AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 05:55   Link #61
anigu
Game maker

A definite watch on my list. Although I hope someone can clarify about this 3 parts bit. As far as I know from somewhere else (and not really trustworthy), each of the part will cover different timeline in the series and will be represented in different formats. The anime will cover one timeline and from the PVs up till now, it seem it is sometime in the future.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:19   Link #62
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
A definite watch on my list. Although I hope someone can clarify about this 3 parts bit. As far as I know from somewhere else (and not really trustworthy), each of the part will cover different timeline in the series and will be represented in different formats. The anime will cover one timeline and from the PVs up till now, it seem it is sometime in the future.
are you sure you are talking about Shinsekai yori and not about Arata naru Sekai?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:14   Link #63
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Willing to bet this is gonna be the best season of the year.
Well that's not sayin' much.

So far it's got my attention, I just hope this isn't a bait n' switch.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:01   Link #64
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
are you sure you are talking about Shinsekai yori and not about Arata naru Sekai?
Okay my bad, just checked it

Guess I was confused with their English translated names. But it's good that I mistook them, now I have another series to look forward to.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 02:48   Link #65
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So in the process of familiarizing myself with the new shows for the next season, I came across this one and I have to say that it managed to grab my attention right away and after why I learned from reading the description and seeing the genre combination (Action/Mystery/Sci-Fi), the character designs and the staff in charge, I can say that it is now one of the shows I'm certain I'll be keeping a close eye on for the next season. It gives me a feeling that it could be a really good anime (the good word on the author and the source also helps boost my confidence).

Well, almost ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
This is getting a lot of attention elsewhere though ... just for the wrong reasons. The manga's getting to a pretty sexual point, I'm sure if you just show those images to other people they probably think this is hentai or something.

Mind you, I don't know anything about the manga beside the few pictures I've seen in this thread (and that NSFW one panel) so I can't really judge it, but if the sex is shown in a ''particular'' manner that makes it seem like it belongs more to a hentai (as in p0rn) rather than an adult work (where it's shown in a mature way) then that would be a real shame for me.

Well, it's generally a good rule to not base the anime on the pre-release manga adaptation(?) so I'll just hope for the best. Like I said, maybe it's not really that bad?

In any case, it's pretty clear that there is going to be a sexual element in the anime going by the brief scene we were shown in the trailer, and it gave me the impression that it wasn't going to be anything of the sort that you'd find in a hentai. Risque, possibly, but for some reason I don't think that's the thing they are going for here.

Since I haven't read the novel, my best guess is that as these 5 age, they will eventually get to experience first hand the wonders of hormones and there will be a minor plot thread of sexual exploration that ties up in the grander scheme of events and other threads as they discover the world past their little fake utopia.

Quote:
Something that I didn't post during the last update (and I just forgot about it afterward) is that they already told us the characters will progress through age 12, 14, and 26, which brings it to a big-scale 3 part work (三部作). People were hung up over the 3-part thingy because they didn't know if it meant 3 cour or what, and I didn't follow up after so I don't know either. The wording's weird because the novel only had 2 parts and I thought it was only going to be 1 cour for sure but after that I don't know if they intend to drag this out since the novel total is around 1000+ pages.
That's ... unlikely. I suppose it will depend on when exactly it is airing (though I seriously doubt this is going to be anything but a late night anime, since it's not exactly something would imagine like this (rat faced people, gore and sex) airing around that time )

I suppose it could mean that the show is going to be time skipping early on 2 years, spend half(?) of the remaining time on the 14-teen era and then skip on to the 26-adults era for the finale. So it's possible they could fit it all in 12-13 episode if they utilize the time and pace things efficiently.

I don't know, this seriously doesn't look anything that could go on for more than 1-cour unless they dragged it on, especially when it's only one novel. Even the Beast Player Erin anime had to go into 2.25 Novels +fillers in order to fit 4 cours, so anything more than a 2 cours here seems really excessive.

Also late response
Quote:
I personally have no idea why the studios continue to adapt these novels (Another, Hyou-ka, Gosick, KamiMemo etc.), I think it's obvious that late night TV horror/mystery anime will never sell well, though I'm definitely not complaining.
I guess that there is just a general interest in the mystery genre at the moment, maybe due to them trying to tab into/grow a new market outside of the normally established ones. Mind you, even though they haven't sold especially well (outside Hyou-ka, and Gosick and Another did pretty okay, not anything great but still) the boost and additional attention given to the original novels might be enough to justify them being made.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad that they are still interested in making more anime like those.
Old 2012-08-22, 04:32   Link #66
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
So in the process of familiarizing myself with the new shows for the next season, I came across this one and I have to say that it managed to grab my attention right away and after why I learned from reading the description and seeing the genre combination (Action/Mystery/Sci-Fi), the character designs and the staff in charge, I can say that it is now one of the shows I'm certain I'll be keeping a close eye on for the next season. It gives me a feeling that it could be a really good anime (the good word on the author and the source also helps boost my confidence).

Well, almost ...

Mind you, I don't know anything about the manga beside the few pictures I've seen in this thread (and that NSFW one panel) so I can't really judge it, but if the sex is shown in a ''particular'' manner that makes it seem like it belongs more to a hentai (as in p0rn) rather than an adult work (where it's shown in a mature way) then that would be a real shame for me.

Well, it's generally a good rule to not base the anime on the pre-release manga adaptation(?) so I'll just hope for the best. Like I said, maybe it's not really that bad?

In any case, it's pretty clear that there is going to be a sexual element in the anime going by the brief scene we were shown in the trailer, and it gave me the impression that it wasn't going to be anything of the sort that you'd find in a hentai. Risque, possibly, but for some reason I don't think that's the thing they are going for here.

Since I haven't read the novel, my best guess is that as these 5 age, they will eventually get to experience first hand the wonders of hormones and there will be a minor plot thread of sexual exploration that ties up in the grander scheme of events and other threads as they discover the world past their little fake utopia.

That's ... unlikely. I suppose it will depend on when exactly it is airing (though I seriously doubt this is going to be anything but a late night anime, since it's not exactly something would imagine like this (rat faced people, gore and sex) airing around that time )

I suppose it could mean that the show is going to be time skipping early on 2 years, spend half(?) of the remaining time on the 14-teen era and then skip on to the 26-adults era for the finale. So it's possible they could fit it all in 12-13 episode if they utilize the time and pace things efficiently.

I don't know, this seriously doesn't look anything that could go on for more than 1-cour unless they dragged it on, especially when it's only one novel. Even the Beast Player Erin anime had to go into 2.25 Novels +fillers in order to fit 4 cours, so anything more than a 2 cours here seems really excessive.

Also late response
I guess that there is just a general interest in the mystery genre at the moment, maybe due to them trying to tab into/grow a new market outside of the normally established ones. Mind you, even though they haven't sold especially well (outside Hyou-ka, and Gosick and Another did pretty okay, not anything great but still) the boost and additional attention given to the original novels might be enough to justify them being made.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad that they are still interested in making more anime like those.
for what i read in other forums the h-scenes are manga-only contents
Old 2012-08-22, 16:42   Link #67
firetiger027

I remember reading somewhere that the manga is really different from the novel and the anime will be really different from the manga. I've been very confused about it, from what I can see the manga looks like it has three main female characters but all the stuff for the anime so far only shows two. Also I think they'll probably be children for a good chunk of it because the boys have female voice actresses, of course they could add male ones later but still.
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 22:06   Link #68
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

so the H is really extreme in the manga? how much in comparison to the likes of aki sora?
Old 2012-09-07, 07:24   Link #69
Debeki

Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 08:22   Link #70
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeki View Post
am I supposed to think 10/2 is the air date?
Old 2012-09-07, 08:33   Link #71
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
am I supposed to think 10/2 is the air date?
Yes, because it is (with an online broadcast on the 28th September).
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 11:29   Link #72
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Still looks like the best show of the season to me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 11:57   Link #73
leokiko

Aside from the horrible character designs, the trailer was awesome. You can really see that this isn't an adaptation from an LN, but from a actual novel.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 12:27   Link #74
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger027 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the manga is really different from the novel and the anime will be really different from the manga. I've been very confused about it, from what I can see the manga looks like it has three main female characters but all the stuff for the anime so far only shows two. Also I think they'll probably be children for a good chunk of it because the boys have female voice actresses, of course they could add male ones later but still.
Spoiler for Manga and anime and novel spoilers...:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 13:40   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see the character designs as bad at all. To each his own.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 14:40   Link #76
Utsuro no Hako

The only objection I have to the design is how they took a typical Japanese school uniform and crossed it with some '70s sci-fi designs out of Logan's Run and said, "See, it's the future!"

Given the quality of all the PVs so far, I'm surprised this thread hasn't generated as much interest as Pscyhopass and K, but I guess that's the difference ads can make -- this show laid out the plot and staff from the beginning, while the other two eked the information out slowly.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:27   Link #77
Dr. Casey

I like the art and character designs, personally. This has the potential to be a great show, I hope it's two cours since the story spans quite a few years (Starting when the characters are 12 and ending when they're 26, from what I heard).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:37   Link #78
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

This series could definitely go places. My most highly anticipated series for Fall season (since I know Hidamari Sketch will be great ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I hope it's two cours since the story spans quite a few years (Starting when the characters are 12 and ending when they're 26, from what I heard).
Wow, if that is true, I really do hope this series is two cours.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:49   Link #79
The-Silver-Knight
Rear-Admiral

Definitely going to watch it. Seems really interesting.
The-Silver-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:22   Link #80
Theo

This is as close to 40k as we'll get.

I'll take it.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural