AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-08, 13:08   Link #101
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Decent episode. Groundwork aplenty. Waiting for the second season announcement because there is no way in heck enough gets resolved in two episodes. If Citrus got a second season (which I am down with), I can't see why Bloom Into You can't either.

For me, the one payoff of this episode was that final bit after the ending credits. It explains plenty. It's a source of empathy that is necessary.
Old 2018-12-08, 13:18   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Decent episode. Groundwork aplenty. Waiting for the second season announcement because there is no way in heck enough gets resolved in two episodes. If Citrus got a second season (which I am down with), I can't see why Bloom Into You can't either.

For me, the one payoff of this episode was that final bit after the ending credits. It explains plenty. It's a source of empathy that is necessary.
Wait, Citrus got a second season?!
Old 2018-12-08, 14:12   Link #103
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, it did. Seems like enough of a flow-on (or as I like to refer to as the Chihayafuru effect) from viewers to manga sales happened in the lead-up to its final volume. Even in a year where anime sales for series have been quite low in Japan, titles are getting more time.

Given the amount of effort that has been put into Bloom Into You, I'd be sad if it didn't get another season. Only just noticed that Michiru Oshima was doing the music. Definitely explains why it's been so on-point.

Although on the issues of effort...was it just me or were the skin tones really different this episode? Some character art seemed a bit rushed. Maybe because so much was put into the 9th episode?
Old 2018-12-09, 14:06   Link #104
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Koyomi deserves a standing ovation already, penetrating through part of Touko's barrier with nothing but impartial observation and basic principles of creative thinking. That said, when I saw who was getting the role of lover I had to pause the video. Sayaka, you don't deserve such suffering Yuu and Touko were their usual selves this episode, with savage retorts from the former and the latter cutely trying to not drown herself in her little cutie again, but of course, as the last part showed, there's more to this dynamic, and it's not all good, or rather, pretty sad to see.

Not as sad as that flashback, though! As if losing her big sister wasn't enough, Touko is also dealing with what has to be heart crushing guilt. Do your best, Yuu!

Well, at least one lesbian couple is doing just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Koyomi is quite perceptive (and cute).
Yes to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Still, Touko as a patient and Yuu as a nurse who is taking care of her - That is quite a sad way to view their real relationship right?
True, but it's also appropiate.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it did.
Wait, What!? How did I not know this? Sure you're not referring to the spinoff manga? (Which I hope has more Matsuri). Either way, I wouldn't mind more citrus; even if it can't hold a candle to Bloom Into You, the anime did not deserve to end in the borefast that was the twins arc.

Quote:
Given the amount of effort that has been put into Bloom Into You, I'd be sad if it didn't get another season. Only just noticed that Michiru Oshima was doing the music. Definitely explains why it's been so on-point.
You, me, everyone who appreciates yuri and/or good storytelling in general...

Quote:
Although on the issues of effort...was it just me or were the skin tones really different this episode? Some character art seemed a bit rushed. Maybe because so much was put into the 9th episode?
Weird, I thought the previous episode was the one that had something off with designs and overall direction, besides the scenes in the shed, that is, those were fantastic.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 02:17   Link #105
Marina2

Special Dialogue: Bloom into You Nakatani Nio x Series Editor ・ Kusunoki “Ego determines Character” (translated)

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1...wuOXT1zzbY/pub

Be aware, some parts of it has spoiler from manga vol.5-6. (Anime is at vol.4) Don't know who am I suppose to give credit to.

Quote:
Nakatani: Also another thing from around the beginning, taking into consideration of having a relation with a male character. I think I was able to draw it so that it was easy to understand that he was not getting in the way of the relationship between the two. But there’s no meaning to making an appearance if there’s no reason for it. Even though there was a significance to the work, I kept in mind that the male character should have a position that doesn’t get in the way of their relationship.

Kusunoki: Maki-kun has a whole speech about “I completely do not appear on stage”.

Nakatani: Regarding Maki-kun, first there was wanting to have a character with the trait of “not appearing on stage,” that is a figure that agrees with the demand for male characters in a yuri work.
Good job sensei!.
Old 2018-12-14, 11:15   Link #106
MartianMage

The design on Touko's shirt looks like an inverted DotA 2 icon

Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 14:18   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's quite the bomb Ichigaya dropped on Touko. She's been trying to become her sister all this time, and now she found out her model wasn't as perfect as she thought she was. She seemed full of flaws in fact. I didn't see that reveal coming. It was so obvious that the main character of the play reflected Touko that I never stopped to think her sister might have been like her. We're all like that to some extent, showing different sides of us depending on the people we're interacting with. Why would Touko's sister be different? Ironically, this means Touko is actually more like her sister than she thought.

Sayaka and Yuu's thoughts throughout the episode were interesting too. They were both really conscious of Touko.
Old 2018-12-15, 06:14   Link #108
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 11:

Good for Koito-san that Sayaka is there in the room. It probably would have been another french kiss scene if Sayaka was not there. Nanami herself said it would have been "dangerous". XD

Important piece of the story that that former classmate of her sister was invited as an advisor. Nanami learned some secret things about her sis.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 07:09   Link #109
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Above the norm episode. Spanner in the works 'kind of' happened yet it didn't feel like it. But was suspecting that since it's a 13 episode season. I suppose a reveal/incident during either the final minutes of 12 or about halfway through 13 is more likely.
Old 2018-12-17, 22:49   Link #110
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"So, the girl ends with the lover... hmmm, something doesn't feel right about that".

Not even in a goddamn play can Sayaka catch a break

Sorry, Yuu, but your cool deadpan tone didn't quite work this time You're cute even when in deep denial, so it's cool. On a related note, it's impressive how this story can take a concept "three thirsty ladies in a room" and still make it more dramatic than anything else. Sure, Sayaka was acting like a harem love interest for a moment there, but it was actually cute, and it's not like this is some super fancy shoujo manga in the first place, some levity is perfectly fine. Honestly, I laughed more than ocne through that sequence

Quote:
That's quite the bomb Ichigaya dropped on Touko. She's been trying to become her sister all this time, and now she found out her model wasn't as perfect as she thought she was. She seemed full of flaws in fact. I didn't see that reveal coming. It was so obvious that the main character of the play reflected Touko that I never stopped to think her sister might have been like her. We're all like that to some extent, showing different sides of us depending on the people we're interacting with. Why would Touko's sister be different?
Oh, thank God, I thought everyone else had figured it out since the get go, I mean, it's so obvious when you think about it: For Touko to become her sister, that would mean she knows everything about her, but of course, there's no way that's possible, and the story itself has already shown that through Touko.

Quote:
this means Touko is actually more like her sister than she thought.
Both in flaws and magical charisma (remember how quickly Sayaka fell for her).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 13:24   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 12 was so good. Touko is currently as lost as the character in the play. I was happy she confided in Yuu, though the latter kind of had to "coerce" her by inviting her to her house. Then once she was alone with Yuu, it all came pouring out, including the reason she doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her. I had a good inkling that was it, but the way she just whispered it in Yuu's ear left a really big impact.

At this point Yuu has accepted her feelings for Touko. "Don't say you hate what I like", yep, that's pretty clear. I wish she had told that to Touko, but given Touko's current state of mind, it would have probably done more harm than good. Using the play as a proxy to make her realize that she needs to accept herself as she is now is a better approach.

At this point I can safely say this is one of my favorite anime this year. I hope the final episode will live up to the rest of the series.
Old 2018-12-21, 13:28   Link #112
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Really, it would be great if they do a double-length ep. for the last one to cover the festival, the play and the aftermath, though, it is highly unlikely.

And it's a pity they had to skip the chapter dedicated to Koyomi (it was good). Although, it's understandable.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 13:34   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
At this point I can safely say this is one of my favorite anime this year. I hope the final episode will live up to the rest of the series.
I totally agree with you. I'll be ordering the manga once the last episode has been watched!

Just wanted to point out that I've been listening to the soundtrack for the past couple of days and it's a work of beauty. I've been a fan of Michiru Oshima's works for a good while now and this is easily her best work.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2018-12-21 at 13:57.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 16:03   Link #114
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Episode 12 was definitely a winner. Yuu really bloomed this episode. Good on her.

Oshima's soundtrack definitely suits the series but I wouldn't put it above what she did for The Tatami Galaxy, though.

Something I noted across the web - there was some real downvoting for Episode 11. I guess it was too stalling/fillerish for a lot of people. Sincerely hope that 12 goes back to the top end of the scale for them.

Now to wait for what will go down in that final episode.

And I stand by what I said before. I can't see 13 being the last episode ever of this title. Hopefully manga sales will be boosted enough for there to be more adapted content.
Old 2018-12-22, 05:44   Link #115
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

A well done episode, Yuu now has a goal. To stop Nanami sempai from self hate. I hope she succeed.

Even if they have popsicles, Yuu's room must have been hot like a sauna.. most aggressive scene so far.
Old 2018-12-22, 06:22   Link #116
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't think I could even call it aggressive. Frankly, Kase-san and Morning Glories, despite its overall sweetness, hit something far more loaded multiple times within its mere one hour frame compared to 12 episodes of this. Also, this is something Yuu is exerting control in, so if we really want to use that term, things that happened in episodes 2 and 5 feel more apt for that term.
Old 2018-12-22, 16:16   Link #117
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Something I noted across the web - there was some real downvoting for Episode 11. I guess it was too stalling/fillerish for a lot of people. Sincerely hope that 12 goes back to the top end of the scale for them.
Set-up chapters right before the end of an anime kind of suck as far as payoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
And it's a pity they had to skip the chapter dedicated to Koyomi (it was good). Although, it's understandable.
I'm not sure they skipped Koyomi... I guess we'll see.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 19:29   Link #118
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Set-up chapters right before the end of an anime kind of suck as far as payoff..
And yet I feel 4 was far more guilty of that....

11 had that well-handled service scene, significant moments for core characters, true colours for all members of the triangle. Sure, it was setup but it was hardly pointless.
Old 2018-12-22, 22:07   Link #119
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
11 had that well-handled service scene, significant moments for core characters, true colours for all members of the triangle. Sure, it was setup but it was hardly pointless.
I meant "setup" more in the sense that it was an awkward spot for an episode that renewed the triangle and focused on Sayaka, even if she is underrated and needed more screen time.

There needs to be a season 2...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 05:53   Link #120
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Current votes on MAL for episode 12. Looks like plenty of people were satisfied. Yagate has been one of the better yuri shows I've seen.

Looking forward to the last episode. I hope this sells well, so we have a season 2.

Tags
yuri