Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-02-02, 20:57   Link #17461
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Well people. This might be sudden but the title of the new volume is out.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

For those wondering where the info comes from, it's from Ranobe: http://ranobe-mori.net/label/fantasia-bunko/

That was a suprise honestly.
Eh, not really that surprising. I’ve had a feeling it might be ‘Mio x’ rather than ‘Kurumi x’ for a while now, and it’s been clear that this is the grand finale we’ve hit for a while. Still, I doubt we end here. I expect Volume 19 will be what finally ends the series.

Curiously, DAB3 isn’t listed there. Wonder why it’s been delayed...
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 21:10   Link #17462
JonasDown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Eh, not really that surprising. I’ve had a feeling it might be ‘Mio x’ rather than ‘Kurumi x’ for a while now, and it’s been clear that this is the grand finale we’ve hit for a while. Still, I doubt we end here. I expect Volume 19 will be what finally ends the series.

Curiously, DAB3 isn’t listed there. Wonder why it’s been delayed...
Speaking from my perspective, considering how this kind of has been done in the past, first time in Miku's arc when Hanten Tohka appeared on the cover, the focus slightly shifted from Miku to Tohka. The volume still was named Miku Truth.

Meanwhile now since Kurumi was completely destroyed, it is expected a shift in the spotlight now as well, Mio having showed up takes priority than Kurumi who is now
Spoiler for spoiler:

I still expected for some reason the title to have "Kurumi x" for the reason I stated beforehand. Despite that I understand the intentions.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 22:01   Link #17463
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Speaking from my perspective, considering how this kind of has been done in the past, first time in Miku's arc when Hanten Tohka appeared on the cover, the focus slightly shifted from Miku to Tohka. The volume still was named Miku Truth.

Meanwhile now since Kurumi was completely destroyed, it is expected a shift in the spotlight now as well, Mio having showed up takes priority than Kurumi who is now
Spoiler for spoiler:

I still expected for some reason the title to have "Kurumi x" for the reason I stated beforehand. Despite that I understand the intentions.
No? The first multi-volume arc was Kurumi Killer => Itsuka Sister. Kurumi Killer has no epilogue, and Itsuka Sister starts at chapter 6.

So this isn’t the first time an arc starts with Kurumi, introduces a new Spirit, and then continues into a novel named after that new Spirit.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-02, 22:35   Link #17464
cyberdemon

Quote:
Well people. This might be sudden but the title of the new volume is out.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

For those wondering where the info comes from, it's from Ranobe: http://ranobe-mori.net/label/fantasia-bunko/

That was a suprise honestly.
Wonder if this means it’s the last volume or just that perhaps it’s foreshadowing mio’s death
Old 2018-02-03, 06:15   Link #17465
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Wonder if this means it’s the last volume or just that perhaps it’s foreshadowing mio’s death
I imagine its less flowery than that. Like, DAL is, at its core, a love letter to dating sims (hence ‘Tohka Dead End’ - a ‘Dead End’ is a name for a ‘Bad End’ where you die...and Shido does die in that Volume) and so I imagine that this is Mio ending the game by making her final gambit - with the the next Volume then bringing things to a conclusion.

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-03, 14:33   Link #17466
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Can someone explain what's this about Kurumi being destroyed? I remember spoilers for volume 17 saying it ended with Kurumi being attacked, but I don't know where to find good summaries for Date A Bullet, in the case that series has important information
Old 2018-02-03, 16:06   Link #17467
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Can someone explain what's this about Kurumi being destroyed? I remember spoilers for volume 17 saying it ended with Kurumi being attacked, but I don't know where to find good summaries for Date A Bullet, in the case that series has important information
I can summarize DAB for you, but it has nothing to do with Kurumi being dead.

She is fatally wounded at the end of V17 - that's what they're talking about. DAB seems to happen after she dies, but before she's revived inevitably in V18.

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-04, 10:06   Link #17468
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I can summarize DAB for you, but it has nothing to do with Kurumi being dead.

She is fatally wounded at the end of V17 - that's what they're talking about. DAB seems to happen after she dies, but before she's revived inevitably in V18.
Wait.. DAB is canon?
Old 2018-02-04, 18:51   Link #17469
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Wait.. DAB is canon?
Yes, it is.

If Date AST Like was canon, what made you think DAB wouldn’t be?

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-06, 06:29   Link #17470
tuckersister

I wonder why Kurumi always teases Hibiki with her gun. I also wonder if Hibiki still has that small gun from DAB I in DAB II. There will definitely be a DAB reference in Vol 18 after Kurumi wakes up.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 07:40   Link #17471
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder why Kurumi always teases Hibiki with her gun. I also wonder if Hibiki still has that small gun from DAB I in DAB II. There will definitely be a DAB reference in Vol 18 after Kurumi wakes up.
#1: Kurumi doesn't 'always' tease Hibiki with her gun. She does it one time in DAB2, because Hibiki gets her into idol shenanigans.

#2: That isn't Hibiki. That's Empty - Kurumi in Hibiki's body; you can tell by the red eyes. Hibiki has blue eyes. Hibiki and Empty are not the same character. The narrative makes this bluntly apparent. Empty is Kurumi - and even remembers who she is, and is then referred to as 'Kurumi' towards the end of V1; 'Kurumi' then goes by Hibiki, as the secret is out, before they switch back at the end of the novel.

And that 'small gun' is Tzaphkiel's flintlock pistol, so no, Hibiki doesn't have access to it. Her Innocent Angel is a set of claws - not that she'd ever use them. She's a pacifist.

#3: There might be, yes. Date AST Like has been referenced - as have the Encores, so I wouldn't be surprised - but 'definitely'? No.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2018-02-06 at 07:52.
Old 2018-02-10, 06:35   Link #17472
Mizo

Spoiler for Vol 18:

mind someone translate this plz <3 ?
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 07:23   Link #17473
CanDurukan

Spoiler for Vol. 18 Translation:

Last edited by CanDurukan; 2018-02-10 at 09:15.
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 10:20   Link #17474
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

'Beginning of the end'... Yep, V19 or V20 are the last...

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-10, 10:32   Link #17475
maton456full

Actually the sinopsis says :
Spoiler for sinopsis:
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 13:03   Link #17476
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
Actually the sinopsis says :
Spoiler for sinopsis:
Yes? All of the summaries begin 'let's begin our date/war'. This highlighting that V18 is the 'beginning of the end of that war'...goes along with what we've already been told. That DAL is at it's climax, it's ending, it's final battle and subsequent conclusion.

Still...I'll confess, I didn't quite expect that this is what V18 would be. Like, it's far too early to call what exactly will occur in it...but it's still far more...battle-orientated than ever before. It'll be interesting to see where Westcott is in this conflict (if he is even part of it; Mio could just up and one-shot him)

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-10, 13:42   Link #17477
tuckersister

Keep in mind that Origami fought Mio before so she will puts up a good fight before losing. None of the other spirits fought Mio.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 16:14   Link #17478
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Keep in mind that Origami fought Mio before so she will puts up a good fight before losing. None of the other spirits fought Mio.
Uh wasn't that fight mainly Mio dodging Origami's attacks? Gonna need to check the part where Origami goes after Mio when she went back in time again, but I'm pretty sure it consisted mostly of Mio dodging her attacks, until she managed to remove what Mio was using to hide her appearance, at which Mio point decided to leave.

Really wouldn't call that a fight

Last edited by Seeker213; 2018-02-10 at 17:03.
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 16:45   Link #17479
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Uh wasn't that fight mainly Mio dodging Origami's attacks? Gonna need to check the part where Origami goes after Mio when she went back in time again, but I'm pretty sure it consisted mostly of Mio dodging her attacks, until she managed to remove what Mio was using to hide her appearance, at which Mio point decided to leave.

Really wouldn't call that fight
Yeah that's about what I recall, too.

Letting Go
Old 2018-02-11, 20:51   Link #17480
tokisakikurumi

My prediction is the spirits will get overpowered one by one against Mio. Then Shido will step in and just when he is about to seal her Isaac shows up. I can see him being the final big bad, since it was him that started all this. Maybe he could find a way to absorb spirit energy. Then the spirit Shido cares most for, which would probably be Kurumi could get hurt and he would go inverse. I think it would be an interesting way to do things, then Mio could sacrifice herself to save him and help defeat Isaac once and for all.
tokisakikurumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy