AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-02-02, 19:52   Link #55881
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Honestly, I think Tabane's lil 'self improvements' upped her metabolism to an unnatural degree, hence why she has so much energy. That and it burns away her 'excess', leaving her with a desirable figure. And she does have the body of an 'oneesan'.
Old 2015-02-02, 21:12   Link #55882
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Oh, so that's who ate the goat...

But in all honesty, tabane probably eats enough food to equate to eating a goat every day.
Old 2015-02-02, 21:25   Link #55883
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The weird thing is how she maintains such large... equipment. I mean those burn away right? Crazy metabolism and all since they are generally fat.
Old 2015-02-02, 21:33   Link #55884
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If Zero were here, he would say this: NANOMACHINES, SON!

Still, that does sound plausible for someone who is able to literally delete ISes with a single touch.
Old 2015-02-02, 23:45   Link #55885
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

They can apparently fry brains, so why can't they fry fat in certain areas? Or...transport the fat to certain areas... hnnn, this can also be true...

~*~

Tabane: I want Madocchi~ So I'll disengage those pesky nanomachines in her head!

Chloe: But Tabane-sama, wouldn't that just make her too dangerous?

Tabane: Eh? No waaay~ The Orimura are really beautiful when they are fighting for all they got and Madocchi is no exception! I want her to blow guys' heads!

Chloe: ... *blinks*

Madoka: Hmph, I thought you were crazy, but now I know you're plain insane. But I like it. I get to blow away any guy's head that I want - hell yeah. But I want to do Ichika's first.

Tabane: That's fine with me~ :>

Chloe: Ta-Tabane-sama!?

Tabane: But I'm interested in how you plan on doing it? Show me.

Madoka: Huh? What do you mean? I'll just pull the trigger and...

Tabane: No! That's not how you blow a guy's head! Especially since your first is gonna be Ikkun!

Madoka: ... *confused* I-it's not...?

Chloe: ... oh no...

Tabane: If you don't blow it just right, you won't get lots and lots of white stuff!

Madoka: ... I have no idea what you're...

Chloe: *whispers to Madoka*

Madoka: ENOUGH ALREADY, YOU PERVERTED RABBIT!!!

Tabane: Haaa~h, even the way she yells is just like Chi-chan~
Old 2015-02-03, 01:40   Link #55886
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for I think I just did something that can't be taken back.:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2015-02-03 at 02:35.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 08:31   Link #55887
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@demino_hellsin I actually like that angle. If you could actually make a more realistic and mature situation out of that I'd like to read more of it. Maya definitely could use more screentime and development beyond the "cutie funbags teacher" role she has in the series.

The home stretch. The last part of a fic is always the most difficult for me to write
Quote:
Quickly, she ran out of the hallway. The gunmen would follow.

Leaping through the empty windows, back into the snow. Sudden chill, from the warmer indoors back into the storm. <Ren> barely heard gunfire following her but did not throw the knives. Firing blind, or herding me? <Ren>'s right arm gripped the handle of her Wakizashi, but did not draw the weapon out.

"Do they pay you idiots to think at all?"

<Ren> could hear the shouting over the wind and snow but could not pinpoint its exact location. She scuttled like a crab along the ground, trying to find a target. Her eyes hadn't readjusted from the light indoors, and it was difficult to hear as the wind seemed even stronger than earlier.

"Do you even know who you're targeting? I'm Kanemaru Oura! KANEMARU OURA!!"

I know damn well who you are. <Ren>'s grip tightened on the two throwing knives.

Former Representative for Kanagawa, Kanemaru Oura. A man who was known to be loud and pro-military but otherwise pedestrian in his political career. On retirement, he became a consultant for the US-based Constellis Holdings Private Security firm. Senior Japanese bureaucrats retiring to companies after their stint in government was nothing new; it was practically institutionalized in Japan. Not long afterward, the Johohonbu suspected him of security leaks and the more reluctant Department of Justice agreed. The disgraced ex-politician was later acquitted but asked to leave quietly.

Oura refused to go quietly.

He also promised to get back at the government for this. Politicians making threats were nothing new, but Oura was serious. The last information gleaned by the Johohonbu was that he was organizing some sort of operation in Hokkaido.

Which is where I come in. The reasons for this mission were unimportant. <Ren> had to focus on the task, without distraction. She then heard a soft sound like a rock being dropped, as something was tossed in the snow next to her. A grey-green cylinder with yellow band---

Grenade.

Goddamnit. <Ren> suddenly wondered about karma. Instantly she bolted, before the object exploded. The blast hit her hard, throwing her yards away but without shrapnel. Concussion Grenade. Her ears were ringing painfully. The balaclava and hood did nothing to soften the explosive pressure. More important, she could not hear her enemy and was forced to rely on her sight. Reflexively she threw the knives where the grenade thrower had been, then ran. There was gunfire, but it sounded murky through her deafened ears. She started to feel more pain, realizing she'd landed on her still-healing ribs. Her legs started to ache as she finally turned around another corner of the building. Quickly, she drew out more weapons with her left hand. Shuriken this time. The star-pointed blades would not penetrate as deeply as a proper throwing knife but had more range due to its spin.

"...but the rest of the world goes on." Kanemaru was still talking, yelling into the snow. <Ren>'s hearing was improving as the clipped voices of other people could now be heard. Warning the man to stay down. "But I won't make you forget! Japan needs a proper military force! Japan needs ME!"

He didn't stop ranting, through all of that? <Ren> found herself relying more on her sight despite the white darkness. Whether her target was serious about his promise did not matter. An adrenaline thrill raced through her veins, realizing she just might enjoy killing her target. Small name, big ego. Her smile became cold and wicked.

Why does he have to die?

<Ren> paused, mind suddenly blank. Espionage and assassination were her skills. Unloved by her clan but with too much training invested, she was made into the Johohonbu's knife. From childhood to her pre-teen years, a weapon used against threats to the Japanese Government. Following orders but never once questioning them. She never thought of questioning her orders before.

You never had a problem with it before.

Before, she hadn't been guarding Ichika.

That's not your job anymore. Nervously, she tightened her right fist. Still some pain. Feeling it now. The Arashikage mind-set's focus, her ability to ignore pain and function normally was broken. It's not like you can do anything for that idiot any longer.

Almost too late, she heard a foot crunch behind her. Spinning around, she flung the star-shaped blades into the man's eyes. He screamed, and <Ren> knocked him aside. He was unarmed, not that it mattered to her. Keep focused. She cursed herself for being sloppy. Don't think, act.

Gunfire followed the screaming. The guards, possibly mercenaries Kanemaru had hired. Controlled bursts, trying to draw a bead on her. <Ren> pulled out more shuriken, and started throwing them at and into the building. As expected, the noises of metal on broken concrete or wood were followed by the expected bursts of submachinegun fire. <Ren>'s ears had recovered enough to pinpoint the source of gunfire, as she followed up by hurling straight-bladed throwing knives at the gunmen.

Shuriken to draw their fire, straight knives to the actual target. <Ren> figured she could do this a few more times before they got wise to it, even though the sudden yelps told her that the blades hit home. Too far to be fatal, but definite hits.

Be glad they don't have infrared goggles. Or the multi-phase vision available on some types of IS. Oddly, <Ren> wondered whether Ichika's Byakushiki had the same capability. Stop living in the past or you'll die in the present.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 09:03   Link #55888
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Nice one there, demino.

But I'll stick to my Chase x Maya idea.
Old 2015-02-03, 09:18   Link #55889
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sorry about the trashy pocketbook romance. I was trying to keep it as short as possible. so instead I tried tp drop hints of what their relationship was like in between their converations. Suffice to say I'm not very good at that and they were both pretty much all-in with each other despite the break-up.
Old 2015-02-03, 09:25   Link #55890
coco6561

Still, its another great entry you wrote demino.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 08:05   Link #55891
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Laughs
Cries
Screams
DELETES 3 PARAGRAPHS OF USELESS FLUFF IN HIS FIC AND STARTS OVER AGAIN AT MIDNIGHT

...why?....why? whyyyy?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 08:43   Link #55892
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that's normal. I'm stuck on something too and ended up writing that romance thing I had planned since the days when Eras was writing Daydreams.
Old 2015-02-04, 08:46   Link #55893
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

^Well, your writing is much better than anything I could ever write.
Old 2015-02-04, 08:49   Link #55894
coco6561

I'm trying to match your style of writing that pains a picture in your head while reading. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but still got aways to go.
Old 2015-02-04, 08:57   Link #55895
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I only write like that when inspiration strikes. Not a good practice if you want to be a practical writer

You should see what I come up with when I force my writing XD
Old 2015-02-04, 09:04   Link #55896
coco6561

I see. Now that you mention it, my work doesn't seem like my best when I try to force it out. This chapter I'm writing is definitely uuniqe, but I can't find the right words to make it better.

Any tips for finding inspiration?
Old 2015-02-04, 09:41   Link #55897
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Read, contemplate. Just let your mind spin with any ideas. When you hit bingo, see if you can't fit it into your scenario under the skin of your story.
Old 2015-02-05, 07:32   Link #55898
coco6561

Most of my ideas usually get stopped by the laws of the IS universe. Say I want an IS street fight, can't because of governments and drawbacks. The only freedom most of us have is Tabane who's her own plot device. I've thought of a few things like the ghost of the IS chapter but my well is starting to run dry.
Old 2015-02-05, 07:50   Link #55899
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Think of inspiration as being exclusively in soviet Russia. Because in soviet Russia, inspiration finds you!
Old 2015-02-05, 07:51   Link #55900
coco6561

So... what your saying is.... I should go to Russia?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest