Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-03-09, 03:57   Link #1
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Has anybody played this DS game? I was looking on Lik-Sang, and this caught my eye. It looks crazy, and yet intriguing... Anyone know whether it's worth me importing?
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 13:34   Link #2
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

I love the game, it's not quite as crazy as it seems. Well it is but not as much as the box suggests. If you're not used to it, then it's like "WTF do I do?!?" and fail at the first level...on easy ><. Once you get that "groove", it's great fun and gets easier until you reach the last level on hard.

I'd get it, but there may be a english version coming out.

Oh and get a screen protector if you do buy it, my screen does seem to have circular marks after it.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 13:37   Link #3
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

double post

Last edited by Ryuu-Odjn; 2006-03-10 at 01:48.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 21:25   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
HEY I remember I made a topic about this before the virus hack! Damn I guess that got deleted....Oh well nope I haven't played it but I did want it at some point but at some other point that desire dropped a little bit.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 22:57   Link #5
rdkenshin

If you were to ever import a DS game, Ouendan would be the one. The most fun I’ve had with a rhythm game. I haven’t played too many though (DDR, Amplitude, Band Bros.). What I really enjoyed about it was its use of the touchscreen. In the other games I mentioned they have you pressing certain buttons and button combinations that make it overly complicated in comparison. In Ouendan you have 1 tool you use, the stylus. If you’ve ever played Band Bros. (also for the DS) you would know it’s very complicated. Dpad + face buttons + L and R. That’s 10 buttons. I can’t do some of the harder modes because my brain just gives in. There’s too much going on and I can’t process it all.

I would compare it to whack-a-mole in a way. Let’s say they tried to make whack-a-mole on the DS but instead of using the touchscreen they used the buttons. So there are 9 mole holes you have to keep track of and you have to press a certain button to hit a certain hole. But the buttons are not mapped in a logical manner. Up on the dpad is the middle, A is the top left, L is the middle right. Just nonsensical button placement. That’s what a traditional Rhythm game would be. Ouendan would be the more hands on approach. Just tap where the mole pops out. This doesn’t mean it’s easy though, just more accessible. Timing is still a factor, you still have to tap in sync with the music. But now there is also the added factor of accuracy. It gets pretty frantic and you have to make sure you tap within the circle while timing it perfectly.

So it’s not a typical rhythm game and it’s more accessible.

And it has a rockin soundtrack.

BUY IT
rdkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 01:40   Link #6
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
"When DDR meets Katamari". Nuff said. :P
Old 2006-03-20, 11:31   Link #7
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Definately have to have good time or rhythm...This game is so enjoyable on so many levels.
Its too bad I'm stuck on the 12th song(I think)...I can't imagine how hard the female cheer leaders are....
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 12:24   Link #8
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
When I was first shown this game at a friend's house, I was like whoooa awesome I want it.

Now that another one of my friend's bought it, I tried it out. It is straight out awesome. The timing is interesting too.

Anyways, I was sent this link, and it applies to this thread
It is the last level on the hardest difficulty
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0675&q=Ouendan

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 12:26   Link #9
Dural
Me > You

One of the best DS games by far.
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 12:54   Link #10
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

IMO one way to technically "master" the game is knowing the songs...Alot of the songs are popular hits in Japan(Duh~) and I'm sure the average anime fan has heard a couple of them from anime intros/endings or heard of the groups(B'z, Orange Range, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Hitomi Yaida etc)...
I'm an avid Jpop/rock listener and I even recognized alot of the songs
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:54   Link #11
walkofshane

I became a fan of Yaida Hitomi after playing this game
I tried singing along while playing songs in the Ipponggi Ryuuta level -- I kept getting distracted so I stopped. I love this game so much. I might play this again when I go offline. I miss this. It's been years
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote