AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 11:39   Link #61
Kmos

I want an Akira tv series or a series of movies. Not any dumb idea of live action movie. Same in regards to Battle Angel Alita.
A Beelzebub tv series, the anime was just okay. Manga ended not too long after the anime did I think, handling the anime could've been better especially filler, original ending and timing.
Agreed on a Claymore tv series. Soul Eater and Kekkaishi are two other series I wouldn't mind having re-done mainly cause of their ending.

Edit in my OP rant:
I second One Piece as well, it's a huge series which could be timed better (breaks) so we don't get so much filler or stretching out shots and better animation. I haven't bought any new DVDs since they've started slowing down everything in the anime to a snail's pace. I have no desire to pay/own what is essentially half an episode (12-16 mins.).

Last edited by Kmos; 2014-05-18 at 12:35.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 22:26   Link #62
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Ok, I know this is gonna sound weird, but I've think it through and the anime I would want rebooted it's KoiChoco, but here's the thing, they would have to drop the ridiculous harem hijinks, and focus only on the spy/"political" aspect, since a spy thriller would be something I would gladly watch...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 02:46   Link #63
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Ok, I know this is gonna sound weird, but I've think it through and the anime I would want rebooted it's KoiChoco, but here's the thing, they would have to drop the ridiculous harem hijinks, and focus only on the spy/"political" aspect, since a spy thriller would be something I would gladly watch...
Seeing this, means that you don't know it's original source
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 19:20   Link #64
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Valvrave - extremely hardcore fan of it, but due to numbers of its episode it kinda got screwed hard. So yup it need a reboot and Okouchi need to stay hell 500000 feet away from it.

Guilty Crown - need a reboot and Okouchi also need to stay hell 500000 feet away from it.

That all so far in my list.
Old 2014-05-22, 12:57   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Valvrave - extremely hardcore fan of it, but due to numbers of its episode it kinda got screwed hard. So yup it need a reboot and Okouchi need to stay hell 500000 feet away from it.

Guilty Crown - need a reboot and Okouchi also need to stay hell 500000 feet away from it.

Not that I don't understand why you'd want Okouchi away from a Valvrave reboot, but I have to wonder whether Valvrave would really be Valvrave without him .

That said... I think a Yosuke Kuroda penned Valvrave reboot would be interesting and could potentially be a better, more well-rounded and developed series compared to the original. Heck, I'd just like to see Yosuke Kuroda pen more Sunrise original Mecha shows .
Old 2014-05-23, 00:20   Link #66
itisjustme

I'd love to see a Galatic Heroes with modern animations tbh, although it probably wouldn't sell nowadays.

What about another Adachi though, maybe Touch since it's a bit more similar to Cross Game although I'd love H2.

And if anyone remembers Nadia Secret of the Blue Waters or Captain Harlock, also Banner of the Stars but it's not that old I guess.

/nostalgia
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:26   Link #67
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not that I don't understand why you'd want Okouchi away from a Valvrave reboot, but I have to wonder whether Valvrave would really be Valvrave without him .

That said... I think a Yosuke Kuroda penned Valvrave reboot would be interesting and could potentially be a better, more well-rounded and developed series compared to the original. Heck, I'd just like to see Yosuke Kuroda pen more Sunrise original Mecha shows .
Romantic part which he screwed up really hard in Valvrave, the future scene he teasing also screwed me pretty hard, the story he also screwed pretty hard, the ending also and the most important of all he screwed my Saki of her happy ending which is equivalent of screwing me really really really friggin hard.

But yup after Gundam Build Fighter and 00, I'm really interested in this Yosuke dude. Okouchi just need to write an plot and Yosuke will write a story based that plot for Valvrave, I'm sure the ending and the treatment that Saki will received will be rather enjoyable instead of detestable and no extremely bad taste that last to even now for me from Valvrave.
Old 2014-05-30, 11:14   Link #68
zerozeronine

Zero no Tsukaima - a better studio,animation and being closer to the LN's as possible would be nice and maybe animating the last 2 novels from the authors notes (I think he wrote his ideas,but couldn't write the novel properly as he was in the hospital till his demise).

Tsukihime - with the good end this time.

School days - with the less depressing ending of the manga.

some classic mecha anime like Voltes V,Daimos,Mazinger Z to make use of current animation and cgi technology.

Black Bullet - it's still airing but I already want them to remake it ,the art sucks btw.

edit:
I want to add Valvrave,they need to give a good end to this series,heck most Gundam pilots came up alive in the ending,but this series...I hated the ending and the worst deaths I ever saw in anime.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:53   Link #69
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

You know what would be nice to see done well, or at least decently? BRS TV. Or at least let the team that made the OVA do a sequel.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 10:20   Link #70
all_flying

I know this sounds silly, but I want Atelier Escha & Logy to be rebooted. I don't even believe I'm watching an anime with 2014 vintage. It looks old, lazily done, and have very abrupt direction. Or if they're going to make another season with Logy as a lead, bring it into a bigger studio. Any major Aniplex studios will do. Just... get away from any B-grade studio.

This is one of the greatest JRPG I've seen in recent years. Too bad the anime didn't do justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post

I have different opinion regarding Guilty Crown. The DN/AoT/HoTD director (Araki or whatever his name is) should move his sorry ass away form the anime world forever. He is not a very good director for God's sake. He's only hitting jackpot (The original source is already popular to begin with) and doing something like slapping manga panel into the story board. As a result? Guilty Crown looks silly, even by Valvrave standard. Because he's not very inspiring, lazy, and just goes with everything which 'looks cool'.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 11:15   Link #71
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Tsukihime, nuff said...
Even F/SN is getting reboot... So why not use the hype to reboot Tsukihime?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 11:47   Link #72
Calca
Expressionless

Zero no Tsukaima
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 18:54   Link #73
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Tsukihime, nuff said...
Even F/SN is getting reboot... So why not use the hype to reboot Tsukihime?
But surely there's never been a Tsukihime anime before....?

But seriously, that could be a pretty neat idea.

The founder of this thread mentioned Serial Experiments Lain, and as I re-watched that last week I have to agree.
The original show had some good ideas, but suffers from a low budget, low-grade animation, and massive reuse of stock sequences.
On top of which it's as horribly dated as practically all nineties cyberpunk is.
If you kept the good points, gave it a budget, and made it more relevant to the present day (present time ha ha ha ha) it'd gain a new lease of life and maybe find a new set of fans.

And, leading on from this, while I have no desire for a 'reboot' or remake, I would love to revisit the world of Haibane Renmei some day. I've always felt there was room for a sequel.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 21:43   Link #74
Hazou
Immortal Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
The founder of this thread mentioned Serial Experiments Lain, and as I re-watched that last week I have to agree.
The original show had some good ideas, but suffers from a low budget, low-grade animation, and massive reuse of stock sequences.
On top of which it's as horribly dated as practically all nineties cyberpunk is.
If you kept the good points, gave it a budget, and made it more relevant to the present day (present time ha ha ha ha) it'd gain a new lease of life and maybe find a new set of fans.
This! This is what I am saying. Serial Experiments Lain is still relevant, especially with copyright issues, net nuetrality, tablets, us becoming more technloyzed <--felt it an appropriate adjective

Another anime I'd like to see a reboot is Sword Art Online. The one thing that turned me off about SAO is the art. Its just an ugly anime. With generic character models.

I like Hack Sign still twenty times better than SAO and may rewatch SAO if it just had a better art because SAO is pretty Generic in taste of art. Art is the biggest reason why I watch anime.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 17:02   Link #75
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Aoi Hana although it actually deserves a sequel than a reboot or remake.
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 16:17   Link #76
Biohazardous

For now I would like to say: rin daughters of mnemosyne. I have not seen the source material but to me it was to much time jump. I wish they would have slowed it down and made it longer/better.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 20:52   Link #77
Caoslegion

I want a Shaman King reboot, also a rurouni kenshin reboot(Samurai X as known in latin america) and an actual negima adaptation not the dissapointing things we got.

Also since the code geass production team admited that they had to cut part of the plot due to money/time issues a code geass reboot that fills all the plot holes would be awesome.
Caoslegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 09:26   Link #78
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You know what I think would really need a reboot?

Hokuto no Ken (AKA fist of the north star ken)

One of the best (if not the best) Shounen manga ever written, still famous and known even today even from people that weren't even born when the anime adaption aired.
And the quality of the first series was awful, they even changed the chara design to make Ken look more similar to Bruce Lee somehow, lot of fillers and so on.

JoJo is doing great right now even though it's very old style as well, so why not the classic that partially inspired it?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 10:50   Link #79
DawnEmperor

Chaos:Head and to a lesser extent I feel Robotics:Notes need reboots. There's definitely a lot of content and focus that was cut out. In general, visual novels, if not outright reboots, could stand to have a few extra OVA to showcase arcs(like in the case of Clannad)

I also agree with Rosario+Vampire; by the second half of the series there was a much larger focus on the overall Fairy Tale conflict yet that didn't really make it into the adaptations.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 15:01   Link #80
agoodcupoftea

[QUOTE=Hazou;5144708]This! This is what I am saying. Serial Experiments Lain is still relevant, especially with copyright issues, net nuetrality, tablets, us becoming more technloyzed <--felt it an appropriate adjective

I would so love that. I loved SE Lain, and I would love to see something take on these issues. Could even be a continuation. Where is Lain's place now in the world, now that she hit "reset." And the Wired, her true home, becomes increasingly bent to the rules of corporate overlords, but all the while, she can reach people no matter where they are? Could she be the one to do something? What *can* she do? Perhaps, was this her purpose, even, the reason why she was created?

Also, someone asked about a Shaman King reboot. Yes, one that had the racism cut out and made me not feel guilty for liking it so. But you do know about its continuation manga: Shaman King Flowers, which follows Anna and Yoh's son?

I can also think of some stuff I'd like to see rebooted with the queercoding (gay=villanous, femme=gay) gone and not suffer from so much sexism (on both sides, in fact)

But, that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so that's what one current and one still considering fan collab proj are for.

That aside, I never thought of it till you said it, Hazou, but how does the Lain proposal here sound?