AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-26, 02:22   Link #1541
Hollowgolem

Sheryl's face couldn't possibly have shown pain on it because she's suffering the effects of

No way.
Old 2011-09-26, 02:27   Link #1542
Hollowgolem

It doesn't matter whether or not she knew it or not.

Ever had the kind of cough that wracks your body? That hurts.

Ever fail at doing something you felt you were duty-bound to do? That hurts, too.

Really, the idea that her pain there is in any way a result of Ranka is silly. The only way Ranka is involved is that she succeeded to do what Sheryl couldn't. But Sheryl was almost certainly more upset by the "not being able to" part of that, rather than the "Ranka did it for me" part.
Old 2011-09-26, 03:33   Link #1543
Hollowgolem

It really is a trap.

Oh well.
Old 2011-09-26, 03:37   Link #1544
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

LMK, you sure are bent on demonizing Sheryl...even in the tiniest of details. You make things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion (and don't deny it, I've seen you and your mentor at it in Bleach forums), without even proper backup to your claims.

You seriously need to loosen up, because at the end of the day, these characters don't exist.

And wow, Sheryl should have told them about her pain before so that there was a chance "they could negotiate with the rebels. Instead, she let everyone fall into a hole that Ranka had to crawl them out of".

Really?

Let's add over-glorifying Ranka to the list.

"The All-About Ranka Show!" /sitcom theme

Last edited by raile; 2011-09-26 at 03:54.
Old 2011-09-26, 03:48   Link #1545
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Hyperbole...pay it no mind.
Oh, alrighty then. But "hate" is such a strong word for message boards disagreements.

And on the subject of LMK... wow, I really don't have the energy to go on long rants anymore about why SxA was so very clear in the series. I guess I said it all already at least thrice before during the years before she arrived.
Old 2011-09-26, 08:53   Link #1546
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, alrighty then. But "hate" is such a strong word for message boards disagreements.
Okay, I'll change it to "detest" if it'll make you happy.

Or perhaps "loathe"? Or maybe I could get all George R.R. Martin on yer ass and use "mislike"...? (even though he doesn't use that word correctly...it means "displease," not "dislike"...)

I strive to please, after all.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:27   Link #1547
teelatsuki

OMG! Sheryl didn't tell anyone about a flu? how terrible... and then it turns out to be a fatal disease and still doesn't say anything so she would not worry her friends? What a selfish bitch!!

I mean seriously? by reading the last three pages of the thread I understand something. LMK tooks at face value whatever happens to coincide witth her views and tooks as lies the things that doesn't. So sheryl wants to stop singing because she said so, even when the escene clearly showed that those were blatant lies!!

Also the thing in galia 4 wasn't just because of Sheryl, don't forget that they were just searching for a reason to revolt, take all the parties into account when making statements, they would have revolted for any other reason have Sheryl been healtly, the only reason Ranka stoped them was because all zentrandis seem to be lolicons(well and plot convenience and of course ranka's song was good)

Try to understand Sheryl more, not everyone could say exactly what they think out loud like Ranka does.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:33   Link #1548
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
OMG! Sheryl didn't tell anyone about a flu? how terrible... and then it turns out to be a fatal disease and still doesn't say anything so she would not worry her friends? What a selfish bitch!!

I mean seriously? by reading the last three pages of the thread I understand something. LMK tooks at face value whatever happens to coincide witth her views and tooks as lies the things that doesn't. So sheryl wants to stop singing because she said so, even when the escene clearly showed that those were blatant lies!!

Also the thing in galia 4 wasn't just because of Sheryl, don't forget that they were just searching for a reason to revolt, take all the parties into account when making statements, they would have revolted for any other reason have Sheryl been healtly, the only reason Ranka stoped them was because all zentrandis seem to be lolicons(well and plot convenience and of course ranka's song was good)

Try to understand Sheryl more, not everyone could say exactly what they think out loud like Ranka does.
Like I said, it's a trap.
Old 2011-09-26, 10:51   Link #1549
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
It’s on Fanfiction.Net if you’re interested in it.
Keep backing up your claims with fan-fiction. You're doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I live in the United States… so I was referring to our copyright and freedom of speech rule here.
Sure, because everyone knows the internet lives to abide by the United States of America's rules. Obviously.
No such thing as a global entity, there.

Old 2011-09-26, 10:59   Link #1550
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
She took the blue pill man, the blue pill...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:02   Link #1551
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Hey...just because Sheryl is the PERSONIFICATION OF AWESOME doesn't mean that Ranka sucks.

LMK doesn't know what she's talking about...but that shouldn't reflect badly on who she likes.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:04   Link #1552
Tak

Quote:
LMK doesn't know what she's talking about...but that shouldn't reflect badly on who she likes.
Considering I reached out my arms and touched Megumi Nakajima last year, I am already way ahead of LMK in the 'likes' department

Even got her autograph, yeah... beat that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:09   Link #1553
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I've become more annoyed with certain fans of Ranka rather than the character herself.

Tak, how could could you violate NakaMegu?!! D8<
Old 2011-09-26, 11:10   Link #1554
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Tak, how could could you violate NakaMegu?!! D8<
I did that to May'n too, I am an equal-opportunity violator.

I couldn't do the same thing this year, because Vocaloids weren't real

- Tak

Old 2011-09-26, 11:17   Link #1555
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Tak
that means...you got May'n's autograph too!?! *envious*

Quote:
That was such an illogical reply of hers that I couldn't help LOL.

Though I think I'm much happier now that I've got a certain thin bar replacing the walls of text on my screen

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-09-26 at 12:07.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:27   Link #1556
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
@Tak
that means...you got May'n's autograph too!?! *envious*
Yep, I posted a picture of it on July last year, which just also happened to be Eurocup season...

Its in a nice little frame.

- Tak

Old 2011-09-26, 11:35   Link #1557
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Considering I reached out my arms and touched Megumi Nakajima last year, I am already way ahead of LMK in the 'likes' department

Even got her autograph, yeah... beat that.

- Tak
ERRGH...why did I have to move to Tokyo MERE DAYS before Anime Expo 2010...?
Old 2011-09-26, 16:19   Link #1558
magnuskn

Quote:
Okay, I'll change it to "detest" if it'll make you happy.

Or perhaps "loathe"? Or maybe I could get all George R.R. Martin on yer ass and use "mislike"...? (even though he doesn't use that word correctly...it means "displease," not "dislike"...)

I strive to please, after all.
Aw, I don't want to use any of those words. ^^
Old 2011-09-26, 16:28   Link #1559
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You guys really need a room...

Old 2011-09-26, 16:31   Link #1560
Tak

Quote:
You guys really need a room...
... which is currently occupied, unfortunately.

- Tak

Closed Thread