AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2017-02-27, 13:05   Link #101
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm dying dying dying dying dying to listen to Happy Party Train. I need to justify my dumb love live spending.
I'm hoping for a Kanan Yohane duet. It has NEVER happened before.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 14:25   Link #102
Nork22

Quote:
I'm dying dying dying dying dying to listen to Happy Party Train. I need to justify my dumb love live spending.
Here's some images while you wait.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-02-27, 15:19   Link #103
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Rikayo may have just defined the First Live during the second day. While playing the piano during Omoi in the second day of the First Live, Rikayo had a panic attack, and Ainya and An-chan had to comfort her - while the crowds encouraged her. Omoi is basically a song where the Center never sings - because Riko is the true center of Omoi.
Wonder if the incident will make its way into the anime?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 15:51   Link #104
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Here's some images while you wait.
Images
you already fuckin know. You already fuckin know! This made my Monday. They look soooooooooooooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I'm hoping for a Kanan Yohane duet. It has NEVER happened before.
that. would. be. SICK!

Last edited by blakstealth; 2017-02-27 at 16:52.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 19:32   Link #105
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
I hope not, at least, not for S2. It might feel like rubbing her failure in her face at this point.
Yet, you can also say it happened in the anime first.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 20:04   Link #106
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I wouldn't put it into the anime just for the sake of putting it into the anime, but...

If the writers would like Aqours to endure a setback during Season 2 in order to create more drama and eventually a nice comeback story? In other words, if that's an idea they already liked? Then tying that into the real-life incident might be a nice touch.

The 0 incident was a big setback itself, of course, but things have been going pretty well for Aqours since the full 9 came together (this coming after the 0 incident). A slight setback in Season 2 might make the road to success more interesting and emotionally compelling. Just a thought.
Old 2017-02-27, 20:06   Link #107
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
I feel like if they wanted to do it, then it would've happened when they played for all those people in the dome in front of thousands of people.
Old 2017-02-27, 23:33   Link #108
novalysis

I think that if they do another Omoi Hitotsu esque piece, or a Riko solo in the style of Riko soloing Yume no Tobira for S2, we'd get a clearer indicator of whether the idea of 8+1 songs where one Seiyuu plays an instrument is going to continue.
Old 2017-02-28, 02:16   Link #109
Pen3

But Riko said she was ashamed that she failed, so i am not sure how i feel about it being used in anime.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 10:06   Link #110
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Translation of Rikyako's Instagram post after the Day 2 concert. Get ready for the feels.

Rikyako's Feels.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 06:13   Link #111
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I think it's been mentioned before, but in my opinion, that particular moment during the live most certainly highlights that the voice actresses are just as human as us - making mistakes, and picking ourselves up after a fall, giving it their all (learning to play piano in a only a few months sounds tough), friendship, and so on. Considering the emotional impact it has had (i.e. the outpouring of fan support), I hope it doesn't get cut out of the eventual DVD/BD release, but I would certainly understand why that might happen.

On another note, here's the preview for the last bonus song with BD Vol. 7 (release date: Mar 24) - Taiyou o Oikakero! [Follow the Sun!]:

Last edited by blaze0041; 2017-03-01 at 06:25.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 23:56   Link #112
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I hope it doesn't get cut out of the eventual DVD/BD release, but I would certainly understand why that might happen.
They definitely won't unless Rikako requested it, but I'm sure she will actually want that moment to be treasured.

Anyway, onto other things, Lantis/Sunrise has now given us our duos/trio sets.

Kurosawa sisters duet!! HNNGGG!!!
YouHane - I'll take it.
ChiKanan - Childhood friends afterall
RikoHanaMari - the S. Korean team!

And this is your chance to vote for their outfits. Here's the list:

Go here to vote.
Old 2017-03-02, 00:16   Link #113
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post

Anyway, onto other things, Lantis/Sunrise has now given us our duos/trio sets.

Kurosawa sisters duet!! HNNGGG!!!
YouHane - I'll take it.
ChiKanan - Childhood friends afterall
RikoHanaMari - the S. Korean team!
Just when I got over Youhane and started shipping YouRuby.....
Old 2017-03-02, 03:58   Link #114
novalysis

I just realized that the implications of Youhane and YohaneRiri being true simultaneously are that Chika might get her two best friends stolen by Yoshiko.....

On pairings:
While I was hoping for Aikyan-King, Aikyan-Shuka is still extremely good news - two of Aqours best and most expressive vocalists are going to have a duet with one another.

Riko-Hanamaru-Mari is basically alternative Guilty Kiss where Guilty Kiss traded Yohane to AZALEA for Hanamaru. This is going to be interesting. Are we going to get a Guilty Kiss song with King taking Aikyan's normal position in Guilty Kiss? Are we going to hear four minutes of King's deep voice?

Chika-Kanan finally brings in a pairing that was supposed to be big, is apparently major in the manga, but completely non-existent in anime to the forefront.

Dia-Ruby was eventually going to happen. It would actually be awesome of Dia sung in Ruby's voice while Ruby sung in Dia's voice - we might finally find out how Aiai's deep voice sounds like. Of course, the song could also end up with the Kurosawa sisters singing in a Ruby-like voice .....
Old 2017-03-03, 07:41   Link #115
Nork22

Quote:
you already fuckin know. You already fuckin know! This made my Monday. They look soooooooooooooooo good!
Oh hey, guess what?

YouTube
Old 2017-03-03, 09:38   Link #116
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

SHADOW DROP!

I LOVE that Yoshik- I mean Yohane and Maru-chan get their own solo parts, too! Why does Kanan look so gloomy in the video, though?!?!?!

PREORDERED! It's not my favorite song; maybe it'll grow on me. But man, do I feel so so so happy listening to it. Ah, the vibes are so jolly.
Old 2017-03-03, 22:02   Link #117
Jimmy C

From the title and cover image, I had imagined "Happy Party Train" to be "poppy" and maybe even a little silly. But it looks like they're trying for emotional oomph. They certainly need it, for a signature song. I don't think this train has reached that station yet though.

EDIT: I've thought about it and compared it to a few Muse songs, and an idea I had since the first time I played the two songs back to back remains. Back in ep2, Chika said she wanted to make a song like Yume no Tobira and Happy Party Train's first two minutes really give me the same feeling as Yume no Tobira.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2017-03-05 at 11:26.
Old 2017-03-09, 06:55   Link #118
novalysis

Personally, I think HPT makes me abit worried as to how Aqours will carry out their promise of walking their own path independent of Muse in the next season of Sunshine, at least musically speaking. Daydream Warriors and Thrilling One Way were interesting answers, but if the anime songs are going to be all like HPT, there are going to be some complaints that Aqours isn't walking their own path and Episode's 12 promise was broken by some of the audience. I was hoping for something ... more bolder than what we got for HPT, not something that gives off the same vibes as Yume no Tobira.....

TLDR for second part: Two Questions:
1. Why is Guilty Kiss so much more popular than the other sub-units?
2. Why is Guilty Kiss, in terms of streams performing better than main unit songs, other than the Animated Singles? Shouldn't sub-unit songs be only viewed by the sub-set of the same proportion of the fanbase that also hunts down the BD songs?

On a different note, I'd like to drop in some interesting observations about the popularity of sub-unit BD songs, at least by youtube previews on the Lantis Channel. Guilty Kiss is more or less leading the other sub-units by a huge chasm in the most recent sub-unit song previews.

While HPT stands at 658k views, that's not a comparable song - animated MVs always gets magnitudes more views than any other releases, especially BD releases whether it be sub-unit or main unit or year trio releases.

On the other hand, two weeks into the sub-unit BD song releases, some interesting patterns have emerged in view counts. I'd let the numbers tell the story.

Guilty Eyes Fever (Guilty Kiss) - 309k views - released two weeks ago
Lonely Tuning (AZALEA) - 173k views - released two weeks ago
PS Musou (CyaRon) -152k views - released two weeks ago
Thrilling One way (Full unit) - 300k Views - released a month ago
G Senjou (Third Years) - 276k Views - released 2 months ago
Daydream Warriors (Full unit) - 477k views - released three months ago.

All are BD songs, so they around the same "tier" of songs when it comes to view counts.

The most interesting thing is that the gap between Guilty Kiss and CyaRon is absurd - Guilty Kiss beats out CyaRon in view counts by a factor of 2 to 1. Moreover, the gap between AZALEA and CyaRon is far narrower than Guilty Kiss and AZALEA. So clearly, the proclamations that Guilty Kiss is the best sub-unit as often happens in many places both on youtube and other wise isn't simply subjective here. In terms of view count, Guilty Kiss is way way ahead of the other sub-units. Why is that so? This is the first question I'd like to put up for discussion.

Another interesting thing here is that Guilty Eyes Fever has more or less beaten Thrilling One Way, which has been out longer and is a main unit song. Sub-unit songs, even BD songs, ought not to be beating a main unit song which has been out longer. The real test of course is whether Guilty Eyes Fever can overtake Daydream Warriors, whose genre is the same as Daydream Warriors, though I must caution that Daydream Warriors has ten weeks more of being up than Guilty Eyes Fever. This leads on to the second question: Sub-unit songs aren't supposed to do BETTER than main unit songs even if these are BD songs. So why is Guilty Kiss, and Guilty Kiss alone beating main unit songs in stream counts? Where are all the additional viewers coming from?

Now, of course, I am aware that streaming views do not necessarily correspond to BD sales, though Guilty Kiss did beat out the other two sub-units in BD sales for their first single a year back. And we'd probably have to wait for the second sub-unit single previews to be released and run for two weeks before a clearer trend can be established. But it does seem there's actual evidence to support the notion that Guilty Kiss is exceptionally popular for a sub-unit.

Last edited by novalysis; 2017-03-09 at 07:13.
Old 2017-03-09, 07:08   Link #119
Jimmy C

The vibes aren't a serious concern, yet. Emotions are limited, so methods of achieving emotional impact are similar for a particular emotion. Meaning, if you want a song that evokes a feeling of "love" it's going to sound like other songs that evoke a feeling of love, mostly.

The more serious complaint is the fact that the available two minutes sound more like a trio song with six backup singers than a nine person song. If the rest of the song follows the same structure, this would set a bad precedent for the remaining center-vote songs.
Old 2017-03-09, 14:24   Link #120
Laevatein

I'd guess that Guilty Kiss' popularity is because their material is different to the typical Love Live fare and has more of an edge, thus drawing in people who wouldn't consider themselves fans of the show, or idol anime in general.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote