AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 13:14   Link #41
james0246

So, how come Tobirama (the second) didn't nonstop rez Uchiha after he invented the edo tensei? He literally had a constant supply of eyes that could have been used to rewrite reality for his own purposes and he was old enough to know of all the forbidden techniques.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 13:16   Link #42
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
-what is with those random, lazy Konoha Shinobi? As someone pointed out, one of the no-namers seems to be a buddy/brother-type of Kabuto's--someone who will "acknowledge" Kabuto, as he so desperately wants. I have a feeling they are going to be p'owned next chapter.
It is one of his 'brothers' that was living with Kabuto in the orphanage. You can see a younger version of him on page 12 of this chapter. He's the one patting Kabuto's helmet. I think the Konoha headbands they were wearing were supposed to be headbands of the Allied Shinobi forces though...

Those last two pages make me think that there's a chance that Kabuto might survive this. Why show that guy still thinking about Kabuto otherwise?
Old 2012-05-23, 13:31   Link #43
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
It is one of his 'brothers' that was living with Kabuto in the orphanage. You can see a younger version of him on page 12 of this chapter. He's the one patting Kabuto's helmet. I think the Konoha headbands they were wearing were supposed to be headbands of the Allied Shinobi forces though...

Those last two pages make me think that there's a chance that Kabuto might survive this. Why show that guy still thinking about Kabuto otherwise?
Yep, one of the brother orphans. The point probably being that Kabuto's "true self" is the kid that just wanted to help his "mom" and "brothers and sisters" out and go to bed at nine.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 14:14   Link #44
prakash123

U all are missing out an important point.how issit possible for the uchihas to use izanagi without senju blood?itachi was just going on and on abt it with no explantion?could this be the secret written on the tablet?or something...itachi"s explantion made it seem like izangi is a very powerful jutsu.i mean u can use over and over till u get the expected results?maybe this is what tobi meant when he said something abt the past present and future existences wont matter.maybe he got the results he finally wanted?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 14:25   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmmm.... I think, I get Kishi’s explanation.

So, Izanami is basically like a “repeat” button on your DVD remote, right? But instead of pressing a button twice from point A to B (or A to A’ in this case), you use all your senses to remember an act (first button press) and then, you do that very same act again (second button press) to repeat the cycle.

Still, in this loop, Kabuto is still free to do what he wants. He just have to do the “right” act to get out of the loop. Meanwhile, Itachi inside the genjutsu can still communicate with Kabuto in real time, not just a repeating hallucination.

So, Izanami is used to control Izanagi so those Izanagi-equipped Uchihas didn’t became arrogant and as a preventer of chaos produced by clash between destiny-changing Izanagi eyes? Nice.
Old 2012-05-23, 15:02   Link #46
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
btw I called it now: Sasukse's redemption: sacrificing both eyes to Izanami in order to delay or stop Tobi/Madara from using Izanagi at a crucial turning point ^^
But that will totally ruin the anticipated Sasuke vs Naruto...Maybe it turns out to be Darth Vader vs Luke...Sasuke is almost beat and he decides to change at the last second, sacrificing his site, using Izanagi and then Izanami. Perhaps he uses both at the same time to invent a whole new technique that Tobi can't avoid.

I don't get if Rinnegan is an evolved Sharingan...is it better than EMS? Can Madara/Pain use Amertasu? We saw Madara use the creature technique...but what about anything else
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:08   Link #47
janipani

This whole kabuto, itachi, sasuke plot was so useless...

firstable.. Sasuke isn't agressive and evil enough..

Secondly ... dead itashi is no dead enough..

and lastly Kabuto has always been lame character without appeal of any sort

.... I want evil Sasuke to fight our saint Naruto ... NO SOB STORIES!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:05   Link #48
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Guys, I don't get why your complaining about Sasuke's character. His character has always been inconsistant. It's not that big of a deal.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:45   Link #49
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Yep, one of the brother orphans. The point probably being that Kabuto's "true self" is the kid that just wanted to help his "mom" and "brothers and sisters" out and go to bed at nine.
-If that's the case, Kabuto may indeed get his wish. But as with Nagato/Pain I don't think his sins would allow him to remain with them for too long. It's true at this point that Kabuto has some sympathy points (Hell, even Orochimaru had them near his death), but his actions over the years have likely overshadowed any "happy ending". But perhaps that is not so bad either...

-Anyway from what I understood, Izanami entraps an Izanagi spammer by making the choice/path they altered to be a "permanent loop" so long as they do not accept the error they made. Now here is what I do not understand. Judging by Kabuto's comments, he knows what Itachi is about to do and he is aware of what is going is not normal. So wouldn't a normal Izanagi user realize something is up and just alter the outcome again? Or is it that the moment they alter something again Izanami kicks in to create yet another time loop for them? Because if it is the former, shouldn't Izanagi still trump Izanami?
Old 2012-05-23, 19:02   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
If Itachi succeeds, Kabuto comes home and Naruto can't succeed anymore. Nothing sparks hatred faster than injustice and the guy responsible for the death of dozen of thousands persons surviving the war unscathed and living happily ever after would be the biggest injustice of this manga.
Itachi plainly says that Kabuto is going to die, so there is no escape from that destiny. Rather, Itachi is using Izanami as a final confession for a death row inmate. Kabuto will die, but that doesn't mean he can't find some redemption before his death.
Old 2012-05-23, 19:32   Link #51
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The diagrams make no sense to me at all

So many arrows
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 19:36   Link #52
Casshern

Quote:
If Itachi succeeds, Kabuto comes home and Naruto can't succeed anymore. Nothing sparks hatred faster than injustice and the guy responsible for the death of dozen of thousands persons surviving the war unscathed and living happily ever after would be the biggest injustice of this manga.

But then, Kishi went all out with the vengeance is wrong aspect, but never bothered with the concept of justice. It was wrong for Raikage to kill Sasuke, but the only alternative was letting it go. Kishimoto made clear that now, catching criminals is wrong because it's like vengeance.

If Kishi continues like this, I'll have troubles accepting the future Narutoverse as better than the old one. It's like using medecine to cure the symptoms, but not the disease. There is no point, and once you take away the medicine (Naruto in this case), the diseases hits HARD.
But then, my moral compass is not Kishi compatible since I still don't think Itachi deserved any kind of redemption.

Also, yeah, Sasuke is not sacrificing his eyes anytime soon. The three fights will end with a clear winner. The kages (due to Madara's forfeit), Itachi / Sasuke and Naruto (which means Tobi will start bitching the world sucks next month and die before the end of summer). Which means fresh Sasuke vs beat up Naruto (to even the odds) to end the year and the manga.
Don't worry, the real bad guys are gonna die anyway no matter what Naruto does. Even if Naruto doesn't finish them, Kishi will do it via "divine providence" just like he did with Nagato. He will also give them a flashback to make us think "aw he wasn't so bad after all", even for scum like Danzo. Sasuke is the only bad guy who will survive.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 19:58   Link #53
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
This Aesop no Jutsu seems like something that Naruto should have used. why did he not use this on sasuke instead and make him accept that revenge is not the answer?

leave it to itachi to bring Jesus-no-Jutsu to a whole new level.
LMFAO. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So uchiha invented a jutsu in which you give up your eye, to teach other uchihas how to not use wrongly other jutsu which also require to give up your eye.
an eye for an eye really does make the whole world blind T-T
Old 2012-05-23, 20:12   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
That wouldn't be redemption, but humiliation then ... (force Kabuto to give up on all his ambitions until he admits he is just a worthless kid who never should have stepped on the battlefield)
Otherwise known as jail (which I mentioned previously). Izanami, just like jail (well, certain types of jails), forces the "victim" into a situation where they must reflect on their actions, and decide if they have guilt or not. If they acknowledge guilt, then there is a chance of "redemption" (even if only in death), otherwise they are "stuck" (one way or another) for ever.

Quote:
The "realize before dying" line means that he chose to use this method instead of killing him, not that he is going to kill him after ...
I read it differently. Maybe Itachi will not be the one to deliver the blow, but I never read the lines or the situation as Kabuto getting off scot-free (as you indicated).
Old 2012-05-23, 20:50   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

"Now that I wasted all of that time talking about nonsense, I might as well do when I came here for... boy I hope I have enough time left."

Old 2012-05-23, 22:52   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
btw I called it now: Sasukse's redemption: sacrificing both eyes to Izanami in order to delay or stop Tobi/Madara from using Izanagi at a crucial turning point ^^
Well, he has the EMS, so both he and Tobi can abuse everything forever
Could still be a distraction in keeping him occupied with said eye games though.
Old 2012-05-23, 23:38   Link #57
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well, he has the EMS, so both he and Tobi can abuse everything forever
Could still be a distraction in keeping him occupied with said eye games though.
Sasuke's redemption comes in the form of Endless 8....
Dear god I hope not. For the love of this manga, PLEASE let Naruto kill him
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 02:30   Link #58
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
"Sasuke: but Itachi, you were perfect!" Seriously, after all he put him through? I know he loves his brother but this isn't something a genius says...particularly not one who had their childhood raped by said person.
Sasuke is saying that Itachi was "perfect" in terms of ability.

He didn't need to latch on to anyone else for an identity or make their abilities his.

He was the pinnacle of Uchiha greatness that everyone admired.

Sasuke has pretty much forgiven Itachi.

Remember Sasuke believed Itachi to be a traitor who used his talent to pursue selfish ambition rather than help uplift the Uchiha name. Later he finds out that he was ordered to massacre the Uchiha clan. Sasuke personally was kept alive in order to further the Uchiha legacy and avenge the them all the while believing his was killing his traitor brother. He did all of this to prevent Civil War which would have inevitably destroyed Konoha and the Uchiha clan anyway.

It's really twisted how he thinks but I understand it.

He sees what Itachi did now as a noble sacrifice and he has channeled his anger towards the people who ordered the massacre and the people who benefited from it (The Konoha elders and villagers).

I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:09   Link #59
Odinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Sasuke is saying that Itachi was "perfect" in terms of ability.

He didn't need to latch on to anyone else for an identity or make their abilities his.

He was the pinnacle of Uchiha greatness that everyone admired.

Sasuke has pretty much forgiven Itachi.

Remember Sasuke believed Itachi to be a traitor who used his talent to pursue selfish ambition rather than help uplift the Uchiha name. Later he finds out that he was ordered to massacre the Uchiha clan. Sasuke personally was kept alive in order to further the Uchiha legacy and avenge the them all the while believing his was killing his traitor brother. He did all of this to prevent Civil War which would have inevitably destroyed Konoha and the Uchiha clan anyway.

It's really twisted how he thinks but I understand it.

He sees what Itachi did now as a noble sacrifice and he has channeled his anger towards the people who ordered the massacre and the people who benefited from it (The Konoha elders and villagers).

I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
I believe Itachi has faith that in the end, the REAL Kabuto is a good person - he wanted the orphan to find a home within himself, to stop being someone he is not- the younger Kabuto never wanted to become a shinobi- he wanted to be a healer and take care of what was important to his 'mother'.

For sure, Kabuto is as lonely as Itachi was.

Izanagi and Izanami - the loop; a lesson Itachi wants to teach his younger brother about retracing where you've gone wrong and have the opportunity to correct your path only by releasing all self delusions (that's too profound for Sasuke's brain btw). That it is never to late to change your direction in life.

That and of course, he wanted his brother to have meaningful bonds- comrades- brotherhood: something Itachi wanted for himself but denied because of the path he has chosen. I think Naruto plays a great importance in opening Itachi's eyes on this one.

And because this is Itachi, he will never say all these outright to Sasuke. The numskull has to figure it out for himself. Good luck to you.
Odinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 04:58   Link #60
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinx View Post
a lesson Itachi wants to teach his younger brother about retracing where you've gone wrong and have the opportunity to correct your path only by releasing all self delusions (that's too profound for Sasuke's brain btw)
atm I have no clue where it's gonna go with emo boy - events indicate some change of attitude but at the same time it is a tad too early for him to make a u-turn eh?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion