AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-11-30, 12:05   Link #301
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I love this one. :3 Good job too.

*Cookies*
Hmm..i guess u like shoujo then. But i wont deny..although its simple...and it isnt even fine tuned by me..i too really like this pic. An innocence about it which i m glad i achieved i guess ( After all the guy is like a delinquent, and the girl ur typical sweetheart...but still the liss is innocent ) ... i m gettin all mushy >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Once again you don't disappoint.

Very very nice stuff.

*cookied*
I m glad and i dont wish to in the future too

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
WOW ...Nice Pic ...you Really Getting Better each time you Post you Work

Cookies~
Thats truly one of the best things an artist could hear. I wish to improve more and deliver even better works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
My favorite from this new batch.

Is she dancing on piano keys?
well..its kinda fantasy since its not really possible..but then again..a stage setting like this wouldnt be bad

Quote:
Wow, so much details. How long have you been working on this one?
hmmm..the concept took some time to materialize. it has a Yuri theme, and i havent done stuff like this much. I dont really remember the amount of time, but it took me some time to plan the layout

Quote:
Just as mangas made by pros.
*blush* .. what else can i say >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Really beutifull work amazing!

I love the emotion in the faces ect, it really sets the image!
Coming from an artist of your level, I feel very happy about it
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 01:43   Link #302
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

December contest - artist alike and from afar

This isn't a post on works. These are the rules for the January Competition for members of Artist Alike and From Afar

*This rule is subject to change without notice, so try to keep up

TOPIC FOR FEBRUARY : PINK by January Winner Toxic_Trance

------------------------------------------------------------
This Month's Entry Period

This month’s entry period will be from Monday, 2nd February 2009 and will end on Friday, 20th February 2009.

The first voting phase will start on Saturday, 21st February, and will end on Tuesday, 24th February.

The second voting phase will start on Wednesday, 25th February and end on Saturday, 28th February.

For exact timing, it will end at midnight, but since that would be the second day, officially speaking it ends at 11:59 pm, 28th February 2009. (Greenwich Meredian Time).

Please note the timezone differences, if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep
Artists Alike and from Afar Monthly contest

About the contest
This contest is open to all members of the Artists Alike and from Afar social group. The goal of this contest is for people to learn from each other’s drawings as well as have fun in the process through the process of a contest.

About the Theme:
Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. There are several types of themes, mainly being

I) Content theme
a. What you want the contestant to draw (nothing against the forum rules please)
b. For example, beach, winter, or gothic. (don’t take these as guidelines, you can choose something special)
c. Please try to limit your themes so they aren’t so wide, but don’t limit it to much – do leave it open to a certain extent of interpretation.
d. Limiting by character. For example, we can choose a character like ichigo from bleach and have everybody draw that character.

II) Material theme
a. Different materials may present different challenges and it will add an interesting touch to the contest
b. However try to limit the materials to things that are relatively easy to find (eg. Charcoal, markers).
c. Materials like tablets should not be a material, because it is not easily accessible to anyone.

III) Colour or non colour?

a. Since we do not have alot of members anyway, we probably shouldn't have a coloring section and non coloring section. At the same time however, these should not be judged together, since in most cases, coloring would be given more credit, so please make it clear in the theme of the contest whether coloring is allowed.

The Rules of the contest:

1. Contestants are given 2 to 3 weeks to hand in their submissions. Flexibility can be exercised according to individual special conditions, but in general please adhere to the deadlines. Please submit your pictures to the social group’s pictures corner, and label it clearly. For easy reference, we should have a fixed index post that lists down all the entries, so it is easy to vote.

2. A problem with the recent uploading system is that it resizes and downgrades the quality of the images. If you feel that the uploading system’s resizing does not give justice to your work, feel free to upload to a free image hosting site, but still upload to the social group for archiving purposes, and post the link in the comments. The said link will be the link put in the index post.

3. Contestants must submit original works.

a. For this contest, it is mandatory for the poster to list references, if any.

Reference is the source where the original design/idea/concept came from. Like if you drew something from watching an anime, you would write the name of the anime just to give it credit. Another example, if you sketch something that was already drawn by another artist, then the original artist should get some credit as well.

It's like writing a book report and giving reference to the book you used.

If it's your own original drawing then all the credits goes to you.

Quoted from kayos

b. Please refrain from ‘just tracing’. Flexibility will be exercised with regards to this rule, but in general, please make sure at least a good portion of the image is ‘original’. You can reference from another artist’s work, but please do not end up copying his/her work in its entirety. Mere line for line tracing entries will be immediately disqualified.

c. Obviously, entries have to be your own drawings. Copies from another artist will be immediately disqualified.

4. All contestants can only enter one entry. Feel free to upload your random drawings to the group, but only one will be considered as your entry.

5. Contestants who wish to keep their entries private before the start of the voting, do message the organizer (toxic_trance) or leader of the social group (Aoie_Emesai)

About the voting
Phase I. Members will upload their works to the social group picture album, and then members will vote for which piece they thinks are the best. When you vote, you are encouraged to give feedback and suggestions to individual artists, as well as to give them a score. Giving scores and feedback are not required, but it would be a nice gesture and would help them improve. When giving a score, please follow the following suggested rubrics:

Concept & Creativity
Maximum marks: 10
Strictly creativity, something that is refreshing or you never expected would be in this theme but yet is fitting.

Execution

Maximum marks: 10
Drawing skill and style. Attention to detail should also be credited in this area.

When voting, you are required to choose three entries that you think are the most outstanding. It is your choice if you want to give them rankings, but it will not be taken into consideration at this stage.

The three pieces that received the most votes will move on to the next phase of voting.

Phase II. A thread will be opened in the fan creations forum to choose the best piece out of the three pieces. A poll will be started, and at the end of the 5 days, the piece with the highest number of votes will be the winner.

Edit on phase 2 - Since our last contest, putting the 3 various voting section for each submission was a hassle & too complicated and it will be taken out for a simpler voting of I choose this one, like the SOTM. I'll most likely add a poll too for even more simplicity.

Entry period

Participants will be given 2-3 weeks to come up with a piece. 8 to 10 days will be spent on the voting, where 4-5 days will be spent on letting our own community choose the top 3 drawings, and another 4-5 days will be spent letting the AS community choose the best drawing, after which there will be a break until the next month. However, depending on the contest type (i.e. special materials), topic setter may choose to extend time period for voting.

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2009-02-01 at 04:32.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:44   Link #303
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

December contest submissions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the submission for the Artist Alike Contest for January

Submission Number 01:
Cierra

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission Number 02:
Konstargirl

Submission Number 03:
Evil Rick

Submission Number 04:
Toxic_Trance

Submission Number 05:
Animepandafreak

Submission Number 06:
Delitesco

Submission Number 07:
Scep

Submission Number 08:
Katocchi

Submission Number 09:
Satsumaru

Submission Number 10:
Ratche

Submission Number 11:
Cloak and Dagger

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2009-01-09 at 05:36.
Old 2008-12-04, 06:54   Link #304
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
^ Okay. I got your message today so I think I know what to do.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 07:00   Link #305
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

New Pic!!! December Submission

Latest Work, it is the submission for the December Animesuki Artist Contest.
Theme: Winter memories

Honestly, I believe this work has a bit of sloppy finish. A large reason for that being this major stomach upset I had before I started coloring. Thanks to which I had a major loosemotion, suffered from dehydration and almost fell unconscious. So when I resumed my work, all my energy went in trying to focus and hence I ended up rushing up on the work.Thus, the finishing is not great i guess.

Neway, still, I m happy given the circumstances how it turned out.

PS: Although, I feel really sad that the signboard above the couples head is supposed to say "Mistletoe Square" and unfortunately it is not very clear :'(

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2008-12-09 at 11:08.
Old 2008-12-10, 03:02   Link #306
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I always thought that the spoiler would be better. So if the person likes it, the immediate response would be best.

ex. Open spoiler

person : Oh wow!

^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 05:08   Link #307
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

That's amazing. Love the perspective and the atmosphere. (personally thinks we have a winner =P)

Well, I'm still out of inspiration >_<
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 11:19   Link #308
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I always thought that the spoiler would be better. So if the person likes it, the immediate response would be best.

ex. Open spoiler

person : Oh wow!

^^
k..i dont think i got what u were trying to say >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
That's amazing. Love the perspective and the atmosphere. (personally thinks we have a winner =P)

Well, I'm still out of inspiration >_<
*blush *blush*
Tht makes me feel very honored

Neway..right now I m trying to work on a new board for the Animesuki Contest. We have been using the same one for too long
Old 2008-12-11, 19:12   Link #309
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Artist Contest December Banner :)

Well.. Topic is Winter memories... month is December...and the old banner was just asking to be changed. So here is the new pic drawn for the new banner. Caption and color(optional) will come up soon

About the pic:

I tried using Simoun artstyle for this. I just love the Simoun Artwork..especially the manga one. Strangely it looks a lot like Katagiri Yuuhi from Akane iro

Well.. but i think she is very cute..and i guess thats all that matters

BTW..this was the old banner

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2008-12-11 at 19:25.
Old 2008-12-13, 00:56   Link #310
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Same to you, toxic, nosebleed wtf!!!
Old 2008-12-20, 12:37   Link #311
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

New Fanart

Hmmm.. a new work..and surprisingly unlike most of my works, this aint a girl >.>

Special reason for that being that this was made as a birthday gift for my very dear friend and group member Linsetsu.

So, enjoy Gundam00 fans

Old 2008-12-21, 14:13   Link #312
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

ah..not many replies lately -_-

Well neway, here is a new work. This was made for the Animesuki December Artist Contest Banner. The Lineart, I posted a few days back. Here is a colored version by Valduran, who I think has done quite a sweet job on her. this is technically one of the first colored character design by our group MASK. Hope to bring more works to u ^^

Lineart:
Old 2008-12-21, 15:07   Link #313
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
ah..not many replies lately -_-
Yeah, lots of people seem to be on vacation lately; Wich makes a lot of sense in more than one way.

Regardless, that's one awesome drawing. Pretty sexy too!
Old 2008-12-21, 15:13   Link #314
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Hmmm.. a new work..and surprisingly unlike most of my works, this aint a girl >.>

Special reason for that being that this was made as a birthday gift for my very dear friend and group member Linsetsu.

So, enjoy Gundam00 fans

OMG.....my Lockon
did I ever said I love your work
Old 2008-12-22, 08:41   Link #315
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, lots of people seem to be on vacation lately; Wich makes a lot of sense in more than one way.

Regardless, that's one awesome drawing. Pretty sexy too!
Yeah I guess.

And thank you very much. Credit should go to Valduran too for the gr8 coloring

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
OMG.....my Lockon
did I ever said I love your work
Did I ever say how much I love hearing that
I guess I dont suck at drawing guys as much as i thought I did
Old 2008-12-22, 09:28   Link #316
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:

So, enjoy Gundam00 fans

Pretty cool. Not into Gundam but I'm sure that one of my firends will like this but I don't know if shes into Gundam though. I'll ask later. :3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 13:24   Link #317
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hey Toxic, are you guys gonna held the competition here in your thread or a new one will be created like in past editions?

EDIT:

Oh wait, this is the 'only members' voting phase, right?
Old 2008-12-22, 15:33   Link #318
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Hey Toxic, are you guys gonna held the competition here in your thread or a new one will be created like in past editions?

EDIT:

The 1st voting phase is done in the group ^^, the 2nd one will be here. Here as in the fan creation. Though i'm not sure TT wants it on his thread or is he gonna create a new one. He can do which ever he'd like. Though I think a new thread would be better, for advertisment and not to tangle his thread with crap ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 16:00   Link #319
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
The 1st voting phase is done in the group ^^, the 2nd one will be here. Here as in the fan creation. Though i'm not sure TT wants it on his thread or is he gonna create a new one. He can do which ever he'd like. Though I think a new thread would be better, for advertisement and not to tangle his thread with crap ^^
Yup, just as Daniel edited and said, right now the "only members" voting phase is going on. As has been done previously, we will have a new thread for the 2nd Voting phase which will be open to all.

The Second voting phase will start 27th December ^^
Old 2008-12-24, 21:40   Link #320
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Submission Number 01:
Cierra

Concept 8
Creativity 6