it can become possible, regardless what power you have.
Fiamma, conducted the Aeonic shift ceremony for an outdated Aeon, in other word, he wasted the output of Holy Right onto something inferior.
It is not a problem Holy Right achieve full power or not, rather Fiamma didn't use the power of Holy Right for something better.
Holy Right's power is always there, Fiamma's problem has always lies in how to draw it out and how to apply it onto the target he wants.
Oh? So that La Persona form he attained for a few seconds after absorbing Kamijyo's arm was his peak output? I always had the conception that he could draw out more using the Horusian format
Old 2012-03-26, 22:03   Link #17903
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The right in Holy Right, simply means the direction. The sacredness of the right side, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Oh? So that La Persona form he attained for a few seconds after absorbing Kamijyo's arm was his peak output? I always had the conception that he could draw out more using the Horusian format
The power that Holy Right contains does not change. But how much you can draw out depends on your subject.

As far as Holy Right itself goes, it is at its perfection once the refining process is done. Its total value of power would not change after that.
Old 2012-03-26, 22:38   Link #17904
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Remember that Necessarius sent people to Iceland, where the Radiosonde Castle appeared first.

Next volume is Silvia, Birdway and Brunhild posse going to give Gremlin some BDSM loving.
Well, actualy Ollerus did mention planning to storm GREMLIN's HQ, which name it will have? Likely to be Valhalla .

Quoting Aleister about Fiamma's way to use his own power:
Quote:
“It was not an issue of the type or amount of power. It was nothing more than an issue of how you used it,” Aleister Crowley said in disinterested voice. “My theory is that the age of Christian spells came to an end upon the completion of the Book of the Law. I actually think you did quite well. And that includes your objective of becoming The One Above God. If instead of the Aeon of Osiris…that is, the laws under the control of solely the Christian Church, you had formatted it in the Aeon of Horus that lies beyond it, you may have had your eye on a position similar to mine.”
The amount of power Fiamma had when he reached during that little time was enough to accomplish the goal Aleister is also after but used the wrong 'software' thus he failed.
Old 2012-03-26, 22:44   Link #17905
Twi

So,
Spoiler for Volume 4:
Old 2012-03-26, 22:47   Link #17906
Sumeragi
Banned

Simply put, yes.
Old 2012-03-26, 22:56   Link #17907
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Simply put, yes.
And
Spoiler for Volume 4:
Old 2012-03-26, 23:04   Link #17908
leukrota

Yeah, also don't forget that Touma turned out to be the worst nightmare for both Ransuu and Loki (I still can't stop laughing at that.)

Anyway, don't worry about putting this stuff under a spoiler. The most used convention here is to put under a spoiler tag only that which hasn't been translated yet. Otherwise it would be a hassle to discuss the most recent volumes.

EDIT: ... I hadn't noticed, you seem to be using an extra ri in Kihara... just pointing it out.

2nd EDIT: I guess I should use Utgarda instead of Loki... since it's a reference to the giant, not the god... These Norse people and their weird names...

Last edited by leukrota; 2012-03-26 at 23:18.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:17   Link #17909
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The right in Holy Right, simply means the direction. The sacredness of the right side, simple as that.

The power that Holy Right contains does not change. But how much you can draw out depends on your subject.

As far as Holy Right itself goes, it is at its perfection once the refining process is done. Its total value of power would not change after that.
But it was never refined, was what I meant. Meaning it was never perfected, isn't it? Never did achieve its full potential
Old 2012-03-26, 23:40   Link #17910
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Yeah, also don't forget that Touma turned out to be the worst nightmare for both Ransuu and Loki (I still can't stop laughing at that.)

Anyway, don't worry about putting this stuff under a spoiler. The most used convention here is to put under a spoiler tag only that which hasn't been translated yet. Otherwise it would be a hassle to discuss the most recent volumes.

EDIT: ... I hadn't noticed, you seem to be using an extra ri in Kihara... just pointing it out.

2nd EDIT: I guess I should use Utgarda instead of Loki... since it's a reference to the giant, not the god... These Norse people and their weird names...
Okay.

And to be clear, the main point of the volume in having Touma is that he needed to learn a lesson that everyone can't be saved?

Good grief. So now we have Einherjar, Valkyries, Artificial Valkyries, Brunhild, at least a few more Kihara, one failed Majin, a former antagonist, the Imagine Breaker, Loli-ninja, super maid, and now the Loli God is going after Aleister next...

I just want to point out that of all the people in this volume only one can be considered normal, even by this series standards, and that's the wrestler chick...who is probably in his Harem now.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:41   Link #17911
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've just read finish the fight between Marian and Touma, like before I have alot of things to comment but I'll say this much first- Its seems like a long time since Touma rescued a girl in style.

I mean the whole dynamic entry in their most darkest moment, while naturally looking cool, there hasn't been a good one since Kuroko , Orsola and Hyouka I think. Normally I dont advocate mindless inclusion of Kamijou harem, but this time Im definite tossing in my support for Maria to 'become involved' lol. We haven't had a new girl actually crushing on him since Itsuwa. Though that said, with the exception of Mikoto and the sisters, none of the other girls he saved in style had actually fallen for him
Old 2012-03-26, 23:47   Link #17912
Sumeragi
Banned

You forgot Aisa. Meanie
Old 2012-03-26, 23:48   Link #17913
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I said it using Accelerator's catharsis description from Vol.22 as example.
In his case it's pretty much more freed from the constraints put by the science side

Quote:
LOL, no, I mean instead of using the negative as fuel for his powers (good misguided by evil during the WW3), he will need only his determination to help others which basically is good fueling his powers. Remember that Touma pretty much pointed out he lacked confidence to help others on his own and used tools instead.
The problem still remains as long as its from him, is that determination or good will enough to fuel HR at the same level as the ill from WWIII? unless he's become the most virtuous guy that ever existed or HR's base power increased (which contradict with Aleister's statement) I highly doubt so.

Quote:
No, it doesn't
Yes it is, no matter how you look at it, a combustion motor that uses Gazoil and an electric one that use hydrogen aren't the same

Quote:
[B]The HR still will be HR but using a different mindset and Aeon like Accelerator.
That's what I said (but with a different conclusion though), and that doesn't necessarily mean he'll use his will instead of the world's to fuel HR, rather much he'll be partially using the science side's technology to canalize HR's power to compensate for the magic side's lacks if you take it to that point (both sides without constraints)

CRAP I'M 30 MINUTES LATE FOR COLLEGE!!
Old 2012-03-26, 23:58   Link #17914
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You forgot Aisa. Meanie
It wasn't suppose to be a full list Okay fine....

Index, Himegami, Mikoto, Imouto, Kazakiri, Orsola, Kuroko, Agnese (debatable), Kazakiri again.

Then skip forward to now Maria who has gotten the full experience first hand.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:18   Link #17915
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But it was never refined, was what I meant. Meaning it was never perfected, isn't it? Never did achieve its full potential
The refining was completed by vol.21
Under a inferior format yes, but refined none the less.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:23   Link #17916
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Index, Himegami, Mikoto, Imouto, Kazakiri, Orsola, Kuroko, Agnese (debatable), Kazakiri again.

I don't think Hyouka Kazakiri would workout because Index would so bite Touma to death if he/she make a move on each other and don't forget his right hand is a threat to her existence.

And don't you mean Kanzaki Kaoru because you mentioned Kazakiri twice?
Old 2012-03-27, 00:27   Link #17917
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I don't think Hyouka Kazakiri would workout because Index would so bite Touma to death if he/she make a move on each other and don't forget his right hand is a threat to her existence.

And don't you mean Kanzaki?
No I mean Kazakiri

Thats a list of girls he had saved in style, the whole dynamic entry thingy.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:39   Link #17918
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Kinda hard to ask a question I already know the answer :P, but people over mcanime (dunno if wilfri actually mean this one) are trying to be picky about the holy right.

The one that lost me is the translation of the name "Divine right" or "The holy right arm".
The kanji can be read as "Sacred Right", but Holy Right is probably the first thing that comes to one's mind.

Also, about holy vs divine, if we go by making a comparison to game jargon holy is an "element" or attribute that things can have, while divine is not.

Quote:
You forgot Aisa. Meanie
That's the whole point
Old 2012-03-27, 00:46   Link #17919
tsunade666

Quote:
No I mean Kazakiri

Thats a list of girls he had saved in style, the whole dynamic entry thingy.
so the whole beat to a pulp and turn into a mummy while stopping the mace of doom is not stylish at all
Old 2012-03-27, 01:13   Link #17920
leukrota

Quote:
You forgot Aisa. Meanie
Who is Aisa? (rhetoric, don't answer)
Quote:

Well, he also saved Fremea with style... not that she noticed. Instead he impressed Accelerator and Hamazura... again.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen