AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 38.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 11.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 7.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-24, 00:04   Link #41
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
I forget, was it mention what date they are in? cause i know it not Christmas yet cause kamachi has been teasing us that for a while. Any guess anyone?

cause NT19 ended on Dec 12
I think it most likely around Dec.15-Dec.16 at night.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 07:00   Link #42
mark1246

WOW, found this post on 4chan and it ridiculous stupid how true it is for the progress of what happen in the novel so far

Spoiler for Timeline so far in NT20:

thoughts
Old 2018-06-25, 08:04   Link #43
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
I'm not even lying when I say it's all been glorious so far.

Still wish Index had more of a role though. Othinus has all but taken her position as magic explainer.
Old 2018-06-25, 09:53   Link #44
KiharaRonin

All of this has been awesome, though I had hoped Index would finally regain her role.

I also wonder if, with all this, magic will finally be revealed to the world. We've had a bunch of excuses, cover ups, and convenient situations which have kept hidden but this on a level higher than Misha!
Old 2018-06-27, 11:59   Link #45
mark1246

You can tell the hype for Toaru has died down a lot, cause I remember back then there were like 10+ pages every time there was an update to a chapter for an vol. where almost done with NT20 and we’re like have 3 pages in total. Kinda sad ��
Old 2018-06-27, 12:52   Link #46
KiharaRonin

While I do notice a decline, this is the only volume to be this slow and while I don't why, we've been slammed with hype Toaru news recently and people were fussing over that. Other sites, forums, and the Discord are discussing up storms. Perhaps its just none of the users are coming on and/or are busy. Others may be reading and waiting til the end to comment cause its so batshit crazy awesome, they want to be able to compile their thoughts.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:37   Link #47
bakato

I think it's more like fans taking their discussion elsewhere like reddit or discord.
Old 2018-06-27, 14:57   Link #48
KiharaRonin

Good point! As I said, those places have strong discussions currently going.
Old 2018-06-28, 22:53   Link #49
itine
No Book No Live

TL;DR…
Chp 3 - Birdway
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

TL;DR…
Chp 4 - Othinus

Touma please,..
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 23:08   Link #50
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Othinus being useful and cute, couldn't ask for more. That said, the whole scenario has been really fun so far

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post
TL;DR…
Chp 3 - Birdway

TL;DR…
Chp 4 - Othinus

Touma please,..
Continue, you're doing great.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 18:17   Link #51
mark1246

hey guys Question about this part:

Spoiler for spoiler about the misaka part:
Old 2018-06-30, 18:28   Link #52
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
hey guys Question about this part:

Spoiler for spoiler about the misaka part:
It was just some Crowley who get lost well trying to get to the 53 Countries of the commonwealth.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 23:35   Link #53
Chosen_Hero

Well, the biggest plot twist of the entire series is finally revealed:
Spoiler for Mind Blown:

Well, I might get my wish of Touma finally meeting Mikoto's father, now THAT has the potential of being a wild adventure.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2018-07-01 at 02:01.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 19:03   Link #54
Lucas99
The Reader

oh man when is the next vol. coming out this just leave me hanging -__-

oh yeah accel seems to be collecting evil harem members evil clone nxt is artificial demon what could be next I wonder XD

WN/LN - Reading: Mushoku Tensei • Zhan Long • World Teacher • Arifureta • Legendary Moonlight Scupltor • Re:Monster • Suterareta Yuusha • Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan • Word Master • Mahouka Kouko • Campione • Magika no Kenshi to Basileus • Risou no Himo Seikatsu • Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Last edited by Lucas99; 2018-07-01 at 19:13.
Lucas99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 19:15   Link #55
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas99 View Post
oh man when is the next vol. coming out this just leave me hanging -__-
well if he doesn't take any break and if we follow his rule of switching between his different LN series. by either November or December

Any kamachi work release this month?

PS: just realize it but it took 19 days for JS06 to translate this. huh
Old 2018-07-01, 21:30   Link #56
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I just want to say that NT20 was a fan-f*cking-tastic novel from start to finish.

This was easily worth the 8 month wait.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-07-01 at 22:09.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 22:40   Link #57
Requiem-x
The slacking one

In hindsight, I should've seen that last twist coming, but I'm very glad to have missed it. Now its time to make the trademark line happen; science and magic will finally clash! That final bit is easily one of the hypest moments in NT along Touma swearing to protect Othinus at the end of NT9 and Kamisato's introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I just want to say that NT20 was a fan-f*cking-tactic novel from start to finish.

God, was it that long? Doesn't feel like it now that I've finished reading it. Probably because it wasn't nearly as nightmarish of an experience to me as the wait for NT9.

It certainly was one of the most solid volumes in a while; a fun adventure from beginning to end, and Touma didn't even have to punch a girl Funnily enough, it could easily be seen as a pitstop in the way to the real fight, but it was rather a very necessary step to emphasize the "war" aspect of the whole operation, as was using Orsola rather than someone like Stiyl or Acqua (Othi-tan's extra screentime also makes sense given the message of understanding, or rather, it becomes a matter of course), and as said before, there was also a lot of fun, with my favorite part still being Shiage's improvised nun bus (Othinus actually trying to get a date with Touma in the middle of all the chaos was really close, though). That image is just too fun not to love it. Wish I could say Shiage deserves more screentime for the next volume because of that, but I don't want a repeat of WWIII, so lets keep him in the van (Not that I have many hopes of that actually happening).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 04:13   Link #58
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I just want to say that NT20 was a fan-f*cking-tastic novel from start to finish.

Yeah, I binge read all of it today (other than the previous PV) now that it is completely out.

I really enjoyed this novel and it was very much worth the wait. I love how it sets so many things up. There were a few aspects to this that I particularly liked, but the stuff in the epilogue and after the epilogue were by far the most interesting things in this volume. I also appreciate the afterword lol, first bugs and now plants.

This is really hypey. I'm going to try to get a review out for this sometime in the next two weeks. This made me very happy.

And yeah Requiem-x I think that the end of NT 9 and now the end of NT 20 are some of the hypest moments we've had so far. That ending was quite unexpected. I didn't see any of it coming. Like not at all.

I'm going to be honest. I can't predict where this series is going anymore ... and somehow I think I really love this fact. It feels so much freer and more exciting.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 09:37   Link #59
KiharaRonin

Since about, I'd say OT3 (though I still love the first two books), I've seen this series just get better and better. I can thoroughly say I enjoy each volume because each one is different and unique, in spite of some similarities in story structure. There's some volumes that stand out and I think I've found another one, but there's something that makes this one special.
NT20 is simply a fun ride through and through. There's so much I loved so I'm gonna try to keep this brief but... just wow.
Fun use of the England cast, I'm glad they were used well and love how real life it feels to hear them talk like they've been doing their own thing. That's an aspect of Kamachi's writing people miss when they cry about irrelevant characters not being forced into a story. These characters have lives and though the story doesn't show us every aspect of those lives, this makes them feel realistic. (Bring on the angry mob!)
The story just keeps getting better and better. Kamachi has a way of taking something simple, turning up the crazy scale to a number higher than there is Crowley's Hazards, and adding in enough twists to make a race track look like a straight line. This volume in particular has awesome developments. The ending sets up for an NT21 which will surely be a book to remember!
Overall, I'm excited to see where this goes next and am curious where everyone will go after this chaos ends.
Old 2018-07-02, 10:02   Link #60
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There can't be angry mob if they stopped buying the books for a while .