Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-04-08, 15:08   Link #341
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Ofc they do. It has been ages since the last Rep. President won a popular vote. They are a minor party compared to the Democrats and they know it. That's why the reps fight with teeth and feet against anything that makes voting easier. Like for example voting on a sunday instead of a workday, something I thought was common sense world-wide but apparently isn't.
Bush beat Kerry by 3 million votes in the last election a Republican won before Trump, please do some basic fact checking.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2020-04-08 at 15:18.
Old 2020-04-08, 15:59   Link #342
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Bush beat Kerry by 3 million votes in the last election a Republican won before Trump, please do some basic fact checking.
Fact:Republicans can't win if voting is easier and turnout is high

Source:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nobody knows more than this guy, so i'm sure we can take his word as fact.

Last edited by coded321; 2020-04-08 at 16:56.
Old 2020-04-08, 17:03   Link #343
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Fact:Republicans can't win if voting is easier and turnout is high

Source:

Nobody knows more than this guy, so i'm sure we can take his word as fact.
Did you actually watch that video or just read the title? Trump was discussing the enabling of voting fraud that Democrats wanted in the stimulus bill.
Old 2020-04-08, 20:35   Link #344
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Did you actually watch that video or just read the title? Trump was discussing the enabling of voting fraud that Democrats wanted in the stimulus bill.
"Those reforms that will make it easier to manipulate election outcomes and commit fraud–mandatory early voting, mail ballots, and same-day registration, as well as legalization of ballot harvesting–are now back in play, as part of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s massive $2.5 trillion coronavirus bill."

Heritage Foundation
https://www.heritage.org/election-in...ronavirus-bill

What's wrong with mandatory early voting? Let people start voting some number of days (14 perhaps) before "Election Day." People vote absentee before Election Day now.

As for voting-by-mail, Republicans no longer shroud their opposition to a needed reform in the mantle of opposing voter fraud. Now they come right out and say that a broader electorate could doom Republican chances at the polls. Trump himself has expressed his opposition to voting-by-mail while hypocritically voting by mail himself in the upcoming Florida primary.

Personal registration is the single largest obstacle to voting in America. We are unique among major democracies in requiring citizens to register themselves to vote rather than the state being responsible. With same-day registration, people can show up at the polls on Election Day, register if they have with proper identification, and then vote.

Fraud by individual voters constitutes a minuscule threat to the integrity of elections. Much worse are the actions of unscrupulous political operatives like North Carolina's McCrae Dowless. More important still are anti-democratic practices like partisan gerrymandering and yesterday's fraud of an election in Wisconsin.
Old 2020-04-09, 02:08   Link #345
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Actually that does remind me. Do you know if there have been any updates with that voter integrity commission? You know, the one trump formed and sent out to find and expose all the fraudulent votes that won hilary the popular vote by 3 mil? It's been such a long time since I heard anything from that commission, i forgot it existed.
And since we're so worried about voter fraud, Moscow Mitch could have saved easily himself the embarrassment of such a moniker if he hadn't continuously blocked election security legislation in the first place. Heck, if trump is so concerned about election security, he's had three years, two with total republican control of congress, to do something about it.
Old 2020-04-09, 03:31   Link #346
GDB

Quote:
And now democrats and MSM have used up all their cards to stop bernie. there's nothing left now to protect biden from the onslaught trump and the republicans are going to unleash on him this fall.
And... what cards were these that somehow stopped Bernie, protect Biden, and stop Trump but can only be used once?

Quote:
There are people that can drive now that weren't born yet when that happened.

Probably counts as "ages" by that measure.

Quote:
Actually that does remind me. Do you know if there have been any updates with that voter integrity commission? You know, the one trump formed and sent out to find and expose all the fraudulent votes that won hilary the popular vote by 3 mil? It's been such a long time since I heard anything from that commission, i forgot it existed.
I may be wrong, but if I recall it was dissolved after it found no fraud for Hilary but found multiple cases of fraud for Trump.
Old 2020-04-09, 19:28   Link #347
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'll be the first to admit I spend far more time on Reddit than is healthy, and I realize I got sucked into the Bernie echochamber... even though I still like his ideals. So now I see two possible paths forward, which I stated earlier but will do so again:

On one hand, now that Bernie is no longer a threat to Biden and the Corporate Dems, they don't care who gets elected- both Presidential Candidates are basically Bought and Paid For, so media no longer has to push Biden to beat Sanders (I still think that a ton of advertising for Biden before Super Tuesday is what got him that win). Biden wins, or Trump wins mean that Billionaires still profit off people. It just so happens that Trump has a cult of personality that would willingly follow him into Hell, which may give him the advantage in November.

OR... and this is my last shred of hope before Americans turn into a second-world nation... the dumbasses on Reddit have been completely wrong about the political landscape (and this wouldn't entire;y surprise me), and Biden might ACTUALLY be popular enough to win the Presidency. On top of that, it appears that younger folk (in their 20's) like to make a lot of noise online but fail to follow through; meanwhile, the older folks that would theoretically make up Biden's base and are also the most reliable for votes show up like they've been doing and push Biden to win. Plus no Clinton in the campaign... well, at least let me have this last shred of hope for my home country.

Otherwise, I suspect that America will truly become a dystopian nightmare, moreso than it already is. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the United States end up splitting in some fashion, and that my home country won't exist in a few years.
Humans are complicated. Politics is complicated. The ways in which people who are "interested" in politics vote (maybe 10% of people) is quite different to the rest. For example, more voters perceived Trump to be a "moderate" in 2016 than Clinton, though I suspect that won't be the case this time. Why does this matter? Well, perceived moderates tend to do better than perceived extremists, particularly with late deciding voters.

It's very easy for online forums to be dominated by unrepresentative voices. Something I see very frequently online is that more extremist posters tend to drive away more moderate posters, particularly when they become the dominant voice. Putting it another way, a vocal minority can give a very false impression of what the overall community thinks. Forums like Reddit and Twitter tend to be dominated by younger voters and they are probably the least representative age group when it comes to elections.

With regards to Bernie himself, I'd say his (his campaign's) main mistake was to basically run the same message/campaign as last time and somehow expect things to go better. In a truly crowded field that might have just about worked if everything had gone right for them but given that Biden was the front runner for 90% of the time, it was somewhat inevitable that the "moderate" Democrat voters would consolidate around him when other moderate candidates dropped out. There were fewer liberal Democrat voters to consolidate around Bernie. In 2016, a lot of voters in the primary didn't want to vote for Clinton which basically gave Bernie a lot of free votes - that didn't happen this time.

This is not to say that Bernie didn't achieve anything. He did shift the whole party leftwards compared the last 4 years.

I've no idea who's going to win in November this year. I'm certainly wouldn't take a bet at this stage.
Old 2020-04-12, 07:03   Link #348
Key Board
Carbon

USPS being impaired does not bode well for mail voting.
Yes, it's unconstitutional. No, the admin does not care.

Covid19 dragging on with 2nd waves could make things even worse

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-04-13, 14:21   Link #349
ramlaen

And there it is, Bernie endorsed Joe.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2020-04-13 at 16:57.
Old 2020-04-14, 17:52   Link #350
James Rye

As did Obama.
Old 2020-04-16, 11:14   Link #351
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Krystal and Saagar: David Sirota tells the truth about Bernie campaign weakness, gets trashed for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMU-4raF5E

Saagar Enjeti: Media erases never Biden movement in blatant coverup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPHiCTZ35I

Krystal Ball: Previewing the hellish future of a Biden administration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooCgKxgLrm4
Old 2020-04-16, 12:47   Link #352
Key Board
Carbon

Dems are still worrying about their candidate electability

while the GOP are thinking about power grabs (Trump flooding the courts with Federalist judges AGAIN), and potential voter suppression (USPS, Covid19 issues)

They're playing a totally different game. Why are Dems so bad at this.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-04-17, 00:58   Link #353
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
while the GOP are thinking about power grabs (Trump flooding the courts with Federalist judges AGAIN)
Referring to filling vacant judicial seats as a power grab is a new one to me.
Old 2020-04-17, 07:08   Link #354
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I've finally come to terms with the results of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary. It's clear to me that Biden's win is a firm rejection of political revolution as our ranks were vastly outnumbered. His electability was clear in the magnitude of his victory despite lack of progressive support that I'm confident he can do the same in the general, also without our contingency
GANBARIMASU
Old 2020-04-22, 03:26   Link #355
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Seven confirmed COVID-19 cases linked to Wisconsin's April elections
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN223397
Quote:
The seven cases include six voters and one poll worker in Milwaukee, the state’s largest city, where nearly 200 voting locations were pared back to five and there were hours-long lines to cast ballots, the office of Milwaukee Health Commissioner Jeanette Kowalik confirmed.

The number of election-related infections could grow as the 14-day incubation period ends on Wednesday, health officials said.
Old 2020-04-23, 17:35   Link #356
ramlaen

Are you ready for the Democrat party's third attempt after the Russian collusion hoax and a failed attempt at impeachment using false allegations?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...virus-response

edit: actually you could argue this is number four, as Russian collusion and obstructing Mueller's investigation were separate accusations

Last edited by ramlaen; 2020-04-23 at 17:55.
Old 2020-04-24, 04:58   Link #357
GDB

Quote:
failed attempt at impeachment using false allegations
Disregarding how asinine the rest of your post was, this alone shows that you aren't to be taken seriously. He was properly impeached with true allegations. Senate GOP not removing him doesn't make the allegations false, nor does it mean he wasn't impeached.

If you actually think him obstructing the investigation is false, then you're beyond hope. Even moreso if you think he didn't solicit Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden when he admitted it himself.
Old 2020-04-24, 06:28   Link #358
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

If you actually think him obstructing the investigation is false, then you're beyond hope. Even moreso if you think he didn't solicit Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden when he bragged about it himself.
Fixed that for you.
Old 2020-04-24, 21:48   Link #359
ramlaen

Allegedly Tara Reade's mother talked about Biden's sexual harassment with Larry King back in the nineties.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He was properly impeached with true allegations. Senate GOP not removing him doesn't make the allegations false, nor does it mean he wasn't impeached.
You are correct, House Democrats used their majority to formally accuse Trump of wrongdoing. You are aware that is what impeachment is yes? Unfortunately for them the facts in evidence supported Trump, no matter how many whimsical tales Schiff came up with and had to apologize for, thus Trump was found not guilty of the crimes he was accused of.

Quote:
If you actually think him obstructing the investigation is false, then you're beyond hope.
Or it means I am actually aware of what obstruction of justice is and what the results of Mueller's investigation were, which included finding that Trump did not obstruct.

Quote:
Even moreso if you think he didn't solicit Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden when he admitted it himself.
The only one who admitted wrongdoing was Biden when he publicly bragged about blackmailing Ukraine.

Quote:
Disregarding how asinine the rest of your post was, this alone shows that you aren't to be taken seriously.
Your refusal to accept the result of the impeachment trial or what the investigations concluded speak volumes about which of us should be taken seriously.
Old 2020-04-24, 22:16   Link #360
GDB

Quote:
You are correct, House Democrats used their majority to formally accuse Trump of wrongdoing. You are aware that is what impeachment is yes?
Yes, so why do you say it was a "failed attempt"? It was an impeachment and he was impeached. The attempt did not fail, the impeachment went through. Do YOU understand the difference between impeachment and removal from office?

Quote:
Unfortunately for them the facts in evidence supported Trump, no matter how many whimsical tales Schiff came up with and had to apologize for, thus Trump was found not guilty of the crimes he was accused of.
No, he was found not guilty because the GOP Senate was complicit. If you think he wasn't guilty of the things he bragged about doing, there's no use in further speaking with you.

Quote:
Or it means I am actually aware of what obstruction of justice is and what the results of Mueller's investigation were, which included finding that Trump did not obstruct.
Mueller was investigating whether Trump obstructed Justice via the Comey firing. The impeachment was for obstructing the investigation itself.

Also, the investigation revealed that, because Trump obstructed the investigation, they were not provided the evidence that went one way or another. Easy to not be found guilty of Crime A when you commit Crime B to erase all evidence.

Quote:
The only one who admitted wrongdoing was Biden when he publicly bragged about blackmailing Ukraine.

Your refusal to accept the result of the impeachment trial or what the investigations concluded speak volumes about which of us should be taken seriously.
Yeah, you're a lost cause. Welcome to the ignore/block list.
Closed Thread