AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-12-16, 10:13   Link #4341
MAX_COLA_POWER!

When treating the losing of Ban’s immortality as the biggest tragedy ever overlaps the fact that his and Elaine’s promise was finally fulfilled, you know your manga was successful in making its public not give a shit about romance anymore. Just change his occupation from immortal to thief in SDS roster jeez -_-. I know the whole chapter was corny but can someone be legitimately be happy for them and not care about him not being immortal for once? I think curing cancer/aids hasn’t received these many suggestions...
Old 2018-12-16, 14:05   Link #4342
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, no, don't get me wrong; I'm all for rooting for Ban and Elaine's love. Ban reviving Elaine is definitely good, but him losing his immortality and also not having had his lifespan lengthened would be bad. If he died too soon, Elaine would be hurt.
Old 2018-12-16, 15:04   Link #4343
Homura7

He spent thousands of years in Purgatory. You would have to be naive to think that didn't affect his lifespan somehow. I bet Ban can now live for at least few thousand years.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 19:14   Link #4344
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Oh, no, don't get me wrong; I'm all for rooting for Ban and Elaine's love. Ban reviving Elaine is definitely good, but him losing his immortality and also not having had his lifespan lengthened would be bad. If he died too soon, Elaine would be hurt.
In fact, pretty much everyone in this thread is concerned about Ban losing his immortality precisely because this means he may not be able to spend centuries with Elaine, so I don't get MAX_COLA_POWER!'s post.
Old 2018-12-17, 17:05   Link #4345
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's really a nice result though. Ban going around looking for a way to revive Elaine for such a long time. It ate at him and left him in despair that they might be eternally separated. And yet the answer was literally inside him this whole time . No magic spell from another person or miracle object he had to find. Literally the answer was his own magic. It required time and a pretty extreme situation for him to hone his magic to its fullest potential, but it all worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
When treating the losing of Ban’s immortality as the biggest tragedy ever overlaps the fact that his and Elaine’s promise was finally fulfilled, you know your manga was successful in making its public not give a shit about romance anymore. Just change his occupation from immortal to thief in SDS roster jeez -_-. I know the whole chapter was corny but can someone be legitimately be happy for them and not care about him not being immortal for once? I think curing cancer/aids hasn’t received these many suggestions...
Are you actually reading any of these comments or just seeing "immortality" and then just presuming what people are talking about?

No one would care about his immortality being lost if they didn't care about his relationship with Elaine. Did you forget that faeries and humans have rather different lifespans? The whole point of the discussion is whether they spend her full lifespan together or he dies several decades from now and she's left alone for hundreds of years. It shouldn't be necessary to explain this.
Old 2018-12-17, 17:47   Link #4346
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The whole point of the discussion is whether they spend her full lifespan together or he dies several decades from now and she's left alone for hundreds of years.
Thousands. The sister of the first Fairy King was alive 3000 years ago, and she's alive now.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 05:17   Link #4347
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
It's really a nice result though. Ban going around looking for a way to revive Elaine for such a long time. It ate at him and left him in despair that they might be eternally separated. And yet the answer was literally inside him this whole time . No magic spell from another person or miracle object he had to find. Literally the answer was his own magic. It required time and a pretty extreme situation for him to hone his magic to its fullest potential, but it all worked out.
Yeah, it's amazing how he didn't need any real outside help to figure it out aside from just being shown the way into Purgatory. I like that he can both gift and steal now, and that former helped him revived Elaine.

Quote:
Are you actually reading any of these comments or just seeing "immortality" and then just presuming what people are talking about?

No one would care about his immortality being lost if they didn't care about his relationship with Elaine. Did you forget that faeries and humans have rather different lifespans? The whole point of the discussion is whether they spend her full lifespan together or he dies several decades from now and she's left alone for hundreds of years. It shouldn't be necessary to explain this.
Yes, thank you. I completely agree about the Ban immortality thing and his relationship with Elaine. But yeah, fairies can live for thousands of years or more. Like Anh_Minh said, look at Gloxinia's sister (I forget her name).
Old 2018-12-24, 14:29   Link #4348
XFire
150% done

Huh. Well, I got what I wanted

Spoiler for new chapter:
Old 2018-12-24, 16:42   Link #4349
Hakai

The Sinner is coughing blood from King's attack, damn.
Old 2018-12-24, 19:10   Link #4350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

King is too awesome now. In both looks and power. He already singlehandedly beat 4 commandments Mael so I very much doubt he will beat the original demon as well though. Still think Ban will do it.
Old 2018-12-24, 20:02   Link #4351
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it'll probably be Ban. But hopefully King won't do too badly either.
Old 2018-12-24, 20:45   Link #4352
Wandering Soul

Well, it only makes sense Escanor finally got taken out. King will probably put up a good fight, but the win will most likely go to Ban. He sort of needs it.
Old 2018-12-24, 20:51   Link #4353
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. And I really want him to get his Sacred Treasure back. Wonder when that'll happen.
Old 2018-12-24, 21:41   Link #4354
SilverGlavenus

Elvis "King" Presley is too dope now.

I just realized, they are about to gather up, beat the Sinner and then our boy Meliodas is bound to come out.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 21:50   Link #4355
XFire
150% done

King and Ban beat the Sinner....and then Meliodas beats them both down right after.

Arthur comes back...and Mel beats him down.

The sins all rally and Merlin heals/boosts them....and Mel beats them down.

Demon King and Goddess appear, the whole war was somehow to seal Mel's power or something, they lock him away while the sins and company train.

Queue final arc.
Old 2018-12-24, 23:00   Link #4356
Hakai

Commandments absorbed Mel is gonna Massacre everyone so badly, can't wait. They are likely going to be saved by Emotion Mel, either by coming back inside the real world Mel and becoming the captain again, or we get Emotion Mel(+sins) vs 5 Commandments Mel before they merge.
Old 2018-12-24, 23:57   Link #4357
Twi

5 bucks on Ban just using Steal and taking the Commandments out of him.
Old 2018-12-25, 12:11   Link #4358
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'd like it if he gets to keep the Commandments and also get his emotions back.

@Hakai: Would be good either way, for the Meliodas part. I'd prefer it more if his emotions return to him immediately when they get back to the real world, though.
Old 2018-12-29, 01:24   Link #4359
marvelB

Super late in commenting, but I'm a little sad to see that peak Escanor is no match for the Original Demon. It was expected, but still sad for me nonetheless (I still think that spread of those two fighting was awesome, though). I don''t doubt that King will put up a better fight, but I don't expect him to be victorious, either. And as much as I'd love to see Ban take that monster down, a part of me still suspects that a revived Arthur will be the one to finish the job.... but we'll see. Maybe Suzuki has a different surprise in store for us....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 04:13   Link #4360
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Super late in commenting, but I'm a little sad to see that peak Escanor is no match for the Original Demon. It was expected, but still sad for me nonetheless (I still think that spread of those two fighting was awesome, though).
Wrong translation it seems.
In the official release

Someone from MH who can read Japanese also confirmed the Sinner said "past the peak".

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen