AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-17, 08:29   Link #21
newsbinreporter

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, expecially redwoodtreespirit for taking the time to summarize and link your message. I will see if I can download or buy some of these animes.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:33   Link #22
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristophanes
Dude, kids shouldn't be exposed to nudity at 4.
I agree completely. -_-
Old 2006-02-17, 08:39   Link #23
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, the Japanese version is wonderful. It has a lot of romance and kissing and marriage and eternal love between our main couple, the best couple, Usagi and Mamoru (Serena and Darien). The main couple is the best couple every and they get married and have a family. It's a very mature series, but appropriate for all ages. I have been a fan since 1995 and I'm still a fan now. I love romance and love stories, and this series is 200 episodes and has an amazing love story and an amazing, wonderful, charming, hot guy. It's a wonderful series and it is mature, but for all audiences. Get the Japanese version. The manga has a sex scene, the anime doesn't. A wonderful love story. The main hero, Mamoru/Darien/Tuxedo Mask/Kamen is very handsome. I've been a fan of his since 1995.
It is SO not for all ages. Not in America. There's lots of sexual jokes and there's homsexuality too?

Quote:
Marmalade Boy is also appropriate for all ages.
I don't agree with that either. A girl specifically asks Miki whether she and Yuu have "made love in bed" and there's other stuff pertaining to that, and even the suggestion of incest. Not for four-year-olds.-_-
Old 2006-02-17, 08:44   Link #24
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
LMAO I think the poster has clearly said...They want something that they can watch...He/She only wants something that kids would be entertained by but at the same time something that impresses he//she...He//She has said they don't care about the kids' taste..Only that it is decent enuff for them to watch without understanding...Basically suggest non-kid titles that kids would be entertained enuff with to watch with an adult...

....right^^?
*sticks tongue out at you* So? I know adults who watch Futago Hime and they enjoy it for what it is.
Old 2006-02-17, 18:47   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ Well newsbinreporter had an oppurtunity to back me up but didn't so i don't know anymore...But I remember him/her saying they don't care about the kid's taste cause they're too young to understand anyways...So stick that tounge back in your Ramen-hole
Old 2006-02-18, 15:10   Link #26
Chiibi

*pulls eyelids down at you as well*

What's up with that in anime anyway? XD
Old 2006-02-18, 16:05   Link #27
lavielove

You watched "Monster" with kids ^o^ no wonder they slept.I gave up watching "Monster" coz I slept during watching the first two episodes. Tell me you don't know anythings about One-Piece and Wolf's rain.

If you find that those animes are somewhat story oriented and kids may not be interested go with Pokemon or Kappa no Kaikata like others suggested.Kappa was freakingly popular when it was released in Japan.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:15   Link #28
Cyz
"Show it to me"

hmm lemme see, try watching bleach (it has actions and comedy -- less on the serious stuffs ), sister princess repure and sister princess is also good, air, kanon and new ones like fate/stay night, and rozen maiden traumend is good too . if you want on the ecchi side, i recommend dears and maburaho. hmm, that's all i can think
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-02-18, 16:29   Link #29
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Full metal Panic: All series. Lil blood here lil blood there a hot spring scené, but cloud's cover it all up. Watched this with my 4year old nephew he isn't corrupted yet. o_O. Very cood combo of Mech, story, comedy.

School rumble: Watched this with a 8 year he cant read english sub's he laughed a lot during this serie, because of funny scené like Imadori roll!!(something like that <.< ). Just hilarious.

Honey & Clover: is cool it lets the kid's wont get bored atleast as long Morita is around. o_O As it is a perfect combo of Drama and Comedy. <3 (My favourite serie.) its about colledge student's which is a nice point of view instead of having teen love storie's 24/7. The joke's are also great.
Old 2006-02-18, 20:15   Link #30
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think your kids can watch Rozen Maiden with you. There are cute dolls! lol
Old 2006-02-18, 20:17   Link #31
Anime+
Banned

You might want to check out Suzuka or Ah! My Goddess.
Old 2006-02-18, 21:37   Link #32
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Full metal Panic: All series. Lil blood here lil blood there a hot spring scené, but cloud's cover it all up.
Not if you adjust the contrast

hehe...just set the level back and you will see more than before Xp
Old 2006-02-28, 13:24   Link #33
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
POKEMON AND YUGIOH! xD just kidding just kidding

um......why not try KamiKaze Kaitoh jeanne or Fruits basket. They remind me of little kids shows xD
Old 2006-02-28, 14:21   Link #34
mangafanatic

Wow, no one suggested Full Moon Wo Sagashite? Shame. Shame. Shame. :lol: No, really, Full Moon (once you get past the fillers, which aren't that bad for the most part anyways) captivated my attention while still maintaining an innocence which is family friendly. Another show that's licensed but basically family friendly is Kaleido Star ( the only issue I can think of is that, Fool, a spirit, is always wanting girls to take showers in his presence, but this is played for laughs and NEVER happens.) While this show does fall prey to the "competitor/obstacle of the week" issue, it's still cute and fun. That's what I would go with if I were you!
Old 2006-03-01, 07:27   Link #35
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

mahoraba
binchotan
princess nine
Marchen awakens romance
yakitatte
mermaid melody pichi
kagihime (i think)
Old 2006-03-01, 13:30   Link #36
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
If you can say what you enjoy watching when there aren't any kids in the room, it will be easier to suggest similiar titles. But I will try and take a stab at it.

Yakitate Japan! is a very entertaining, and would be ok to be watching while a child was in the room. It turns bread making into an intense sport and the characters are hilarious.

Aishiteruze Baby is very good too.

I have to agree with Beck. Its a great anime without having anything too dirty or violent.

As far as licensed stuff...

Initial was another good suggestion I saw. A racing anime that is very good even if you aren't a car fanatic. While there are a few romantic interests in the anime, there is no nudity or sex.

Fruits Basket is one of my all time favs. Its technically shoujo, but I know a lot of guys enjoy it for the humor. It's a feel good anime which would definately be safe for little eyes to see.
Old 2006-03-02, 05:41   Link #37
wao
OK.

Here's a very strong recommendation for Princess Tutu. If you absolutely cannot stand shows with frills and pretty things then don't watch it, but while on the surface it might seem like a normal, perhaps typical mahou shoujo show, please believe me that it isn't. I dislike watching almost any kind of mahou shoujo show. I can't stand them, I don't even like plain old shoujo, but I really enjoyed Princess Tutu. It's one of my most memorable anime...

The story seems innocuous enough at first but there really is actually quite a lot going on behind it. The way they subtly weave it in and start making it clearer towards the 2nd season is just amazing! I wasn't too impressed by the 1st season at first but really, by the end of the 2nd season I almost cried. Some things might seem cheesy but they're quite ok in the context of the cheesiness you get in many children's shows... The atmosphere and setting more than make up for it, however. The animation is not awful, and the backgrounds, the classical look with the classical music provides a very charming backdrop for the story - which has its quirky and funny bits, and yet I feel it really brings a different side to the classic story that takes place over the first season..

It's quite safe. Unless your kids take the show seriously and start realising what it's aout at the end and start feeling sad... nah, they won't commit suicide...
Old 2006-03-02, 08:35   Link #38
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
Wow, no one suggested Full Moon Wo Sagashite? Shame. Shame. Shame. :lol: No, really, Full Moon (once you get past the fillers, which aren't that bad for the most part anyways) captivated my attention while still maintaining an innocence which is family friendly. Another show that's licensed but basically family friendly is Kaleido Star ( the only issue I can think of is that, Fool, a spirit, is always wanting girls to take showers in his presence, but this is played for laughs and NEVER happens.) While this show does fall prey to the "competitor/obstacle of the week" issue, it's still cute and fun. That's what I would go with if I were you!
Meh....I think the second half of FMWS would make the kids cry too much...:/

...I mean I certainly did. And the death theme...yeah...I dunno about that.
Old 2006-03-02, 09:56   Link #39
horndogbuddhist

Send a message via AIM to horndogbuddhist Send a message via Yahoo to horndogbuddhist
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsbinreporter
Yes, I am indeed very old for a anime fan. Young people nowaday do not have any manner

Thanks for all the recommendations, I am already caught up with initial D and will give King of Bandit Jing a try. For clarification, I do not want Pokemon-type show, again it is for the old fart, not the kiddies.

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool

DUDE, you can't ever be too old for anime...In japan, there are guys who are in their 40's still watching anime...anime in Japan is what comic books are to us here in the US....so don't worry about what flak anyone is giving to you...but make sure that developmentally that the anime that these kids are watching is something that they can understand the themes and topics discussed....I would suggest Yakitae Japan...it's cute and very simple for even reading toddlers to understand...
Old 2006-03-09, 22:07   Link #40
SeekAndDestroy

If you're looking for something more recent, try watching magikano and mushishi..
Magikano will give you that comedy fix, i can't think of anything kids shouldn't watch on it... on the other side Mushishi feels more like a collection of stories rather than a series, you don't really need to watch one episode to understand the others.. however the stories are very clever and the artwork is beautiful; it will definitely draw you in.................. wow i gotta stop writing posts after midnight my grammar goes to hell....

Last edited by SeekAndDestroy; 2006-03-10 at 11:53.
Closed Thread

Tags
children, family