AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-04-10, 10:53   Link #7661
thefreakmike

Genshirou is Saji's given name, not his family name
Old 2018-04-10, 11:12   Link #7662
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Well, it happens to have the Genshirou family name and they're not related to Saji anyhow.

No biggie.

Besides, they are OCs .
Old 2018-04-14, 10:26   Link #7663
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Hey guys, zxzxzx has a poll on what short stories you would like translated. You can pick up to 3 who will get priority. The others will be translated later or by other translators.

I picked:

*Dark History of the Hakuryuukou
*Having a Mad Tea Party!
*and Akeno's short story

But this one also looks interesting:
*Pavilion Kingdom-Short story about the Rookies Four and Vali Team trying to build special locations called Pavilions in the Norse mythology for Angels and Devils.

I didn't pick it, dammit!

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-04-14 at 11:02.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 11:12   Link #7664
godz

dark history hakuryuu and pavlin kingdom are the ones that attract the most attention.

now guys, there is something in the universe of dxd that causes them annoyance or anger, in my case it is the show oppai dragon and the song, this disgust increased when I apolo the catalog as a masterpiece the song.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 11:42   Link #7665
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Hey guys, zxzxzx has a poll on what short stories you would like translated. You can pick up to 3 who will get priority. The others will be translated later or by other translators.

I picked:

*Dark History of the Hakuryuukou
*Having a Mad Tea Party!
*and Akeno's short story

But this one also looks interesting:
*Pavilion Kingdom-Short story about the Rookies Four and Vali Team trying to build special locations called Pavilions in the Norse mythology for Angels and Devils.

I didn't pick it, dammit!
Damn, the pavilion short story sounds awesome. I'm surely gonna pick that. I wonder if the ss about Cao Cao and Sun wokong vs that monster tamer is in the poll as well
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 17:26   Link #7666
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Cao Cao is not in Sun Wukong's team so no, Cao Cao is not fighting in Sun's team in the SS Familiar Master ~I Choose You!~. It is about Team Zatouji vs Team Journey to the West (Sun's team). Zatouji has the rarest species of slime in his team called Rainbow Slime.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 22:44   Link #7667
godz

Do you think the figure of Solomon is powerful in the underworld of Dxd? and that ichie is keeping a descendant for later in the story.
Old 2018-04-15, 06:43   Link #7668
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

What, i don't remember he keeping a descendant of Solomon somewhere. Please @godz, don't get ahead of yourself with original myth, you will get disappoiment instead.
But well we can fantasizing thing descendant of Solomon will be a woman and Ise again get his hand on her . Well that is too boring if Ise get his hand on too much woman -_-
Old 2018-04-15, 12:53   Link #7669
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
Cao Cao is not in Sun Wukong's team so no, Cao Cao is not fighting in Sun's team in the SS Familiar Master ~I Choose You!~. It is about Team Zatouji vs Team Journey to the West (Sun's team). Zatouji has the rarest species of slime in his team called Rainbow Slime.
Lol i know you should have read my sentence carefully sinve i said ". I wonder if the ss about Cao Cao and Sun wokong vs that monster tamer is in the poll as well". As you can see, i was referring to two different ss, not one
Old 2018-04-15, 15:44   Link #7670
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, we can't tell. It sounds like you're talking about one SS where Cao Cao and Sun Wukong fight the monster tamer.

@godz: We don't know if Solomon is even in DxD.
Old 2018-04-15, 15:53   Link #7671
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
No, we can't tell. It sounds like you're talking about one SS where Cao Cao and Sun Wukong fight the monster tamer.

Really? I should have worded the sentence more properly then
Old 2018-04-16, 10:43   Link #7672
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

good point, but I remember if my memory does not fail me that there are parts in dxd where the 72 pillars were named as the pillars of solomon, maybe it is not relevant now but it does not mean that maybe in the future things will change ... well this is more a little fantasy of seeing solomon.

now what I would not like to see in dxd is satanachia, since it can be a very annoying character if it appears as an antagonist.
Old 2018-04-16, 14:46   Link #7673
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, they're based off of the 72 Pillars of Solomon, but Ishibumi still doesn't necessarily have to put Solomon in DxD. And at this point, it might already be too late to introduce him unless we're introduced to a descendant which is also possible.
Old 2018-04-16, 14:52   Link #7674
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@godz Satanachia should be mentioned at some point in Volume 24 as one of the 6 Extra Demon families that serviced the original Lucifer just like the Lucifuges.
Old 2018-04-16, 18:53   Link #7675
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

So guys, I have been thinking about this but is there any thing you would have liked to change in DxD? Maybe a specific plot point that you felt was badly written or not written well enough? Or If you are satisfied, what kind of stories, or short stories would you like to see, if you chould choose?

*I think that volume 16 was weaker than the rest, especially since the ORC had just defeated Cao Cao & the Hero faction. They should have put more focus on the Vampire Civil war, since we didn't get to properly experience the ramifications that Rizevim unleashed. Would have also given Elmenhilde Karnstein more time to develop her character & witness her fall for Ise.

*We need to see more of the inner workings of the other factions. We only ever get to see the Devils & the Underworld side of things. Heaven, Grigori are underused especially since they are the other 2 main parts of Alliance. Maybe we could also see Asgard since it's Rossweisse home & now that Vali is a child of Odin.

*I didn't like that Irina was neglected by Ishibumi. Hauteclere was a late upgrade & not that impressive. Maybe if she gotten a more powerful Holy Sword or if it felt like she was growing along with Xenovia who seems to surpass her.
Also maybe give Saji another power up, since all of Issei new rivals seem to be on par with him. Maybe more Vritra Sacred Gears?

*More detailed fight scenes- In the newer volumes, Ishibumi only shows a bit of the fights. I'm hoping for more detailed fights.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 20:21   Link #7676
Lucidrago

Well Ishibumi doesn't really have all the time to focus on every single faction. This is largely a series revolving around the devils and the Underworld. So yes we know the inner workings of that faction and not the rest. Because unless it is useful to the main story as a whole, learning the inner workings of each faction is basically pointless.

Well Issei has a Longinus. Saji doesn't. Unless you want to make Saji a Longinus possessor. He already has 4 Sacred Gears how many more does he need?

Well I agree about more detailed fights but Ishibumi seems afraid to paint anything from any POV that's not Issei's or Kiba's. Any long extended POVs that's not Issei's or Kiba's is very unlikely. Either Issei or Kiba has to be fighting or they either need to be watching the fight.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 20:52   Link #7677
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
So guys, I have been thinking about this but is there any thing you would have liked to change in DxD? Maybe a specific plot point that you felt was badly written or not written well enough? Or If you are satisfied, what kind of stories, or short stories would you like to see, if you chould choose?

*I think that volume 16 was weaker than the rest, especially since the ORC had just defeated Cao Cao & the Hero faction. They should have put more focus on the Vampire Civil war, since we didn't get to properly experience the ramifications that Rizevim unleashed. Would have also given Elmenhilde Karnstein more time to develop her character & witness her fall for Ise.

*We need to see more of the inner workings of the other factions. We only ever get to see the Devils & the Underworld side of things. Heaven, Grigori are underused especially since they are the other 2 main parts of Alliance. Maybe we could also see Asgard since it's Rossweisse home & now that Vali is a child of Odin.

*I didn't like that Irina was neglected by Ishibumi. Hauteclere was a late upgrade & not that impressive. Maybe if she gotten a more powerful Holy Sword or if it felt like she was growing along with Xenovia who seems to surpass her.
Also maybe give Saji another power up, since all of Issei new rivals seem to be on par with him. Maybe more Vritra Sacred Gears?

*More detailed fight scenes- In the newer volumes, Ishibumi only shows a bit of the fights. I'm hoping for more detailed fights.
the song of the oppai dragon, the joke got too far for even apolo to support it.
Old 2018-04-17, 02:51   Link #7678
Royalknightftw

@Darksider Vol 16 was nice although i agree it would have been nicer if there was more focus on Vampire civil war.

That's why i think Surtr's team should fight Vidar's team for the next round since Ishibumi said he would try to give younger gods more spotlight and it would be nice for world building.

@Lucidrago it can be done though since the fight between Sairaorg vs Abadon was from his brother's pov and it was quite well done and the fight between Cao cao and Sairaorg was not from Issei's perspective and it was well written according to Nom@n

@gods so what? I think it's cool a god prasing Oppai dragon song
Old 2018-04-17, 04:21   Link #7679
aw454wtr

Actually saji has many viritra type SG put into him, not just 4, all the viritra types are classified into 4 categories

qoute from vol 7

"[When Vritra was exterminated and then sealed into the Sacred Gear, he had his soul split into many layers. Because of that, there are many Vritra-type Sacred Gear possessors. But if you were to group them, there are four types of [Absorption Line], [Blaze Black Flare], [Delete Field], and [Shadow Prison]. These Sacred Gears were hidden with each possessor with some differences. And our organisation, Grigori, retrieved them and put the Vritra-type Sacred Gears that we kept into Saji-kun. Being in contact with you resulted in Vritra’s consciousness starting to appear, so Azazel predicted that all of the Vritra-type Sacred Gears might be able to become one.] "
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 12:49   Link #7680
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Even if Saji doesn't have all of them, he does have all of Vritra and he probably just doesn't have any of the subspecies ones. And the subspecies ones probably don't have a fragment of Vritra's consciousness.

And yeah, Godz, what's the problem with the Oppai Dragon song? I also don't mind it and I'm also an Ise fan (just not biased).