AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 09:22   Link #761
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

There must have been at least somewhat of a shortage of rooms, as people seem to find the guesthouse very convenient to have. While it's true building the guesthouse was not done solely to resolve that problem, since Krauss intended to convert the island to a resort at some point, it does suggest that there were not quite enough rooms, assuming things like the VIP room always going unused.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 17:40   Link #762
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Howdy y'all.

Two years ago I was struck with the desire and drive to write fanfiction, and ended up writing a Haruhi Suzumiya / Umineko crossover which I shared here on the first page of this topic.

A few months ago the creative spark bit me again, but my interests have changed somewhat since then, and I found myself wondering how I could explore the themes of Umineko in other franchises yet again.

The result is a crossover of which, perhaps most people here wouldn't be particularly interested in, but I just recently finished the first major arc of the story and figured I'd share it here anyway.

Spoiler for Summary:

It can be found here.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:49   Link #763
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

I finally got to start Renall's Redaction, I've wanted to read it for quite some time but had trouble with the download link... Anyway

I am really enjoying it so far. It feels really fresh. Kinda like it's another Umineko Episode, but also completely different, which I think complements the entire theme about the Forgeries. I also have to say that I really admire your writing skills. The writing is so fluid and the dialogues vivid.

What I think is the most striking feature of this fanfic, is the fact that Cass and the others become instantly likeable and don't feel out of place at all, because this is usually a fact with fanfic-characters, regardless of how well-written they are.

That, and the way you've presented the 'modern' public's attitude towards the incident. And by that, I mean the Rokenjima convention. Actually, I had toyed with this idea in several fanfic-attempts which never saw the light of day, so I feel kinda defeated someone else thought of it (and quite possibly long before I did)

I've been reading very very slowly due to a lack of time, so I can't say my reading has been active so far, but I guess I'll have to get more serious now that the deaths have started.

P.S: Kinda unrelated but, here's a fanfic idea which I think is interesting:
A meta-meta story about an obsessive Umineko fan (who could very well be played by Erika's sprite or an edit of it) who kidnaps Ryukishi in an attempt to squeeze the Prime Truth out of him. Hey, it could happen.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 14:40   Link #764
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
P.S: Kinda unrelated but, here's a fanfic idea which I think is interesting:
A meta-meta story about an obsessive Umineko fan (who could very well be played by Erika's sprite or an edit of it) who kidnaps Ryukishi in an attempt to squeeze the Prime Truth out of him. Hey, it could happen.
Hey I was going to dress up as Clair for tha-That's a dumb idea nobody would ever do that.
Old 2014-03-22, 09:01   Link #765
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
an obsessive Umineko fan (who could very well be played by Erika's sprite or an edit of it) who kidnaps Ryukishi in an attempt to squeeze the Prime Truth out of him.
I completely support this, uh, fanfiction idea.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 16:10   Link #766
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Hey I was going to dress up as Clair for tha-That's a dumb idea nobody would ever do that.
You get me a Bernkastel tail and you've got yourself a date! I'm good at torturing peopl- *ahem* I mean, yeah, seriously, like, what dumb idiot would ever do that, it's ridiculous heh...hehhehehehe......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
I completely support this, uh, fanfiction idea.
Uh, sure, yeah, fanfiction, this is just a fanfiction idea, nothing more.... I'm... perfectly..... sane... and.... totally not obsessive......

On that note, I remember there was a pic with a sort of parody Ryukishi sprite in the Images thread, anybody perhaps have that? (I tried skimming the thread, but it's freaking huge...)

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-03-22, 19:58   Link #767
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

This is definitely the best Umineko thread now. It already had been but now it's absolute.
Old 2014-03-22, 23:50   Link #768
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Well, I can't speak to that whole cosplay Misery concept, but it's certainly... something. Please don't actually do this, any of you.

On my own front, part 3 of the TIP is mostly done, but I've got to finish the endings first since they all flow from the end of that. Yes, there will actually be a choice! Just remember, there are no wrong answers. Probably. In the meantime, a pt3 preview, because I like spoiling my own stuff.
Spoiler:

Old 2014-03-24, 15:29   Link #769
Captain Bluebeard

An interesting thing I noticed about Redaction, is that the "narrator's" name is always avoided for some reason... because it is definitely intentional. I wonder....

The only name that is ever given to him is "Jeroboam" which he uses in the online conversations. According to Wikipedia, Jeroboam was the a king of the northern Israelite Kingdom of Israel and his name translates to "he pleads the people's cause" or "his people are many". A very interesting name choice, if I may add. I want to ask, is this by any chance relevant?

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-03-24, 15:56   Link #770
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Only symbolically. But it does hint to a few things.

(Said character gets a name eventually, don't worry)

Old 2014-03-25, 17:27   Link #771
Captain Bluebeard

Oh well, I didn't really think you were going to leave him nameless ^^, I'm just very curious about why his name would be avoided....

I've got some ideas, but I may be overthinking this, so for the time being I'll just shut up and wait to see what happens. Redaction is very interesting so far, so I really look forward to seeing the rest.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-03-25, 17:42   Link #772
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I don't think any work can be overthought, although I will say that Redaction is a healthy mix of "I totally expected nobody to get this so good on you for doing so" and "I didn't actually intend that to be there but since you think I did I'm going to pretend I did." Certain aspects of the narrative weren't even nailed down until halfway in, honestly.

Old 2014-03-25, 17:46   Link #773
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

As his editor I can testify that while he did bullshit his way through a lot, he's also being modest. :P
Old 2014-03-28, 06:27   Link #774
Captain Bluebeard

So, I've been totally lazy with my reading of Redaction, but now that the 1994 narrative ended and I still have no idea how it connects to the Rokenjima one, I feel stupid for letting everything go like that, so it's high time I started theorizing a bit.

Spoiler for Culprit Ideas:

Spoiler for A dumb theory:

P.S: I can't stress enough how much I love Andromalius' sprite. First of all, it is very orignal, and he is adorable, but more importantly, his trollfaces look really similar to Ryukishi's art!

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-04-06, 15:06   Link #775
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

After a considerable delay, the third and final part of Redaction TIP #2 is available in the Extras playlist. Not likely to produce a VN version for various reasons though. Just thought I'd let folks know.
Quote:
P.S: I can't stress enough how much I love Andromalius' sprite. First of all, it is very orignal, and he is adorable, but more importantly, his trollfaces look really similar to Ryukishi's art!
Most (but not all) of his facial structure is actually stolen from Cornelia and Gertrude (which is why, if you look closely enough, you'll notice he has rather prominent eyelashes). His costume is original, but was intended to resemble theirs (albeit for a male, hence some of the alterations and the lack of a leotard). Several of the mouths are original though, giving him slightly greater degrees of expressiveness, primarily in the trolling direction. Since Gertrude and Cornelia don't do a lot of trolling in canon. Or... much of anything in canon, actually.

Old 2014-04-08, 11:46   Link #776
Captain Bluebeard

The whole Genji discussion on the spoilers thread gave me a glorious fanfic idea:

Genji threatens the entire family that he will tattle about their "business" (namely, Krauss' emblezement, Kinzo's death, Maria's beating, the baby swap, Yasu's plan and so on) unless they do as he says. Thus, he turns the entire Ushiromiya family into his personal bitches (you know what this means, right everyone? MEIDO-ROSA!).
Then family unite and conspire to free themselves from Genji's tyrany, which by some turn of events ends up blowing the island up.....

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-04-08, 13:50   Link #777
jjblue1

Quote:
The whole Genji discussion on the spoilers thread gave me a glorious fanfic idea:

Genji threatens the entire family that he will tattle about their "business" (namely, Krauss' emblezement, Kinzo's death, Maria's beating, the baby swap, Yasu's plan and so on) unless they do as he says. Thus, he turns the entire Ushiromiya family into his personal bitches (you know what this means, right everyone? MEIDO-ROSA!).
Then family unite and conspire to free themselves from Genji's tyrany, which by some turn of events ends up blowing the island up.....
LOL. It sounds awesome!
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 21:42   Link #778
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

For those wondering where that Erika game project went, I pretty much cancelled it to work on the second Redaction TIP. The reasoning was that it just wasn't very funny and the constraints of the setting just weren't working too well with the way I wanted to goof around and do silly adventure game stuff. It was also probably just a wee bit overambitious.

Now, no guarantees on this either, but it might be coming back. Just very, very... different.
Spoiler:
I might not know my Agatha Christie, but I know the hell out of my David Lynch.

Old 2014-04-11, 14:09   Link #779
Thunder Book
Endless Member

The best way to make this new project successful is to have giant sandworms from the planet Arrakis do the Locomotion only to vanish into thin air.

You know, as an expression of their individuality and belief in personal freedom.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 16:15   Link #780
Captain Bluebeard

It's a real pity about the Erika project, it looked really promising....

But this new one seems interesting too. St. Lucia Erika is definitely something to wonder about....

It's tough to be blue...